• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokehuman encounters: Beginnings

Marduk looked as if he tried to run away from a group of strange figures who pursued him. "Don't let him get away!" One figure called out, before Marduk knew it, he ran in to a dead end and turned to see the strange figures look at him with smug looks on their faces. "No where to run now, kid. Now we can do this the easy way, or the hard way." Marduk attempted to grab a Poke ball only to be suddenly restrained by one of the figures. "Hard way it is! Dose 'em!" The figure said before another one walked towards Marduk with a strange needle in his hand, the figure that restrained him went to tilt his head so his neck was exposed as the needle was about to be injected.

Before the needle made it's mark, Marduk suddenly woke up with a yelp as if he just had a terrible nightmare. As he went to get up, be began to feel physically different and realized he was in what looked like a cell and his back started to feel really uncomfortable, but his bag was nowhere to be seen... or his Pokemon. "What the...?" He said before he looked around and noticed several other people were in the cell with him, each of which seemed to have strange appendages that looked like something Pokemon would have, Marduk went to find a mirror and noticed how his hair and eyes appeared to be a different color; His hair which was once a rich dark brown appeared to be dark blue with a few streaks of black and his eye pupils gained a rather lovely shade of fuchsia while his white sclera had turned jet black. "What the hell's happening to me?!" He said before the strange discomfort in his back bothered him once more as if something tried to break through, he decided to remove his jacket and shirt and in doing so revealed six rather large ribbon like wings. Marduk knew these wings all too well as he remembered a certain poster of a Pokemon he had at home.

"Am I turning into a... Hydreigon?!" Marduk asked, clearly worried. "What the hell is this?!" He said as he looked over to see everyone else in a similar problem to what he was in.

Last edited:
“Hello, everyone!”

A voice came not from the cell, but from someone outside of it. A man walked up to the room, wearing a red outfit that could be noticed from a mile away. The outfit itself seemed to scream authority, not because of how intimidating it was -- ask the right person and it was quite the opposite -- but from how the suit contrasted from a majority of the members they had seen thus far, and how it likely implied he was high up enough to get away with this stuff. “I hope you have all gotten acquainted with yourselves,” he said, a phrase that almost had a double meaning to it. “I am Doctor Laurent, and I look forward to our partnership. I believe that we can learn a lot about eachother and our limits in the coming months, and we can help usher forth a new era of scientific discovery. You may be feeling scared now, but I know that you will all understand in time.” He had a smile on his face, one that seemed both sincere and cold, as if he awkwardly didn’t know how to display the emotion.

There was a woman with him, trailing behind Antoine after he had convinced her to come with him. As the doctor gave his spiel, she began to peer into the crowd he was addressing, yet she gasped and covered her mouth as she saw the changes in all of them. She hadn’t expected the changes to be this... prominent, and it shocked her just how much of a ‘hybrid’ they all truly were.

The man noticed her distress and looked over. “What’s wrong, Melissa?” he asked. “I brought you here because I thought you would want to see this at work. All that time you’ve spent in the lab, and you never got to see what a change you’ve made. Now you can, Melissa. This is the future -- You can look at this amazing breakthrough and say, “I did this.”

“Y-you’re right,” the woman said, in a voice almost inaudible, in a tone almost in disbelief. “I did this.”

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
Drake covered his grin. Despite his initial fear, he found the reaction of the new arrival amusing. He sounded as if he found gum on his shoe, as opposed to being changed biologically.
"Yep, welcome to the club." he responded. "Name's Drake, by the way."
It was then he heard another voice, this time somewhere unexpected. A man and woman outside their cell.
Drake's horns twitched as he heard the man speak, and his grin vanished.
Partnership? Since when did I ask to be kidnapped? Show me the contract, Frankenstein. He thought sarcastically, but couldn't find himself saying the words. He looked over everyone, waiting for their reactions.

Lisa glared at the two scientists. Like she wanted to be there! They acted as if she consented in becoming part Pokemon! As if she walked into their base and asked to become part Pokemon. She glared at the man and his friend. Then his friend said something that made her blood boil. She did that to her! The people next to her! Why?! Why would anyone do that?! She turned away, arms crossed. She didn't even want to look at the two, much less assist them. But she had to. She wasn't given much of a choice.

The Dark Fairy

Previously Eliiiscool
Eli sat back, he was mad, of course he was, but he knew doing something insulting or violent would not get him far, he instead spoke to the scientist, not in any kind of friendly way, but not hostile either “Hello Laurent, they just came in, give them some time before you wish them away for tests, please.” He said, pleading the man to spare his new friends, even if only for today.

Marie listened to the conversation that had occured outside of the cell. At first she was silent, but then she realised that the lady scientist was the one who changed her to the way she was. She glared at the scientists. She started to mutter, loud enough that the people in the cell could hear, but quiet enough so that the scientists couldn't. "I'm okay with being chucked in a cell for no reason, but I'm going to hold a grudge against whoever said that." Her face didn't show any anger, but her tone was harsh.

Marduk sighed hoarsely as he leaned against the wall and slowly sank in to a sitting position. "Of all the ways life tries to surprise you, this is not what I had in mind... I'm sure everyone else feels the same. What kind of experiments are they gonna do to us, they can't be any more bizarre than... turning us in to these... human-Pokemon-hybrid... things..." He said before he hit the wall behind him before his eyes widened slightly with realization. "Speaking of which..." He said before he walked as close as he could to the scientists on the other side. "What have you done with our Pokemon?!" He said in a threatening tone of voice.

He wasn't a rude person, never showing his emotions, or much of anything really, but this was the first time ever that he really felt anger. It was like he was...overheating, his blue aura changing to a savage red as his mind raced not with questions, but with what he wished he could do to those people. He was still new to all of this, so he just sat there, taming his untamed rage.

Magic Sparkle

Previously Sparkling Emolga
Juliet looked at the man, who was known as Doctor Laurent, and at the woman, who seemed to be shocked a little.
Looking later at the others pokehumans that were with her, the small girl was surprised to see them, or most of them, mad at the doctor.

For her, that doctor seemed to have no intention of harming, he even greeted everyone and talked about partnership... or something... She couldn't exactly understand everything he said. But it was probably something good.

Except for that weird and cold smile, which is kinda amusing when you think of it, the young emolga kid actually trusted the man.

"It's nice to meet you, Doctor Laurent!" Juliet cheerfully said, showing her friendly and naive side.

Antoine waited for a response, slightly surprised by the lack of any verbal ones he had received. He had expected a lot more to be verbally angry had him, yet a majority of them appeared to do a good job of keeping that to themselves. It was a pleasant surprise, and he believed that they would get along well.

He opened his mouth to continue, before the confrontation he had expected from at least one of them had happened. He turned to the part-Hydreigon, not seeming taken aback by his tone, and his smile slowly turned to a death stare. "I will get to that, if you would kindly let me speak," he said through clenched teeth, before reapplying his smile and reverting back to his welcoming manner. "You may be wondering about your Pokemon -- they are safe. We have confiscated them to prevent the presence of any funny ideas, and as a way of giving a bit of... motivation to help with my research. Who knows -- maybe during some of our experiments, and assuming you don't act up too much, you could be able to talk with them!" He basked in all the leverage he had.

He listened to the two others speaking, adopting a pensive expression while listening while Eli. "While you know more than most that I don't necessarily believe in free time... I will make an exception, as to get you all accustomed to your new abilities. And as an opportunity for some of you to calm down."

He glanced around the room, staring at some who had either turned their backs on him, muttered phrases to themselves, or who generally seemed to be holding back some resentment towards him. As he was doing this, he eyes stopped at a girl much younger than the others, and the authoritative expression eased into a genuinely empathetic one. "I'm sorry you were caught up in this. I have no control over who my patients are," his tone began to change back to his 'normal' one, "But I am glad there is at least one of you open to the what we can do together." He had heard reports of many hybrids evading the more incompetent grunts, and assumed they had gone for easier targets like this as a result. It was a shame, but there was nothing he could do about it now.

Melissa continued standing next to Antoine, increasingly uneasy being around her work and having to listen to his lecture. "I need a moment," she said hurriedly, and quickly walked away.

"I'll kill h-him, I'll d-do it. Never killed s-someone before, but th-there's a first time for everything." He murmured under his breath, so no one could here. While he didn't understand this sudden outburst of anger or confidence, he didn't necessarily fight it. He assumed it was from his...new form, because outright speaking in this manner was new to him. He didn't know how to kill someone, as the anger settled and the logistics set in.

He was mostly concerned about the part involving his pokemon. Motivation? Who does this guy think he is? Like a crashing wave, his emotions changed from calm and reasonable to downright furious at this scientist. He looked at the girl next to him, who assumed was an assistant, hurry away. She seemed to be an actual human with remorse, not Giratina in the form of a man. But once more, he calmed down, as being angry or non-compliant would get him no where, yet he dared not speak, for he didn't trust himself, or this new version of himself. Not yet...

The Dark Fairy

Previously Eliiiscool
Eli sat down on his bed, looking over at the scientist, pausing for a moment, not having really expected this answer, finally ending up with something to say “Thank you Dr Antoine, for the break that is, it was more than I was expecting honestly.” He closed his eyes and exhaled, while the others had just woken up like this today, it was still shocking for him every time he looked in the mirror, and he was starting to get worn out, though thankfully he now had company.