• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Pokecharms: The Green Grimoire

Oooh, Cody reference! The Aipom is cool.

The Porygon Z thing was win. Just total win.

On the third chapter, baby Onix sound so cute! I can just imagine Lyni asking one slowly to get off her back. No Spoinky-back rides for you!

Heh, Middy as a Houndoom was just inevitable. I sure know it.

I wonder what I'd be…

Last edited by a moderator:
Chapitre 4: YOU CAN HAZ SHOJO ROMANCE, KTHX

"NEW APPLICANT, DOZ YOU HAZ NAME?" Asked the Porygon-Z. Even though the Eevee stood right in front of him, Database made no attempt in lowering the volume of his voice. This only further intimidated the small creature.

"...D-Delan," the Eevee whispered. Strange whirring sounds could be heard from Database as he said this. The Porygon-Z's head spun around wildly while his body bounced about. Delan backed away, now absolutely frightened by the strangeness of it all. Suddenly and quite abruptly, the Virtual Pokemon's spastic motions subsided as he calmed down.

"Subject is named Delan. Is this correct?" Database asked. His voice this time was completely different; Quiet, gentle and almost feminine, yet it did not seem to actually harbor any form of emotion.

"Uh, yes?" Delan replied weakly.

"Subject is an Eevee. Is this correct?"

"Yes." the Eevee replied. Once again a long whirring sound reverberated from the Porygon-Z as it processed the data. His head resumed a wildly spinning action, though his body remained steadily afloat. At last, the Pokemon's head gave off a brief ringing sound as though it were a pink wind chime hanging in the air.

"CONGRATULATIONZ! A NEW RECRUIT IZZ YOU!" Database announced. Delan jumped back in shock as the Porygon-Z previously resonant voice returned to it. The Virtual Pokemon did a sort of jig while floating in place as he gave off sounds of cheers and applause. "PLEASE PROCEED TO TEH ARMORY NOW FOR YER BASIC KIT, KTHX!" He cried out once again, his head directing the Eevee towards the main lobby.

"Th-thank you," Delan told him nervously. Not wanting to stay another moment with such an odd Pokemon, the Eevee raced off. Database looked fleetingly at the small creature, then turned back to the next applicant he was about to bewilder.

Such a strange creature, was that thing really a Pokemon?! Delan thought to himself as he wandered aimlessly into the crowd. Despite knowing exactly where he was supposed to be headed, his experiences with Database had left him quite dazed and distracted. He wanted to further reflect on the strange encounter, but as he did he found himself inadvertently colliding into another Pokemon. Without even looking, Delan was already apologizing profusely. "Ah! I'm really sorry," he said as he rubbed his forehead. Looking at the Pokemon he had carelessly bumped into, the Eevee was taken by surprise at her appearance.

The Pokemon was covered from head to tail in beautiful Lavender fur. She stood on four paws much like the Eevee did, but was taller and sleeker in appearance. Her tail was long and slender, but seperated into two tips that wagged every which way. Her face revealed large, violet eyes as brilliant as gemstones while a ruby red jewel sat neatly on her forehead. She also had pointed ears and equally pointy tufts of fur at the sides of her face. This creature was a Pokemon very familiar to Delan; for like his mother, she was among several species that could evolve from the Eevee family of Pokemon. Like his mother, she too was also Espeon.

"Its fine," said the Pokemon. She chuckled softly as she, too rubbed her forehead. "It seems I was deep in thought, much like yourself," She explained. Espeons were among several Pokemon gifted with extrasensory abilities. They were particularly skilled in telepathy and mind-reading.

"O-oh, you read my..." Without even finishing his sentence, Delan blushed.

"I'm sorry," the Espeon said. "I imagine you think I'm rather rude for reading another Pokemon's mind. Although it really was just an accident," she explained with a weak grin on her face.

"W-well if it was just an accident, I guess it's okay. No real harm done or anything," Delan replied. He too grinned sheepishly at the Espeon.

"So, not that it's my business or anything, but you seem to be on your way to the Armory. It looks like Petey gave you quite a fright and all," she said.

"Petey?" Delan asked her.

"Oh, it's what we call Database sometimes. That Porygon-Z that registered you just now."

"So that thing really is a Pokemon," the Eevee whispered to her. The Espeon giggled at Delan's amazement. He wasn't the first Pokemon to ask her about that.

