• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokemon: 356.17 Days

"Any battle in the city is great." Said Milo. "Besides, there are some Pokemon battles who are found endlessly in this city. And we might pick as many as we can find." Said Milo towards Soran. Snivy then asked Honedge to play with them. "Snivy's a bundle of joy, isn't she?" Said Milo.

=Nightshade=

Previously Night's Shadow
Makani grinned. “Funny story, actually. My best friend and rival when I was younger bet that I couldn’t handle Eevee in battle once it evolved. When it evolved into Pixie, I went so far as to master the whole type to prove my friend wrong. I kicked his butt; he’s a dark-type enthusiast, which was kind of hilarious. Then I ran away because my parents didn’t want me battling. Aaaand, here I am!” She put up a peace sign with her two fingers and winked. “One of the best decisions I ever made.”

Soran smiled. "That's awesome, Makani. Wish I was that good at battling..." He glanced over at Honedge, who had almost begun to play with Snivy but was now casting him a bit of a stink eye. "Well, she's really strong. I think she battles without me giving commands." She stopped glaring at him and made a soft noise, like the blowing of wind, at Snivy. Her scarf began waving back and forth above her head.

"Wow." Said Milo. "Glad you're with us. Anyway, it's possible that can be a fairy-type gym leader in any way you like. And who knows? Maybe you can try to beat Ralph. His ghost-type Pokemon team is loaded with all sorts of essentials that only I can't seem to bypass." Snivy agrees with what Milo said and continued playing with Honedge and Pixie the Sylveon.

Last edited:

=Nightshade=

“Yeah, that’s my goal, ultimately,” Makani admitted. “Have a Gym of my own. That would be so cool... but I have to get stronger. I can’t expect to beat most challengers at my current power level.” She shrugged it off. “Maybe I will battle Ralph sometime. It’d be good practice.” Pixie batted at the Snivy with one paw, then scampered a few steps back, an invitation to play tag. Makani shook her head at the mischievous Pokémon. “Pixie always has been a playful one.”

"So is my Pokemon." Said Milo. "Snivy always wants to play along with other Pokemon she sees and meets. Always sending invitations whenever some are around." Milo then brung out his gen 5 Pokedex and checked which Pokemon battle is the nearest. "The nearest Pokemon battle is at Beaker St train station near Team Beat's HQ club." Said the Pokedex. "From there, you'll need a transport pass in order to take the train to Beaker St fast." "Good thing I have one." Said Milo. "Without it, I would never go to places and make it there in time." With the three members of Team Beat and the member of the T.C.A.F, the conductor soon prepared the train. "ALL ABOARD!!!" Said the conductor. Inside the train, the sound box from above the doors began to speak. "The doors are closing. Please stand clear at the doors." Said the sound box. The doors of the train then began to close and the train began to move slowly as it builds up speed. "Here we go." Said Milo. "Next stop, Beaker St."

Michael listened to the younger trainers talk amongst themselves. Such idealism, such simplicity of purpose... That was worth defending. He felt more sure of his course as Pyoog watched the smaller Pokemon play with a mixture of amusement and confusion. Life with Michael was not joyless, but it was much more restrained. Discipline was honed clamp down on distractions, and Michael did privately admit to his team that sometimes emotions were seen as distractions when he realized in his heart that they should not be. He ruffled the hair on Pyoog's neck, eliciting a chuckle and a smile from the large, heavy handed brute that had been his companion longer than the rest of his team. They waited in silence, observing the Team Beat members socializing.

Milo's Snivy went up to Michael and Pyoog and began to play with them. Then she went back to play with Honedge and Pixie the Sylveon. "Now, about that package." Said Milo to himself. Milo zoomed in on the insignia on the care package, enhanced, and looked up what it means. "The care package belonged to a mail company called 'Skarmory Mail inc.', a corporation that delivers mail and orbital care packages worldwide." Said the Pokedex. "I wonder what the care package is for." Milo said to himself. Milo then began to chat with Mankani and Soran in a relaxing tone. "So, any thought of having old memories?" Asked Milo towards Mankani and Soran.

"Whaddaya mean?"
Soran shifted his eyes from the playing Pokemon over to Milo. The angle shifted almost imperceptibly as the train reached the first curve in the track. Soran didn't really notice, though, because he was trying to interpret Milo's words. 'so, any thought of having old memories?' It confused him, and he wasn't sure how he was supposed to answer.

