• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

PokéBans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Yeah, this is a thing that happened, and reasonably so. It's also allegedly affecting people who are playing retail copies of the game that have broken street date, which is slightly less reasonable. Being banned for playing leaked or pirated games is nothing new, though, it's been happening for years. It's not that remarkable that Nintendo are swinging the banhammer – it's more remarkable that it took them a week to start doing so...

Yeah, this is a thing that happened, and reasonably so. It's also allegedly affecting people who are playing retail copies of the game that have broken street date, which is slightly less reasonable. Being banned for playing leaked or pirated games is nothing new, though, it's been happening for years. It's not that remarkable that Nintendo are swinging the banhammer – it's more remarkable that it took them a week to start doing so...
Count me of of that ban hammer.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Silly you. We obviously don't condone piracy here, so I think I've said all there is to say on the matter. I'm not sure there's any more discussion value in this thread, so I'm going to go ahead and lock it now. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.