"Petey's a lot of fun once you get to know him. Although sometimes even I wonder about him, too," she told him. Suddenly, the Espeon became pensive and looked directly at Delan. "I'm sorry," she giggled. "It's just that we're talking like this and I haven't really introduced myself. And since I know your name now and all..." the Espeon patted a paw on her head in embarrassment. "You can call me Sami," she told him. "Listen, I feel kind of bad for reading your mind accidentally, so how about I make it up to you and come with you to the Armory? The fact is that the instructions they give newbies aren't as detailed as they should be. If you're not travelling in a group you're bound to get lost," she explained.

Delan blushed again. He wasn't too keen on getting help from strangers, especially ones as pretty as Sami. Pretty?! Why am I thinking about that?! he screamed in his mind. He shook his head as he tried not to think about it too much.

"I'm flattered you think I'm pretty," Sami said cheerfully. Delan's heart leapt at the Espeon's statement.

"Y-you read my mind again?"

"No, it's written all over your face, so to speak," she told him matter-of-factly. The little Eevee sat there absolutely bewildered by such a revelation, then bowed his head in shame. Sami giggled at his consecutive expressions as she found them quite comical. "I think you'll make it here just fine, Delan," she said with a smile. Absolutely embarrassed, the Eevee whispered a polite 'thank you' without looking at the Espeon.

"But if we don't get you to the Armory, your definitely going to be late for the test," Sami told him.

"Y-yeah," Delan stuttered. That's right, he thought to himself. I have to pass this test; I need to become a member of this guild. Putting his shame behind him, the Eevee followed Sami as she led him towards the gigantic entrance into the main lobby.

w00t. Just in time to save it from Page 2. Short chapter is shooorrrtttt because I moved the second half of it into Chapter 5 and Chapter 5 might become Chapter 6 as a result xP

I already told you while I was editing, but I loved it! ^^

PMD Data was absolutely win and I already want to huggle PMD Sami to death. XD

Epic win yet again, can't wait to read/edit more! ^^

If it were possible to summarize in one word, I'd say "niiiiiiiiiiiice." The Pixeity cameo was charming, and I think that Espeon suited her nicely. Albeit, the mind reading was creepy, but meh.

Another fine chapter to be added to the memory vault...along with Data's random outburst of insanity XD Just keep it up, like always.

Gahhh

I love your writing. It's just awesome. Like, incredibly awesome xD
Died at "NEW APPLICANT, DOZ YOU HAZ NAME?" and totally loved the Sami reference.

This is shaping out to be a great story, and I can't wait for more ^^

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Pffff I totally loved this chapter, RX. XD

That part with Data was total, epic win. He was asking kinda obvious questions and stuffs, but I can't blame him when he's a totally glitch'd Pokemon that's artificially created by humans. Totally digging how his voice suddenly changed from EPICALLY LOUD to softer and quieter then EPICALLY LOUD AGAIN. :DDDD

The part with Sami was awesome. I wasn't quite expecting her to be an Espeon, but as that Pokemon looks closest Spriteon, I can sees. And I loves how she keeps reading Delan's mind and stuffs.

Data is awesome, as usual and as expected. :p

Didn't expect to see Sami in this early, though. Excellent choice to represent her, and a nice situation for the pair to meet there too :)

Keep it up!

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Yey! New chapter of goodness!

Data was awesome again, you really have captured him very well and Sami = win. Methinks you portrayed her very well too, Espeon is perfect for her

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
MOAR PLZ.

I honestly cannot think of anything else to say that I didn't say earlier. Database is absolutely fantastic, and I frelling /love/ him.

I'm agreeing with everyone else when I say that Sami as an Espeon was a perfect cameo fit. :3 Data is awesome as usual, and I always found myself giggling every time I read his lines. XD

Poor little Delan and his mind being read, well at least Sami is there to the rescue to take him to the Armory..I wonder what the test will be like...

I can't wait for the next chapter RX ^^

I already said this in chat but I think I'll say it here too. NICE JOB RX ^^ This chapter was amazing. Description was great, characters were hilarious...I can't wait until the next update.

A NEW RECRUIT IZZ YOU

XD, that was my favorite line.

Kyaaaaa new chapter yay :D

Even if I'm the most behind to notice it, I suppose.

Even if it's short it really is a nice chapter, and seems to flesh out Delan a bit more, considering he now gets a name and has a nice little convo with Sami, who you represented fabulously as an Espeon~

Can't wait for you to make another, but dun rush if you has moar important things to do :3

Gaaah, me unobservant. I really like this. Really.

Of all the winnage characters here, my love for the...odd people have me adoring Databse.

"NEW APPLICANT, DOZ YOU HAZ NAME?"

LOL.

