• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokemon Alola High (Reboot)

The Komala went through through the purple cloud, and came out particularly unfazed. It's course was set, and it was basically right at the Deino. Blaze snarled. "Mrow Meow!" (That attack is an unstoppable force of death!) it hissed, and turned to Tommy, who turned his attention from the battle and began mindlessly drawing May's Glaceon. Blaze smiled, and eased up to watch him draw. He was much better when he had the real life model in front of him.

Dan was slammed on his head, the dragon type shaking his head to clear it. Being how Deino's have problems seeing things and often run into things head on. "Dei!" He called out with annoyance. As the Komala had just slammed into him, Deino saw an opening. Its mouth opened, sending a white outline of fangs in the air slamming forward to the Koala pokemon. "Good job Dan!" Dylan said as he pumped his fist. Dan was good at finding weak spots, especially after taking a hit. A downside and upside to Deino's eyesight.

Makenna yawned, as she woke up. She checked the clock next to her bunk, and when she realized the time, she jumped, and bonked her head on the ceiling.

"Ow!" she moaned, before crawling out of bed.

She got out of her pajamas, and put on a red T-shirt, with a 'Girls on the Run' logo in white. The shirt was a bit too small, but it'd do. Then, she grabbed some yoga pants and slipped them on. After that, she dashed out of her room and bounced down he steps, waking up the Meowth's and Herdier. Bagon, however, was still in deep sleep, for he had become used to Makenna's booming steps. Makenna quickly grabbed a handful of oat-like cereal, and drank a small glass of milk, before wiping her face with her arm, and grabbing a purple backpack with rainbow designs. Then, she slipped on some orange and pink tennis shoes, before running over to Bagon, and shaking him awake.

"Come on, boy, it's time for the first day! I'm late!" she said.

Bagon opened one eye, and Makenna immediately grabbed him, cradling him as she ran out the flimsy swinging door. She saw he father asleep at the wheel of the boat. When Makenna bounded inside, the boat shook, and Makenna's father awoke with a jump.

"We're late, hurry dad!" she shouted, looking behind her to see if any Pokemon were there.

"Maybe if you'd set your alarm, you wouldn't be late for the firs day of school!" her dad yelled, as they pulled out of the dock.

Soon, they were speeding down the ocean, as the Islands came into view. When Makenna became remotely close to the dock, she jumped into the ocean with Bagon, who couldn't swim due to his small limbs. Then, she swam the rest of the way to shore. Upon arriving the shore, soaking wet, she started to run towards the school she was destined for. When she arrived, dripping in salt water and sweat, she decided to check her schedule to see where she was supposed to be. Bagon, who was shaking off the water and pounding the side of his head, was quite annoyed to have to deal with this. Makenna reached into her backpack pocket, which was soaking wet, and holding her schedule. She pulled out a damp, crumpled piece of paper, ink everywhere.

"No, no, no! This can't be happening." she groaned, her eyes going wide.

Komala was struck in return, but it didn't seem to do much damage at all. Komala flew back the the other side of the feild and landed on its log. "Haha! What interesting strategy! But I think we've gone on long enough already he said. A glow began to fill the room and Mr.Oak began to do a series of strange poses, while chanting something. "Show them the might of a raging dash! Bring them down so we can win! Send down your strength and strike! Breakneck Blitz!!!!!!" He yelled, and Komala begun its Z-Move.
It threw the log at blinding speed, but was able to jump onto it at blinding speed as well. It dashed at Deino with blinding speed. Tommy looked up in awe as he had finished Glaceon. The light was so immense that it was powerful...

Dylan had been waiting for the Z-move to occur before pulling one command. "Dan, quick! Brace, and Protect!" He called out as the poses seemed to take place. Dan the Deino seemed to put his head forward, kneeling down on his front legs letting a shell shaped shield form before his body. As the Z-move hit it, the attack seemed to be nullified quite a bit. But the attack was stronger than the protect, breaking through it. Dan was hit with force only slightly weaker to the first attack. "Kinda wished I had Frost here now, but Dan, prove me wrong! Go beat it, Dragon Rage one last time, but Keep attacking!" Dylan called out as Dan started spewing out the purple smoke that soon enveloped the entire room. Even when it covered the field, Dan kept releacing the smoke.

Makenna rushed inside, heading towards the office. Bagon was waddling behind her. As she rushed into the office, she sputtered out about a million words.

