• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS Pokecharms Christmas Fishing Tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
I'll sign you up in that case, be sure to let me know ASAP if you aren't able to get hold of Wi-Fi so I can work around it quickly.

I'll have to drop out. :( I probably won't be able to get ahold of wifi, and I've already got stuff planned that week that I can't really work around.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
That's fine, better that you informed me now actually. I'll cross you off the list, but in the event that you are able to make time for it, your space will be held in reserve for you.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Major bump here.

As of right now, anyone who has signed up to compete in the Fishing tournament is free to start catching the Pokemon for their team. You have until now and December 18th to catch and train your team as you see fit. Good luck and have fun.

Anyone who hasn't signed up but is still interested in taking part can still sign up at this point. If you would like to sign up, I suggest you do it sooner rather than later at this point or you may not have enough time to catch anything.

Finally, MAKE SURE YOUR DATE/TIME SETTINGS ARE CORRECT ON YOUR DS! If they're not, you'll risk being disqualified since the catch dates of your Pokemon will be wrong.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Of course - anything that isn't hacking is fair game with catching/training, so you're free to use Synchronize.

ok guys.I will gather 50 posts and i will be in.King of Lucario may i ask you something?If i catch a pokemon with a masterball(only one pokemon)that one of my friends gave it to me,That poke.. will be Forbidden to the tournament???????? ??? ??? ???

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
You can catch Pokemon in Master Balls, although having 6 Pokemon all in Master Balls will make you highly suspect of hacking. The ball itself can come from the trainer, but you must be the original trainer for EVERY Pokemon you use here.

Also, drop the smiley overuse - just one smiley will do.

poliwag/whirl are only catchable by fishing in diamond and pearl, but surfing in platinum, so is it cheating to surf to catch a poli in platinum, because i dont have a daimond or pearl.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Unfortunately, due to how much it'd likely end up twisting the rules around if I were to permit it, I'm going to have to say that Platinum Poliwag are illegal. It HAS to be caught via a rod, and since you must be the Original Trainer for ALL Pokemon in your team, you'll have to make do without it.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Yeah, Platinum Clamperl is trade only apparently so that can't happen either.

Since I've not heard of any of these being available on Platinum via fishing and unavailable on Diamond/Pearl in the same way, I highly suggest to everyone taking part that you use a Diamond/Pearl cartridge for this, since Platinum (for some stupid reason) has made Clamperl and Poliwag unfishable.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Glad to see you checked the rules - they clearly state you need 50 posts in order to take part, and those same rules also clearly state that Dragonite can be used.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
*Sighs*

Evidently, you didn't read the forum rules either, since they clearly say no double-posting.

Warned for that, and I highly suggest you try to at least use some punctuation in your posts if you want to stay here longer than an hour.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
If you consider that bullying, then I'm officially putting you out of your misery.

*Vaporizes pokemontournyguy with Cosmic Flare*

You sympathy beggars have no place here. Go whine someplace else.

Well, unfortunately I can't find any of my Gen IV pokemon games... If I find them, I'll let you know, but as of right now, it'd be best to count me out of the tournament.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Keep us updated on that Chadwyck - I'll keep your slot for a week tops to give you a chance to find it, and I'll drop you off after that if it's still missing after that.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
51 posts means that you can indeed take part. I'll sign you up - best start catching soon though.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Yes you can. It'd be helpful to keep a note of your EV distribution so that you can send it to me along with your team and movesets.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
More of a post for the sake of posting here. If anyone's having issues with keeping up with the deadline for catching, please let me know ASAP via PM or by posting in this topic, whichever you prefer. That way, I can work around any issues quickly.

December 18th won't be good for me, as it's when my brother is coming home for Christmas. Perhaps end the deadline exactly on Christmas? Or the day after? Whatever, anywhere on Christmas or after should work well for me. :3

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Keep in mind that December 18th is the deadline for the catching, not for the training. In that sense, it's probably wiser to catch your whole team ASAP and then train them all once you've caught everything.

AAgain, don't start catching anything until November 1st, or you'll risk being disqualified when I check your catch dates. This is enforced mostly so that everyone who signs up starts at the same standpoint in the catching/training process, unless they sign up a month late...which isn't my fault

Can you please put me on the list? I'm gonna wing this to see how well I can do in 17 days. and I understand that it's my fault that I didn't start at the same time. Lolz.I'm exactly a month late just like your post said. Weird. (well kind of. havent slept, so i still somewhat count this as the same day as Dec. 1.)

Also is there a specific date yet? I've read all the posts and didn't see one, unless I overlooked it. found it... lol.

Also bout the Clamperl thing, is trading it to evolve banned or just trading it to get it in Platinum banned? I understand why the latter is banned, but I just wanna make sure that I understand because even though I can't catch (platinum) it still applies to Kingdra.

Status
Not open for further replies.