Today we've completed a fairly major software update for the site, which fixes many bugs and adds new features, both for staff and users. Some of the changes are:
- Very similarly to how you can register and log in with a Facebook account, you can now log in with Twitter and Google+. You can see the option when you drop the login drawer on any page, or if you're logged in, choose External Accounts in your user menu.
- New Multi Quote option in the forums - this allows you to collect posts from anywhere in the forums and reply to them in one go. Just click +Quote by the posts you want to reply to, then click Insert Quoted Posts in the reply box.
- Tagging is now enabled for profile posts and comments. This means you can get someone's attention in a profile post by typing @Teapot, for example.
- Rewritten [type] tag, which lets you insert Pokémon types directly into your posts: Electric . For now, this isn't in the toolbar, but you can insert a type by typing [type]electric[/type], replacing "electric" with the type you want.
- Improved spoiler BB Code - you can now insert a spoiler from the toolbar. Just click the button and choose Spoiler, and you can name your spoilers and easily insert them without having to remember the BB Code yourself. Spoilers are now animated and are formatted better.
- Photos taken with a phone or modern camera now have their EXIF data read - that means that the site should rotate them properly when you upload them. This was a particular problem for the Creative Corner.