• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Pokemon: Advanced Battle

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Quoted from PPN:

According to sources at KidsWB the next Pokemon season will be called: Pokémon Advanced Battle and will begin on Saturday, Sept 17, 2005 with 2 all new episodes.

I'm personally looking forward to seeing the new intro more than anything. What the song's like, which scenes they use... If they follow in Japan's footsteps it could potentially be a Symphonic Medly for the dub songs. Now that would be awesome.

Yeah, I've got a thing for intros - dubbed or Japanese. No matter how horrid some of the dub songs have been I've enjoyed them all :p

Anyways, hopefully YTV will start airing these new episodes as soon as they finish off the remaining Advanced Challenge ones :D Beyond that... Not much to discuss yet. Comments?

Last edited by a moderator:

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
I actually fear this intro...

Symphonic Medley is, as we all know, one of the greatest things EVER.

How exactly is the dub to match up to that?

I'd like a Symphonic Medley of Dub intros - but I don't see it too likely.

Also - the name of the series is lame. They've obviously been forced to keep the Advanced bit, which surprises me as it wasn't a factor in Johto.

What also makes me a bit O.O is the fact that we're now approaching the eps I started watching the Japanese Raws from. The next ep being Pikachu Joins Team Rocket?! - one of the first AG Raws I saw. (other than the very first ep - courtesy of Stel).

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
The dub intros have never been as good as the Japanese ones, so I wouldn't really fear anything. No matter what happens it's pretty much a given that it'll be of much lesser quality :p

The dub sort've went the way of the season 5 intro in Japan with "Born to Be a Winner", yet not completely... It could go either way. Considering how lazy they've been with giving the intros the time they deserve we probably won't see another medley but I'll keep hoping for one anyways.

Btw - how could they be "forced" to keep Advanced? Don't they have total control over what they call the series? o.O Even if they don't, I think it fits just fine.

Expect something like Pokémon: Advanced Frontier for the next season then, eh?

By the way, has anyone found any full-length versions of Symphonic Medley or Battle Frontier yet?

Last edited by a moderator:

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Pokemon Advanced = Marketing Name.

Change that, you lose that market, you can try to recreate it but they're probably too scared to do that. Afterall, American Kiddies ARE idiots remember? *Cough*4Ever*Cough*.

Pokemon Advanced originally was ok, but Advanced Challenge was lame, with Advanced Battle being lamer.

Advanced Frontier? I'd put money on it. ^^

Also, when it comes to Symphonic Medley, there's more to it than just the music. For one thing, the entire intro is designed to celebrate 10 years of Pokemon, hence the grandeose impact it had that caused people to go "OMGZ, THE ANIME'S ENDING!"

The next dub intro SHOULD be something spectacular in the same vein, but I don't see it happening sadly.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
QuagsireQing said:
By the way, has anyone found any full-length versions of Symphonic Medley or Battle Frontier yet?

I have the full-length version of Battle Frontier but not the other yet. If you use MSN I'll send it to ya. If not, give me a time and I'll meet you on AIM ^^

I'm still on dial-up, though, so the transfer'll take awhile :p

And yeah, you're dead on there Alex. The Japanese intro was made with a purpose in mind, while all the dub can do is chop up scenes and stick them back together. No matter what they try it'd be impossible for them to recreate the impact Symphonic Medley had, which is why it's probably better IMO just to view Advaced Battle's as another standard intro.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Bumping to say that http://www.filb.de/ has come through again with a download of the new Advanced Battle intro. Check it out for yourself! Oddly enough it contains scenes from two Japanese intros - Symphonic Medley and Battle Frontier.

So... Thoughts. The arry of scenes are neat, but the song itself falls short. I know I say this every time a new one comes out but this one seems to be the least singable out of any of them to date. Even Advanced Challenge was easier to follow! Maybe I just need to listen to it another few times, though...

But yeah, either way, this is definitely no Symphonic Medley breakthrough whatsoever. Showing so many differeny scenes is quite interesting, though. Lucario is even included! :D

EDIT: Yeah... I'M AN IDIOT! :p

For some reason the scene from Symphonic Medley that played "Challenger" in the BG messed me up into thinking those scenes were actually FROM Challenger's intro. Stupid me just rewatched it to find out otherwise. So it's not three intros... Just the two. Bah!

Also got a semi-new opinion on the song itself. It's fair, but the chorus bugs me. The whole "Ooh oooooh oh oooh!" is annoying, and as we know from just watching the damn show ... Ash ain't unbeatable ;)

Now for my rough attempt at deciphering the lyrics... I'm unsure of one or two words so if you see a mistake, point it out.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Oooh oh oh oooh oh ooh!
I'm unbeatable

Walking down this endless highway
With nothing but my friends beside me
We'll never give in, we'll never rest
Advanced Battle is the ultimate test

From earth, the land, the sea and sky
They can never win but they sure can try

Oooh oh oh oooh oh ooh!
I'm unbeatable
Pokemon... Advanced Battle!