• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Pokehuman Encounters Reboot - Discussion

I doubt much has to be changed, as the team rocket in the roleplay already deviates heavily from the original as is. The outfits (which can be left to imagination) and the team name (which never has to be explicitly stated) are really the only main things that nees to be modified.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
I'm sorry guys. I intended to do it this week. A.... major physical IRL accident (note to self: if your mind tells you not to do something, it's definitely not a good idea) changed that. I've kinda been stalling until I can justify it enough that Stellar will accept it. (you guys probably can guess what it is at this point.)

Should there be any continuity between this and the Conversion Crisis? I don't feel like this would change much, nor is it really needed, but due to the similarities with the two I had an idea of Antoine combining his experience and funding from both stints to see his dream come to fruition in a third roleplay. Plus, it can sorta add to his slow 'slip' prolonged between the two stories and continued with the third.

I may not even create this roleplay, however, and it likely wouldn't change much to have them separate. Plus, it could cause some complications with people wanting to use the same characters for both.

Depends on which route you want to take the story. If the effects are reversable, then things become relatively striaghtforward. Maybe the evil team made a remedy, or maybe it's a more mystical thing like the Anistar sundail or some legend/legendary.

If the effects are permanent, then the development can be about acceptance. While the evil plans can still get foiled and such, the protagonists could meet other people going through something similar. Maybe those less fortunate who were successfully brainwashed/forced to obey by the team. Maybe they try to settle somewhere remote, like the endgame idea I remember being suggested from the start, or maybe they try to deal with the oddities and reintegrate into society. Families exist, too, and they can play a part in that sort of development.

But, as a reminder, don't make a plot too specific -- make it flexible. A lot of good ideas have died because the plots were made to specific and the others were sorta forced into that or went off course to the point where the creator didn't know what to do.

Magic Sparkle

Previously Sparkling Emolga
Umm, I don't think I have a good idea for the main goal of the evil team, but i will try to suggest something.

However, if I remember correctly, the pokehumans are much stronger than normal pokemons.
Pharaps team Modif will try to make an army out of fully-turned pokemons, maybe their goal is to simply be unstoppable. It can be possible that the evil team is also trying to catch a strong legendary/mythical pokemon and make an unstoppable army of pokehumans using its DNA, and probably use the other pokehumans to assist them in their goal.

I am sorry that my idea is kinda lame, but that is the only idea I can come up with right now.
And I am sorry if it's a bit messy or confusing, or if my idea sounds stupid, I am a bit tired and can't think straight.

Magic Sparkle

Previously Sparkling Emolga
Oh... I am sorry that I don't have another idea.

Pharaps we can make the plot without an evil team if we can't find any flexible goal for them.
I mean, when you posted the pokehumans encounter, you put up a poll about the cause of the transformation.
I think maybe we should do that poll again and see if there's another way to make a plot for the RP.

I mean, the plot is very boring in my mind. Very basic. Very simple. Maybe they become Pokehumans through mysterious means (AKA magical energy from some ancient artifact or something) and they have to find out how ot happened. And prevent others from suffering the same fate. How does that sound?

I like the idea of that air of mysteriosity, but only if it can actually be elaborated on, as 'it's magic' is pretty basic as well (especially when compared to other roleplays here, a lot of which having to deal with some magic power or work at play). I feel like this can be done well if executed correctly, though, via some entity or ancestry or lore or something.

I feel like a major part of the last roleplay was that isolation/'on the run' kind of feel. I'd like to keep that aspect.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
I feel like a major part of the last roleplay was that isolation/'on the run' kind of feel. I'd like to keep that aspect.

I can't agree more. It added a lot of tension, knowing they had a reason to constantly be on the move. They wanted to turn back to "normal", that's a given, but they had incentive to do it fast. That's the thing with antagonists - they can be cliche and boring when not executed well, but they make the plot a lot more fast-paced and easier to keep going.