• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Pokehuman Encounters Reboot - Discussion

Alright, so it may or may not have been a while since anyone did anything.

I mainly associated the abrupt inactivity with the start of the school year, yet it may still be best to do a bit of an interest check to see who's still immersed in this and/or wanting to continue this. It's best to be blatantly honest if you want to continue it or just leave it behind, as it's best to get this all sorted out.

Personally, I'm fine either way. I understand that this roleplay does hold a bit of emotional value and nostalgia (even though it's been 5 months, I'm beginning to feel that too) for it, though it may also be best to let sleeping dogs lie. After all, roleplays are more about journey than destination, and that journey has been had and enjoyed. Plus, it felt like the roleplay was missing something when it rebooted. Maybe it's just the newness and interesting ideas that were experienced diving in headfirst.

Yet I would like to hear everybody else's stances on this roleplay. Should it try to get revived once more, or is it time to just end that chapter and move on?

The Dark Fairy

Previously Eliiiscool
Yeah, want to reboot it like that? keep this chat for the bios, restart the main thread, and only 4 people, Me eevium and two others, maybe down the line we can add more, but lets start small

It's also best to include people who would actually be dedicated and active as to not end up with a lot of problems that plagued the previous one. Also because I can bet half of the people on this one are inactive and/or no longer interested in this roleplay haha.

If someone wants to be a part of this new RP, you can sign up before me. Though sign me up if no one else says anything. Also, again sorry for not even posting in the RP at all. Got lost before I even started... so maybe not the best choice... (is starting to question if she should join this new one)

So are we just making a new thread and starting over with a similar setting again? In that case I may just reuse a lot of the stuff and ideas I already made for this (ie arthur feeling obligated to pay back the group for saving him by making sure they're safe).

I also gotta rewrite the doc a bit, remind me about that when the time comes. While it's likely less useful considering newcomers don't need to be accounted for, it's a good way to compile all of the important info in case someone forgets something.

It appears to be time to discuss the remaster of the reboot. I believe it's already been agreed on to keep this small and private as to avoid clutter and inactivity, yet a major question there becomes who is included in this. We've already decided on Eli, Eevium, Playful, Lightning, and yours truly, but does anyone else have anyone in mind that showed enough consistency, activity, and interest? Emokitty? Keet?

It may be best to let them come to us, though. Add a little note as the top of the next discussion board allowing old members in on a case-by-case basis.

Of course, with a reboot, it's worth thinking of what to do differently and what to improve on. Though I'll likely stick with Arthur and Antoine and the way I wanted to take those two, others may want to do something different, or change the setting/plot slightly. Personally I felt there was a point where everything became a bit rushed, with everyone entering in distressed characters and leaving no time to rest and let the group figure out what happened. Patience could be improved on, and learning to enter when it fits best.

Once again, it's also worth developing a goal or goals, likely as simple as just a place the group heads to. Near the end of the last one I tried to do something where Arthur tried to keep everyone a secret from his parents while he tried to enjoy their vacation through some of the cities, but it never took off as, well, the roleplay died shortly after.

Another pro about a small group is that it encourages not skipping over people! As a result, the 3 post rule may not be necessary (or a post order can be put in place).

I think the three post thing helped kill the last thread... but it was also needed so then everyone could post. Also, keeping it smaller might keep the PPD (Posts per Day) low, something that is on my RPing requirements list. Also, we might want to choose someone's character to be a leader early on. And a goal needs to be placed, a simple one yes, but an overarching goal. Without one, an RP dies. No one is motivated. A good example of keeping a goal is the Eli in Dragnos RP that both me and Eli do. When there was no real goal, I started to lose interest until we found a new one. If the goal is completed, find a new one, or end it. It would be amazing if we were the first RP to get finished, though it would be a bit bittersweet. BTW, I found the smaller the group, the more loyal the RPers. Also, if the RPers are friends, then they are more likely to come back to an RP just to RP with their friend.

The Dark Fairy

Previously Eliiiscool
Me and Eevium have made some goals, but I want to wait to share them until they are approved, BTW Eevium, have you done that yet?

and do we want a new chat?

We should leave the Characters one night, maybe at a pokecenter to rest.

Eeveium, I kind of don't know the pokemon maps well, soI turn over the setting detail to you.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
A'ight.
It's taking me some time to compose the.... you-know-what, since I'm trying to justify... you-know-what without it seeming too on the nose. If I can't figure something out I may have to ask you to write something up.
As for the pokemon maps, sure. I can do that. How does Kalos, maybe in Santalune Forest sound to everyone?

What are you guys trying to approve? If it's difficult to explain, I could help explain it. Though it's likely better off if one of you does it as you're both sigbificantly more actove here than I am.

And Johto doesn't get any love because it doesn't deserve any love :^) (In all setiousness, I'm fine with wherever.)

Back on topic, I do feel like we've used the forest scenes quite a bit, in both this and related roleplays. It's getting a bit dull and repetitive to me, especially when i'm trying to reason my character taking a stroll in the woods alone.

I feel like it may also be a bit interesting to have them start off in an urban area, like being dumped into a Lumiose alleyway and them trying to figure out how to not draw attention to themselves instead of already having been prepared for those situations.