The tournament will be a Standard Single Battle OU Tournament, meaning you can use any Pokémon that is not listed in Smogon's Uber Tier. The format chosen will definitely be Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection. A lot of players use Shoddy Battle and would prefer it for this tournament, but we'll be sticking to Wi-Fi for this one. So if you don't have a somewhat reliable Wi-Fi Connection and a Nintendo DS with Diamond / Pearl / Platinum, don't enter. Most of the battling rules are taken from Smogon's rules, which are well renowned as the default competitive rules across most forums. Item Clause is one of the rather common clauses that is absent from this rule-set, so remember to take that into account.
Regarding any Suspect Tests currently in progress on Smogon. The Tier List will be static once this tournament has begun. So, if this tournament starts and Manaphy and/or Latias are voted upon to change their status in any way while the tournament is in progress, it will have no effect on the Tier List for this tournament. If said event happens before this tournament begins, that Tier List will prove to be the default for this tournament.
- This Tournament is a Standard OU Tournament, to be contested over Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection using the Single Battle, Level 100 stipulations.
- Sleep Clause. A player cannot put two or more different opposing Pokémon to sleep using attacks that induce sleep to opposing Pokémon.
- Evasion Clause. A player cannot increase their Pokémon's evasion stat with a move that specifically increases evasion. Items or indirect boosts do not break this clause.
- OHKO Clause. Players cannot use moves that have a chance to instantly KO opposing Pokémon. For example, Horn Drill is an illegal move to have on a Pokémon's move-set.
- Self-KO Clause. Players cannot use moves such as Explosion or Selfdestruct that force a tie. If a move that has recoil damage causes a tie, the match should be replayed.
- Species Clause. A player cannot have two of the same Pokémon on their team. For example, a player cannot have two Chatot on his or her team.
- All tiers are based on Smogon Tiers. The current status of the appropriate standard ladder will function as the prevailing tier list.
- Soul Dew Clause. The item Soul Dew is banned.
As for the matches, we're just looking for as many sign ups as possible, provided the sign ups are committed players who we can expect to get their games done quickly and on time. Whichever forum has the least players put forward to compete will set the bar. Once we know the number of players needed, we can choose our final set of competitors and organise the matches. Matches will be picked on at random, with one player from PokémonWorld facing one player from PokéCharms. The winning team will be the team who wins the most matches overall. For example, if both sides manage five competitors, the first side to win three games will be victorious.
If you wish to sign up, or you have any queries, please direct them to this topic: