• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokémon: Alola High (Rp Room)

Litten was about to doze off completely, but then Tommy yelled; “Blaze! Shoot an ember to catch it off guard and come in with the Scratch!” Blaze shot the ember at Ingens and then was ready to follow up with the real attack.

"Water Gun!" Ingens reared back and shot a forceful spray of water out of its mouth towards the Ember, its spiral pattern stopped spiralling as Ingens attacked. "Keep moving, you won't be able to get out of the way in time if you stay still!" Ingens walked to the left and the right as she kept shooting water, trying to extinguish the fire attack.

"Crap! Of all the classes to be late for, it had to be the only fun one!"​

Ian, along with his partner Flint, ran through the halls as they made their way to the battle class. As they spaced out after helping another late student and soon arrived to the battle class only to see a current battle in progress. Ian could only hope that he wouldn't be marked late for this as he could not afford to pile up the tardies so early in the year while he and his Chimchar who climbed to his shoulder observed the battle ahead of them.

Interesting...

Observing the battle in front of her, Claire found both trainer's tactics to be rather novel. The Poliwag's trainer was making full use of his type advantage and status moves, while the Litten's trainer was leveraging the feline Pokemon's superior speed to good effect. She watched carefully, taking note of both trainer's and noting them down as future rivals. A grin surging with excitement slowly spread across Claire's face, and she cast her gaze downwards, towards the Mareep she was now carrying in her arms. "Seems like we won't be getting bored anytime soon, right, Chysa?"

While the previous classes had proved...educational, battle class was what she'd truly come to the school for, and as far as she could tell, it wouldn't disappoint.

The water fizzled out the ember, and hit Blaze. He was struck backwards and landed on his feet with a slide. “Quick! Now use the Fury Swipes technique!” He yelled, and Blaze began rushing at high speeds, moving in an irregular and confusing pattern.

"You can't outspeed him, use Bubble to slow him down!" Ingens shot out countless bubbles, hoping to slow down the Litten although it might already be too late. Blaze was getting closer to Ingens and ready to attack, the best Ingens could do was hope for Blaze to slow down.

Blue_Flash4

Previously Blue_Flash4 de Lafayette
Nick still waiting for someone’s to challenge him thought about how great of a battle this had been so far. He then decided to right down the Litten and Poliwags moves down encase he went up against them in battle.

Namine woke up from her nap. "Oh crap" thought Namine to herself. She picked up Vexen and she ran to the ladder. She climbed down the ladder to see a trainer with a poliwag and Tommy with blaze battling. She ran up to a boy nearby wearing a black jacket. "Umm. Hi! I'm Namine. In my hands is Vexen." <Hey> said the white fox.

Blue_Flash4

“Hey, I’m Nick” Nick said as he stood up from where he was sitting he then petted Vexen and said hi to it. He then sent out Poli and said “And this is Poli”

“Poli! ( hi )” said Poli.

Last edited:
Blaze kept dashing, slashing through the bubbles using its claws with ease. It arrived upon Ingens and began slashing rapidly. “Nyanyanyanyanya!!!!!” It meowed as it slashed repeatedly. “Yeah! Do it Blaze!” Tommy Yelled.

Ingens took heavy damage, so much in fact that it was laying down on the ground. "Catch it off guard! Water Gun!" Rosanna yelled as Ingens forced itself to use its tail to get back up and forcefully shot water at Blaze at point black range. "You can do it Ingens, show that cat who's the better fighter here!"

Blaze was slammed back by the Point-Blank water gun, and fell to the ground, almost defeated. “Blaze! We gotta finish this! Use OUTRAGE!!!” (Move Tutor move) he yelled, and Blaze was surrounded in a cloud of blue and orange fire. He meowed loudly before rushing straight at Poliwag.
(You wanna win or can I?)

"Outrage?! A Dragon type attack on that cat? Ingens, use all your strength to take out this cat!" Rosanna yelled as Ingens shot out another Water Gun at the blazing cloud that was Blaze.
I am fine with either result, but by the looks of it you're winning

Blaze burst straight through, the dragon type attack severely overpowering the water type attack. He reached Ingens and then used its paw to try and smash Ingens straight into the ground.
“Yeah! Do it, Blaze!!!!”

"Ingens! No!" Rosanna cried out as Ingens got pummeled. "You'll pay! Return Ingens and go Impera!" She recalled Ingens and let out a male Nidoran, clearly eager to fight. "Impera, Focus Energy!" Impera cried to the skies and a gleam appeared in its eyes, seemingly much more focused than before.

"Kick the skull in of that cat! Double Kick!" Rosanna became agitated and she made sure that people knew. She shouted her commands and Impera attacked with the same ferocity, launching itself at Blaze with its feet ready to kick the last bit of HP into the ground.

The head on assault damaged Blaze quite a bit, but before he could faint, he launched one final ember and then hit the ground.
“Blaze, return. Also, whoooaaaa! No need to get so aggressive! Come on out, Shock!” He said, tossing out his Grubbin.
(Anyone else going to start battling to do... something called plot progression?)

"We can take that grub Impera, don't let me down! Peck!" Rosanna's anger died down a bit and turned into enthousiasm as Impera dodged the last-ditch effort Ember and charged at the Grubbin, its horn ready to deal a lot of damage.

Shock was hit by the horn and was knocked backward. “Retaliate with Spark!” Tommy yelled, and Spark rushed at Impera with high-voltage Speed. “Let’s make sure we don’t need to use our third Pokémon, Spark. We don’t need that.” He added, a small worry-tone in his voice.

"I will make you use that third Pokémon, come on Impera! Peck again!" Shock hit Impera with the Spark, doing a surprising amount of damage but not before Impera turned its back to Shock, hoping for Shock to hit one of its poisonous spikes.

Shock wasn’t going to fall for it a next time, and it’s used String Shot to skillfully menuver Around Impera. Then, it used the same move to latch onto Nodoran and pull itself into Impera using vice grip. If it hit, it would Be poisoned but do lots of damage. If it missed, it would do no damage but not be poisoned.

"Impera!" Rosanna cried out as Impera fainted from the Vice Grip. As she looked at Impera's fainted state any and all emotion fell from her face and she just recalled her Pokémon. "We need more training if we can't even beat a bug." Even though she didn't show anger, her voice was soaked with it.

"Okay? No, I got destroyed and I need to train more! This just won't do!" Rosanna yelled and ranted on about how she lacked strength before calming down. "But I suppose you won fair and square." Bitterness seeped out of her pores as she shook Tommy's hand.

Tommy just smiled. “Good to see you’re calming down. You seem like a good friend to have!” He said, then stretched as he placed the Pokéballs for Blaze and Shock in the healing vessel right next to The field.

Rosanna was caught off guard, a friend? She was never called that, she was the girl that had a terrible temper and loved to battle. She was not the girl that seems like a nice friend, but she tried her best to give the most intelligent response she could think of. "Huh?"

“Yeah!” He said, oblivious to her confusion as he picked up his two Pokéballs from the healer and went to sit down. He then tossed out Blaze, who yawned. “You sleep too much.” He said, and Blaze just meowed tiredly. <Is it too much to say I have the opposite of insomnia? I gusss so.>

"It's a cat Pokémon, they are not known for their activeness." Rosanna said, thankful that this kid was too oblivious to notice her obvious confusion and decided to heal her Pokémon. "Umm, so, what made you think that I would seem to be a good friend?" She said as she looked around nervously, she was curious but confused about the statement Tommy made.

“You’re Good at battling... and I dunno, I like to make all kinds of pals.” He said, then got up again. “Now, which one of you other folks wants to have a go at any of my thre- I mean two Pokémon?” He yelled out.

Gold The Dragonite

Previously Dratingonair
Ryan thought about it, all he needed to do was beat a Litten and Grubbin. Eventually, he stood up and replied. "Sure, I guess so." He said, walking up to the stage. "Go, Gracidea!" He called out his Flabébé. " You can start.". Gracidea didn't do much battling as a wild Pokemon, she was only level 6, but she wanted to do her best.

Ian had enjoyed the battle before him, though he was more than eager to get into one himself. As he looked around he took note of a trainer with a Mareep in her arms as he figured he should go and ask someone if they wanted to battle...and she seemed like a strong trainer on a glance so he walked over to her with his Chimchar on his shoulder.

"Hey there, don't supposed you'd be willing to battle? Me and Flint are itching for a battle, can't just watch other students here get going and do nothing you know?" Ian asked the girl as his Chimchar Flint scanned the pair with a curious yet friendly expression.

“Go, Shock!” He said, and tossed out Grubbin onto the field. <Buzzz... Ima best you.... buzzzzz...> Shock whirred, and then launched a frontal assault. “Use Vice Grip!” Tommy Yelled to the surprisingly fast Shock. Shock opened his jaws and launched his attack, ready to slam down on the tiny flower.

Gold The Dragonite

Previously Dratingonair
"Gracidea, use Fairy Wind to slow it down!" He commanded his Pokemon. It may have slowed it down, but the Flabebe wasn't able to dodge. It did quite a bit of damage, but she wasn't going to give up now. "Now, use Vine Whip to grab hold of it, then swing it around in the air!" He said.

"I thought I'd never get asked, you're on!"

Pleasantly surprised that she'd been challenged even before she'd chosen to challenge someone, Claire accepted without a second thought. She grinned slyly at Ian and quipped, "But you know, it's only good manners to introduce yourself to your opponent before challenging them, I'm Claire by the way, and this is Chysa."

Blue_Flash4

Nick decided he had better things to do so he and Poli went off to find someone else to fight. He couldn’t really find anyone to he decided to lean against the school wall and wait.... and wait.....and wait.

Rosanna was not any less confused than five minutes ago, but she decided to not dwell on it any longer and instead train her Pokémon. That's when she saw a boy standing against the school wall and at that moment she knew that he would be her next opponent.

She walked towards the boy that was not exactly doing much and pulled out a Pokéball. "Hey, you are not doing anything right now so wanna fight?" It was meant to be a question, but it sounded more like an order due to an unconcious slip of her anger.

Blue_Flash4

“Sure” He said. He then grabbed one of his poke balls and held it up. He then questioned himself if he really wanted to use this Pokémon and he decided it would be fine because his other Pokémon weren’t as powerful as this one.

Shock was being swung around like a rag doll. “Quick! Use... uh... Spark!” He said, And Shock lit up with electricity, sending it down the vines to electrocute Flabébé. “Yeah, that’s how you do it!” Tommy Yelled, exited.

"Oh, my apologies. My name is Ian, and this is my partner Flint." Ian said, with a sheepish grin as he rubbed the back of his head. If his mother heard he forgot to introduce himself like that oh she'd never let him heard the end of it.

Ian then moved to the opposite end away from Claire, as his Chimchair Flint moved from his shoulder down in front of him and appeared ready for battle.

"Nice to meet you Claire, and Chysa. Sorry I'm gonna have to give you guys your first loss in your first battle here. But hey I expect it to be a good one and wish you luck." Ian said, as he snuck in his own playful quip on top of genuine good lucks as he would wait for Claire and Chysa to get ready before he did anything.