• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Pokehumans in a Pretty Chill Afterlife

Avery laughed. It could always be worse, she thought. At least she has a sense of humor. "I'm Avery. I also used to be a street pokemon. Always gave away my food. Too generous for my own good. And you are...?" She finished, cocking her head to the side a little.

"I'm Noelle. Nice to meet you, Avery!" Noelle held out her former front right paw, remembering seeing her owner perform this action before when introducing herself

"My name is Amidala. I was a wild Pokémon Always being chased for one reason or another." Amidala said. She nodded to the others. Amidala's tail swished behind her. 'Glad some things haven't changed.' Amidala thought, relieved, as she looked back at her tail.

He attempted to shield his eyes from the man in the mirror, tugging at the collar of his coat as a way to hide his face. He squared his shoulders and peered up at them cautiously.
"I'm Akeldama," he sputtered out. He hesitated before holding his a scaled hand out like Noelle had done. "I, er, live in a forest. Or maybe it was a mountain?"

Avery took the paw, er, hand, and shook it in her own. "You too." She turned around to face the human that looked like a Dedenne. "Hi! I'm guessing you're, er, were a Dedenne?" Avery's hair was getting staticky and picking up the girl's feelings, much like her cheeks did when she was meeting another electric type.

"Y-yeah." Amidala said. She somewhat returned to her shyness. Amidala looked at everyone in the elevator one at a time. The girl that had spoken to her had obviously been a Raichu. There was also a former Butterfree, Glaceon, and Cubone. Then there was one guy that Amidala couldn't tell what he used to be. Amidala sighed.

Akeldama cocked his head in Avery's direction incredulously. Of course something was wrong. Everything about this situation was unbelievably wrong. He kept his silence, however, still immersed in and unnerved by his new body.

"N-no. I'm just shy, is all." Amidala said. 'Well, that's a new one. I guess this ex-Raichu can pick up my feelings. I wonder if I can do the same?' she thought. Amidala held out her hand, as she had seen some of the others do. "It's kind of cool there's another mouse Pokémon here. Whatever this is, we're all in this together apparently." she said.

Avery smiled. "Yeah. So, what's the last thing you remember before being in here? It might help us figure out something. I just remember falling on the ground from hunger." She winced as her stomach growled loudly. Well, that's embarrassing, she thought.

"Well, I remember falling too. Though a lot further than you did I'm sure. There was a Talonflame chasing me, and then the was this cliff, then..." Amidala stopped talking and made a sound like a cartoon character falling. Once she had finished that an idea came to her. Well it was more like a theory as to how they had all ended up in the elevator. "Daughter of a Delphox." Amidala muttered.

"I can't remember a thing leading up to how I got here," Akeldama admitted, appearing to have a better grasp of the English language after easing into it for the past couple of minutes. The words felt blocky and dry on his tongue. "I was chasing something - a Bunnelby, maybe. Maybe, maybe."

"Hmm. Well, I think I remember a car driving at me, and, well, bang went Noelle. Oh well." Her face went slack. "Guys? What if our corpses are still there? And seriously, what's at the top of the elevator?"

"Hm..." Avery looked at the metal thing on the end of her "tail". "I could probably bust open the door. Should I?" Avery figured it was worth a try. The metal thing wasn't very heavy, but maybe she could break something open. Avery twirled her tail in her fingers, a habit that she had.

"We're... We're dead?" Akeldama asked, forgetting to keep his face hidden. The explanation was the most logical one he could come up with, but he couldn't accept it. He shook his head. "I'm dead? We're dead?" He shook it again, more vigourously now. "Please, try."

"Alright, stand back everybody!" Avery spun her tail with all her might and slammed it into the door. It barely made a dent. She hit it again. The tiny dent got a little bigger, but not all that much. "Third time's the charm," She muttered under her breath and slammed her tail against the door once more. It made a satisfying "clang", but didn't budge. "Or not."

"Um, do you need help with that?" Amidala asked the former Raichu. She would've tried using an electric type moves but there were a few risks with trying that. "Maybe trying to escape isn't such a great idea. We could be headed for a pretty nice place." she said. Amidala glanced at the top of the elevator.

