• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Pokecharms Signature of the Week Redux- #19 Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Smug World Order's Signature of the Week

Overview:
  • Each Thursday, a theme will be given in this thread.
  • You have until Monday to post your entries in this thread. If we have one or no entries, I will roll the theme over to the next week and give you guys the extra time.
  • In the evening, I will then post all the signatures in the first post, here, with a poll.
  • Anyone can vote for the one they think is best :)
    • I'd like to say though, don't vote for your own, if you entered.
    [/li]
  • On Wednesday, the poll will stop and the signature with the most votes will win. Its as simple as that :)
  • Every Wednesday, I will PM the winner and give them the opportunity to pick the theme for the coming week. I will post the next theme again on Thursday. If I do not get a reply, I will choose the theme.

Currently, the only thing you are competing for is the choice of the next theme. And of course, the entirely unique experience of competing with your fellow Charmsians, and the gloriously warm and damp feeling you get from destroying your competition.

Rules:
1. All signature entries may not be larger than 500X200, or 200X500 for vertical signatures.

2. You may only enter 1 signature per SOTW. Any exceptions will be made clear, and will only apply to said SOTW.

3. All signatures must abide by site rules, including no inappropriate content.

4. Do not use your entry to flame, harass, or insult other members.

5. You may only enter signatures that you have created. It also must be made post-reading this thread, no pre-mades. All content found to be ripped will be dealt with.

6. For your entry to qualify for voting, you must follow the specified theme.

The current theme is:

Lilies

Entries (in no particular order):

[list type=decimal]

[/list]

*insert moar here*

Hall of Fame:

#1 - Freestyle - Red -
ShockwaveSig.png

#2 - Gen V Pokemon - LoN -
sotwcharms2kibago.png

#3 - Fixed Render - Rayn -
kingydid.png

#4 - Teal - Database -
tealsig1.png

#5 - Gen III Pokemon - Chadwyck -
SotW2.png

#6 - Music - Rayn -
heor.png

#7 - Blizzard - kedpeanut -
280jsqo.png

#8 - Anime - Vshan -
ashpika.png

#9 - Freestyle - Tunduli -
2vxg1hx.jpg

#10 - Sprites - Toastie -
ToastieSig10.png

#11 - 3DS - PKMN Trainer L -
3DS_Sig.png

#12 - Best Wishes - LoN -
best_wishes_by_loncolossus-d37n02g.png

#13 - Seven Wonders of the World - PKMN Trainer L -
GWOC_Sig.png

#14 - Generation I - Ked -
1zpkv7k.png

#15 - Freestyle - Blisk -
25_years_of_kicking_ass_by_katsumeblisk-d3a4huo.png

#16 - Metroid - Red -
ChaosTheory.png

#17 - Super Heroes - Blisk -
a_shadow_in_the_night_by_katsumeblisk-d3crynb.png

#18 - Software - [X5-452] -
msnm_by_x_5_4_5_2-d3eb3u8.jpg

Here are some theme ideas for those of you that win. (Thanks, LoN, for this list)

*Space
*Girls
*Nature
*Sports
*Specific Anime
*Specific Character
*Specific Render/Image
*Animals
*Underwater fantasy
*Speed
*Evil
*Conflict
*Final Battle
*Memories
*Songs
*Books
*Time
*Insanity
*Seasons
*Flowers
*Movies
*People
*Freestyle
*Emotions
*Black and white (Monochrome)
*Vector style
*Simplicity
*Ocean
*Girls + Guns
*Specific Video Game
*Angels
*Fireworks
*Sweets
*Soldiers
*Vampires
*Halloween
*War
*Dragons
*Lyrics
*Sci-Fi
*Bands
*Board Games
*Favourite Quote
*Heroes
*Villains
*Cars
*Motorbikes
*Weather
*Phones
*Famous Landmarks

Thanks for reading, get sigging! :)

Re: Pokemon Signature of the Week Redux- #10 - Submissions

Taking that we've to re-post ours, then ...

2j2hywy.jpg

My second sprite sig, like 8th sig overall :>
(also yeah it's terrible xD)

2en9few.png

I want to make a new one, but since Tun's using her old one, I'll just use this. Even though now it looks so lame to me XD

Everyone is allowed to remake their sigs. If you want to use the one you had ready in October, you can, but if you don't like yours (your word, not mine), you can remake it. It doesn't even have to be the same subject (eg Glameow in Ked's). Just edit your post with the new one, replacing the current one. Basically, this is the only time someone can use a sig from before in SOTW - the ones from the last one.

I thought I'd give people that option, especially since I gave so much time. I thought it was shorter, but it's longer because I thought today was Wednesday, but it's Tuesday. Plus, new entrants can compete as well.

Hopefully, I was clear. XD

Toastie said:
Posting an old one:

Old as in from the last attempt at SOTW 10 right?

Edit: Here's my entry.

SOTW10.png

I actually got the text to look good for once. Text shall return to my sigs. :p

Blisk said:
Toastie said:
Posting an old one:

Old as in from the last attempt at SOTW 10 right?

No, this is one I made for myself a while ago (I thought by old sprites it meant ones we've already made :>) If I can't submit it that's alright, sorry if I caused any confusion.

Blisk said:
Basically, this is the only time someone can use a sig from before in SOTW - the ones from the last one.

I'm afraid you can't submit it. The only reason I'm allowing sigs from the last submissions is because the last one was never finished. I didn't mean old ones in general. I apologize for the confusion. If you'd like to enter, Toastie, please make a new one for this event or (if you had one) you can submit the one from October in the last, unfinished Sprite SOTW.

Sorry for the inconvenience, but rules are rules.

That's a really cool sig, by the way. I love the smoke (right word?) that comes out behind the Togekiss.

Re: Pokecharm's Signature of the Week Redux- #10 - Poll

The poll's up! I added Toastie's because there weren't many entries and he didn't understand the first time. Mind you, siggers, this is the only time I'm allowing old sigs to be used. From now on, new sigs are the only entries allowed.

This will end Wednesday. (Theoretically, I haven't used polls before :3 ) I will then announce and contact the winner for the next theme. Good luck, everyone!

Remember not to vote for your own. :3

For me, it was a real coin-flip between #3 and #4, and I'll say why in a second.

The things I like about #1 is how the colours work so well. They're all taken from the subject of the signature, so it gives the whole image that kind of 'togetherness' if I can call it that. However, the focal point isn't as blended in with the background as I'd like, making it seem as if its not one image - more as if it was a background and the sprite. If you'd compare the way the sprite was between #1 and #4, you'd see what I mean.

#2 for me has the best idea of where to put the focal point. Using the rule of thirds, you want to divide your image into thirds horizontally and vertically, and aim to put your focal point around where those lines cross. I like the textures used here, but the text is the main issue for me - although typography is always the hardest thing to master in my eyes, I know I haven't done it yet.

#3 I think has the best use of effects, they have a synergy which goes with the sprite. They work really nicely together, the smokey trails and the Togekiss. Though again, its the text and position of things which I'm not so sure of here. The colours I think could be done in a way which brings the signature together, like #1. The green I don't think really works.

#4 has probably the best job of the lighting. See the top middle area of the signature has the lighter area, which coincides to where the lighting is on Mantine? That's good. Although, maybe darkening the areas where the light isn't (ie, around the bottom) would further emphasise this. I like the use of the C4D for effects, although I think the way #3 has the effects is done neater due to it working with the focal point more.

I did vote for #4 in the end, although I hope this helps you guys improve further on the whole :) There were things I liked and disliked about all of the pieces here, but I felt #4 was my favourite just above #3.

Toastie is our winner for this week! Congratulations!

Toastie has chosen the 3DS as the next theme. Anything concerning the console, its games, etc. are fair game. Good luck, siggers! Submissions are to be turned in by Monday. We are now on the exact timeline the rules state.

Re: Pokecharm's Signature of the Week Redux- #11 - Submissions

I tried my best~
2zexxle.png

I never made a sig with so many different parts to it before, though. Or mainly two colors for everything, so I like how it turned out.

The poll's up. I didn't get around to making an entry, which makes me sad. I was going to do a Zelda one. All well, let the best sig win!

Congratulations to PKMN Trainer L! The new theme is Pokemon Best Wishes. Both sigs looked great in this competition! Keep up the good work, siggers!

The next due date is Monday, if you forgot. :p

21kxxqd.png

I was playing around with textures and shadows with this one.

Best wishes, eh? Well, here's my entry, I was originally thinking of a Chansey signature in place because normally when you send Best Wishes it goes along with other balloons when you're in a hospital, but I love Squirtle.
squirtle.png

Hope you like it, I love how it came out personally. Please feel free to C+C

Here's my entry:

BestWishes.png

The poll's up. We actually have a lot of competition compared to last time. Let the best sig win!

Note: I'd also appreciate if voters would comment on the sigs. It'd help us as artists to get better by stating what you like and don't like about the sigs.

Curious how we ended up with a pair of water starter signatures :o

I ended up voting for #2, because I feel that it works together best. I'll give reasons why, but shorter than the last post as I don't have as much time.

#1; I think its blegh D:

#3, I like the simplicity of it and how it works, but I feel it lacks some other core elements which I personally think should be thought about. Consider including a touch more lighting, and try to incorporate some flow into it where possible :)

#4, the issue I have here is the empty space on the right - I think you've really gotta avoid having this sort of thing, because its just empty really. Some effects but nothing anywhere near the focal point which can confuse where you should be looking.

I voted #2; because I do like how it has flow, its all mostly blue (so the colours work together), and how it all slots together. I do feel that the render can be worked on, because it doesn't blend in so well with the background and seems to stick out too much for my liking, and I think the colours on it could be worked to fit more with the signature's background as well - but on the whole I like how most of it ties together :)

Phanes said:
I hope nobody's voting on their own, lol

Nobody should be. It should be in the rules. Plus, it's just wrong. Proof is that LoN said he voted for #2.

Re: Pokecharm's Signature of the Week Redux- #13 - Submissions

LoN won! Congrats!

Next theme is Seven Wonders of the World. This will be an interesting one. You know the drill, due Monday. Good luck!

Congrats LoN! That was a well-deserved win!
1zdlxts.png

The great pyramids of Giza. Nothing else to say about it.

Re: Pokecharm's Signature of the Week Redux- #13 - Poll

Sorry for the delay. I honestly forgot about this because I was busy yesterday.

Anyways, good luck everybody!

Sorry for the delay. I was waiting for a reply from PKMN Trainer L, our winner!

The next theme is Generation I. It's due Monday. Sorry for the shorter timeframe. Go at it, siggers!

Extending this until Wednesday since there aren't any entries. I'm going to post the poll on Wednesday if someone enters. I'm making one at the moment, so get your sigs in!

[me=Ked]didn't forget to post hers :>[/me]
1zpkv7k.png

Everything looked alot darker when I made it. This is probably my worst sig; I couldn't get everything in the way I wanted it :-\

Ked, I think if you made your renders and text darker, you'd have better sigs. I like the ones you've made, but the subjects are hard to see. Not trying to bash, just helping. :) (I post this here since you posted your sig here. :3 )

Here's mine. I chose Farfetch'd because most people ignore the awesome Pokemon. "Ievan Polkka" is a Finnish song you spin leek sticks to, like Farfetch'd's.

Generation1Sig-1.png

Poll ends tomorrow. I'm only doing this to get us back on schedule. I think weekends are best for the sigging period.

Re: Pokecharm's Signature of the Week Redux- #14 Poll

Since it was a tie, I withdraw my entry. Ked won! I shall reply with the new theme as soon as I get an answer from the winner.

Re: Pokecharm's Signature of the Week Redux- #14 Poll

The new theme is Baby Elephants. Good luck everyone. The normal due date is again in effect.

Re: Pokecharm's Signature of the Week Redux- #15 Submissions

No entries yet. I don't have any idea what to do with Baby Elephants. If you feel the same way, post and if there are enough, I'll make an executive decision to change the theme because this is at a standstill right now. I'd prefer if this was still running...

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader

Well, to comment on that (and break up Blisk's run of four consecutive posts >>); I tried looking for images and really nothing was good (and I /really/ didn't want to bother with making my own render when I don't have tons of expendable time on my hands). So I would be cool with a different topic, and would actually get off my ass and take part again. :'D

Sir Red said:
I tried looking for images and really nothing was good.
This, basically.

I'm gonna post a list of themes I commonly see around graphics sites, and you can do what you like with the list, Blisk~ Keeping it so people have some inspiration to choose a theme might be a good idea (instead of saying you must pick from the list), so we don't end up with an obscure theme for a week. Baby Elephant was um... unique, yeah.

Code:
*Space
*Girls
*Nature
*Sports
*Specific Anime
*Specific Character
*Specific Render/Image
*Animals
*Underwater fantasy
*Speed
*Evil
*Conflict
*Final Battle
*Memories
*Songs
*Books
*Time
*Insanity
*Seasons
*Flowers
*Movies
*People
*Freestyle
*Emotions
*Vector style
*Simplicity
*Ocean
*Girls + Guns
*Specific Video Game
*Angels
*Fireworks
*Sweets
*Soldiers
*Vampires
*Halloween
*War
*Dragons
*Lyrics
*Sci-Fi
*Bands
*Board Games
*Favourite Quote
*Heroes
*Villains
*Cars
*Motorbikes
*Weather
*Phones
*Famous Landmarks

This is a mix of what I've seen and a quick google to find out some more common ideas. There will be plenty of resources for those types of images :)

Sir Red said:
(and break up Blisk's run of four consecutive posts >>)

Not my fault... >>;;
LoN said:
Sir Red said:
I tried looking for images and really nothing was good.
This, basically.

I'm gonna post a list of themes I commonly see around graphics sites, and you can do what you like with the list, Blisk~ Keeping it so people have some inspiration to choose a theme might be a good idea (instead of saying you must pick from the list), so we don't end up with an obscure theme for a week. Baby Elephant was um... unique, yeah.

Code:
*Space
*Girls
*Nature
*Sports
*Specific Anime
*Specific Character
*Specific Render/Image
*Animals
*Underwater fantasy
*Speed
*Evil
*Conflict
*Final Battle
*Memories
*Songs
*Books
*Time
*Insanity
*Seasons
*Flowers
*Movies
*People
*Freestyle
*Emotions
*Vector style
*Simplicity
*Ocean
*Girls + Guns
*Specific Video Game
*Angels
*Fireworks
*Sweets
*Soldiers
*Vampires
*Halloween
*War
*Dragons
*Lyrics
*Sci-Fi
*Bands
*Board Games
*Favourite Quote
*Heroes
*Villains
*Cars
*Motorbikes
*Weather
*Phones
*Famous Landmarks

This is a mix of what I've seen and a quick google to find out some more common ideas. There will be plenty of resources for those types of images :)

I like that idea. I shall put in the first post. Thanks for the help, LoN.

Double post. >>;;

I'm making the theme Freestyle for this week, since last week didn't happen. I think this is fair because then Ked can still do baby elephants. Hopefully, we'll have a turn out this time. Due the normal time, Monday.

Oh :( :( :( I dont know how to make signatures ca please anyone tell me? PLEASE!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

blakamas said:
Oh :( :( :( I dont know how to make signatures ca please anyone tell me? PLEASE!!!

Go here: http://www.pokecharms.com/forums/http:/ ... ic.php?t=8

And you might wanna check the rules - searching the forum would have found you the School topic stickied at the top of this board, and the rules would state how you don't wanna scream out in a "Does anyone care?" manner.

Hope the link helps :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.