• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokémon Adventure

Riley was walking through town, her faithful partner Cinnabar at her side. She was happily eating a malasada when noticed some large clouds of smoke rising from a strange, black building with an 'R' on the side. "Woah, Cinnabar! Do you see that? Let's go check it out!" Riley said excitedly. Before even giving Cinnabar a chance to make up his mind, Riley darted off in the direction of the building. "Turne." sighed Cinnabar skeptically. This wasn't a good idea, but he ran after Riley because he didn't want his trainer getting hurt. Riley went to the front of the building with Cinnabar not far behind. "Well, let's go in. Oh my gosh, Cinnabar! Isn't this so exciting?" They entered and saw lots of empty cages. "C-cages? What the heck? Cinnabar, stay close. Let's venture further." Just then, a worker from the strange building came into the room and spotted Riley. "What are you doing here, punk? We'll take your little Cacturne off your hands for you." Just then, he grabbed Cinnabar and attempted to cage him. "What are you doing?! Stop! Somebody help me!" screamed Riley desperately.

Dusk heard screams for help, and went to a cage Room and saw someone being attacked. He sent out a Rockruff. "Use bite." Said Dusk, and Rockruff bit the grunt, making him run away. He grunted, and walked away.

Sam sighed. "God, were you lucky you weren't put in these cages." He said. "Buuut you might wanna get out of here before my friend turns off every electricityin the building. All light sources will be deteriorated. So...yeah." He said. "But before you go, watch me do something awesome." He reached in his pocket and pulled out a magnet. He flipped the magnet on his hand, and held out the magnet through the bars. Attracted to the magnet were the keys to the cell. He put his hand around the bars and into the lock. He twisted the key, which opened the cell. He closed it behind him. "You never know when you might need a magnet." He said, putting the magnet back. "Now, where were you guys?" He asked.

Lucy walked out of the elevator and into a basement. She looked behind her and saw a Duskull following her. "Shoo!" She waved her hand at the Duskull, trying to make it leave. She ventured farther into the basement.

"Dusk. My name is Dusk. Now, I must go to the computer room so I can steal Team Rocket's files and give them to the police." He said.
Meanwhile, Duskull kept following Lucy. It circled her, making sure to keep its EYE on her. It made a low noise. "Dussssk..."

"Get away from me, you stalker!" Lucy ran away from Duskull, almost tripping over it. She called out her Eevee. "Eevee, keep that Duskull occupied! I think it's stalking me!"
Eevee nodded and took up a position in front of Duskull. Lucy and Emolga kept looking for the generator.

Duskull phased through Eevee and kept following Lucy. Duskull is a very persistent Pokemon, and would not give up on its trainer's orders. It floated above Lucy's head, and lit up the room with will-o-wisp.

Riley was confused. "Hey, wait up! What's all this about Team Rocket and stealing these files and whatnot? If they're trying to steal Pokémon like how they attempted to do with Cinnabar, I want to play a part in helping too!" Riley ran into the computer room after Dusk and Lucy.

"If you could, I would need you to distract the Team Rocket Grunts while I grab the files. If I take the files, then I would give them to the international police so they could plot their next move against them, In order to stop them." Said Dusk, turning around.

"I'll cover you guys." Said Sam. "If we get caught, just leave it to me." He said. He turned around with his Pyroar. "I want you to go out there. If you see a Team Rocket Grunt, use Noble Roar as loud as you can." He said. "I'll come with." Together, they scouted the base.

Riley was excited "I won't let you down!" Riley ran down the hall to a room were some grunts appeared to be chatting. "You can't do this alone because there are so many, Cinnabar," she whispered "so Gi and Stripe, it's your time to shine!" An Elekid and Mothim were released from her Pokéballs, causing a commotion that made the grunts look over. "It was quite rude of you to try and steal Cinnabar like that." Riley said in a threatening tone. "I understand you're trying to take other Pokémon too. In that case, you have to battle me." "We don't have time for your shenanigans, so shove off." Riley giggled. "Aww, are you scared? That's a bummer." That angered the grunts who accepted her challenge. They sent out an army of weaker Pokémon. "This is gonna be fun." Riley giggled.

"The base has been infiltrated! All grunts, locate the intruders and take them down!"

The announcement blared on the lower level, and the Team Rocket grunts all scrambled to get their Pokemon. A 13-year-old boy was with them, already prepared for this. There was over a hundred of them, and they were all running up the stairs. Sun was near the end of them, his hat on tight.
W-what's happening?
Someone invaded the base! Right when we were in the perfect position, too.
Are we going to help them?
I dunno! Maybe? Maybe not? If it helps with our objective, then yes. If not, I'm going to try to detain them.

