• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Pokemon: A Summer's Break DISCUSSION THREAD

Quick! Who will your go-to starter be for Pokemon: Sun and Moon?

• -~- Rowlet -~-

• -~- Popplio -~-

• -~- Litten -~-

• -~- Can't decide! -~-

Results are only viewable after voting.
This looks like some fun! :)

Species: Zorua
Name: Key
Trainer: Quip Reydar
Ability: Illusion
Notable Features: Nothing too special except for a little necklace with his and his trainer's name written on it.
Personality: Lives to pull pranks and cause trouble for his trainer, but is shy to everyone else. If you prove to him that he can trust you, he'll gladly be your friend, just watch out for anything that sounds or looks like a prank. When he isn't pulling something mischievous, he's very calm and playful.
Past: Found shivering behind a garbage can in an alleyway before Quip found him. He bit Quip when he tried to pick him up, and Quip let him. Eventually, he realized that Quip wouldn't hurt him and joined his team.
Friends: Friends with the entirety of Quip's team, including a Starly, Treecko, and a Milotic.
Romantic Interest(s): Not right now, but is open to the subject.

This looks like some fun! :)

Species: Zorua
Name: Key
Trainer: Quip Reydar
Ability: Illusion
Notable Features: Nothing too special except for a little necklace with his and his trainer's name written on it.
Personality: Lives to pull pranks and cause trouble for his trainer, but is shy to everyone else. If you prove to him that he can trust you, he'll gladly be your friend, just watch out for anything that sounds or looks like a prank. When he isn't pulling something mischievous, he's very calm and playful.
Past: Found shivering behind a garbage can in an alleyway before Quip found him. He bit Quip when he tried to pick him up, and Quip let him. Eventually, he realized that Quip wouldn't hurt him and joined his team.
Friends: Friends with the entirety of Quip's team, including a Starly, Treecko, and a Milotic.
Romantic Interest(s): Not right now, but is open to the subject.

Mkay. Go for it! Just make sure you read the rules :p

Neato. looking forward to joining if its not too late

Species: Pancham
Name: Lydia
Trainer: So I can't be with the pirate lady's trainer without asking the rp'er, but since the Atlas rp'er who made her up isn't around, can I say my trainer is a rival of hers? Let's call him Arduo Wilcox, a cynical, self-indulgent bastard with an equally cynical crew
Ability: Iron Fist
Notable Features: she wears two identical copper bands on either wrist, with a dull spike sticking out of each
Personality: Lydia tries to be just like her trainer, for the sake of impressing him. This means that she comes off as overly hedonistic, judgmental, pessimistic, and most of all, rude. At heart, she's a softie, even if she doesn't know it yet, and secretly yearns to be loved and cared about.
Past: For as long as she can remember, it's been a cold and rough life. Her team and her trainer aren't exactly close, and the latter has become obsessed with defeating the legendary Marcel O'Bithel after getting thwarted time and time again by her sappy "Pokemon are friends" shtick.
Friends: None, really. Her tendency of picking and winning fights makes it hard to bond with anyone.
Romantic Interest(s): Same as with friends, though she does blush REALLY easily around pretty Pokemon, which she absolutely despises.

Neato. looking forward to joining if its not too late

Species: Pancham
Name: Lydia
Trainer: So I can't be with the pirate lady's trainer without asking the rp'er, but since the Atlas rp'er who made her up isn't around, can I say my trainer is a rival of hers? Let's call him Arduo Wilcox, a cynical, self-indulgent bastard with an equally cynical crew
Ability: Iron Fist
Notable Features: she wears two identical copper bands on either wrist, with a dull spike sticking out of each
Personality: Lydia tries to be just like her trainer, for the sake of impressing him. This means that she comes off as overly hedonistic, judgmental, pessimistic, and most of all, rude. At heart, she's a softie, even if she doesn't know it yet, and secretly yearns to be loved and cared about.
Past: For as long as she can remember, it's been a cold and rough life. Her team and her trainer aren't exactly close, and the latter has become obsessed with defeating the legendary Marcel O'Bithel after getting thwarted time and time again by her sappy "Pokemon are friends" shtick.
Friends: None, really. Her tendency of picking and winning fights makes it hard to bond with anyone.
Romantic Interest(s): Same as with friends, though she does blush REALLY easily around pretty Pokemon, which she absolutely despises.

