• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokemon Academy

"My response to that? Don't have one, you see. I know that'll wear off eventually!" Winston called out, battle energy coursing throughout his veins.

Drizzile waited in a moat of mud for the approach of the electrode. It sat like a sentry, watching intently for any signs of action or attacking. The water lizard's eyes were like a braviary's, not missing anything at all as it prepared itself for combat once more.

=Nightshade=

Previously Night's Shadow
“Spark, its moves are not very effective against your type, but yours aren’t either,” Aine relayed in a low voice to the Joltik. “Stick to Grass type moves. Once the Light Screen goes down, use Giga Drain; it’ll drain its HP even more and leave it open for Winston to attack. For now, roll in the dust for camouflage. Your speed is your best bet.”

All this was said to Spark in a low undertone, with Aine crouching down to the Joltik’s level so Super Nerd couldn’t hear. Spark did as she bid and rolled in the dust to camouflage his yellow fur, then skittered away until even Aine couldn’t see him.

She looked behind her; once she had assured herself that the Egg was safe, she turned back to the battle at hand.

(OOC: going to school now, won’t post for like six hours)

SuperNerd

Previously SuperNerd07
Super Nerd smirked, believing he was understanding the strategy. "I see now, you're trying to get me to come close you you can use that mud as a type advantage against my Electrode! With the mud being around you, none of my Electrode's moves will be able to damage you, the electric moves that is! Electrode, use Gyro Ball!" Once again, the Electrode did as he said and released a metal ball on Drizzile which didn't deal much damage.

"Just as my Electrode can't use Light Screen forever, your Drizzile can't sit in that puddle forever. I will hurt you until my PP runs out, and when that happens, I will just use an elixir!"

"Oh, is that so? Drizzile, mud shot!" Winston commanded.

Locating the weakest spot in the electrode's light screen, the drizzile kicked up a large ball of mud and beat it away straight at the electrode with its tail. After doing so, the water lizard hid itself in the puddle of mud.

SuperNerd

Previously SuperNerd07
The Electrode barely dodged the attack, Super Nerd gritting his teeth before showing a slight smile.

"I suppose I have a secret weapon, now don't I? Hm, Electrode return!," he shouted, allowing Electrode to return into the ball. Instead of switching Pokémon however, he held the ball behind is back before sending it out once again, Electrode returning to the battle.

"Electrode, use Thunder!" The Electrode flew up in the air, releasing a powerful blast which did a lot more damage than unusual, hitting the ground. In fact, it almost felt like it was cheating.

"PZR-12 sure does wonders..." he said under his breath, having been allowed to borrow the PZR-12 he was now using by David, his partner in crime.

(OOC: I have school too, that’s why I’m super inactive during the day. I’ll do my best to update as much as possible.)

Koda glared over at the dark kid’s comment. She was not Izuku’s girlfriend. Nonetheless, she did not let it dismay her. She had just won a battle against one of the strongest kids in school! She gave Mimikyu a potion and put him back in his poke ball, turning to look at Izuku’s friend with the drizzile. He had been watching the battle, she realized, and jotting down some notes. However, it appeared another kid had snatched up the said journal. Koda watched intriguingly as the two began a battle.

This bully’s technique is weird... she thought.

She pushed her black hair out of her face. This needs to go soon. She reminded herself, stepping closer to the battle to watch.

"Ok, it mis- wait... did I just see...? Drizzile, snatch that thing from super nerd!" Winston commanded

Immediately, the drizzile managed to tunnel underneath the super nerd and pinch the thing behind his back. It then returned to the hole in the ground to remain safe and made its way back to Winston. Bursting back up from under the ground, Winston took the item from drizzile's hands. It was a small cylindrical device with flashing red bulbs. On the side of it, in dark blue writing was the text 'PRZ-12'.

"Oh..." Winston muttered

“What’s that?” Koda’s eyes widened as she rushed up beside Drizzile’s trainer, observing the strange device curiously.

“PRZ-12...? They make you super powerful, right? Now wait a second! This guy is cheating! I knew your strategy was off!” Koda whipped around, glaring at the nerdy-looking guy.

“You’re no trainer if you rely on power boosting to win a battle.”

Tackywacky

Previously Nutraln00b
(OOC: I was offline for a while, sorry)

"Hey, Winston, mind handing over that PRZ-12?" asked Izuku. Getting his Riolu ready to break it.

Izuku knew that David and Super Nerd were somewhat friends, and David was acting a bit strange this morning, but who knew Super Nerd had a role in this, Izuku thought he was nothing more than a creep.

"O...oh, here you go..." Winston said, passing the PRZ-12 to Izuku.

Winston was aware that such a cruel device as a PRZ-12 couldn't be left lying around, so he happily passed the infernal machine to Izuku so it could be destroyed.