Chapitre 5: Sami's Back! :D

Sami and Delan made their way into the main hall and could hear the echoes of Pokemon chatting around within it. Paying no heed to the other Pokemon and their respective businesses, the duo instead took a moment to admire the main hall which was noticeably bathed in a glow of splendor. Although it seemed that Sami herself was a well-versed member of the Charms Guild, she was as much in awe of the main hall's appearance as her Eevee accomplice was. For, while the Guild entrance was made to be large and intimidating, the main hall was conversely designed to be large and attractive. A row of finely intricate, alternating arches and columns formed the foundation of the hallway. Between them were doors of different shapes and sizes with a myriad of glyphs and patterns adorned on their surfaces. Each door would no doubt lead the guild's members to more hallways and additonal, smaller rooms that made up the guild. The doors themselves were neatly framed by walls so smooth and lustrous that they couldn't be simple bricks layered one atop the other. The floors were tiled with smooth and shining cream-colored marble and each tile in turn was emblazoned with a brilliant green floral pattern. Indeed, the materials that went into the main hall were so luxurious that it was a wonder any Pokemon would have the taste to construct such a marvel of architecture with equally marvelous resources. It was certainly evidence that the Charms Guild was at the forefront of Pokemon ingenuity and credit to its visionary guildmaster.

"That's Alex for you. When he makes an entrance, he makes an entrance; with shiny stones and crystals no less," Sami whispered to herself.

"You seem surprised by all this," Delan noted at Sami's expression.

"Well," Sami explained. "I've been gone for a fair bit, and it would appear the guild made all these renovations in my absence. Although the doors should be able to lead us where I think they should be leading us," she said weakly. The Espeon pointed towards a door at the farthest end on the right side of the hallway. "That should still be the way to the Lift. The Armory's on the lower levels of the guild and we'll need to take it to get there."

"But that means it's underground," Delan replied. "Is the guild seriously that big?" he said, astounded by the thought.

"We're a fairly popular guild after all, at least around here," Sami told him. "I think the Bulbagarden Archives even have us listed as one of the top guilds in the region, though I imagine that might have something to do with all the sponsors and financial stuff." Sami appeared pensive when she said this, though soon dismissed it in favor of resuming their current endeavor. "Shall we?" she remarked as she took a few steps ahead of Delan, nodding her head towards their destination. The Eevee gave a quick nod in reply and followed her.

As they walked across the hallway, a noticeable silence fell over the groups of Pokemon within the main hall. Several were rather interested in the pair and conversed amongst themselves in hushed tones. Others seemed to find their presence amusing enough to whisper excitedly to one another. Whatever the reason for all the attention they were getting, it only made Delan considerably more tense than he already was. To have a complete stranger learn almost everything about you, only to have them guide you through some strange, unfamiliar place was certainly something one should not take lightly. But somehow, the Eevee could relax for even just a tiny bit in the knowledge that his acquaintance was an Espeon. Sami seemed nice enough, and more than anything, her resemblance to someone he knew was uncanny. Although the feeling he got from her was something reminiscent of his mother, Delan knew well enough that it wasn't real. It was a painful reminder that he kept in his heart, for the truth was that the Eevee had not seen his mother or father for over a year now. The memories of the fateful day in which his life had gone awry were firmly engraved in his mind. It was something that gave him the determination to pursue things he never would have thought possible. It was the very reason he came to this guild and was his resolve for seeking its membership.

"OH MY GOSH SAMIIIIIIIIIIIIIII," cried a voice. It rang through the hallway for all to hear, and threw Delan wildly out of his thoughts.

"What on-" he wanted to say, but before he could finish, a cyan blur whooshed past him and knocked Sami to the floor. Delan gasped at the sudden attack and turned to her, only to find that the strange blur was actually a Pokemon, and it was now jumping madly around the Espeon on the floor. The Pokemon's smooth fur was a cool shade of blue that shined as brlliantly as the tiles of the hallway. Its paws were darker in color and looked as though they were dipped into a bowl of crushed Oran berries. It had long, pointed ears that were shaped like diamonds and on its forehead were neatly combed bangs. Two long locks of fur were on either side of its face; their sheen and flow gave them the appearance of crystals or prisms and the Pokemon's tail was similar in shape. Although unfamiliar to the Eevee, this Pokemon was one of the seven species that he could eventually evolve into.

"YOU'RE BAAAACCCCKKKKKK," the Glaceon shrieked in excitement as it trotted happily around Sami. Though she was tackled to the ground only moments ago, the Espeon was also quite excited to see a familiar face.

"Belle," Sami replied ecstatically. "It's so good to see you again," she said with a wide grin on her face. The two jumped into each other's arms and did a sort of clumsy waltz as they spun around madly giggling. Delan sat where he was, somewhat confused by the turn of events but more shocked at the odd manner in which the two greeted each other. Unbeknownst to him, tackling a fellow guild member was a well-known sign of affection and the most honored of greetings. The stronger the assault, the better. It is notable that the larger, heavier Pokemon were thought of as being very affectionate as a result.

Delan glanced around worriedly, but it did not seem like the commotion attracted too much attention from the crowd. Those who were whispering before went on their way in a casual haste, and some gave away a mild chuckle in response to the scene before them. Just then, a door from the right side of the hallway swung open, and a large blue Pokemon emerged excitedly out of the Library. "So I heard Sami's back," the Marshtomp said happily. The Espeon shrieked ecstatically in response.

"PHEO!" Sami cried out. The Espeon ran over to her good friend and gave him a compulsory assault of affection. "It feels so awesome to be back," she told him as she helped the Marshtomp up to his feet.

"I can imagine," Pheo said with a chuckle. "Did you just get here today?"

"Yup, I didn't think I'd make it to see today's initiation exams, but I decided not to stop by the town for a break and to just head straight here," Sami told him as she raised a paw triumphantly. A low gurgling sound was suddenly heard and the Espeon grinned at this.

"So I see," Pheo chuckled even more. "You should probably go get some food in the cafeteria. I'll get everyone together and we can all hear about how your training went."

"Sounds tempting, but I think I'll just grab an apple down by the armory. I just remembered I have something to do down there."

"Oh good," Pheo said matter-of-factly. His smile widened at hearing this. "There's a nice surprise waiting for you there. You two should really enjoy it."

"You two?" Sami wondered.

"Well, I should get back to the library now," Pheo told her. He placed both fins behind his head and did not show any plans on spoiling the surprise. "On duty and all. I'll let Carmen know when she gets back from the nursery with Middy," he said with a wink.

"Okay then, I'll see you guys later," Sami waved to the Marshtomp and turned towards Belle and Delan. "Oh right, I haven't introduced you two to each other."

"So who's this little cutie you got here with you?" Belle asked as she eyed the Eevee curiously. Delan blushed at the aspect that he might be cute. Seeing him do this only made the Glaceon squee with delight. "Aren't you just adorable, though?" she told him happily.

"This is Delan, he'll be taking the exams today," Sami told her. "And right now, we really should be getting him to the armory." Belle's ears perked when Sami said this.

"Oooh, so you guys are heading down there," she said as her tail wagged incessantly. "Mind if I join you two? I just remembered there's something down there I need to take care of."

"If you're free then that'd be great," Sami said excitedly. Delan wasn't as enthusiastic about it though. He already felt as though there was some sort of thick wall between him and everyone else in the guild, and the Glaceon's presence only fortified it. "So, Delan. This Glaceon here is Belle, she's a good friend of mine," Sami told him.

"U-uh, yeah, it's nice to meet you," Delan said. No longer sure of what to do, he bowed courteously. His cheeks were still pink from blushing.

Belle inched closer to his face and placed both her paws against his cheeks. "You are just...so...cute!" she said adoringly.

"Isn't he though?" Sami mused in.

"I wish I had a little brother just like him," Belle replied. At this point, her paws moved from his cheeks down to his shoulders as she hugged him tightly. "He's so absolutely adorable!"

"I know, right?" the Espeon replied. Quite suddenly, she too joined the Glaceon in hugging the little Pokemon and the three clumsily scuttled about as Delan tried to escape the Guild members' adoration.

Good grief, the Eevee thought to himself. What the heck am I signing up for?

Poor Delan, it's just like joining 'charms in real life, like you're trying to forcefully elbow your way into a centuries old clique.

Just how many more cameo's are you going to be doing in this? I think I can take a guess at who will be down in the armoury, but I'm likely to be wrong.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Awesome, awesome, awesome. Totally loving this chapter and all the little references, such as Bulbagarden and Sami's absence. It just completes the perfectness. Belle was so like Belle, you really are the master of putting everyone's traits and personalities into their
characters.

I was laughing through this part:

'Unbeknownst to him, tackling a fellow guild member was a well-known sign of affection and the most honored of greetings.'

It's so true. Tackleglomping goodness XD

Anyway, awesome chapter again. Can't wait for the next chapter and some armoury antics.

Golly, that is so totally Belle XD No offense to her if she would take offense by me saying this, by the way >>

I just love this chapter, and I am liking Delan a lot, if only because of his apparent shyness~

I can't wait to see what this so-called surprise in the armoury is~ IS IT A COOKIE? I BET IT IS : D

XD

Nice chapter RX, you've captured charms excellently.

Also, in the first paragraph you made a typo. hakkways indeed.