"Hey, I have two questions! First, I need a new schedule, because mine is covered in wet ink, and it's crumpled and torn. Is that possible? And next, I'm wondering where my class is, and if it's too late to get into class?" she started ranting about her problems.

Komala rushed out if the purple spew, and then Mr.Oak yelled; "Now that that's settled, use Double-Edge!" He yelled, and Komala rushed at Dan with great speed, ready to mess you up. This most certainly would be the last attack.
Kukui was at the front desk. "Well, I don't have any mor schedules, but I could call one of your classmates down to help you." He said, smiling at Makenna. "And no, almost everyone is late on the first day, so you're fine." He added, and then switched on the intercom. "Would Tommy please come down to the front office. We have a student that needs to be guided to your classroom, thank you." He said.
Tommy heard his name and shrugged. "Outie." He said, and dashed out the door. Her rushed down the ramps, jumps, and ladders, and arrived at the front office. "So who am I guiding?" He asked Kukui, making a derpy salute. "I'm pretty sure this is... Makenna, right?" Kukui said, and Tommy nodded.

"Yes, Makenna." Makenna said with an awkward smile.

Her arms were in front of her, and she was folding them together, as if she was praying.

"My schedule is ruined, and I don't know where any of my classes are..." she said, nervously.

"Don't worry! I can take you. It's an easy trek, so follow me!" He said, smiling. Blaze popped out from behind him, and looked at him like; 'Who's this lady?' And Tommy shot him a glare. He sighed, and curled up inside of Tommy's bag. He began walking and gestured for Makenna to follow.

Makenna quietly followed, Bagon at her side. She looked around the school, and tried to memorize different classrooms as they walked, so she would know where to go when the time came.

"What class are we heading to, my I ask?" Makenna questioned, still looking around.

Tommy smiled. "We're going to the Homeroom Class, with Samuel Oak's cousin, Samson Oak. It's really cool. This kid called Daniel was in a battle with the teacher and he just gave a super-beating with the nirmal type Z-Move, Breakneck Blitz. I only have on Z-Crystal, the Buginium Z, which I've used a few times with Shock, my Grubbin." He said, smiling and laughing.

Last edited:
"Cool." Makenna said. "I prefer taking care of Pokemon, rather than making them battle."

Makenna then pet Bagon's head.

"I want to become a Pokemon Farmer when I'm older, to take care of Pokemon, like my mother and father." Makenna continued, still looking around.

"Hmmm..." Kendar looked upon the battle happening in front of him with great interest. He observed the battle, noting down both Samuels Oak's and Dylan's techniques. "This is turning out to be on heck of a battle." He commented to no one in particular, not taking his eyes off the battle for a second.

Tommy smiled. "That's a good profession to be in! At least you wouldn't have to worry about traveling like I do." He said, shrugging. Blaze popped his head out of Tommy's bag and saw Bagon. He looked at Makenna and back at Tommy and mewed. "Marow, meow meow. Mran mrow." (Hey, Bagon. I need your help with something dirty.) he mewed in Pokespeak to the dragon.

Bagon tilted his head.

"What is it?" he asked in Pokemon speak.

Makenna kept walking by her partner, not looking for anything in particular.

"Thanks." she said to Tommy.

Dylan watched the attack before, knowing what was about to happen. "Dan, sidestep left!" He called out to his pokemon. Dan took a quick step left so that the log riding pokemon slid right past him. "Now Bite while it's down!" Dylan called. Like before, the glowing white teath appeared around Dan's open mouth before slamming forward at the Komala.

Kaleb woke up again when he heard the battles. He had fallen asleep for the second time, due to being extremely tired. He had been up all night training his Rowlet. “What the heck is going on?” he asked when he saw the teacher and student battling each other. He looked at the clock to see what time it was before watching the battle.

Komala was thrown back, and then it looked at the Deino at it was right behind it. Samson nodded slowly, and Komala threw his log at Dan. It was a sly attack, but with the amount of damage that had been done, I'm sure the match was over.
Blaze smiled. "Meow. Meow meow." (You'll see. Just scream as loud as you can.) he mewed, making a smug grin.
Tommy grinned. She was really nice to him, like most people. The Alola region was great, just like Hoenn. The people there were just like here. His visit to Hoenn was the best. He wondered how his egg was back at home as he looked at the view from the rope bridge the were crossing.

