• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokehuman encounters discussion

Should pokehumans

• Be born naturally

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Be a result of evil team plot (Serum/tests)

Votes: 17 45.9%
  • Victim of pokemon curse

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Be a result of evil team plot (Magic)

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Be a blessing (via stone/pokemon magic)

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • Be a mix of sources

Votes: 6 16.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hngh, I've been thinking of stuff that may happen in the future of this roleplay and it makes it kinda difficult to develop Reuben's character through a motive other than just 'I need to protect everyone' due to him being caught in a Pokeball, making it so that he can't just be caught and his Pokemon can't just be stolen.

It's also harder to do things with Dmitri as a result due to Reuben being my only protagonist character, but that's definitely besides the point.

Maybe I'll just stick with the whole guardian arc and see where it goes.

Also, just noticed something. Not that it affects much, but @EeviumZ Talia's speak isn't underlined, yet the hybrid ball restricts the ability to use human speech. Should be pretty easy to fix or maybe even come up with an explanation for.

Last edited:
I've thought of sometime in the future when this roleplay has zero pulse that we can sort out what broadly happens in the future and set up that pokehuman village idea that was thought of for when this 'concludes'. It may even happen sooner now that Feray left and the group has less incentive to go Lumiose (or really any long term goal).

I still wouldn't rush that, however, as they still need time to accept what happened and the idea of just settling somewhere isolated has yet to even be thought of in the roleplay. Plus, the antagonists aren't just giving up/vanishing.

I wondered if it would be possible to have both running simultaneously, having the 'main' story as well as something some time in the future. It may just end up being a last ditch effort, however, and continuity errors are a thing.

I've thought of this because, from my experience, roleplays rarely conclude. Then again, the discord i do most of my roleplayong in is much slower and less fast-paced than this.

I wanted that to be delayed so that I could have time to have Reuben flesh out his character a bit more. It's probably also good to at least get to Geosenge with EmoKitty before doing the rocket thing, as they're still waiting.

I was hoping for Eevium to post and then I'll go, but for now I'll write a small thing. It may be timme to open this roleplay for fresh members again, I feel, as quite a few are going a bit inactive.