• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS Pokecharms Christmas Fishing Tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
The trading rule states that you must be the Original Trainer for all Pokemon that you use, so you can trade/trade back if you wish to evolve Kingdra and the like, but everything on the team you use must originally be your own.

Also, added to the list. Good luck.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Just a small reminder that there is now less than 2 weeks left for anyone taking part in the Fishing tournament to catch their team. The deadline is December 18th, so make sure you've caught your whole team by then. Keep in mind that this deadline is for catching ONLY - if you need more time to train your team after December 18th, you will be granted that extra time.

Now is also a good time to PM me your planned team for the tournament. PM me your Pokemon, EV spreads, natures, abilities and movesets in the following manner:

Pokemon @ Hold Item
Nature
Ability
EV Spread

- Move 1
- Move 2
- Move 3
- Move 4

Rinse, lather, repeat for all six Pokemon. Note that PM'ing me your team confirms that you will definitely be taking part in the tournament, and I won't hesitate to warn anyone who PMs me their team to confirm their taking part, then backs out at the last minute.

Also, if anyone wishes to donate prizes, please let me know via PM.

Thanks. :p

Ok the 18th is the deadline for catching the Pokemon, but what about the actual matches? Will they clash with Christmas, or will they be done before, cause I dont know how long those kinda tournaments are and Im out of country for Christmas.

Havent found anything about it in the thread so far.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
The matches will take place on a "whenever suits you best" type rota as they were done for the Baby Cup last year. As such, there is no definite date for starting matches at this point, especially since not everyone has officially confirmed their participation.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Bang on 50 posts too - you sure planned this out well in advance.

Added to the list.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
OK, this post means it's officially time, for all those taking part in the Fishing Tournament, to stop catching Pokemon for your team. Anything caught after today cannot be used, but you do still have time to train your team if you need more time for that. This also means that you cannot sign up to take part as of this point, for obvious reasons.

Don't forget to PM me your teams to confirm that you're taking part. Keep in mind that you CAN still take part if your team if you weren't able to catch a full, 6-man team, it just means you'll have to take part with what you've got if you feel like doing so.

Ok so who already dropped out?
There should be a time limit for training your team and sending the confirmations, just so the others know.

Im ready for the tournament!

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
There will be a time limit, I simply decided to leave it open-ended until I hear from the majority of the entrants.

Patience is a virtue, as I'm sure you'll realize if you ever face a good stall team.

I have faced enough Stall teams in my life, believe me D:
Its just that I think that the people who didnt catch those yet simply forgot or dont care enough to post in here ;/

and for the record, Im not here from the 24th to the 28th.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
A small reminder for everyone planning to take part: You MUST PM me your team by the 26th December or you will NOT be taking part at all. The 26th is the official deadline for people to apply now, with extra time for training/moves being provided for anyone who should need it, if anyone at all.

Thanks.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
*Bump*

Well, today's the 26th - if you haven't PM'd me your team, you're not taking part as of right now. Everyone who IS taking part please let me know if you need more time for EV training/moveset preparation and I will provide it for you. Otherwise, the brackets and matches will likely start around the new year.

Thanks.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
*Double Bump*

OK, since I've had a fair bit of stuff lumped on me over the last few days I haven't really been able to get around to sorting this out. I'll be sending a PM to all those taking part to give them an update on how things are going, and the tournament brackets should hopefully be up by the end of this week if I can get around to sorting it out.

That's all.

Status
Not open for further replies.