Tackywacky

Previously Nutraln00b
"Riolu, use karate chop" commanded Izuku

Riolu's fist glowed white, and then sliced the PRZ-12 in half with ease, Izuku turned towards Super Nerd.

"Not so tough now, aren't ya. Winston, Aine...Finish him"

SuperNerd

Previously SuperNerd07
"Wa-That's cheating! I mean I was cheating -no- strategizing as well but that's different! Thats not allowed! You can't destroy the thing I worked so hard to get!"

Upon realizing that he would surely get defeated, he raised his arms while shaking.

"Look, I surrender okay? What more do you want? I can give you elixirs, potions, anything! I'm on your side now, how about that, hm? I'm friends with you second-cla- I mean you... um, high-rankers! I'll help you beat David! Please just don't... don't hurt me?"

His Magnemite flew in front of him, trying to look as cute as possible to convince them.

Noticing super nerd's pitiful pleads for help, Winston shook his head and sighed and his Drizzile started blowing bubbles, a sign of sheer boredom.

"We're not going to hurt you.... just get lost, ok?" Winston sighed, hand on his temples.

Winston shook his head as he walked away from the pleading Super Nerd and made his way indoors to his dorm. Frankly, he'd had enough and just wanted some rest. As he walked over to the door to the dorm building, Winston took one look behind him and stepped inside. Walking down the hallway, Winston couldn't care less about any mockery. After all, he had just dealt with that douchebag.

=Nightshade=

Aine’s gaze was steely and cold as ice. She was filled with a freezing righteous indignation, and she could see the ruthless way forward clearly.

But she was nothing if not moral. “Spark,” she said. That was it. A String Shot hit her in the shoulder from Super Nerd’s shoulder, where he had been camouflaged, and Aine could just make out the dusty silhouette of her furry friend. Spark swung onto her shoulder, and she smiled at him. Her gaze went hard again as she turned to Super Nerd and walked up to him until they were nearly nose-to-nose.

“Winston might be forgiving,” she said slowly, “but I’m not. It takes time for me to forgive, and I never forget. But you know what? I’m not ruthless, either, so I’m not going to have Spark electrocute you. I’m just going to walk away and pretend this never happened. And if you’re as smart as you claim to be, you’ll do the same.”

With that, Aine turned on her heel, a dusty Spark on her shoulder, and walked back towards the table. She held the Egg loosely, but protectively as she sat and dusted Spark off with a careful finger.

SuperNerd

Previously SuperNerd07
Shocked after the experience, Super Nerd's expression of fear turning into one of glee. "Yes, yes of course! I will get lost or whatever you say! No biggie, no biggie at all!"

He began walking away, picking up his Rotom Phone from his pocket once he was far away enough so that he was sure nobody could hear him. He put in a phone number and began the call all while whispering.

"Hello, yes, your partner in crime here! How did I get your number? Well I did some snooping around and- What? No I wasn't spying on you, how would that allow me to get your phone number anyways? Know what, enough about the number thingy, look they destroyed the PRZ-12... Yes, you heard me right. No, I didn't give it to them they stole it from me! Wha- It wasn't my fault, it was that darn kid's reptile who screwed it up! What do you mean we're not partners anymore, you can't do that! Fine, get lost, SECOND-CLASSER! What, why shouldn't I call you a second-classer? Oh, ooh, I'm so scared, you're gonna beat me up, ooh. Get lost!"

He finished the call before stopping in his tracks, his face turning into a blank expression. "I just called David a second-classer. He's going to kill me. Unless... Unless I have people to protect me!"

Super Nerd turned around and started running towards the group while shouting. "Hey, high-rankers! You know what!? I'll just follow you guys around! How about it, huh? Let's be friends!" He stopped in front of the group, taking a few seconds to breathe.

Koda found herself smiling a little bit. She liked this group. Yet she still hadn’t figured out all of their names... She walked over to the table where the girl was, noticing a Pokémon egg. Probably the breeding class, she guessed. Koda waved to the blonde girl, observing her a bit as she said softly,

“Hi. I’m Koda. You’re one of Izuku’s pals, right?”

That sounds stupid! Take it back take it back- too late now. She scolded herself in her mind, before looking up to see this new kid- the nerd from earlier.

=Nightshade=

“Yeah,” Aine said, her face softening. “I’m Aine. Nice to meet you, Koda— What the heck?” Super Nerd was back. “I thought both Winston and I told you to get lost.”

Her grip tightened on the Egg; she was already feeling that “maternal instinct” the Breeding Sciences teacher had told the class about. She didn’t want an unpredictable individual such as Super Nerd to hurt it, whether accidentally or on purpose.

Aine sighed. “First of all, I appreciate the upgrade in rank. Second of all, why this change of heart? And third of all, what makes you think you can use PRZ-12 against us and then be friends? Answer those questions and I might consider telling you my name. If you haven’t figured it out from all your spying already, that is.” Her tone was acid, her eyes blue flames, but the wheels in her head were turning. Another ally?

SuperNerd

Previously SuperNerd07
"First of all, you're welcome, second of all, for the change of heart, my heart has always been great, and I just realized that I should treat people how I want to be treated! Third of all, I used the PRZ-12 to make people like me, I thought it would make me cool, cooler than I already am that is, and my final response, I don't spy! I observe, okay? This has all been the honest truth, honest!"

He tried to smile as naturally as possible while holding both his thumbs up.

Watching from his dorm window, Winston saw how the others were talking to super nerd. What are they-? Winston was interrupted by a sharp knock on the door which caused him to jump.

"W-who's there?" Winston asked, rather nervous.

The response he got was not words, but two more sharp knocks and a muffled grumble which sounded closer to a pokemon than a person. Quite worried, Winston got up and answered the door, only to see nobody there, but a letter on the doorstep. Winston picked it up and took it back to his desk. Whilst contemplating whether to open it, Winston noticed that the others were back in conversation. Opening the window, Winston began to listen.

Last edited:

=Nightshade=

Aine cracked a smile against her will, cursing her face that wouldn’t stay in a disapproving frown. “Except for the fact that you’re also extremely conceited,” she added. She didn’t buy everything he had told her, but some of it seemed plausible. One hand absentmindedly traced circles over the Egg’s smooth surface.

“I like your spirit, kid,” she continued. “I’m Aine. I still don’t know if I can trust you after... well... but maybe someday. It depends on what the others say. I’m not making this decision alone.”

Last edited:
Koda listened to this nerd, very amused. And she liked the girl, Aine’s, attitude. Koda surveyed the nerdy boy, taking in small details about him. He liked to observe, too. He definitely had the geeky feel to him. She raised an eyebrow.

“What’s your name?” Koda asked. She figured it would be something smart-sounding, like Tyler or Matthew.

SuperNerd

Previously SuperNerd07
"Ah hah hah! My name you ask?," he loudly exclaimed raising one of his fingers up to look as smart as possible.

"What purpose does my name serve? I prefer to be called by the name that this hateful world has decided to refer to me as, Super Nerd! I strive to turn that pitiful nickname into something truly incredible, for I may be what culture calls a nerd, but I am also super! So please, just call me Super Nerd."

Koda tried to stifle a laugh, but failed. Her hand fluttered up to her mouth, covering her chuckles, as she composed herself.

“Super Nerd? Well, if you insist.” Koda returned to her cool-nonchalant-act. She inhaled deeply. It was a nice day outside. Koda reaches into her bag, grabbing Mimikyu’s poke ball and letting him out again. Then she settled down on the table and brought out her sketchbook.

She began to draw Aine’s joltik, staring at the small Pokémon in wonder. It was tiny, yet it managed to be very powerful- and not to mention beautiful.

Tackywacky

Previously Nutraln00b
After healing his riolu, Izuku made his way to the lunch table with his friends. And saw Super Nerd there. He sent his Raboot out.

"What is HE doing here?" Asked Izuku while taking a battle stance.

Last edited:

=Nightshade=

Craaaaap... Izuku was still hostile. Aine understood that, and felt it too, to a certain extent. Gently, Aine set the Egg on the table, preparing to avert a crisis. Noticing Koda’s budding drawing of Spark, she paused to acknowledge it. “That’s really good,” she whispered, before heading over to where the boys were boring holes in each other with their stares.

“He wants to be ‘friends’,” Aine said to Izuku, making nearly imperceptible air quotes around “friends.” She was still skeptical, but she was warming up to Super Nerd — darn her trusting nature!

Koda’s eyes widened when Aine complimented her sketch- she seemed to always be doing that. Showing too much emotion, too much surprise. She mumbled a quiet thanks and looked up at Izuku, who was now poised for battle against Super Nerd.

“Apparently he very suddenly decided he would treat everyone else how he wanted to be treated.” Koda said, a small smirk forming. “And he only used a PRZ ‘cause he wanted to look cool.”

Last edited:

Tackywacky

Previously Nutraln00b
Izuku looked at Koda and towards Super Nerd and let out a sigh.

"I'll let him join our group for now, but don't think that's an excuse to try something funny," Izuku said while holding his finger to Super Nerds chest.

Izuku sat down at the lunch table, lying his head in his arms and thinking about his father.

Last edited:

=Nightshade=

Aine sat down next to Izuku, drawing the Egg closer. She wondered what Pokémon would hatch from it, but right now she had some friend business to take care of.

“Hey,” she said softly. “You okay?” Spark gave her a small dose of electricity. A picture of a phone came to mind, induced by the zap, and she remembered. “Is it the call from yesterday?” She lowered her voice, not wanting to pry, but also not wanting what was hurting her friend to consume him.

