• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

PokeDex Attack Combos or Added Effects

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Might as well make this topic now so we can get all the info together sooner than later.

A few days ago me, El, and Nem tried to figure out what all the different Attack combos were (ie. Defense Curl doubling Rollout's power, Gust/Twister doing double damage to a Flying Pokemon, etc.) but there were a few we questioned and probably others we missed altogether. This includes any attacks that have extra effects not listed in-game too, even if they're not combo-related.

Anyways, let's try to figure them all out here. I think what was stumping us the most was which Fire-attacks defrost a Pokemon, may it be the user, opponent, or both. We were also wondering if the attacks that effect Fly also effect a Pokemon using Bounce.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

One's I can think of offhand...

- Gust/Twister doing double damage on a Pokemon using Fly
- Thunder being 100% accurate on a Pokemon using Fly
- Sky Attack being able to hit a Pokemon using Fly
- Earthquake doing double on a Digging Pokemon
- Defense Curl doubling Rollout's power

... My mind's gone blank, and I gotta go now anyways. Fill in any that you guys can think of. If you can't confirm something, post it anyways and maybe someone else can confirm it for you.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
This topic has been moved here to get an actual response, so consider this a massive bump.

And no, I wont tell you where it was originally posted. :p

Erm...I've never confirmed this myself (as far as I remember), but I think Sky Uppercut can still hit a Pokemon using Fly. I don't know about Bounce, though.

Then there's the super-well-known-it's-obvious Solar Beam only taking one turn when Sunny Day is in effect, and Thunder being 100% accurate when Rain Dance is in effect. There's also Weather Ball, which changes type depending on what weather is in effect. But those are just the obvious ones. ^_^;;

defence curl also doubles the power of ice ball
does swagger, psych up count? Getting the same attack boost without the confusion?