• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Pokecharms Signature of the Week Redux- #19 Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pokecharm's Signature of the Week Redux- #15 Poll

Here's my entry:

25_years_of_kicking_ass_by_katsumeblisk-d3a4huo.png

I'm kind of indifferent on it. It's a bit too... green. But I really like how the text is formatted, not sure about the coloring. LoN's to thank for indirectly helping with my text. :p The 21st was the 25th anniversary of Zelda, so I thought this was a nice tribute. :3

Poll's up too. Good luck, LoN. (The numbers are Poke Balls now, but you can count...)

Re: Pokecharm's Signature of the Week Redux- #15 Poll

I won, so the theme's Blizzard Entertainment. I was going to do Diablo III, but I didn't think it was broad enough. Anything from Starcraft, Diablo, or Warcraft goes. You can also do the company, if you like. I'm not sure how to get a link to my own profile, so can someone give me a link so I can put it in the first post? Thanks.

I hope to see great entries for this theme. XD

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
Re: Pokecharm's Signature of the Week Redux- #16 Submissions

Wasn't there already a Blizzard entertainment theme? :x I seem to remember that being on a while back... >>;;

Sir Red said:
Wasn't there already a Blizzard entertainment theme? :x I seem to remember that being on a while back... >>;;

I guess there was, but I wasn't here for that... This was back in August/September I assume. A lot has changed since then Blizzard-wise. Cataclysm and Starcraft II have both been released. I also bet more Diablo III info has come out since then. They have gameplay videos and whatnot on their site. Is it bad that I'm reusing a theme that I didn't participate in? :x

Edit: I've mulled it over, and Red's right. Except for a few exceptions, having the same theme would be pointless. The theme is Metroid and that's final. :p

Wait, what? I was like halfway through a Blizzard one.

Its fine having the same theme, lol. No issues with it at all, its not like you have any variety issues because you aren't saying "Make a blue signature" every week. Its definitely not pointless.

But hey, Metroid it is.

Sorry :-[

Next time, I won#t be convinced so easily and I shall stick with the themes I choose so this does not happen.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator

LoN said:
Its fine having the same theme, lol. No issues with it at all, its not like you have any variety issues because you aren't saying "Make a blue signature" every week. Its definitely not pointless.

I'm not actually taking part in this, but I agree with LoN here. There's no issue reusing a theme, especially if its been well over a month or two since you used it. It's supposed to be the winners choice, eh?

I'm sure we're going to get lots of Pokemon themes cropping up that'll be similar, but it's like LoN said.. There's always something new you can do, and broad themes like "Blizzard Entertainment" give a huge amount of freedom. :)

Regardless, I'm looking forward to whatever it is you guys cook up for this week! ^^

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader

I didn't necessarily say it had to be changed, I was just pointing out that I thought we had had that theme before (and that there was hardly any interest in that week of submissions). So yeah...not my fault. D:

There's nothing to blame anyone with, Red - and we won't blame anyone anyway ^^ Don't worry about it, get making for Metroid :D

Sir Red said:
I didn't necessarily say it had to be changed, I was just pointing out that I thought we had had that theme before (and that there was hardly any interest in that week of submissions). So yeah...not my fault. D:

If it's anyone's fault, it's mine. :p I'm the one who's so damn indecisive. I promise not to do this again. :-/

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader

lolwut?! Red actually made a sig? :V

ChaosTheory.png

>>
<<
[me=Sir Red]flees[/me]

Re: Pokecharm's Signature of the Week Redux- #16 Poll

[me=Blisk]posts poll[/me]

I didn't forget... >>;;
Ends Friday...

Re: Pokecharm's Signature of the Week Redux- #17 Submissions

Red is our champion. He has chosen the theme of Super Heroes. See you siggers Monday! (If I can get away from White long enough. :3

Re: Pokecharm's Signature of the Week Redux- #17 Submissions

Yay, an entry! I am also to blame for the lack of entries since I haven't done one until now either. :3

Mine:

BatmanSig.png

I'm posting the poll. Good luck, Rayn.

Re: Pokecharm's Signature of the Week Redux- #17 Poll

Aw damnit.

I just finished mine, too. Ah well. I can still vote!

Last edited by a moderator:

Kalseng said:
Aw damnit.

I just finished mine, too. Ah well. I can still vote!

I'm sorry. It was pretty late last night, so I thought it'd be all right to post because it was Monday. I'd still like to see it. *nudges* If something happens like this again, I'll post to make sure people get in their entries...

Last edited by a moderator:

Since I won, I make the theme something software related. This ranges from operating systems to web browsers to image editors and everything in between. Monday's going to be the theoretical due date.

frgxdcgfv.png

Since Inkscape is a vector program, I took a stab at a vector sig. *Stab*​

I came up with a pretty good theme . . .
GoogleSig-1.png

But I'm not so sure about the outcome.

EDIT: NEVERMIND! I have a better idea!

EDIT2: Here it is. :) Windows Live Messenger
msnm_by_x_5_4_5_2-d3eb3u8.jpg

I think it's a better idea at least.​

Re: Pokecharm's Signature of the Week Redux- #18 Poll

I'm sorry for my delay. I truly am. I posted the poll.

[X5-452], I posted your WLM one because I assumed that's the one you meant since you posted it. The Google one's great too. Love the incorporation of all their services.

Again, sorry for my delay, everyone.

Re: Pokecharm's Signature of the Week Redux- #18 Poll

Since we had a tie, I'm resetting the poll. Hopefully, we won't tie again. XD

Re: Pokecharm's Signature of the Week Redux- #19 Submissions

The next theme is lilies. Sigs are due Monday. Sorry this is late. I was off the internet for a week because of AP exams.

consider____by_raynrotakashyu-d3g9ccq.png

I made this one really fast last night.
Quote is from the Bible, feel free to look it up yourself if you so desire.
Me and my snow effects :p

TigerLily-1.png

Tiger Lilies are my favorite flower of all time, so it wasn't very hard to think of something cool for them. ^_^
On a Google search, it says that Tiger Lilies mean wealth/pride and they also mean that phrase. :)
According to denkarma on Yahoo Answers it's this:
The symbolism of the tiger lily is like other lilies in that they symbolize the feminine principle reflecting the qualities of mercy, compassion, kindness and unconditional love. Lilies are associated with the planet Venus, the water element and the goddesses Venus, Juno, Mpethys and Kwan Y'in. However the Tiger Lily represents the more powerful aspects of femininity. :)
I ♥s Tiger Lillies : )

Status
Not open for further replies.