Tackywacky

Previously Nutraln00b
"...yeah...it is..." said Izuku.

"It was about my dad, he died in a set-up suicide. I don't want you getting caught up in my personal busisness" Said Izuku. While his raboot slid closer and gave Izuku a hug.

=Nightshade=

“Mm.” Aine didn’t say anything more. No “I’m sorry”s because it wouldn’t seem sincere, and would probably make Izuku feel worse. No “I feel so bad for you”s because the truth was, no one could feel the same way Izuku did in that moment. And most importantly, no “It’s okay”s.

Aine knew it would never be okay.

Instead, she simply said, “I’m here.” In that moment heavy with barely restrained grief, Aine knew that the best she could do was just be there. Just be there. Like Spark had always been there. Like her mother.

Like Schrift’s brother and Izuku’s father would never have the chance to be again.

Tackywacky

Previously Nutraln00b
Izuku smiled at looked up at Aine.
"Thanks..." Said Izuku, not knowing what he'd do without his friends. Spark ran up and hid in Izuku's hair, and all Izuku did was rub it's head. Izuku eventually stood up.

"Okay, might as well know your name" Izuku stated before turning towards Super Nerd

Schrift

Previously Schrift007
" I'm sorry for your loss man " Schrift said, he knew too much about losing loved ones. Schrift sat down next to Izuku, he looked at super nerd, before saying. "I still don't trust you, so stay away from me and my pokemon, or else." He was now standing up and holding super nerd by the scruff of his shirt. People were starting to give him weird stares, again. He sat back down next to Izuku. "Got a it carried away didn't I?" He said now laughing. Truth was deep down he was scared, if David was willing to get others to fight us who knows who's gonna attack us next.
(OOC- sorry I was gone for awile)

Koda’s eyes were fixed on Izuku. He lost his father, too? Koda felt a pang of empathy. She knew what that felt like. She looked over to see the kid with the Umbreon starting to get heated with Super Nerd. Koda couldn’t blame him. He was cheating, and she guessed he must’ve done something else to make them all mad.

Koda waited until the boy had sat down to speak.
”He goes by Super Nerd, and I’m Koda. What about you?”

Tackywacky

Previously Nutraln00b
Izuku eventually shook off the bad feeling for his fathers' death, And took out his notebook and started to draw.

When Izuku felt as if he was in a bad mood, drawing is what would help him. He was busy drawing his Raboot when an Idea hit him.

"Okay...Super Nerd kid or whatever you refer yourself as. Take this" Izuku said while shoving his notebook to Super Nerds chest. "Since you have experience of spying on people, you're going to be useful. See Schrift over there? He's going to be leaving the school if he doesn't win a fight with David. So what I want you to do is go and spy on David and collect his battle information"

SuperNerd

Previously SuperNerd07
Super Nerd accepted the notebook, flipping to a blank page.

"Hm, well of course, I am an expert on strategies! I will find out his hitmonlee's nature, EVs, IVs, moveset, everything! Though um, well..." Super Nerd looked around to see if David was anywhere near.

"Maybe someone could come with me? Not that I'm SCARED of David or anything but... You know what? Forget it, I'll just go alone, and also I don't spy, I observe!" After speaking Super Nerd waved the group goodbye and ran away, his Magnemite following at a distance since it couldn't catch up to him.

Noticing how Super Nerd had run off like that, Winston shook his head in disbelief, sighed and walked back outside into the area the others were. On his way down, Winston saw David lurking by the back wall. When he passed, David gave him a glare like an arbok and walked away. How odd... Winston though to himself, leaving the building. Leaving the building, Winston made his way over to the group.

"H-hey guys..."

Tackywacky

Previously Nutraln00b
"Hey, Winston" Greeted Izuku while signalling him to sit down next to him.

Izuku was wondering if Super Nerd was really doing his job, Izuku didn't fully trust him yet. And just to make sure he isn't making a deal with David. He sent out his Hattena to keep an eye on Super Nerd.

"Hattena, use teleport and try to help Super Nerd out" commanded Izuku.

Koda noted that the boy with the Umbreon was named Schrift. What a strange name... She waved to the new kid who came up, the shy one with the Drizzile.

“Hi.” she said. “I’m Koda.”

Tackywacky

Previously Nutraln00b
Riolu was looking was the window at the pouring rain, and then sat next to Sizzlipede becoming warmer.

Izuku looked and wondered what Super Nerd is doing at the moment. While Hattena was teleporting around when it ran Into David. Taking a High-Jump kick

"What? some weak pokemon...Hey...isn't that the green hair kid pokemon?" Said David with a twisted Smile.

"Let's destroy it. Use another High-Jump Kick" Ordered David. As Hattena let out a cry for help.