DoggoKing22

Previously ChristianTheDoggoKing
Christian woke and sat up, looking around to see if anyone was watching. No a single person saw what happened, until he saw a little Roselia. He sprung up and ran to a random seat, face on his desk with embarrassment. “Does my school year HAVE to start like this?” Christian said while holding one of his Pokéballs (pause on that tho.). He sent out one of his Pokémon, his Totodile, and said that she can wander around the room if she’d like. So Totodile did.

A fellow student by the name of Christian caught his eye. The boy didn't seem to be completely awake as he'd appeared to have just woken up. Wayne the Froakie had an urge to greet the Totodile who was just sent out. Damon followed Wayne, making sure he didn't get between the two guys battling. "Hello, sir? I don't reckon I know you, my name's Damon. That's a sweet Totodile you have there!"

The Deino expected the attack, using its hard head to block it. The dragon pokemon looked like it would continue fighting as long as it could. Dylan could see that. "Hey, teach? Mind if we end it here? Dan, the Deino, Isn't gonna stop fighting anytime soon." Dylan said trying to explain it to the teacher. Dan turned to Dylan and gave a slight growl to say it could continue. But that was it's pride talking. The Z-move gave it a great blow from the start of the battle.

"Yes, we should stop now before Deino gets hurt. Return Komala, you've done well." He said, returning his Pokemon. "When Tommy and the new kid get here, I have a few announcements to make to the class." He said, returning to his seat and all the desks came back into their normal spots as the battlefield sunk back into the floor.

Baton looked around, before opening his mouth, and yelling his name in a gravely, yet extremely loud voice. Makenna fell to the ground in surprise, and looked at Bagon, wondering what was wrong.

“Buddy, what happened?!” Makenna asked, shocked and bewildered.

Tommy turned to Bagon. "Whoa! What happened!?" He asked. Blaze took the opportunity of his attention being turned and jumped out of the bag, pulling out Shock with him. (Yes he was in the bag.) He put the bug on his back and leaped off the rope bridge, and landed on two feet, being a cat. "Mrow. Meow meow." (Shock. It's time!) He said, and Shock nodded. It shot a string shot and tripped Tommy, causing him to stumble. Blaze gave a thumbs up for getting the trajectory right, but then Tommy stumbled in the wrong direction. He went over the side of the rope bridge, and just managed to catch one of the ropes. Blaze and Shock looked at each other like; 'Oops.'
"Somebody help!"​

DoggoKing22

Christian looked up from his head laying on his desk and seeing Damon asking a question to him. S***. Someone’s trying to talk to me. Ok. Don’t panic. Think about what to say first- he was then interrupted by his own voice. “Oh...h-hi. Thanks for that c-compliment about G-Goji. She’s been my partner since I f-first got her when I was 10. And um, I’m C-Christian. Nice t-to make an a-aquatince.” He said. D*****, Christian. You screwed it up. Christian’s face became blanch, while he fixed his beanie, hoping Damon didn’t see the rat nest going on for his hair. Totodile, on the other hand, started circling around Froakie playfully. Christian looked down at Froakie, in which he said to Damon, “Oh, you have a Froakie? That means your from the popular Kalos region, right?”

Last edited:
Damon was a little concerned at the Christian's nervous reaction but he figured than some people had different ways of communicating. He decided to be more careful with his words. "Yeah, my Froakie's called Wayne. I only got him last week before I came here. And Goji must be from the Johto region, I've never been there but it sounds cool! So, anyway, how's your time here been so far?" He said as he flicked his ponytail behind him. It was quite irritating how it kept ending up on his right shoulder but that was irrelevant and he snapped his focus back to the conversation.

DoggoKing22

Christian’s nervousness went away and he started to talk like a regular person. “I’ve only been here in Alola for about a month now, collecting Z-crystals n’ stuff, and I really like it here. But it’s a little bit disappointing that I have to go to school, but it’ll soak in when the time is right. But going back to this region, this is probably my 2nd favorite region I traveled to out of all 7 regions, with Hoenn or Johto being the first.” He said with a tiny smile on his face.

"Hehe, you've been places! I'd love to go to all those regions but there seems to be so many of them. For now, I'm here in school and it isn't the most exciting thing but this is turning out somewhat better than I expected! I'm obviously a newbie to Pokémon and such so I'm not so...knowledgable..." his attention was then grasped by commotion happening at the rope bridge. "You hear that?" He didn't wait for an answer as Damon quickly rushed forward and saw Tommy clinging on the side of the bridge's ropes. Damon almost stood still for a whole second in shock but quickly shook it off as he ran over to the boy. "Hey, grab my hand!" He ordered as he reached out with his right hand.

