• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

PokeCharms Sprite Contest~!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
The results will be posted when the judges are ready to post them, not before and not because of your impatience. Warned.

Quashie said:
fp566c.png

Kay. So, that's my entry and stuffs~
(She's supposed to be a shiny Gyrados. Not a Magicarp. x3)

EDIT:
Changed my entry. Is that okay? ^_^;

STOLEN.
From me.
Proof:
http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/39431/t1455810-pokemon-platinum-spriting-contest-version-4-1-theme-emotions-due-20th/4.htm#58
I have at least six different variations of this trainer, showing her transformation from a (very poorly made) trainer into a well made trainer, and finally into a cosplayer, if you need proof. At any rate, it was stolen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Greetings, folks.

Sorry about the huuuuuuge delay ... both RX and I have been incredibly busy what with several varied going-ons, such as festive things, and, just ... y'know. A life away from the computer. ^^;

I hope to soon confer with RX and get the results for our contest up soon - before next Friday, hopefully, if RX can manage.

Thanks for your patience, friends :>

~Tun ♥​

Heeeeeeey guys <33

I spoke to RX on chat last night, and we hath decided the winner ...

Trainer J!
Congrats, TJ :>

This weeks' judge is sort of a newcomer to the Pokecharmsian art field, but she has already gained lots of respect, love and comments from many acclaimed artists (including RX himself)~! This week it issssss ...

Kasumi-Slater!

Us two will be judging your sprites this time 'round~ ♥

This weeks' theme isssssss ...
PokeMon Using Moves!
That's right! Your task this round is to sprite a PokeMon using one of the moves it learns! :'D

You can scratch a PokeMon or just edit an existing PokeMon sprite; whichever you would prefer. :> It can be shiny or normal, too, if you want~!
(Please no backsprites/stealing the in-game moves ... or shiny volt-tackling Spearows. Kthx :>)

Here's my example ... ~!
9u4yhl_th.jpg

DRIFLOON used SHADOW BALL!

Now it's your go~! <33

(PS: Entries to be in by Wednesday the 12th January ... thanks and bye~! <33)

~Tun ♥​

Why not give this a shot now that the competition's back up again? :>

futuresightxatu.png

Xatu used Future Sight! (And also went into the Avatar State. Yip yip!)

I'll give this a try... (took about 6-7 min, made the frame because it's untransparent)

Oddish used Razor Leaf!

oddish_used_razor_leaf_by_printscrp-d36ffgc.png

Togekiss used Aura Sphere!
togekissaurasphere.png

It's Super Effective!

I always imagined Togekiss as forming the aura sphere and then batting it with its wing :>

Psssssssssssst.

I know I said Wednesday, but I've spoken to some people who've said that they want to make a sprite, but haven't done so yet. o: I'm going to give those people (you know who you are) one extra day to sprite. :> So, like, the contest'll be closed around this time tomorrow (probably) and the results'll be up on Friday. ^^

Thanks~! ♥​

Last edited by a moderator:
Pew pew pew O:<

... I mean, uh, we have the resuuuuuults~!

The grand winner issss ...
Rex!
The runners up are Weeds, Toastie and Nim~! Congrats to you three too <33

Our new judge is one of my good friends and also a great new spriter, iiiiit's ...
Weeds!

Our new theme will beeeee
Revamps!
15rm5qo_th.jpg

Preferably with a Gen I/Gen II sprite, but I guess Gen III would be alright if you really need to :p

Deadline = Next Friday~! ♥

GO FORTH.
AND SPRIIIIITE.

~Tun <3333333​

I'd like to start by congratulating Rex; that was an excellent sprite. You desrved the victory, sincerely, congratulations! ^^

Now, I like to do revamps (it's my speciality in a way), but since I'm co-judge this time I can't participate. So Tun said it would be all right for me to post a second example here.

espeonrevamp.gif

Like so ^^
So good luck to all of you, and may the best sprite win!

~Weeds​

... Why do I get the feeling that this is past the deadline and will not count? Ah well, I'll try my luck anyway.

1zwzvi8.png

Meeeeooowww!

Erhem~

We are terribly sorry for the long delay in deciding the victor in this one, but Tun and I have come to a common winner!

This session's winner is...
Aura!
Runner-ups are Ked and Virgil, congratulations to all of you!

This new session shall be judged by Tun (of course) andd...
Rex!

The theme will be...
Characters from videogames other than Pokémon!
(Pokémon sprites may still be used)
birkinspritev2.png

(Sprite supplied by Rex)

So, congratulations Aura, Ked and Virgil, and good luck to everyone!

~Weeds​

A

Anonymous

Cookingmamasprite.png

"Try again."
Its a crappy cooking mama. (The black thing under her neck wouldn't come off.)

2w38jgw.png

Um, if it isn't too late, I'd like to volunteer this RED Scout from Team Fortress 2. (Sorry, I wasn't sure how to get a transparent background.)

Entering is now closed~! :>

Thanks for the entries, you guys and gals ♥

Results'll be up after me and Rex speak ... probably the next time I catch him on chat; which will probably be later tonight :> (results may be posted tomorrow, tho :p)

♥​

HEY!

The winner this round issssss ...
TRAVELLING OBOE!
and his Scout sprite ♥

Runners up this round are Shiny and Shocari though, so well done all of you ♥

The next judge isssss ...
DARK SOUL!

And the theme issss ...
VALENTINES DAY!
nwk1uw.jpg

That's right, just sprite anything to do with Valentines' Day :>

So go forth, and SPRITE!

(no i ttly didn't make that sprite in five seconds. >> <<)​

jpgeg0.png

Because 50% Off Chocolate Day on the next day is way better~
I would try to avoid all PokeMarts and Department Stores on the 15th...

If the 50% off chocolate day doesn't count I can make something else~

Status
Not open for further replies.