"Like, having fun with your parents at a huge landmark or something?" Said Milo. Snivy only continued playing with Pixie the Sylveon and Honedge for a long while. "My parents took me to an old mansion somewhere in a forest when I was 4" Said Milo. "We called it home, but it didn't lasted long. So we moved from the old mansion to here in the city. That's how I came here."

Michael looked at the small, slender grass Pokemon trying to play with its exact opposite in Pyoog. He looked to Pyoog and nodded, giving his partner permission to play as he chose. Pyoog didn't really know how to play with Snivy. He was a huge fire type next to a small grass type. So Pyoog contented itself by making humorous faces, because physical contact could get too rough, even on accident. Michael approved of Pyoog having some fun. They were on duty but with no concrete objective ahead of them, he saw no reason not to let the proverbial leash out a little bit.

Milo's Snivy loved how Pyoog made the funny faces, decided to play ball with Pyoog. "What about you, Michael?" Said Milo towards Michael. "Any memories you like to share?" Magnemite soon popped out from it's PokeBall and decided to play with the other Pokemon.

Soran piped up with a story.
“One fun memory I have is my vacation with my parents to Galar. We visited so many cool places, especially in Wyndon, but my favorite was the Wild Area. It’s so big and pretty, and clean. Not a building in sight. Sometimes you see people camping or hiking, but even with the tourists there are so many wild Pokémon, absolutely everywhere! And that’s where I met her.”
He looked at the Honedge. His eyes went from focused to an introspective gaze. He was remembering the details of that trip and that first meeting.
“My parents were so concerned when I had a Honedge following me around. Y’know, they have a reputation for draining the life force of anyone who grabs them.”

"I think Honedge has quite the potential ability in her, I tell ya." Said Milo. "Besides, Ralph taught me how to make friends with ghost-type Pokemon. And there's always a solution to see how Pokemon and us people work together as a team." Snivy agrees with Milo and tries to give Honedge a hug. "What about you, Mankani?" Said Milo as he turned his head to Mankani. "Any memories you like to share?"

Last edited:

=Nightshade=

Makani shrugged. “Eh, not really. Things were pretty boring back home in Alola until I ran off. Except for the occasional battles I’d have with my best friend, Jet. And his Zorua; Shade was so funny. Those were the best.” Her face darkened. “Until... nevermind.” Until my parents told me I couldn’t battle anymore, she stopped herself from saying. She shook her head to get rid of the groping shadowy memories of the past, forcing a smile. “Anyways. Wing, Pixie, and I have been together most of our lives. Star was quick to join the team, too. Shadow’s a bit more of a new addition, but he clicks with the rest of them just fine.”

"Well, you can chase your dreams in a way you like!" Said Milo. "I happen to do the same when it's time to get serious." Snivy nodded her head as she agrees with Milo. Magnemite then began to play with Snivy, Pixie the Sylveon, Honedge, and Pyoog. Milo then looked at an alleyway with a theater projector playing a movie as the train passes by. "Good thing I got the app to learn more about Beaker St." Said Milo as he pulled out his Pokedex to see the app. "Here's what you'll see at Beaker St, there are a few Pokemon battles out there on the streets, but there are also a huge aquarium located at the Twilight City Aquarium of Water-type Pokemon. That's what people call it, the largest museum in the city."

Michael shook his head as he was asked of his memories. "Nothing pertinent. Of course I have memories with my family, with my team, but they're not very interesting. Not really worth sharing." He looked over Milo's shoulder to watch the video he was showing, more out of due diligence than anything.

The voice box soon began to speak again as Milo felt the train slowing down. "We are now arriving at Beaker St." Said the voice box. "Please exit the train when the doors open." As the train comes to a complete stop at Beaker St station, the doors then opened up for the four of them to exit. "Here we are." Said Milo. "Beaker St." Milo then heard a nearby Pokemon battle from nearby the train station. "Let's go check it out!" Said Milo.

