• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Pokecharms Academy for Kinetic Study

Chapter 1

Gray, emotionless clouds covered every surface of the afternoon sky, trying desperately to keep the sun from ruining the winter day. A small breeze rushed through the air, blowing the steel-gray hair of a young man, who donned white sneakers that stood out against his midnight-blue cargo pants and black shirt, with a dark blue backpack slung over one shoulder. He took a quick survey of the moss-covered fortress of a building, and walked up to the large mahogany doors. Engraved into the doors were the words "Pokecharms Academy", a phrase that lit up his sky-blue eyes, which held extremely dark circles underneath, as he pushed open the doors.

The inside of the building was almost the exact opposite of outside: while the exterior was stone and creepy in appearance, the interior had wooden floors that seemed to emit a warm and inviting glow. A myriad of people about the boy's age were walking around, chatting with their friends or trying to get somewhere important. In the lobby, where the boy was, a giant circle was painted on the floor in a color slightly lighter than the rest of the floor, with a large green clover in the center. Hanging from one wall to the other was a large banner with the words "WELCOME BACK FROM WINTER BREAK" in large green letters.

The boy walked down a corridor, and then turned down another before entering a small room. This room had dark gray carpeting with a bed on the wall next to the door and one opposite that bed. Both had emerald comforters and pillows, with a large pine dresser next to each. A medium sized TV sat on the wall to the right of the door, with a desk underneath it. The boy dropped his backpack next to the farther bed, then collapsed onto the bed face-down. A few minutes later, there was a knock at the open door, and a boy slightly older looking than him appeared. He had a blood-red eye and a blue eye, which was somewhat strange to look at, yet somewhat mystical at the same time. The first boy got up and turned around to see that the second had spiky black hair and wore a long-sleeve white shirt under a dark gray hoodie, with blue cargo pants and brown sandals.

"Guess what, Sho? I've been working on a new training program over the winter, and I think you guys are going to like it." he said with a wide grin.

"Really, Zacky?" Sho asked. "Well, it's a good thing that we all have to take that class, because with that smile, I wouldn't want to miss it."

"You won't. See you later." Zacky said with an even bigger grin as he walked out. Sho yawned and went over to his backpack, then took out his iPod and began listening to music, playing air guitar or drums every other song.

"Mewp," a female voice said from outside of the room, peeking her head in to see Sho do a fail-worthy headbang. Sho looked up and pulled his earphones out to look at her. She had blue hair that covered her right eye, and wore a purple shirt with a white collar, along with black pants and shoes. Her left eye, which was blue, stared right into Sho's. "Hey, Shocari." she said.

"Hey, Shado. How was your Christmas? Please say that it was more fun than mine."

"Oh, it was the same as usual: staying on the lappy and talking to you guys." Shado answered.

"Mine was the same as yours, then." Shocari sighed. "Anyway, did you hear about Zacky?"

"Yeah, and I don't think I'll be that excited about it, though." she said. "I'm not that into battling." Shado checked a watch on her wrist. "Is it really that time? Sorry, Shori, gotta go." Shado sped off in the opposite direction, leaving Shocari to continue the abysmal air guitaring.

A few hours later

"I SWEAR, I WAS ALMOST HIT BY A PLANE!" a loud voice exclaimed from a small little coffee shop. Shocari, Shado, Zacky, and a few others were sitting at a large table, talking animatedly. A boy with blonde hair in a light blue button up shirt over a white T-shirt was the previous speaker.

"Well, I was run over by an eighteen-wheeler." Shocari said.

"Again?" Shado asked.

"Yeah. That's what, the tenth time for me? You'd think that it would get annoying after a while…which it does. It's very tiring trying to reanimate myself. But I was finally able to do it withing ten minutes this time."

"So, Shori, what's dying feel like?" Cody asked.

"Er…I haven't exactly died, I've just nearly been there. My necrokinesis allows me to stop my death, as long as my brain is intact. So what I'm really doing is just reversing how the almost-death occurred." he replied.

"Sorry guys, the shop's closing. You'll have to leave." the man behind the counter said. Everyone complied and headed out of the small shop and went in different directions from the small lobby, with Shocari walking in a very slight limp. He headed back to his room and collapsed upon the bed, his roommate already asleep but hidden from view by his pillows. Shocari silently laughed as he followed suit.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can pretty much tell right now that I'm going to love this fic. Pretty much :V
And I'm really looking forward to the next chapter, mostly just to see who appears and what kind of neato powers they have eeeee

Ooh, interesting. People with kinetic powers. *is very interested* Near deaths. *is even more interested*
"Shocari said:
"I SWEAR"] *is the person most interested after reading that*

Edit: To assist Tatile and Psycho, *gets out daggers* Hehehe...

Not interesting? Phsaw! (That's a noise-thing to say I think you are silly.) Adimttedly, there could be more explination, but the ideas you've put forward are most intriguing. Necrokinesis? I suppose that isn't quite moving the dead around, or is it? Cody's story sounded funny, it also reminded me of the 'no capes' rule from The Incredibles.

You seem to have a superfluous 'A' sitting in your story there.

Yes, this is far too short. Write more or I get the whip.

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
*Pulls out katana* I'm with Tatile. Longer chapters equal more fun. Though the little shorty short you have now was enough to rope me in so it's all good. Then again, any fic involving the cast of Pokecharms is going to be hilarious win :)

Moar I says!

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
So this is what you were talking about in that PM...

Anyways, looking forward to reading the rest of this, though really, please write more so that the readers and critics have more to enjoy for each chapter. :3

*wonders who else will get cameos in here*

Well, Sho I actually read this two days ago and didn't comment. Sorry about that ^^;;;

Anyway, I agree with Tatile. It was interesting but too short! You can't just do that to us! I won't get out a whip or katana but I will sternly demand that you continue :)

But yes I liked it ^^ Am totally interested in how you capture everyone's personality.

God, another thread to stalk... But wait! It's tooooo short!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

*cough*

It's good anyway. As I said before, another thread to stalk.

Squee! Another ‘Charms based fic! *jumps on bandwagon*

This was pretty interesting. I think part of the appeal of this is seeing how others interpret your online self.

I wonder what I'll be…possibly a professor of pyrokinetic gerbil-throwing mechanics? Fi, of course, should be at least a teaching assistant. XD

The plane piece was priceless. 'Let's one-up each other about the ways we nearly died!' Lol.