Random tacklehugs for the win XD

-wiggs out accordingly to the awesome of this chapterrrr-
This is, like, the single greatest reunion I have ever read in my short lief.
And when Sami gets back it's going to be EXACTLY LIKE THAT.
and
and
aannnnnnnnnnnnnduhhhhhhhh...
asfgsdhggfhsgf
I can't express in words the glee and giddiness I get from reading this chapter over and over and just, I dunno, but I love it. Love it :D
I loved it before
but
now it's just like iono but I love it to tiny bits and pieces and back

YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES
EPICSAMIANDBELLETACKLEGLOMPREUNION!

I just love how you took real-life 'Charms and applied it to your Guild, it makes it as if we all participated in some "dress-up-as-pogeymanz-and-go-on-some-ossum-adventure" type thing. It makes it seem so real

Great chapter like always, RX. KEEPITUP...or else >;O

I said it before while I was going through the proofing with you. I was giggling like mad for almost the entirety of the chapter. I absolutely loved the fact that the more violent and forceful the hugtackleglomp was, the more it meant as a sign of love. XD

I love the fact that you are pretty much getting everything so spot on to how Charms would really act if were existed in the PMD universe. Either way, I can't wait till more Charms members are shown and we see how the rest of the guild operates! Delan has some big adventures ahead of him before he even gets to go on a mission. :3

Aaaahhh..

I love your writing, y'know that? I really really do.

You capture everyone perfectly.

And Belle, the reunion will be like that, but EIGHTY TIMES BETTAR.

Maybe. I hope.

Anyway, awesomesauce writing ^^

...Oh god, this is awesome xD

WE SHALL TACKLEGLOMP SAMI LIKE WE HAVEN'T TACKLEGLOMPED BEFORE, KTHX.

Keep writing, RX! ^^

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
How many people are going to be Eeveelutions in this guild? XD

Well, I can't say that I'm surprised about Belle's personallity or the glomping.

Your description of the interior of the guild was really nice; it was so detailed I could totally imagen what it would be like to be in there. To be honest, I would be rather frightened because big rooms/places scare me.

Poor Delan, though, being huggled like that and wondering what the heck is going; I wonder how crazy he'll become after he's been in the guild for about a year or so.

Aww...the tackle-glomp between Pixeity and Belle was adorable! I wonder what the Espeon-Sami was away for...

Heh, I love the Bulbagarden reference!

Chapitre 6: And Believe me I am Still Alive

The Lift was quite the mechanical marvel, at least to Delan. Having lived in a small village without any need for multi-story flooring, he certainly wouldn't have come across one before. Its large doors were made of a shining golden alloy, while its walls, ceiling and floor were all made of thick sheets of glass. Written all over each pane were series of white, translucent symbols that the Eevee could slightly make out. They appeared to be based on the traditional system of writing, though each character was distinctly loopier and was accompanied by dots and smaller symbols. Behind the walls of glass, he could see large golden mechanisms. Within every surface of the small room brilliant gears and elaborate discs rotated and ground against each other, creating a mellow ticking rhythm. Belle rather enjoyed the tune it played and listened to it quietly. Sami on the other hand looked all around her and was amazed at the mechanical complexity of the Lift.

"Alex certainly did a number on the Lift" the Espeon said. "Last time I was here, this whole thing was just made of metal. But all this new gadgetry," she placed a paw against a wall and stroked it gently. "Is Alex planning to replace everything with the Terminal's system?"

"I wouldn't know anything about that," Belle told her. "But he did recently announce some renovations. Personally I wouldn't mind if we did integrate the portal system to get to the lower floors. It all looks so pretty."

"System? What's that supposed to mean?" asked Delan. Belle and Sami both looked at their companion. They were slightly surprised yet at the same time amused by his enthusiasm. It did not seem that he was too keen on conversing with them, but the fact was that he was very interested in all of this. If he were to somehow make it into the guild, he may as well know how everything worked.

"So I see you're interested in all this?" Sami said with a grin.

"Cool, isn't it?" said Belle as she gestured at the room's interior. "This Lift uses the same mass transport system used by the Pokemon trading companies," she explained.

"Mass Transport System?" Delan blinked.

"Around a decade ago, Pokemon used to get large quantities of resources transported using Water Pokemon and Flying Pokemon as couriers," Sami mused in. "Flying Pokemon like the Pelippers and Pidgeys could deliver items from town to town, while the larger Water Pokemon like the Waillords and Lapras acted as ferries to deliver goods across the ocean and towards other islands too far away for Flying Pokemon to reach."