=Nightshade=

Makani jumped out of the train once the doors opened, landing smoothly with Pixie beside her. The rest of her team emerged from their Pokeballs, looking around in wonder. The girl herself was a bit better at concealing her interest, but was just as intrigued. Suddenly, sounds of clashing moves came from a ways away from the train station, and Makani broke into a trot, excited, but not wanting to make it too obvious. Her team followed, Pixie and Shadow hitching rides on the two larger Pokemon. When Milo said to check it out, she looked over her shoulder at him, grinning. "Way ahead of you, there," she teased gently. "But you're right, let's go!'

Soran exited their train behind them. He looked around, and just as Milo mentioned the sounds of battle he heard them too. He called Honedge over to him and then began to follow the others towards the battle. He wondered internally if he’d have a chance to battle, and what he might face in order to win.

Milo went down the escalator and headed straight for the entrance of the train station to see the Pokemon battle. He saw one was using a Greninja, while the other was using a Charizard. "Let me check it out..." Said Milo as he pulled out his Pokedex again to scan the two Pokemon. "Greninja, the ninja Pokemon, and the last evolution of Froakie." Said the Pokedex. "A water/dark type. It creates throwing stars out of compressed water. When it spins them and throws them at high speed, these stars can split metal in two." Then it changed to Charizard. "Charizard, the flame Pokemon, and the last evolution of Charmander." Said the Pokedex. "A fire/flying type. Charizard flies around the sky in search of powerful opponents. It breathes fire of such great heat that it melts anything. However, it never turns its fiery breath on any opponent weaker than itself." "Greninja is water type." Said Milo. "And Charizard is a fire type. So Greninja has the advantage against Charizard."

=Nightshade=

Makani stood, team close at hand, and observed the battle with a slight grin. Although it was true that the Greninja trainer had the type advantage, the Charizard trainer was holding his own with ease. The two were evenly matched from Makani’s perspective in terms of skill, but the Greninja’s type advantage was slowly starting to creep out on top, as the Charizard took a devastating hit, though still continuing to battle. She surveyed the two with calm eyes, though inside she was vibrating with excitement. Battles are so cool!

"I hope I will enter one of these Pokemon battles." Said Milo. "Besides, I want a Pokemon who's got fighting skill." Amazed in awe, Milo watched the Charizard trainer took the higher hope in defeating the Greninja and commanded Charizard to take down Greninja. The timing is perfect. From above, Charizard began to spin while holding Greninja to dizzy it. "Unreal." Said Milo. Until when Greninja was dizzy from all of that spinning, Charizard rammed it down to the ground like a meteor. When the dust cleared away, Charizard was still standing and Greninja was knocked out before it was returned to the Greninja trainer. "AWESOME!!!" Said Milo.

Soran clapped.
"Wow! That was some Seismic Toss! The Charizard has to be really strong if it took those hits and dealt that much damage."
He was genuinely impressed. At his side, the Honedge had been eyeing the whole battle. Now her cloth wrapped gently around Soran's arm. Soran was too caught up to really notice, he was too excited by the prospect of battles.

The Charizard trainer then looked at the crowd. "Who will be the next trainer to fight my Charizard?" The crowd raised their hands up high to show that they will fight against him. The Charizard trainer then pointed to Milo. "You! Will you be my next opponent?" Said the Charizard trainer. His Charizard growls softly and eagerly. "I will soon!" Said Milo. "There you have it folks!" Said the Charizard trainer. "He'll be ready soon! Come find me and the Greninja trainer at the playground at night. Don't be late! PEACE OUT!!!" The Charizard trainer with his Charizard with the Greninja trainer then left into the streets. Ralph then came by to see them. "Hey, guys!" Said Ralph. "You three finally made it!" "So did Michael." Said Milo. "Heard you're invited to battle two Pokemon trainers at the playground for tonight." Said Ralph. "I'll get some snacks for tonight. Also, I found the care package. It said it's for you." "Oh yeah." Said Milo. "Mankani, Soran, let's follow Ralph. Michael, you stay here. Don't worry, we'll be back." And Milo followed Ralph into the Alleyway.

=Nightshade=

“M‘kay, whatevs,” Makani said, nonchalance covering up the trickles of excitement she still felt from watching the two trainers battle. She made a face back at Michael as she followed Milo, like, This is ridiculous, I’m gonna go along with it! “Cmon, team.” With her fairy-type family beside her, Makani followed Milo and Ralph into the alley, hands behind her head, whistling the whole way.