Heh, looks to be interesting. Sure, you're in and can post at any time :p

Species: Vulpix
Name: Pearl
Trainer: Herdia Yellow (may ask in private conversation to also have the trainer)
Ability: Flash Fire
Notable Features: She wears a pink collar around her neck, and a big orange bow on her ear.
Friends: None.
Romantic Interest(s): She is attracting, maybe she could get one.
Personality: smart, bright, funny, generous, loving, and shy
Past: (Do I have to fill this out? I am a bit lazy at the time, might edit this later.)

I hope I am not too late :l

Last edited:
Species: Vulpix
Name: Pearl
Trainer: Herdia Yellow (may ask in private conversation to also have the trainer)
Ability: Flash Fire
Notable Features: She wears a pink collar around her neck, and a big orange bow on her ear.
Friends: None.
Romantic Interest(s): She is attracting, maybe she could get one.
Personality: smart, bright, funny, generous, loving
Past: (Do I have to fill this out? I am a bit lazy at the time, might edit this later.)

I hope I am not too late :l
Not too late, you're in. Just remember to read the rules, and to keep posts to at least a paragraph so the admins don't getcha ;)

Can I join? This took a while. Sorry if I'm a little late (•_•")...

Species: Eevee

Name: Chihiro (called Hiro by close friends)

Trainer: Aria Woodlocke of Johto

Ability: Run Away

Notable features: Wears choice scarf around neck.

Personality: Intelligent, yet cowardly, and afraid of mostly anything. She doesn't like being around very strong Pokemon of higher levels or class. She usually runs away from battles, and disobeys her trainer. She hates fainting and dreams to become a Pokemon Contest master instead of a battler.

Past(here we go): Born in Kanto, Chihiro was very adventurous, despite her personality now. She was raised in a litter of eight Eevees. When the breeder was giving away the newly born Eevees, Chihiro wasn't having any of it. She took an adventure to Johto to escape being trained. Her family didn't notice her escaping one night.

While in Johto, a young, spoiled girl named Aria captured her. Aria forced Chihiro to do everything at her command. Chihiro hated it. Aria nicknamed her Princess, but Chihiro only responds to being called her birth name. Ever since captured, she was scared of the outside world, and over the years, she stopped being her old self. (WOW that took a while to come up with. I hope it plays in with her character in the rp well.)

Friends: Skar (Teammate Skarmory), Chika (Teammate Chikorita)

Romantic Interest(s): None. (Yet)

Thanks for reading this far ^.^" I hope to join the roleplay soon.

Can I join? This took a while. Sorry if I'm a little late (•_•")...

Species: Eevee

Name: Chihiro (called Hiro by close friends)

Trainer: Aria Woodlocke of Johto

Ability: Run Away

Notable features: Wears choice scarf around neck.

Personality: Intelligent, yet cowardly, and afraid of mostly anything. She doesn't like being around very strong Pokemon of higher levels or class. She usually runs away from battles, and disobeys her trainer. She hates fainting and dreams to become a Pokemon Contest master instead of a battler.

Past(here we go): Born in Kanto, Chihiro was very adventurous, despite her personality now. She was raised in a litter of eight Eevees. When the breeder was giving away the newly born Eevees, Chihiro wasn't having any of it. She took an adventure to Johto to escape being trained. Her family didn't notice her escaping one night.

While in Johto, a young, spoiled girl named Aria captured her. Aria forced Chihiro to do everything at her command. Chihiro hated it. Aria nicknamed her Princess, but Chihiro only responds to being called her birth name. Ever since captured, she was scared of the outside world, and over the years, she stopped being her old self. (WOW that took a while to come up with. I hope it plays in with her character in the rp well.)

Friends: Skar (Teammate Skarmory), Chika (Teammate Chikorita)

Romantic Interest(s): None. (Yet)

Thanks for reading this far ^.^" I hope to join the roleplay soon.
Yay! More Eevees! You are in and can start posting any time, just remember the rules and such.

Yuss! *chants* One of us, one of us...

While you're at it, might I say that My Neighbor Totoro and The Secret World of Arrietty are also made by Studio Ghibli, the company behind Spirited Away, and are just as amazingly good? I suggest watching all three! >w<

One of us, one of us one of us...I should stop now. I recommend pretty much all Studio Ghibli anime...movies? I dunno what to call them. Anime movies...animovie. Yes. I love their anime style, and I've seen many animes. Highly recommend.:up:

So hope I'm still allowed to join and I'm cool if I can't but here's the forum if I can

Species: Tropius
Name: Coconut (Coco for short)
Trainer: Finion Charles
Ability: Harvest
Notable Features: An age but still physically well Pokémon, also could it maybe be shiny, raspy yet soft and booming voice.
Personality: Coconut is a wise old Pokémon but in his age he has become slightly dim and will often drift from saying something quite smart and notable to a few stupid things which are usually funny. Its hard to tell whether he's joking or not but despite this he's a very friendly Pokémon and is often in the best of moods, always up for a good laugh, a friendly talk or to give advice. However should one of his friends be hurt physically or emotionally he will get very defensive.
Past: Coconut grew up in one of the jungles in the Hoenn region and lived there most his life into his late years, however when team Magma attacked, practically catching almost all the Pokémon including the flock/herd of Tropius he was distraught. That was until an ambition young Trainer named Finion came along, saving him from capture as well. The trainer was noble and was going to defeat team Aqua and so Coconut decided to join his team but only until team Aqua was stopped.

While on Fin's team he got acquainted with all the Trainer's Pokémon, becoming good friends with them as well as the human himself and when team Aqua was defeated and the Tropius' released Coconut was at a cross roads. He could return to the wild or stay with Fin. He chose the latter, finding battles thrilling and feel of a family good.
Friends: All of Fin's team
Romantic Interest(s): None and he won't be looking either :p

I hope that's alright also do I have to read through every single post cause there is a lot of posts XD

Last edited:
So hope I'm still allowed to join and I'm cool if I can't but here's the forum if I can

Notable Features: An age but still physically well Pokémon, also could it maybe be shiny, raspy yet soft and booming voice.
Personality: Coconut is a wise old Pokémon but in his age he has become slightly dim and will often drift from saying something quite smart and notable to a few stupid things which are usually funny. Its hard to tell whether he's joking or not but despite this he's a very friendly Pokémon and is often in the best of moods, always up for a good laugh, a friendly talk or to give advice. However should one of his friends be hurt physically or emotionally he will get very defensive.
Past: Coconut grew up in one of the jungles in the Hoenn region and lived there most his life into his late years, however when team Magma attacked, practically catching almost all the Pokémon including the flock/herd of Tropius he was distraught. That was until an ambition young Trainer named Finion came along, saving him from capture as well. The trainer was noble and was going to defeat team Aqua and so Coconut decided to join his team but only until team Aqua was stopped.

While on Fin's team he got acquainted with all the Trainer's Pokémon, becoming good friends with them as well as the human himself and when team Aqua was defeated and the Tropius' released Coconut was at a cross roads. He could return to the wild or stay with Fin. He chose the latter, finding battles thrilling and feel of a family good.

I hope that's alright also do I have to read through every single post cause there is a lot of posts XD
Sounds Intresting!.... But the name Icarus is taken XD

Its cool, could you maybe potentially quickly sum up what has happened maybe :p the rooms 32 pages so I'm cool if the summary is very long and I'm cool if you don't wanna

I'm entirely aware that there are a lot of posts. Just as long as nothing in your character's info overlaps with anyone else's, you should be ay-okay without having to read every post. Remember to read the rules if you haven't. Jump on in whenever! :D

Hi guys! Just wanted to say how brilliant this rp has been and how happy I am to have been a part of it :blush: looks like it's become the most popular on the site! Sorry to say that I won't likely be posting again on this rp as school is starting up again soon and I have some summer work to rush and get done before it does, so I don't want to hold back such a fast moving story. Again, it was great to be a part of something so fun, so thanks very much for letting me join :blush: You guys are all so talented at writing it blows me away.

Hi guys! Just wanted to say how brilliant this rp has been and how happy I am to have been a part of it :blush: looks like it's become the most popular on the site! Sorry to say that I won't likely be posting again on this rp as school is starting up again soon and I have some summer work to rush and get done before it does, so I don't want to hold back such a fast moving story. Again, it was great to be a part of something so fun, so thanks very much for letting me join :blush: You guys are all so talented at writing it blows me away.
No worries! It was great to have you, and maybe in the future we can do another RP together! :p Thanks for all the compliments, and thanks again for helping shape this RP into what it is! Good luck with school!~ ;):up:

SPECIES Charizard
NAME Flamelash
GENDER Male
TRAINER An experienced male trainer named Gecko
ABILITY Blaze
NOTABLE FEATURES A plastic cap is covering the flame of the tail, so it doesn't get put out easily. Also has a bandage on one arm because of a Pallosand draining the life force of his hand
PERSONALITY Kind but defends smaller Pokémon when in danger, even when himself is hurt. Can be clumsy sometimes.
PAST Has been in many Gym Battles/Pokémon League Battles and usually gets close to winning the league. He is famous for his powerful Dragon Pulse attack.
FRIENDS All of Gecko's team except for Raichu, who usually tries to eat small Pokémon (Usually Sunkerns).
ROMANTIC INTRESTS: Nobody yet...