Avery nodded. "I guess it's worth the wait," she said. She was twirling her tail nervously, though. What if they weren't headed to a nice place? Avery's thoughts were racing. "I was kinda hoping that I might be able to see my Trainer again, though." Avery was missing her life before the street life. Suddenly she had a flashback.
"Alright, Avery! Use Thundershock!" Rose, Avery's trainer at the time, was directing her in a battle. Avery, who was still a Pikachu, used Thundershock on a Dewott, causing it to fall over, unable to battle. Avery's ears twitched with satisfaction as Hugh, Rose's rival, recalled the Pokemon. He sent out a Tranquill.
"Tranquill, use Air Cutter!" Hugh said. Tranquill beat its wings, sending blades of air at Avery. They cut into Avery's face, hurting her.
"Avery, you can do it! Thunderbolt!" Rose shouted. Avery gritted her teeth and sent a strong bolt of electricity at the Pokemon. Another K.O. Rose cheered as Hugh called back the Flying Type. Suddenly, Avery began to feel strange as a white light enveloped her. She felt her tail getting longer, her ears getting shorter, and her body getting bigger. Suddenly the light cleared, and Avery was no longer Avery the Pikachu, she was Avery the Raichu.
Avery came out of her flashback. She was still standing in the elevator. "Whoa. Sorry about that. Major flashback."

"Nah, it's fine." Noelle didn't really know much about flashbacks, just that her old owner used to have them a lot, but when they were really bad or sometimes fatal, she would collapse while having them, so she figured as long as Avery was standing up while having one and not blacking out completely, it was a good sign. Just then, the elevator hit a roof and Noelle nearly tripped over. "Woah."

Name: Ivy

Species: Skuntank

Appearance: She has short hair, which is dark purple at the back, and blonde at the front. She has a messy fringe, which hangs over her left eye. Her eyes are dark purple, and she wears fluffy beige boots, and purple socks, as well as a purple and beige jumper. She has a stump on her back, where her tail should be, which she keeps hidden at all times.

Cause of death: Found by a pokemon hunter and shot dead for her tail.

Ivy had kept silent for the entire ride. She was dead. That was a fact. She was also, for some reason, human now. That too was a fact.

She didn't remember much about how she had died, except that in the moments before she had arrived in this elevator, she had been looking into the cold barrel of a hunting rifle.

The elevator squeaked as it opened. A bustling shanty town lay on the other side, filled with what apoeared to be more humans.

She hid her head in her new hands, balling up on the ground.

(OOC: Guys what was the no scoping episode about? I kinda missed that part)
BIC: Noelle turned and saw a Gardevoir floating in midair muttering stuff about no scopes and referring to herself as GOD. "God" started firing snipers at everyone in the elevator and somehow hit all of them, and started yelling "Game over".
Unfortunately for the Gardevoir, she had forgotten that they were all dead already, and when the bullets hit them, "god" was gone.
Noelle blinked. "Anyone else saw that or was I just hallucinating?"

Ivy couldn't tell if that gardevoir had been a hallucination or not, but when it had crashed through the elevator, spewing MLG-ish nonsense about no-scoping and game over, she had been forced to acknowledge that the elevator too was filled with humans.

Humans. Humans humans humans humans humans. And now she was human too. And the elevator had taken them to a human village.

Ivy feared humans so very much. Humans captured pokemon, in the living world and forced them to do their bidding. Humans killed spoink for their pearls, vulpix for their fur, and skuntanks for their tails. Humans were the most despicable creatures, in this life, and the one before.

Covering her ears, Ivy softly murmured, "Is this... Is this hell?"

Avery was very much confused. "I don't even know what THAT was about," She said. She looked out at the town. "But this place seems okay. And look, the people look like they used to be Pokemon too!" Avery thought the town definitely looked nicer than the city where she had given up her food so often.

"Huh. This place is really nice." Noelle walked out of the elevator, attempting to erase no-scopes and Gardevoirs named "god" from her long-term memory, which would be a bit hard, but not impossible. She turned, taking in the view.