Sun reached the next floor, and 11 Grunts were standing next to the door while the rest were running upstairs.
"Yo, Sun! Get over here!" one of the grunts said.
"Gotcha." Sun replied, dashing over to join them.
"Breach on three! One, two, three!" one of the grunts said before the twelve of them dashed in.

While the grunts were distracted, Dusk started hacking the main computer after destroying the gaurds. He pulled out a flash drive and started copying the data. He out the flash drive in and put all the copies in, and deleting the original files. He snicked. "Well well, if they're stupid enough not to put a password on this, then they're really stupid." Said Dusk. Then, a team Rocket Executive came onto the room. "That's because nobody was supposed to get on here." He said. "I'm gonna need a little help!!" Yelled Dusk to Riely and Sam

"Crap, they found us!" Said Sam. "What do we do now?" He asked. "Hang on." He followed Dusk, and told Pyroar to use Noble Roar. "If he can roar loud enough, we'll distract them with the loud noise." He said. "Do what you can." He said.

The Executive was freaked out by the roar, but sent out a Crobat. "I'm not being beat by the king of the jungle!" He yelled. Dusk finished getting all the files and took out the flash drive. "I got it!!" Yelled Dusk. "Not for long." Said the Executive. "You'll be staying right here until I finish pummeling this child." He growled.

"I won't let that happen! Stripe, come here and use Thunderbolt!" yelled Riley. "Elekid!" Stripe said in reply to his trainer and took the offer. The Crobat was crippled by the electricity. "That should hold him off!"

"We'll cover you! Send the drive to the police!" Said Sam. "Pyroar, Flamethrower!" Yelled Sam. If Dusk could deliver the drive, and Lucy could shut down all of the electronics, Team Rocket will go back to where they came from.

"Ugh! You're ruining everything!" Lucy shouted to Duskull, a little too loudly. A Team Rocket grunt ran over.
"'Ey! What are you doing in 'ere?" The grunt asked.
Lucy didn't awnser. She turned to Eevee. "Use Tackle, then Swift!"
Eevee Tackled and ysed Swift on the grunt, making him fall over. Lucy and Eevee continued to run through the basement until they found the switch Sam told them about. Lucy grabbed it and switched it.

The switch didn't move, however, as a Kirlia was holding it in place with Psychic. A dozen Team Rocket Grunts had just entered the room - Sun among them.
"This is Unit 7! We've found one of the intruders!" the grunt wearing the scarf said. "Moving to engage now!"

Duskull hits bunch of buttons and peices of the generator started to blow up. Duskull looked at Lucy like: "You might want to run." The generator started having peices spewing everywhere. Duskull started floated up the stairs.

"...oh crud." the Rocket commander said, taking a step back. "Unit 7! Some crazy Duskull just overloaded the main generator! We're getting out of here!"
"Estelle, get us out of here!" Sun said, and the Kirlia turned towards him. Using Psychic, she tore open some of the floors and brought the Team Rocket grunts up through it, grabbing whatever ones she could find along the way. As soon as they reached the surface and the grunts were safe, Sun turned to Estelle. They nodded, and the two teleported away.
"Hey, kid!" the Rocket commander said, but the two were already gone.

Sun and Estelle arrived back in the main R&D station of Team Rocket, and saw the files he was looking for. They must have been left behind during the evacuation. Finally, something that goes my way! Sun grabbed the files and a few others, and ran back over to Kirlia, who teleported them out of there.

Duskull went back to Dusk, and he took his flash drive. He jumped out the window and ended up at the R&D station. He went inside. "Hey! Where are the files that the police wanted me to get?" He asked. He used a scanner and found signs of teleportation interference. "What?" He asked.

Lucy, Emolga and Eevee ran out of the building. They collapsed on the ground outside, breathing heavily. "Well, that was a sucess." Lucy said.

"I hate people who think that they're supreme like that. It's annoying. Oh! Right, I don't think we've all been properly introduced. The name's Riley, and this is my partner, Cinnabar. Your names are Sam and Lucy?" Riley said.

"Ah, I know how you feel, Cinnabar is a bit stubborn like that at times, but he is a big sweetheart, right boy?" Riley said. Cinnabar blushed a bit. "Cacturne." he said in a somewhat embarrassed tone. Riley laughed.

Sam looked back into the darkness. The Rocket base lost power. He walked into it a bit. Then he felt a hard slap that knocked him into unconsciousness. The Grunts dragged him into the base.

When Sam woke up, he wasn't Sam anymore. He had electronic goggles on, which hypnotized him. He was now Rocket Admin Sam.

Dusk escaped from the bases and was transferring the data to the police station computer from his computer. "I just hope no rocket grunts find me." He said. Well, looks like he just jinxed himself. Crap DARNIT.

Kibbles was watching the kids all the while. He had formed an annoyed look on his face. "Those kids don't know what they are doing." Kibbles proceded to call his boss. "Hey boss, we got a problem..."