• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

PokeCharms Sprite Contest~!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to the weekly sprite contest~!
With your host, Tunduli. c:

.: With some help from Magpie, I will be running Pokecharms' new (and improved) Sprite Contest~! :.

Each week, we will hold a contest of spritery to see who will be our victor - and they get some rather nice prizes, too~!

Themes and Entries~! ♥
With each new week and each new contest comes a new theme. Themes might include things like 'Splices', 'Pre-evolutions', 'Alternate Evolutions' - basically, something new and totally random each week. :> (Well, not totally random; if a new sillhouette of a PokeMon comes out then I might ask for you to sprite what you think stands behind that black, mysterious shadow~)
Or I might add a twist! Like 'THIS SPRITE MUST BE MAINLY BLACK' or 'MUST BE IN <insertgamehere> STYLE'~! Every now and again I might even make a sillhouette of my own and ask you to sprite inside it! You never know~ ♥
An example might be:

New Eeveelutions~!
So I submit!
riu2xz.gif

Potasseon
Type: Steel
Weight: -.-- lbs
Height: -'--"
PokeDex description: _______

(except you would obviously fill it all in O: )
If we are asking for PokeMon sprites, then we would enjoy having a full 'dex entry (well, like the one above, we don't need stats/location yaddayadda), but if you can't think of one at the time, just edit it later on~! ♥
We would like most entries to be 80x80 unless specified otherwise. c:

Prizes~! ♥
Sadly, I am no magician and I cannot generate any single PokeMon that you would like </3 But~! If you win, I would happily sprite for you! :'D
Winners get a choice betweeeeeen~:
A 100x100, scratched, avatar made by yours truly~! ♥ Example 1 Example 2
Or
A 80x80 scratched sprite made by yours truly~! ♥ Example

Judging~! ♥

Every week I will bring in a new guest judge! O: They might be a spriter, an artist, a blabldjweojsx WHATEVER. Even in they don't do much artistic, I might just drag them in here anyway ♥
This week's judge issss~:
Silver Magpie~! ♥
That's right~! Ferne and I will be judging your sprites this week~! C:

Timing~? ♥
(This is Thursday, right? :V)
Winners will be announced on Thursdays, and the new theme will also be announced on this day~! You will have until Tuesday to get your sprites in, and the guest judge and I will judge them on Wednesday and some of Thursday! :3

This Weeks' Competition~! ♥
This weeks' theme will be ... ~
HGSS/DPPt Trainer Sprites~!
80x80, humans please~! :>

HALL OF FAME!
katiething.png
RinKagamineSprite.png
pichupichu.png
33a5lwj.jpg

Robo-Ky/RX, Shiny Eevee, Krysune and Indie-Reeper~!

Now, go, little ones, and sprite your way to victoryyyyy~​

name:flameareo
index.php

Type: fire/fighting
Weight: 6.34 lbs
Height: 6'70"
PokeDex description:
the ultimate fighter who
has mastered all forms
of combat, it has never
lost a battle

Last edited by a moderator:

BlackRoseJack

Formerly psy-teen

Name: Teevey
Type: Normal
Weight: 4.5 lbs
Height: 3'50"
PokeDex description: this species of pokemon are found in the cooler region where its large amount of body fur is needed most. they often make there burrows beneath the roots of trees.

(sorry about it not being transparent) glad the contest thread is back! :)

Preevee_by_doubled32.png

Preevee

The pre-evolution pokemon
ht: 0'5
wt: 5Lbs.

ability: Adaptability

Info: Preevee were born as a result to have a cuter Eevee, so basically they made a mix of perfumes, which came to be known as "Cute Inscense". It's cellular structure is stable for now, as it only has one route to go, however once it evolves, its cellular structure loses that protection it had before, opening it to radiation. In these forms, they are more playful and less powerful, but even then their evolutionary pattern is affected.