"Well, I know a bit about that," Delan said as he blushed. "I've used the Pelipper Postal Service from time to time."

"True, those Pokemon were really dependable and worked hard to ship goods from place to place. But recently, the Psychic Pokemon have developed a revolutionary new way for mass transport," Sami told him. "Basically it makes use of a Psychic Pokemon's natural ability to instantly transfer its body from one point to another. You know, teleportation? Well for mass transport, it's simply a matter of focusing enough Psychic energy in an area so that Pokemon can teleport themselves along with anything else that is encapsulated in that field of Psychic energy," she continued. After hearing her explanation, the Eevee blinked again. His ear twitched slightly at the barrage of unfamiliar terms that suddenly assaulted him. Sami chuckled at his confused state, while Belle hugged him affectionately as though to comfort him.

"I know it's a lot to think about," the Glaceon told him. "But don't worry, it's nothing you have to really wrap your head around," she said as she hugged him tighter. "You are just an adorable, sweet little kid and you shouldn't have to worry about things like that." At this point, Belle was already cuddling him intensely. Delan attempted to escape before the Glaceon could burn a spot on his head from the fierce shower of affection, but to no avail.

"The only thing you really need to know is that it's perfectly safe," Sami told him. "Well, as far as long distances go anyway. The focus of Psychic Energy and its sudden transfer to such a short distance could probably cause an explosion from such a sudden release," she mumbled to herself. Such an insight would probably scare anyone who was experiencing the mass transport system for the first time. Fortunately, The Espeon's words were drowned out by Belle's squealing and Delan's pleas for her to restrain herself. "Now, if the Lift works just like the Terminal, then a vocal command should work," she told herself. "Armory, Basement Third Floor, if you please!" she called out.

Suddenly, the glass chamber they were in began to shake violently. The tremors allowed Delan to free himself from Belle as he looked all around him in surprise. The golden gears behind the glass surfaces of the Lift were now rotating madly; their mellow clicking replaced with a high pitched whistle. On the glass panes, the white symbols were glowing fiercely with a shade of violet. The Eevee yelped as he noticed that the symbols were beginning to move across the glass. They scurried about and then began to cluster together at first, then grouped themselves together to form a long line that slithered across the panes in a serpentine motion. All the while, the whistling noises of the Lift began to fade away as a loud, whooshing sound followed. Now completely bewildered, the Eevee looked wildly towards his fellow Pokemon. "Wh-what's going on?" he asked them.

However, unlike him they were rather relaxed about this whole situation. Sami ,in fact, was giggling lightly as though she had been tickled. "Relax, Delan," was all Belle could tell him as their trip was going to be a rather short one.

After a few moments, the whooshing sounds gave way to a brief but equally loud thud. The eerie whistling of the Lift's gears began to subside and the mechanisms reverted back to their quiet ticking. The symbols on the glass however, had now completely rearranged themselves. As the last few lines scurried into place, the chamber's purple glow slowly disappeared. Just as everything within the room, the Eevee included, finally calmed down, a bell from nowhere chimed softly to indicate that they had arrived at their destination. The doors slid open quietly, and Belle and Sami promptly exited. Delan, on the other hand looked carefully at his feet and was a bit nervous of making a step forward. With some effort, he managed to step out of the chamber, though to him his paws felt as though they had rocks tied to them.

"You alright there, Delan?" Sami asked the small Pokemon. She was already a considerable distance away from him, though had only been casually walking the entire time. The Eevee could not reply for some reason. It was as though most of his organs climbed their way up to his throat and were stuck there. Belle placed a paw on his head and patted him gleefully.

"You'll get used to it," Belle told him with a grin. Delan rather hoped he wouldn't have to. But then he realized that he'll have to take the Lift to get back to the main lobby. Groaning slightly, the Eevee decided he may as well just deal with it later. He then realized that they were now making their way across a tunnel that for whatever reason did not seem as pleasing to the eye as any of the other chambers of the guild he had seen thus far. It was a simple tunnel carved into the earth, forming a lumpy and imperfect archway. The only things that were remotely of note were the torches that lit the path, and the metal carvings that plastered them to the wall. Much like the decor of the main lobby, they were sculpted to resemble a plant with looping vines.

As they came to the end of the tunnel, Delan saw the very thing he thought the floor sorely lacked. Standing steadfast before them was a large gate that now seemed to be a traditional form of doorway for all of the guild's chambers. As with all the other barricades the Eevee had seen up to now, it had a flurry of markings and enigmatic symbols carved and plastered all over it. To either side of each massive door were a series of gears, chains and assorted, smaller mechanisms lined as high as the gates themselves. As spectacular as it was, Delan had more than his share of surprises today and no longer felt the need to gape and awe in amazement. Instead he said this, "Your Guildmaster certainly has a thing for huge, foreboding and marvelously ornate doorways."

