• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Poke Village (discussion)

The 18 pokemon nations once lived in harmony in the pokemon world, but everything changed when when the fire nation attacked. Aiming to rule supreme over the world, they were soon joined by the Dark, Poison, Ghost and Steel nations who saw potential in their plans and later by the Fighting nation who values strength over all else.

The world was soon taken over by the tyranny of this combined force, it was either join them and follow their rule, be imprisoned or worse. Only trace amount of small hidden villages managed to escape their iron fist.

Life isn’t easy with the constant threat of being found out looming over them, but the inhabitants of these villages must now survive in secret under this tyranny and hope one day to change this unfair situation.
----------------------------------------------Important Rules----------------------------------------------
1- the usual, no one liners and such
2- romance is allowed but nothing too mature
3- no Mega or legendary (Duh)
4- you can have up too 5 characters (subject to change)
5- Use Grammar and punctuations

Bio
Name:
Species:
Personality:
Backstory: (Optional)
Allegiance:
Anything else: (also optional)

Villagers
Jesse
Joey
Nancy
Blake
Lightning
Hakalohi
Axel
Tusk
Wanderers
Eve
Adam
Tempris
Empire
Cordelia
Ol' Shaymus
Serene
Izzy
Acerol

Last edited:
Ah, I haven't played Villain in a while. Perhaps I'll see about picking it up...

I'd want to see a more detailed plot first though. So what've you got in mind so far Koop?
Let’s see, just the ruling pokemon legion hunting down any rebels to their reign while our villages tries to survive with limited resources. I think there will eventually be a rebellion where the survivors band together to take the world back from their suppressors. This is just what I have thought up in a few minutes.

Let’s see, just the ruling pokemon legion hunting down any rebels to their reign while our villages tries to survive with limited resources. I think there will eventually be a rebellion where the survivors band together to take the world back from their suppressors. This is just what I have thought up in a few minutes.
Evil I shall be then.It'll give me a good chance to test some things out for Cordelia.

Bio
Name: Cordelia
Species: Mawile
Appearance: (if shiny or have clothing): Characteristic of the Deceiver Pokemon, Cordelia is unassuming for a Mawile. A facade cute, demure, and harmless, hides the viciousness and ruthlessness characteristic of a Mawile. She wears little to no clothing, finding her nature form most sublime, save for a small blue bomb tied around her head.
Personality: Cordelia's apparent personality flips based on which side of her she's exposing. Her default state is cute yet cunning, and woefully deceptive. When she drops her facade, she's aggressive, vicious and rather straightforward.
Backstory: Just a simple Mawile who saw an opportunity and plunged into the fray.
Anything else: Aims to overthrow the evil empire and place herself at its helm.

747590_2019-08-12_23-32-05.png

Link: https://pokecharms.com/works/mawile-for-kyuukestu.54326/
Artist: @yanhua

My Bios
Name: Jesse
Species: Gardevoir
Appearance: Wears a red bandana on his head
Personality: Intelligent strategist of the village. Likes excitement but is kind of lazy
Backstory: He was a Ralt that wanted to become a Gallade, But because of the event of the invasion, he did not manage to find a Dawn Stone. He found the village and has been helping it grow ever since
Anything else: Gets a bit frustrated when people repeatedly mistake him for a girl

Name: Joey
Species: Golisopod
Appearance: shiny
Personality: Usually calm and very polite. Joey is the strong brute with has a heart of gold type character. Looks intimidating at first though.
Backstory: Not much is known about Joey, he showed up one day and has become the village's protector
Anything else: nothing

Alright I guess temptation isn't all that bad sometimes:

Name: Ol' Shaymus
Species: Hoot-Hoot
Appearance: Wears a grey curved hat and carries a red-brown staff.
Personality: Certainly not the one who would be immediately trusted with important things by those who do not know him well. He is wily, easy-going, and some say clever. He respects the fact that there should be a balance within the different Pokemon nations and this has lead him to a semi-neutral position.*
Backstory: He was respectively in a high position among the fire and ghost nations before war broke out, when the new leaders decided he wouldn't be "effective" in such a position, and so gave him a some crew and sent him off to the distance for "reconnaissance". (*)
Anything else: Oh I wonder.. “This tea is nothing more than hot leaf juice!”

Name: Adam
Species: Gallade
Appearance: He wears a dull dark Brown ankle long hooded cloak. He appears to have a neat vertical scar over his left eye, although not too deep as his eye is still good.
Personality: Calm, stoic, blunt and rude are the usual words to describe him, most of the time caring little about his surroundings, despite this, he shows slightly more sympathy toward poor people and wouldn't hesitate to donate a coin or two for them. In his line of work, he shows promising signs of loyalty... as long as he gets paid well and is no stranger in doing illegal actions, hurting or capturing people as long as he gets paid in the end... although he will question some orders that would involve destruction and hates killing.
Backstory: Born with a single and poor mother, Adam's life was miserable from the start but respected how much his mother tried to take care of him despite how little they had. At some point in his childhood, his mother fell very ill and her condition only worsened as the days went by, Adam tried everything he could to help his dying mother... but she eventually succumbed to her illness and perished in her bed. Since then, Adam left his home and began stealing to survive, few times he was successful whereas most times he wasn't, his life changed the day he attempted to steal from a Blaziken mercenary, rather than shoo or chase Adam away like everyone else, the Blaziken taught Adam how to steal better and eventually took him under his wing. Adam spent the rest of his years training about how to lie, steal and cheat to get what he wanted and how to fight to get the better things in life, already proving to be a great fighter, after around two decades, Adam's mentor mysteriously vanished, only leaving behind a note saying "You're ready."
Anything else: In terms of alignment, I'd like to think of him as a rude yet lawful neutral. He is a mercenary.

Last edited:
Name: Tempris
Species: Volcarona
Appearance: Just a Shiny Volcarona
Personality: As long as Tempris gets what she wants she will be satisfied, does not like to align herself to any particular cause, continued attempts to sway her to any allegiance will result in "offensive" actions. Proud and confident of of her power, she is truly an independent party and does not like forging lasting alliances with anyone, does not even like temporary alliances either. She's not above double crossing in the worst way possible. A simple encounter with her can easily end in disaster.
Backstory: TBD
Anything else: Ranges from Chaotic Neutral to Chaotic Evil, make a deal with her at your own risk....

Can I join?

Name: Nancy
Species: Vulpix
Appearance: Carries a small satchel which she uses to carry anything she gathers, usually food. She is lacking her front left leg, but refuses to speak about it.
Personality: Friendly and Optimistic on the surface, but secretly has quite a lot of bottled up fear and anger.
Backstory: She and her parents used to live in the fire nation. Her father and mother were both military. He was intelligence whilst she is a relatively high ranking general. Once the fire nation started getting more dangerous, her father tried to convince her family to flee but her mother refused, believing the fire nation to be in the right, so he fled taking Nancy with him to live in a village. Nancy got her locket from her mother, and also secretly gets letters from her, trying to get her to come back, claiming that she'll be safer (which is probably true) if she's not opposing the fire nation and they are laced with propaganda. As a result, Nancy feels very torn between her father's peaceful ideals and her mother's cruel militaristic ones. She leans more towards her father though, at least for now.

These other two, I would just play occasionally, as side characters:

Name: Blake
Species: Flareon
Appearance: Rugged and world weary
Personality: peaceful and kindly, but quite cynical. He is impossible to lie to.
Backstory: See Nancy's
Anything else: Nancy's Father, former husband to Serene. He currently works as a blacksmith, since he can use his fire abilities to heat metal. He usually makes non violent creations, but has always secretly, out of fear of the fire nation, made plans of how to make weapons.

Name: Serene
Species: Ninetails
Appearance: Wears fire nation military uniform
Personality: Loving, but manipulative and dominant. Only cares for those close to her. Nobody else matters.
Backstory: See Nancy's (plus she figured out where Blake and Nancy fled to from a map they left behind but is using her influence to keep the fire nation away. Unfortunately she doesn't have as much influence as she hoped)
Anything else: Mother of Nancy, Ex-Wife of Blake

Is that all ok? If it's too much, tell me and I'll cut out the parents and simplify Nancy's backstory

Edit: I should clarify Serene is still with the fire nation and isn't in the village

Last edited: