• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokemon Alola High (Reboot)

DoggoKing22

Previously ChristianTheDoggoKing
Minutes passed and Christian went back to his seat. He heard about the field trip that they’re going to be having. “I guess I’m going to see Kahuna Hala again guys.” Christian said over to his friends at the other desks. He showed them his Forest Green Z-ring with a Waterium Z on it. “I already beat him once. But it’ll be fun to do it again.”

"Cool.” Makenna said about the field trip.

When the bell ring, Makenna was generally grateful, and she picked up Bagon, carrying him to the Pokémon Care class. Since she hadn’t any idea how to get there, she followed some classmates, and soon arrived in class. She just stood in the doorway, unsure of what to do, where to sit, or if they had assigned seats or not.

Kaleb returned Rowlet before following Makenna and Christian on his way to Care Class. He said nothing, due to still being pretty tired. He walked behind them, half asleep as his feet shuffled across the hallway floor. He jerked awake when his Rowlet hopped out of its ball. “Fine, I’ll carry you there,” he said to his partner. “Just don’t start running off or acting up.” He picked Rowlet up and carried on walking to his next class.

Tommy dashed over to the next class and saw Shock and Blaze outside the door. "When did you get her- OH. You little-" he growled, and the two Pokemon shook in fear. He stopped glaring, and sighed. "You punks better behave yourself for the rest of the day. That DEFINITELY means no more stunts like that." He said, and his two Pokemon nodded furiously as he went and took a seat at a random desk.

Makenna watched Tommy sit at a random seat, and sighed, carrying Bagon and herself to another random seat next to Tommy. Makenna had taken a liking to Tommy, considering he showed her around the school, and was the only person she knew. Bagon sat on Makenna's desk, and slumped down, belly up, hoping to catch some sleep he missed when Makenna awoke him that morning.

Tommy looked next to him to see Makenna. He waved in the traditional Alola style, grinning. Blaze looked at the tired Bagon. "Meow, Mrow. Meow Mrow Meeow." (Hey, Bagon. Words of advice are to never listen to my ideas again.) he told him, and then walked over to a corner where he curled up in his 5th nap in these two hours alone.

Makenna gave a smile to him as well, and waved in the Alolan manner. Bagon didn't respond to Blaze, for he was already fast asleep, waiting for the class to begin. Makenna was very excited for this class, because it could help her progress in her future career choice.

Dylan walked into the next classroom. This was no topic he was interested in, but he had to be there. Dylan took a random seat, not caring about who he sat with, and Frost slid down onto the desk. "Chill out today bud. If we can get another battle, it's yours."

Kaleb sat down in the seat behind Tommy, remaining quiet, waiting for class to start. Rowlet rolled onto the floor and sat there, falling asleep. Kaleb just sat there in his seat, waiting for the teacher to enter the classroom.

A strange woman walked into the room from a door behind the desk. She seemed nervous and jittery. Must be her first day on the job. She had Platinum Blonde hair, green eyes, and fair skin. She wore a white-based outfit consisting of a skirt, a tank top-sort of garment and white shoes. She seemed to be in her late teens/early twenties. "That must be the teacher." He said to Shock, who had climbed onto his desk.

“She looks nervous...and mysterious...” said Makenna, glaring at her.

Bagon started snoring loudly, making grunting noises. Makenna shook him slightly to wake him up, her eyes not leaving the teacher.

"What do you mean by mysterious? The most vibes she gives off to me are Aether Vibes." He said, shrugging. She breathed in deep, and then out. She wiped the sweat off her forehead and seemed to be calmer. She then began writing on the whiteboard; Hello Class. For those of you coming in, I am Mrs. Diamond, but I'm only 9 years older than most of you, so just call me May. I'll explain a big of my past so you can get to know me when class starts. :D. And Tommy smiled, but then frowned. "May.... Have I heard that name before?" ((No, it's not May from Hoenn.))

Kendar sat down on one of the desk and began listening to the teacher. "Hmmm... May." He slightly wondered about the name. but quickly dismissed it.

((Go to the discussion, @MisdreavusWoman and fill out a bio to join.))
May saw that some of the clas was in. She coughed. "Ehem... Heh... Hello class! I am Ms. Diamond, but the board says to just call me May. I'm not as old as the other teachers here." He said, scratching the back of her head. "I am an Island Challenge champion, known for... Ah, just go to the library and find out. Feel free to ask any questions regarding my past!" She said, grinning and tilting her head sideways.

DoggoKing22

Christian sat down and waited for class to start. When the teacher walked into class, something felt odd to him. It’s not very common to see a young teacher her age. The teacher described herself as Ms. Diamond, but she wanted the students to call her May, for some reason. Recalling what she said about being the ‘Island Challenge Champion’, Christian quickly asked, “What exactly IS a Island Challenge Champion? And how do you become it?”

"If you complete every trial that there is, you are considered an Island Challenge Champion. You gain great respect, and then you have the chance to compete in the Alola Leauge to try to beat the championship to earn the ability to take on the Elite 4." She said, smiling at Christian's question. Tommy then said; "Why does your name sound so farmiliar?" And May shrugged, knowing she was going to have to say it eventually.
"I am the current Alola Champion. It was a great honor to me, but I decided to take residence at this school. My friend, Xaivon, is taking over for the leauge currently." She said, putting it blatantly out there. Tommy's mouth gaped. "Y-you're... You're champion May!" He said in surprisement. She had been champion since she was 11 according to most sources, and her title has never been taken from her, but she has left a few people in charge for her sometimes, such as Xaivon.

DoggoKing22

Christian sprouted out of his chair with excitement. “T-the champion, here!? That’s a low possibility of a champion attending school as a teacher.” He said. The thought about it for a little bit, but he then got a idea. “Is there, by any chance, a way I can have a double battle, with my Pokémon against yours, Ms. champion? I’ve gotten all trial crystals except the final three.”

"Well, most people know Xaivon as the champion. I'm mostly out of office." She said, scratching the back of her head. "And maybe you can battle me in battle class! I AM one of the two teachers of battle class, so I'd be happy to accept your match later." She then said.

Dylan snorted from his seat. "I can beat you, so what makes you think you have a chance?" He asked Christian. The kid may have more z-crystals than he has, but Dylan hasn't gone around collecting them yet. He actually is planning to skip some nearby school days to take on a few trials, but he needs to ask professor Samuel first.

Kaleb scoffed at Christian’s request. ‘A kid who hasn’t even graduated from school believed that he could take on the champion of Alola? What a joke,’ he thought to himself. He sat there quietly, not speaking his mind. He did not want any fights going on, despite being sort of annoyed by Christian. He looked over at Dylan, slightly nodding at his remark.

DoggoKing22

Christian looked over at Dylan with discreet. “What would make you think you’re better than me? One: You never battled me before, and two: I won’t know if I’ll win or loose unless I try. If I loose against her, hey, that perfectly fine. I can have a rematch when I get stronger.” He said.

Last edited:
Dylan looked a sideways glance with a half groan. "You know your gonna lose, so why bother. And you know perfectly well, you don't have any pokemon who can stand up to Dan or Frost." He said with a chuckle in his voice. The whole class saw how Dan took a heavy blow, then a Z-move, and another blow and kept on fighting. And Frost was even stronger.

Makenna growled slightly to herself when hearing she was champion. Makenna hates all things violent to Pokémon, and did her best to care for hurt Pokémon. She despised the idea of the champion of Alola, someone who beat up other Pokémon to get to where she was. She knew her friends liked battling, which bugged her a bit, but for some reason, it was the champion she despised. Not to mention, she refused to take place in any activity involving fighting with Pokémon.

Tommy looked at Makenna strangely, and shrugged. "... What's wrong?" He asked, as she looked stressed and angry for some reason. "Okay! In this class we'll be learning about how to care for Pokemon. I may be a battle-hardened champion, but after battle, you gotta make sure you know how to care for you as well as your opponent's Pokemon, even after the battle is over. It's the best way to get respect and love." She said, sending out a Jolteon. It jumped into her arms, and she pet it lightly on the head.

DoggoKing22

Christian ignored Dylan and payed attention to class. He raised his hand, “So, is caring for Pokémon the most important thing in training Pokémon? Great!” Chriatian said. Even though he doesn’t like school, he finds this school, rather enjoyable for him. So what he did, is listen to every single word the teacher said about Pokémon health and caring. Something he doesn’t do very often.

Makenna was no longer tensed once the teacher mentioned caring for Pokemon with love.

"Okay. I hate her a bit less." she whispered. a bit sternly. "She battles with Pokemon, putting them in danger. All she did to get to where she was is battle. But as long as she cares for her Pokemon in the end, all of that doesn't matter, right? Wrong. But still, at least she cares for her Pokemon a bit."

Bagon rolled his eyes, and stared at the teacher. His eyes were huge, and hearts fluttered at the sight of her. Pokemon in love with the teacher. Only a situation like this can go down in hell so quickly.