"That he does, and we love him for it," replied Sami. The Espeon trotted over to the side of the gates and towards the long series of mechanisms next to it. Finding a long wooden lever amidst the gears and springs, she jumped up onto it in an attempt to pull it down. As she did, the cogs and sprockets began to turn one after another as the gates' mechanisms sprung noisily to life. The gates grunted and creaked, gears beside them rotated slowly as the doorway lurched inward; a crack between the doors revealing a bright light coming from within.

"Anyone home?" shouted Belle. Delan looked at her for a moment then stared back at the entrance as it slowly revealed an enormous and brightly lit chamber.

"Oh wow," gasped Delan. He had thought nothing would amaze him now, but the sight before him had to be one of the most wondrous things he had seen at this point. Sami chuckled at his reaction, very much aware that he was holding in any feeling of surprise or marvel up until that point.

"I have to admit, the Armory's certainly one of the neatest places in this guild," the Espeon said with a grin.

The Armory was larger than the gates that secured it. It was a huge rounded room, though the walls had a jagged surface where stubborn lumps of rock jutted out, unwilling to be completely smoothened when the chamber had been hollowed out by the guild's architects. The room's lighting came from the hundreds of crystals growing out of the ceiling. Several of the luminous shards even protruded from portions of the wall. Every so often, they would all simultaneously change color, slowly shifting between hues of red, blue, green and yellow. The chamber was lined with several platforms at varying levels, though in proportion to the room, they looked more like gigantic shelves to Delan than actual floor levels. As Sami approached one of them, he could see the stark difference in size between her and the 'shelves' of the room, making her seem even tinier than the smallest Diglett in comparison. He then noticed strange machines working at the ends of each 'shelf.' They were similar in appearance to that of the Armory's gates though several chains connected to the system would rise and fall as they were fed through a series of sprockets and cogs. Each chain was then connected the corner of a smaller platform that would rise and bob along with them. Delan figured this moving platform was how smaller Pokemon could access the higher levels of the Armory. On each and every platform of the room were a variety of objects. The crystals' lighting seemed to give each of them a rather marvelous and wondrous appearance to the young Eevee. On one very long platform, a myriad of berries were organized into several baskets based on their color. On the giant shelf directly above it was a huge pile of strange metal objects the little Pokemon could not identify. Lined neatly next to them were several long and thinner metals, while at the very end of the platform sat column upon column of what looked to be scarves of every color, pattern and design. The Eevee looked all around him, seeing items and objects he could not recognize at all, alongside a vast collection of foods, cloth and other resources. Their vibrant colors, coupled with the busy movements of the machinery and the quiet color-changing of the crystal lighting made it seem as though the whole chamber was alive.

"AAAAAARRRRRRREEEXXXXXXXX," called Belle, completely oblivious to the splendor of the Armory and its wares. She, as a veteran member of the guild had seen it almost every day, and though she did enjoy going there, her interest for its inventory had lessened considerably.

"This is just," began Delan. He spun around clumsily in an effort to take it all in. "All this...stuff.....and in here....and those things....going up and down.....the shelf things....and just look at the ceiling...and...the crystal things...and...and...wow...just wow," he stuttered. The flurry of emotions he felt after seeing this place was enough to weaken his legs. He would certainly have collapsed, were it not fortunately for the emotion of surprising alarm being the sort of feeling that could invigorate one's limbs to perform the action of jumping in response to its assault on one's psyche. The assault on Delan's psyche in this instance came in the form of a very unexpected and rather sudden appearance of an unknown body, who had unexpectedly and rather suddenly appeared several inches in front of his face.

"Oh, aren't you just the sweetest thing!" said the unknown body as it began to materialize in front of the Eevee. As expected, Delan was very much invigorated and leapt several inches into the air before landing on the ground and crawling his way over to Belle. The two watched as the strange creature began to reveal itself. It was rather short, no taller than Delan, and was mostly green in color. On its belly was a red stripe that zigzagged across the creature's torso. It had two rows of yellow spines that trailed from its head down to its back. The creature's round eyes zipped every which way, surveying its surroundings, before finally focusing on the two Pokemon before it.

"Jey!" Belle said happily. The Pokemon grinned in response as the last bits of her tightly curled tail revealed itself.

"Hey there, Belle," Jey said. "And Sami, it's nice to see you back, too," she called over to the Espeon as her eyes shifted towards the direction of the platforms. Sami was about to ride one of the rising platforms when Jey's sudden appearance had her running back.