The Team Beat members hadn't been gone long before Michael was challenged. A trainer with a Lucario, approached him and gestured in challenge.

"Hey, you! Couldn't help but notice you're not battling! Let's remedy that!"

Michael sighed and chose Pyoog. The matchup made the choice obvious. The two Pokemon squared off in the street. The Lucario made the first move, a barked command from its trainer leading it to manifest Flash Cannon. "Deflect with Hammer Arm." Michael commanded calmly, and Pyoog struck the beam with an overhand punch, dissipating the energy. "Aura Sphere, give it to him from multiple angles!" The opposing trainer called out, and Lucario obeyed, strafing around the larger Pyoog to hit it with powerful blasts, although Pyoog weathered them with very little difficulty. Frustrated, the opposing trainer called for another Flash Cannon.

Michael seized the chance. "Flare Blitz, straight down the barrel, go!" He barked. The Flash Cannon struck Pyoog head on as he worked forward, wreathed in fire. No sooner was Lucario done with its move than Pyoog caught it with an uppercut. The flaming punch lifted Lucario off the ground and above Pyoog's head. As his Pokemon hefted its opponent up, Michael ended the battle with two words: "Hammer Arm."

Michael gave Pyoog a super potion to patch up his minor damage, and the two sat down again. Pyoog grunted and shuffled in impatience, but Michael soothed him with a gentle run on the shoulder. "Calm..." He whispered. "We'll only have to wait a little while."

At the end of the alleyway was a dead end with a big tent attatched to an operating van. In front of Ralph, Milo, Mankani, and Soran, was the care package that was told from the news. "It's for you, Milo." Said Ralph. "Open it." Milo didn't hesitated to see what was inside. Until he recieved one Pokemon for free. "It's a...LUCARIO!!!" Said Milo. "Congratulations!" Said Ralph.

Soran came into the alleyway behind the others, and got there just in time to see the box opened. To his surprise, Milo had been given a Lucario. Soran was a bit confused as to why Milo now apparently had a Lucario, but he didn’t ask out loud. He just wondered internally what this whole thing was about.

"We should probably invite Michael in." Said Ralph, he then came back for Michael. "Hey, Michael." Said Ralph. "Want to hang out with us?" "I got some bacon, egg & cheese biscuits for the five of us." Said Milo. Lucario looked around the place where he has awoken from and then looked at Milo. Milo then realized a note, picked it up from the care package, and read it out loud. "Your father wanted you to have this Pokemon to help Team Beat and the T.C.A.F authorities before he died." Said Milo who was reading the note. "It's time the Aura Pokemon was given to you in your hands. For Team Aqua. Your new uncle, Archie." Milo then paused for a moment. Archie must be helping him to help Team Beat and T.C.A.F in order to stop Team Fear. Milo then pulled out the Pokedex to scan Lucario. "Lucario, the Aura Pokemon." Said the Pokedex. "A fighting/steel type. It concentrates its mental energy and fires off mysterious waves called auras, which can crush boulders of large size to dust." "Welcome to the party, Lucario." Said Milo. Milo then served the bacon, egg & cheese biscuits to his four friends as they relaxed and began to chat. "I never thought that Archie would give me the Aura Pokemon, right?" Said Milo. "To be honest, he and his team are rootin' for ya, bud. What do you guys think?" Said Ralph to Soran, Mankani, and Michael.

Michael shrugged. He'd never heard of this Archie fellow and although he kept it to himself, he didn't really care. He glanced at the Lucario and stifled a rare chuckle, patting Pyoog on the back and muttering "Deja Vu" to his Emboar, not really caring if anyone heard, though none of them saw his battle with a Pokemon of the same species less than an hour earlier. He stood and with his typical humorless look asked "So what's the objective here? I spent a half hour doing nothing and I've still done more battling than the rest of you. I'm patient but I'm still confused as to why I was assigned to accompany you tonight. There hasn't been anything tonight that any one of us could not have handled alone. " He indicated each other person in turn, since he knew any one of them could have crushed the robots single handedly.