Parts used:
Shinx: Body
Eevee: Head
Pichu: Ears

Here's one I made you can see in my sprite page.

wtuoat.png

Name: Defgolemrazor
Species: Defensive pokemon.
Pokemon: Golem, Bastiodon, & Staraptor
Type: Rock/Steel
Entry: With even stats, it is known to be a pokemon that doesn't change height or weight after evolves.
Ability: Dfense. The user will start in battle with 3X the normal defense.
Height: 6'00"
Weight: 723.6 lbs.
Parts: Golem (Body)
Face (Bastiodon)
Razor (Staraptor)

No transparency. Sorry.

This little children is what's called Indie's fail sprite entry.Enjoy

3342kd2.jpg

Cyavine

the toxic root pokemon
Weight:1 tonne
Height: 2 metres 30

ability: Poison point

Info: Cyavine are vicious creatures, preffering to solitarily reside in damp caves, often inland. The base of the body mysteriously hovers above the ground, and can accelerate up to deadly speeds. The upper half is clumsy, due to its long shape, but if it lands a single bite, the prey is usually too late. The toxic mash-up of chemicals infects the wound, and victims iminently die soon after.

e6vhif.jpg

Flyessrai
The Phobia Pokémon
29o1mk1.jpg
eg8o68.png

Abilities: Illusion. It changes the appearance of the Pokémon to a different species. This is dependent on the other Pokémon in the player's party. / Bad Dreams. It causes all sleeping opponents to lose 1/8 of their maximum HP each turn.
Weight: 159.4 lbs./72.3 kg.
Height: 6'4"/193.4 cm.
'Dex Entry: It is said to have been formed by the fears of humans. When seen, it becomes that person's worst fear. It can be seen only on nights of the full moon, and rarely do they come around humans.​

2a65u8i.jpg

Razone
DARK//GHOST
The Dark Pup Pokemon
Weight : 47.6 lbs.
Height: 3'03"
RAZONE is born from the dark thoughts of humans. Some say that RAZONE will use it's two tails to decapitate people and tear them into small pieces. The cloth-like things in RAZONE's body are the energy source of the pup and once torn, RAZONE will slowly fade into blackness.​

Vietdude09, what you're doing right there is SPAM. It's a Short, Pointless and thus Annoying Message. If you have nothing proper to contribute to this thread, than please do not go about posting random comments in it. You have been warned.

>>

<<

katiething.png

Charmewtic
Psychic/Fire
Petite Pokemon
Weight: 12.7 lbs
Height: 3'02"
A small Pokemon that is incredibly rare as it seems to come from a strange dimension. It appears occasionally to bring joy to people suffering from great strife. Legends also speak of it appearing to homeless children in a village and keeping them wamr during the winter with its tail.​

My apologies for the white background, I currently don't have a program capable of making transparent ones. =/ I hope this doesn't affect anything.

mewmewpoofhamster.png

Perhoundrow (Can't think up a better name)
Dark/Electric
Honorable Pokemon
Weight: 90 lbs.
Height: 5'03"
Unlike its more malicious relatives, this Pokemon of myth was said to battle with honor and dignity. It rode upon the clouds, in search of a strong opponent as honorable as itself.​

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
... here goes nothing XD

VoltorbPoliwagJigglypuff.png

Floofbal
Dark
Tiny Ball Pokemon
Weight: 10 lbs
Height: 1'00
Although its overall size is rather small, FLOOFBAL's power should not be underestimated, as they have been known to make an entire village develope nightmares of floating balls of fluff.

Base is a Voltorb, feet/arms/ears from Jigglypuff, and mouth/tail/colors from Poliwag.

... hey I couldn't think of a better name D:

shaymanchufree.gif

WHO'S THAT POKEMON?
IT'S SHAYCHUFLY!