"Jeydis, my favorite little Kecleon," Sami said happily as she sprinted over to them. "Why were you hiding there?"

Jeydis giggled and stuck out her tongue. "Just wanted to surprise you guys, I guess. Though we were the ones who were surprised when we saw you coming in. It has been a while after all." she told her. The Kecleon's eyes then shifted over to Belle and Delan's direction. "Speaking of which, who's this? A younger sibling of yours?" she asked. The Eevee's ears twitched as he blushed over his previous actions. "Oh, I'm sorry," Jeydis told him. "I must have scared you, huh?"

"That's okay," Belle told her. "He's just as adorable when he's surprised!" As if on cue, the Glaceon resumed her tight grip on Delan's neck and shoulders.

"This is Delan; and no, he's not my little brother," Sami chuckled. "Although I wouldn't mind it if he was." The Eevee's face then turned a darker shade of red at this remark. In response, Belle began to shake him around affectionately. "He's a new recruit," the Espeon explained.

"Ah, so you'll be needing a basic kit for the test then," Jeydis remarked. Her eyes surveyed their surroundings in search of the item. "Oh, guess I gave the last one away. No problem, RX's up on the top shelf getting another batch ready." Suddenly, Sami and Belle's ears perked up at hearing Jeydis's words. However, before they could react, a voice from one of the moving platforms called down towards them.

"Honestly, what possessed me to alphabetize these items, and to organize it such that the first letters go on the top shelf?" groaned an orange Pokemon loudly as he heaved several squarish bags off the platform. He smiled silently as Sami looked straight at him. "Hey there," he said matter-of-factly.

The events that followed were rather emotional for several characters, though as this story is partially an attempt at comedy, we shall instead simply describe the scene as this: After not seeing each other for quite some time, Sami proceeded to tackleglomplufflesindramaticslowmotionthenresumingnormalsspeedrunningjumpflyingkickswithlove RX.

Many thanks to Pheo for being ossumsauce

You know.... I am starting to really really really really wish I actually lived in this world and was the portrayal that you have made of me. Each new aspect that you show us of the Guild and the many buildings and systems is absolutely fabulous. The elevator system is quite intriguing and the layout of the Armory seems fantastic.

Also... I loved how much Belle was pretty much suffocating Delan with affection nearly the entire time! XD

Also... that was quite possibly the best last sentence I have ever seen a chapter end with. :3

I eagerly await with baited breath for the next installment of GG. ^^

This is so adorable, I'm dying here :'D
I love the description of the Lift, it sounds so wonderful~
I kinda want to see it with all the color and magic and such~
And the armory, it sounds so beautiful and amazing, I really want to see it appearing more often

I want that Armoury to be real, it sounds simply wonderful. As is to expected, a spiffing chapter with great description and marvelous character inter-action. Also, congratulations on having one of the weirdest, but most accurate, sentances XD

Someone BADLY needs to change the chat topic to BelleXDelan now, or something.

Fantastic as usual, RX. Worth the wait as ever ^^

At this point, Belle was already cuddling him intensely. Delan attempted to escape before the Glaceon could burn a spot on his head from the fierce shower of affection, but to no avail.

That was funny and I love you for that ^^

The last sentence was awesome as well, like Pheo said, one of the best I have ever seen xD

Simply can't wait for more ^^

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Someone BADLY needs to change the chat topic to BelleXDelan now, or something.

Code:
* Database has changed the topic to: Shipping.com - Wii Support BellexDelan
It is done. :p

I have to say, I love Jeydis's Kecleon self. However, in my opinion, she was overshadowed by the awesome tackle-glomp of BelleXRX.

With my luck, I'll (if I even get featured) probably be a Quilava. XD

Rex

Resident Furry
Is it worth getting yelled at to compliment this...? I think so!

There is so much detail put into every little scene, it is very easy to imagine them as they play out. From what I've seen since I came here every character is an exact replica of their 'Charms selves... I love how Data speaks, out of all the characters he has got to be the funniest so far...

Oh! and I know I said I'd check tomorrow, but I lied... So, nice job so far!

Very nice RX I am enjoying what you have so far.

I like how you managed to portray everyone so far both as a pokemon and how they act in general. I cant wait to see more ^ ^

Keep up the good work

I like what you have currently written, RX. The idea is perfect, your writing style portays the scenes superbly, and I just hope almost everyone can appear in the ficcy, though that might be a little hard. BUT WOULDN'T WE ALL LOVE TO SEE A GIANT BLASTOISE COME INTO THE FICCY *Ahem* I mean, keep up the good work RX!