Is it still okay for me to join..? If not that's alright but I thought I'd just put in my application form just in case.
Sorry, I just realised how long it is... oops.

Species: #359 Absol
Name: Wren
Trainer: Ene Shiro, from the Johto region.
Ability: Super Luck
Notable Features: Wears a white medical eyepatch over his left eye. Often mistaken for a female at first glance.
Personality: Carefree, Rebellious and sly. Wren is the kind of Pokemon that would push you into a lake, laugh a bit, and then help you out the lake whilst smirking the whole time. Despite how he looks and acts, he means well and if ever the opportunity were to arise; he wouldn’t hesitate in defending his friends.
Past: As a young absol, Wren spent his days learning the rules and regulations to life as any ‘doom-bringer’ Pokemon would, alone. However one fateful day, a human let their presence be known. Little Wren was terrified and darted away as fast as he could only to trip and fall into the ice path. The impact of his fall caused the icicles above to shake, crack and eventually plummet. too young to have predicted the oncoming disaster; he foolishly tilted his head up and was immediately pierced by the needle-like stalactites, one of which pierced his left eye. Needless to say, he was picked up and taken to a Pokemon centre by the ‘mysterious human’ who later introduced themselves as simply a normal highschooler named Ene. Ene wasn’t a trainer and never wanted to be one, but was encouraged by friends and family to become one. He helped Wren recover, mainly because the little absol wouldn’t have survived in the wild after such an accident and he partially blamed himself for the accident. As time went on, Wren recovered but was revealed to be permanently blind from his left eye. It took some effort but Ene managed to put an eyepatch on him; but not before taking scratch to the hand of course. It was a little big at first but Wren eventually grew into his eyepatch and began to feel safer wearing it than not. There was only one problem, Wren was fixed. He could leave at any time since he wasn’t confined to a poke ball and was still a wild pokemon after all. But Wren didn’t want to go back to the wild and so Ene took him in and didn’t look back, he became a Pokemon trainer.
Friends: Ene and his small (but quickly growing) Pokemon team.
Romantic Interest(s): In time maybe.

Is it still okay for me to join..? If not that's alright but I thought I'd just put in my application form just in case.
Sorry, I just realised how long it is... oops.

Species: #359 Absol
Name: Wren
Trainer: Ene Shiro, from the Johto region.
Ability: Super Luck
Notable Features: Wears a white medical eyepatch over his left eye. Often mistaken for a female at first glance.
Personality: Carefree, Rebellious and sly. Wren is the kind of Pokemon that would push you into a lake, laugh a bit, and then help you out the lake whilst smirking the whole time. Despite how he looks and acts, he means well and if ever the opportunity were to arise; he wouldn’t hesitate in defending his friends.
Past: As a young absol, Wren spent his days learning the rules and regulations to life as any ‘doom-bringer’ Pokemon would, alone. However one fateful day, a human let their presence be known. Little Wren was terrified and darted away as fast as he could only to trip and fall into the ice path. The impact of his fall caused the icicles above to shake, crack and eventually plummet. too young to have predicted the oncoming disaster; he foolishly tilted his head up and was immediately pierced by the needle-like stalactites, one of which pierced his left eye. Needless to say, he was picked up and taken to a Pokemon centre by the ‘mysterious human’ who later introduced themselves as simply a normal highschooler named Ene. Ene wasn’t a trainer and never wanted to be one, but was encouraged by friends and family to become one. He helped Wren recover, mainly because the little absol wouldn’t have survived in the wild after such an accident and he partially blamed himself for the accident. As time went on, Wren recovered but was revealed to be permanently blind from his left eye. It took some effort but Ene managed to put an eyepatch on him; but not before taking scratch to the hand of course. It was a little big at first but Wren eventually grew into his eyepatch and began to feel safer wearing it than not. There was only one problem, Wren was fixed. He could leave at any time since he wasn’t confined to a poke ball and was still a wild pokemon after all. But Wren didn’t want to go back to the wild and so Ene took him in and didn’t look back, he became a Pokemon trainer.
Friends: Ene and his small (but quickly growing) Pokemon team.
Romantic Interest(s): In time maybe.
Okay, it's not too late. You're in :p
As for @GalacticGeckoMC , you are also in. Both of you, remember to read the rules, and try to keep posts at a minimum of about 4-5 sentences (a normal paragraph)