• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Pokehuman Encounters Reboot - Discussion

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
How about this?
The mage could have turned them into Pokehumans and then fled, and the group has to find said mage, and somehow get he/she to turn them back (most likely via a battle, etc).
They could be targeted by Pokemon hunters occasionally (because Pokemon/human hybrids would be rare as heck) just to add tension, but maybe not being on the run constantly.

Like I've said, I'm not really a fan of really just anything to do with magic, and I feel that tends to be reflected in my characters. I can still work with the trope and enjoy roleplaying it, though, and I don't want to be the one holding everyone else back. Plus, I still have a way to have my cup of tea, with Conversion Crisis and all.

As for a motive, it could be a mistake. Some little girl, whether accidentally or not thinking of the consequences, does this and flees when afraid that she'll be confronted. This implies a different setting though, one where magic and such is slightly more 'normal', which leads into my next question -- What would the setting be like, or should it even change that much?

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
I gotta get at rebooting that RP. Hopefully over Winter Break, I'm up to my ears in overdue homework and my mental stress is kinda running amok right now so I really don't have the time nor motivation to do it right now. I passed on the legend application for a similar reason. (It's also the reason why my post speed's been dying down a bit.)

Magic's not really my thing either, but it could be interesting if done right. If it's simply "oh, magic exists lol", I really won't enjoy it. Unless it has a valid explanation, a reason for existing at all, and a reason for this specific person having it. (Unless the world is... well, magical.)

While I think I recall us wanting this roleplay more private/closeknit this time around, we should still assess how a character can get in later on, whether it be a new character someone is introducing or a new member joining in late. With the last premise it was easy, as the incidents were a sort of consistent thing, but with my idea it seems like it would all happen at once.

As for a setting, I feel like a more 'mystical' region with a lot of ancient history would be good, whether it's some ancient locked away thing or device or just to explain magic/psychics. In that regard, Unova's Relic Castle, Abyssal Ruins, and several cave systems could help with in conjunction with the overall diversity of the region. Or we could just stick with Kalos and it's we've-discussed-the-potential-several-times-over-so-i'll-assume-you-already-know-this-part, though it feels a bit repetitive trying that region again. Alola is also an idea, though that requires legendary applications I'd feels as it would be very tied in with the island guardians to do so, even from the start if Tapu Lele or some other guardian 'curses' the protagonists.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
I'm really fine with anything. Here's my opinion though:

- Kanto's out. Nothing there really suggests magic to me.
- Johto could be a bit more feasible.
- Hoenn is the same as Johto. (I don't know a lot of Hoenn lore.)
- Sinnoh could work, but it's difficult.
- Unova, like Peroxide mentioned, could do the trick too.
- Kalos seems appropriate-ish but it's a bit repetitive.
- Alola is a good fit.
- Galar.... ehh. They've got a lot of mythology but most of it centers around the Legends. It could work, but probably not. Similar to Sinnoh.