"Yes. I believe that caring for your Pokemon is the best way to train them. Otherwise, you're just heartless, like those Team Neon Skull punks! I can't believe those- Ehe... Sorry. I've got personal history with those Pokemon-hurting jerks." She said, scoffing. Tommy frowned. He'd had some bad experiences with that team too. "But yeah. You have to care. If I didn't care, all my Pokemon would've left me by now." He said, and Jolteon began nuzzling up against her. "Hey! Voltage, cut it out!" She said, laughing.

Dylan perked up when he heard something the teacher said. "Neon Team Skull?" He asked, having quite a history with them. Dylan took a half-deep breath before taking out Dan's pokeball. "Neon Skull, they were taking him when I saved him. Got a BONE to pick with those Skulls."

DoggoKing22

When the teacher mentioned Team Neon Skull, Christian got a little bit pissed about it. He clenches his fist with anger with a side of some tears in his eyes. “Please...don’t EVER talk about those- *insert sniff here* -those MONSTERS. If I see them again....I’m no joke gonna kill them.” He growled.

Dylan, who had the look in his eyes that would strike fear into people looking directly to them, placed a hand on Christian's shoulder. "And that's why you would lose to me. You express your anger to strongly, which would rebel the bond between you and your pokemon. In doing so, you put your pokemon in danger." When trainer and pokemon's bonds waver, their z-moves are weakened.

DoggoKing22

Christian looked back at Dylan while wiping the tears off his own face. “I-I mean, y-y-you’re not wrong. Every time I used a Z-move, s-something seemed a little off. And now because the teacher mentioned that group of monsters, I’m really upset and mad because of what they did to me. And I don’t really want to talk about it. I really have to stop being a softie.” He said.

“So Team Neon Skull is not just targeting me,” Kaleb said. “Someday I’ll get my revenge on them for what they did to me and my family.” His Rowlet grew suddenly angry at the mention of Neon Skull and started flapping his wings all over the place. “Guess my partner hates them just as much as I do, and for good reason. Those no-good thieves are gonna get what they deserve someday.”

“What is up with people and history with Neon Skull?! God, you’re acting like babies.” Makenna said.

But she only said this in her head, so no one else heard it but her. Bagon was still making Googoo eyes at the teacher, until Makenna bopped him over the head.

"Well, enough of this talk about those horrendous ruffians. I have our first assignment. You must take care of an egg until it hatches. This won't be an easy task, but it will be a fun one!" She said, and went into the back room, rolling out a rack of Pokemon eggs. "Well, I guess we'll just have you come up and pick the one that best suits you." She said.
((Go to the discussion and tell me the Pokemon you want from the egg, but no single-stage Pokemon who don't evolve. I'll see if what you want is fine.))

Makenna stood from her chair, and walked to the front of the class. She placed her hands on one of the eggs, and it seemed to wiggle around in joy, as if flapping tiny, unmade wings.

"I'll take this one." Makenna said, picking up the light weight egg.

She walked back to her seat, cradling the egg protectively.

Tommy went to the front, and picked up an egg. He listened inside, and heard the calmness of a lake, the rashness of a river, and the ruggedness of a pond. "I'll take this one." He said, and returned the egg to his seat, where he stroked gently with a towel. May went around, observing the trainers' Pokemon. She first went to Tommy's sleeping Blaze, who she stroked lightly on the head, and then to Makenna's small Bagon, who she pet lightly on the head.

Bagon, at the touch of May, immediately jumped up on her hand, and cuddled against her arm.

"Bagon!" Makenna said. "I'm so sorry, I'm not sure what got into him.

Makenna tried to pry him off the older trainers hands, but she couldn't with his harsh grip.

May smiled. "Don't worry, it's alright." She said, and stroked Bagon a bit more. Tommy smiled at this and Blaze jumped up on his desk, observing with a smirk. Then, the small cat examined the egg. "Meow..." (Coool...) he mewed, a bit in awe. The last time he'd seen eggs was when he was born in Hala's house along with his Rowlet and Popplio friend. Tommy smiled. "You act hard, but you're a little softie, aren't you." He said, stroking Blaze. He wanted to reject at first, but he allowed him to pet as he curled up.

DoggoKing22

Christian walked up to the rack am looked at the eggs. He found an egg that had a faded scent of Melemele Meadow. The egg’s color was a combination yellow on the bottom half of the egg, fading into white on the top half. “I think I’ll take this one.” Christian said taking the egg and slowly walking back to his desk.