Michael was not being malicious or spiteful, but he was a little fed up. The Team Beat members had been chasing after nebulous concepts like "enjoyment" or whatever, in which Michael was quite uninterested. He softened his expression, a necessary affectation to make sure he wasn't misunderstood. "I'm not mad, but I feel like there's some deeper goal you all are after that I'm not privy to."

Milo then told Michael what Team Beat's goal was. "Our goal is to save and protect the citizens as much as you do the same." Said Milo. "Truthfully, we're all on the same side. And I can't imagine what would happen if things go awry. But the mayor gave out published order for the T.C.A.F to work with Team Beat to defeat Team Fear." "Yeah, even I expected some spooky boring sideshow to be haunted by my own team." Said Ralph. "I will not stand to low-life criminals who thinks our phobia is the key to everything."

Blue_Flash4

Previously Blue_Flash4 de Lafayette
Nick, Cooper, and Aby were walking down a street. They were trying to find the Team Beat alleyway HQ but were having trouble finding the correct alleyway. Suddenly Cooper said, "Guys, look at this!" He pointed in the direction of a van with what seemed to be a tent attached to the back. In also happened to be in an alleyway. Nick walked up to it and heard noise coming from inside. He gestured for the other two to come over. He heard the mention of Team Beat by someone inside the van. He found the entryway to where the Team Beat conversation was happening. He took a quick glance in and saw 5 people eating. He took a second to think of what to say, but then Cooper stepped in front of him into the where the 5 people were. Cooper looked at the group of 5 and said, "Hey, sorry for just stepping in unannounced but, do any of you work for Team Beat by any chance?"

Milo and Ralph turned their heads to Nick, Cooper, and Aby as they figured they want to be part of Team Beat. "Yep." Said Milo. "You sure did came to the right place." "Welcome to Team Beat." Greeted Ralph. "I'm Ralph, I'm the admin of this team." "My name is Milo, the enforcer." Greeted Milo as he introduced the trio to the other three. "And this is Mankani, Soran, and that's Michael, the member of the T.C.A.F." "Got a name you three?" Asked Ralph to the trio.

Blue_Flash4

Cooper responded to Ralph first, "Hey guys, my name is Cooper, but most of my friends call me Coop!" Nick then stepped in and said, "My name is Nick." And he gestured towards Aby who had yet to completely step into the room, and said, "This is Aby," Aby waved to the others and said "Hi,"

"Would you like something to eat?" Asked Milo. "You all must be starving." "So, what brings you guys here in this place?" Asked Ralph. "Surely there's something more outstanding than meets the eye." Ralph's ghost Pokemon team then came out of their Poke Balls to greet the trio with a joyful attitude.

Blue_Flash4

"I could eat," Nick said, and the other two nodded. "As for what brings us here, we heard about the Team Fear situation and thought we could help." Aby jumped when the ghost pokemon came out and her Espeon came out thinking there was a threat. When she saw it was Ralph's pokemon she petted Espeon and told her everything was fine.

Milo gave the trio hash browns, and told them about the Team Fear situation. "It happened when my parents died in a train accident." Said Milo. "Normally, we only had six reactor core." "Now there's five reactor core left." Added Ralph. "This happens during the end of a school year. And we're not careful, Team Fear will wreak havoc to our city. So we need to act fast. What do ya say? You in?"

Michael stood up, tensed and ready when he heard a voice outside the tent cry out and Pyoog mirrored the reaction, but both relaxed when the newcomers turned out to be not hostile.
He regarded them with a stony expression. He didn't trust them, while Milo and Ralph seemed overeager to cater to them. He stepped out of the tent and stood by the doorway as Pokemon were turned loose. "It's way too crowded in there." He grunted by way of explanation.

After allowing them some time to eat, he interjected, stating "Let's get to the point. Do we have a concrete objective for tonight? Maybe an individual to apprehend, a locale to defend?" Michael was aware of Team Beat's overall goals but he still wasn't convinced they had any plan for what they wanted to accomplish that night.

Blue_Flash4

"Yeah," Nick said turning to Aby and Cooper to see their response. Cooper nodded and said, " Yeah I'm in." Aby also replied saying, "Yeah I'm in." Nick then took a bite out of his hashbrown as Michael walked outside. When he came back in asking if they had a plan Nick shrugged. He could tell Michael didn't trust them but didn't care knowing that they had just met and knew it was a common thing when people meet for the first time.