DoggoKing22

Christian got out of his chair and ran over to the window with Damon, with Totodile following him. When they got to the giant open window (I’m pretty sure that’s what Damon was running to), he saw Tommy, a person he didn’t know, climb up the bridge ropes. “Jesus Kricketune, are you serious!” Christian exclaimed. He took out his other Pokéball he had in his pocket, and sent out the Pokémon inside, his Aipom, Handy. “Handy, use your tail to help this kid get up here. I’ll help too, Damon.” He said over to Damon.

Damon deeply appreciated the help from Christian and then stumbled back when a girl had come over. He was surprised that everyone here was eager to help one another and as she had asked Tommy a question, Damon looked at the boy as he awaited an answer.

Tommy was panting on his hands and knees. "Y-yeah.... I guess." He said, a bead of sweat going down his head. "Ehe... Thanks you three..." He said, and made a small blush at the fact that he just had to be saved by three people. Blaze and Shock sighed in relief, and quietly made their way back to the room, hoping not to bump into Tommy until class was over. "Meow." (Well, that wasn't the plan.)

Bagon started to apologize in Pokemon speak, saying over and over about how he had done it for a distraction. Makenna couldn't understand him, but noticed his distress, and pet him gently.

"It's okay." she said calmly.

"Well, I'm fine. Now let's get back into class." He said, and guided Makenna to the room. Samson smiled. "Ah, good, you're here! Now that we're all settled, I have a few papers I have to pass out to all the students regarding the two newest feild trips. One is to Verdant Cavern, and the other is to the Tapu Festival." He said, and Tommy smiled. He always had loved the Tapu Festival.

“Ooh!” She said.

Makenna’s family has never gone to the festival, or to Verdant Cave, because it wasn’t something her family deemed necessary. Makenna then elbowed Tommy gently.

“What are these things?” She whispered.

"Verdant Cavern is a place where the normal trial is heald. I've been there before, but just to get an Island Challenge Amulet." He said, whispering to Makenna. "Also, the Tapu Festival is heald here in Melemele island, right in Iki town. It's really fun, and you party till' you're purple. Also, you can battle Hala, the Kahuna." He said.

Dylan turned to the professor. "For the Tapu Festival, could I be allowed to take on Kahuna Hala?" He asked Samson. If anyone could put a good word for him, it would be the professor. Dylan held up his Z-ring, fitted with Iceium Z. "I'm ready to face him." Dan the Deino was back in his ball, as Frost was out now. The Sandshrew sat on Dylan's shoulder with an agreeing look on his face.

Kaleb took the paper and sat back down. He read through it briskly before putting it in his backpack. ‘Still haven’t been interacting with many people,’ he thought to himself. He walked over to Dylan and his Sandshrew, Frost, and tried to start a conversation.

“Your Deino is pretty strong,” he said. “I saw it take that Z-Move and try to keep going. How long have you been training?”

His Rowlet suddenly jumped out of its ball and started rolling around on the floor. Kaleb looked over at the Rowlet and facepalmed. “What are you doing, Rowlet?” he asked as he picked up the grass type. Rowlet ignored him.

Dylan kinda shrugged off the comment. "Not too very long ago." He said, being quite modest. There has been a lot of training, and Deino wasn't as strong as Frost anyways. The Sandslash slid down Dylans left arm to the obsidian Z-ring and pointed to it before scrambling back up. Dylan shrugged to his partner before holding it up. "Frost can use this if we wanted, but Dan, the Deino, wanted to fight. There is an Iceium Z in here."

"All of us will take the Grand Trial against Hala. It is tradition in the school... I remember when o went through that trail. Ah, the good old days." Samson said, reminiscing but then quickly snapped back. "Ehem." He coughed, and passed out the two slips. Then, a large bronze bell rung. "Oh, and that's the bell. All of you should get off to Pokemon Care Class." He said, smiling.
Tommy got up, and looked at a Pokeball. It was an Ultra Ball. He sighed. His third Pokemon was a bit of an odd Pokemon. Not the species itself, but the Pokemon's personality was extremely... Agitated at all times.