Shaychufly, the flying mouse pokemon.
type: Electric / Bug
Weight: 10 pounds
Height: 1.5 feet
Shaychufly normally hang around power plants and forests due to their insatiable appetite for grass and electricity. When startled they release a cloud of electrified poison powder. They also nibble on mushrooms for their nutrients, thus Paras and Parasect dislike this Pokemon immensely

30305721.gif
I guess I probably could have done better with this but oh well~

Name: Shuckbrerdrio (because I'm making this up as I write it)
Type: Flying/Rock
Species: Peck Pokemon
Weight: 45 lbs
Height: 3 ft

Shuckbrerdrio are difficult to train because of their tendency to peck anything small, including fingers and toes. They are notoriously dimwitted and have a habit of getting themselves into battles they can't hope to win. Because of this, Shuckbrerdrio have developed a thick protective shell.

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
muerta.png

Name: Muerta
Type: Dark/Steel
Species: Grim Reaper Pokemon
Weight: 350lbs
Height: 10'

Muerta's body is covered in fabric-like scales that attacks roll off. Its claws and tail blade are both made of an incredibly tough metal, and are sharp enough to cut through most things. Muerta's head is completely hollow, made of bone. Muerta is often the last sight doomed people and pokemon see before their demise.

139484057.png
or
139483983.gif

Flophorn
Ice/Flying
Ice Horn Pokemon
5 lbs
1'00"
Flophorn uses its long ears to glide with the wind. The grooves and chopped layers help it navigate. It wishes to have a large horn on its head, and as such, formed a small icicle on its forehead.​

I used Tropius for the ears, Chimecho for the head/body, and Froslass for the horn & color scheme. c:

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
Malbene.png

Name: Malbene
Type: Normal/Dark
Species: The Balance Pokémon
Height: 8 meters
Weight: 300 lbs

Malbene is in constant turmoil within itself, torn between good deeds and evil ones. They are extremely difficult and dangerous Pokémon to train for this very reason. It may obey you completely one minute and attack you the next minute. They can be found only on the highest and most isolated of mountain tops and flying high in the atmosphere.

I used Milotic, Articuno, and Golbat

Pokecharms_contest_sprite_by_Printscrp.png

Clowmy

Type: Psychic/Steel
Specie: Levitation Pokémon
Height: 50cm
Weight: 14.7 lbs
Ability: Levitate - This Pokémon is immune to Ground-type attacks, Spikes, Toxic Spikes and the Arean Trap-ability; it loses theese immunities while holding Iron Ball, after using Ingrain or if Gravity is in effect.​

Clowmy is a friendly Pokémon. It is usually seen near dark caves. Insted of crawling on it's tail/lower body, it uses it's psychic powers to levitate. The claws on Clowmy´s hands are only used when fighting in close-combat.​

Parts:
Head: Victini
Collar: Dusknoir
Lower body: Dusknoir
Arms: Scizor​

Sorry for un-transparent background...​

Late Entry. Sorry, got back from camp yesterday, was oblivious of this until now. Hope it isn't too late! :(

I know it isn't the best, because it was a quick make, but I hope it does something in the least ^_^

30ihkb7.jpg

Name: Liberclou
Species: Shadow Dream Pokemon
Pokemon: Viktini, Ambipom and Darkrai
Type: Normal/Ghost
PokeDex: It has a strange aura of itself, and it intimidates opponents with it's large tail, then strikes the opponent with its evil claw, inducing nightmares and inflicting pain.
Ability: Foreshadow-If the opponent has one or more moves that will seriously damage Liberclou, then it will make one of them only do even damage against it.
Height: 2ft
Weight: 8.9lbs
Body: Vikitini
Tail: Ambipom
Arm 1: Darkrai

EDIT: I did not know you could alter colors, so I re-colored some individual parts of the pokemon.

Entering is nowwww ...
CLOSED.
Thank you everyone for entering; Magpie and I are going to have a really hard time choosing a winner, let me tell you. :V

The winner (or, if it is a tie, winners) will be revealed tomorrow~! Just sit tight and bare with us for the results~ ^^

~Tun​

Thank you for waiting patiently, all~! (apart from Jen and Shiny. You two are so impatient! xD Here's what you two have been nagging me about for the past two days ♥) Magpie and I had an INSANELY hard time deciding. :X And the winner issssss ...

katiething.png

Robo-Ky/RX~!

As I said earlier, it was really hard to decide. D: But RX came tops; his splicing just flowed together so well. It was extremely close with Shiny, Virgil, Rain and Quashie - you four should expect a PM coming your way soon~!

Everyone who entered will get their own little medal, which I will PM to you all soon. c:

RX can PM me later today/tomorrow with what sort of sprite (80x80 or 100x100) he wants, or I'll PM him later tomorrow and ask him/give him details~

Again, congrats to everyone who entered. You all done absolutely fabulously ♥ A big thankyou to Magpie, too~! I wouldn't have been able to judge without you~! ^^ So thank you so much. :>

This week's guest judge isssss ...
LoN!
Adam and I will be judging your sprites this week. ^^

This week's theme issss ...
HGSS/DPPt Trainer Sprites!
Any trainer sprites, just so long as they're human. :V Basically freestyle trainer sprites, all 80x80 please~! ♥
An example would be:
2m6vdd1.png

(yeah not good but still :V)

SO!
Go get spritingggg~! ♥

~Tun​

Here's my entry:

Dereck_and_Pikachu_by_doubled32.png

Pokemon trainer Derick. Yes, that's a miniature Pikachu on his shoulder (I can replace him with one that doesn't have Pikachu if I have to.).

Used:
Platinum Lucas (body)
HGSS Silver (head)
Galactic grunt (ears xp)
HGSS SUpernerd (Pikachu)
the rest is paint.

Edit: Well, looks like I lost judging by the others :p

Congrats, RX!

I see some good ones in front of me!

Well, this is the best I could do!

xgc2u.jpg

Head + Torso: HGSS Beauty Trainer
Legs: Female Rocket Grunt
Cane Thingamajigger: One of the skis from the Female Snowboarder, converted into a cane for a Pokeball
Pokeball: From the Juggler, but made to look like a Great Ball
Right Arm: From the Female of the Guy and Gal Couple

30hn1qq.png

Here's what I did with the DPP Battle Girl. If this isn't what you're looking for, please feel free to not count it as an approved sprite. Or if it's not 80X80 (Not so good with changing sprite sizes)

trw.gif

I used:
Cynthia (Hair)
Will (Base)
D/P/P Lady (Skirt)
HG/SS Ace Trainer (Color scheme)
D/P/P Parasol Lady (Parasol)

BlackRoseJack

Formerly psy-teen
here's my entry... After seeing Gardenia and Lt.Surge do their part for their country Janine decided to join up as well.

yeah she also died her hair. :)

BOY AM I SLOOOWW. *puff*

Normally you two wouldn't be let in (and by that I mean Nikki and Quashie), but I guess it's my fault for not updating. xP

The sprite contest is nowwww ...
CLOSED.
Thanks everyone so much for entering~! This is going to be suuuuper tight. LoN and I should have the results up by tomorrow. ^^

~Tun​

Adam and I had a really tough time trying to decide who wins D: This round was probably even closer than the latter; so many sprites were extremely good~!

But, alas, we needed to come up with a winner. And our winner is ...

RinKagamineSprite.png

Shiny Eevee!
Runners' Up prizes go to Jenova, X5, carcinoGenetecist and Quashie~!
Everyone else done extremely well, too~! Thank you all for competing. ♥

And, our new guest judge isss ...
(also) Shiny Eevee!
... it's scary how coincidental that was. O__O;

Our next theme issss ...
Cosplayer Trainer Sprites!
Example:
2dmdov7.jpg

(Mismagius)

So go ahead, little ones~! Sprite your way to victoryyyy~ ♥

~Tun​

Status