• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Poke Village (discussion)

Magic Sparkle

Previously Sparkling Emolga
Name: Lightning

Species: emolga

Ability: motor drive

Appearance: has a red bow on his chest.

Personality: Lightning is very naive, and a lot of times he will trust others without suspecting a thing. He is also quite hasty and carefree, as most of the time he doesn't think twice before doing anything.
Lightning is very playful and curious, always trying to learn new things and play with others. He can be mischief and even more childish sometimes.

Anything else:
-He is still a very young emolga, which can explain his 'childish attitude'.

Known moves: currently unknown

Name: Izzy

Species: Maractus

Ability: water absorb

Appearance: sometimes she is wearing a blue flower on her head.

Personality: Izzy is a happy-go-lucky kind of pokemon, she is very cheerful and will take a lot of things lightly.
Izzy also seems to be very confused and light-headed sometimes. She has a really bad sense of direction and she is losing balance often.

However, it's just a facade.

Izzy is actually very canny and quite careless as well, she wouldn't mind much to trick others and betray them.
She like to taunt and tease her enemies during the battle (although she can't actually learn taunt).
Izzy is much smarter than what she looks, and know how to play with different personalities.

Anything else:
-her father is a Roserade.
-she joined the fire nation, as she is working for them.

Known moves: currently unknown

Last edited:
Name: Hakalohi
Species: Hakamo-o
Appearance: Regular Hakamo-o except for the gauntlets, which have blue scales rather then red.
Personality: Hakalohi is extremely impulsive, which can be both an asset and a liability depending on the situation. It gives him incredible battlefield awareness, and allows him to make instinctive decisions and react very quickly during combat. However, he rarely takes the time to devise a strategy, and throws himself headfirst into battle without a second thought. Hakalohi is extremely loyal to his friends, and picks fights on their behalf far more than his own.
Backstory: Hakalohi was born only a decade or so before the Fire Nation's onslaught, but he does not remember much of this time. Instead, his memories more or less only go back as far as the night his town was attacked by a small brigade of Dark-Type Pokemon. Hakalohi's father, a powerful Kommo-o and the leader of the town, singlehandedly fought them off while the townspeople escaped into the surrounding mountains. Hakalohi stole one final glance back at his father, only to be met with the sight of an Infernape bringing it's blazing foot down in a devastating kick, defeating his father. Hakalohi blames himself for this defeat, telling himself that he should have been strong enough to help his father.
Anything else: N/A

Name: Acero
Species: Bisharp
Appearance: Normal Bisharp
Personality: Cold, ruthless, calculating, and driven are all words that perfectly describe Acero. He will do whatever it takes to meet his goal, whether that means skillfully turning an enemy leader to the side of the Fire Nation or exterminating an entire village of refugees. Acero is always thinking ten steps ahead, and carefully maps out the way he wants an encounter to go before ruthlessly carrying out his plan paly-by-play.
Backstory: (To be Revealed in RP)
Anything else: Acero commands a small detachment of Steel and Dark type Pokemon.

This RP seems like it could have some real potential, and I've been looking for a new one to join for quite a while.

Well, decided to do the little one approach after a finishing a much needed playthrough of that war game.

Name: His name is Axel.
Species: Aron | Iron Armor Pokémon
Appearance: Axel is your young, everyday Aron. He wears a cloud gray bonnet and a pair of mittens and socks in the same, modest color as his bonnet. In addition, he has a silver anklet around his right leg. He is often seen carrying around a substitute floof that appears to have some wear from a recent event. The plush toy contains some items in the clear, sewn-up pocket pouch on the back side.
Personality: Axel is described from other villagers to be a quirky, troubled Pokémon. He usually keeps to himself and attempts to find as many ways as possible to keep himself occupied. He tends to cry a lot in a silent manner, since his speech skills are not up to par with the other Pokémon yet. He often attempts to use his metal sounds known since birth to intimidate others when threatened, though it often backfires when he soon realizes that he has no other effective means of combat at the moment.
Backstory: Axel popped out of his egg not a year before the back-to-back assaults occurred. The little Aron enjoyed his everyday life with various toys, and the other parts of the simple lives his noble family had. His eight month old memory still recalled unit after unit of spectral Pokémon mercilessly raided his large village. The young Aron decided to crawl his way past the rays, hexes, beams and ominous winds that soon turned the lively community into nothing but a ghost town in merely just a few pitiful minutes. With most of the militia cowering for their lives, Axel took whatever he could and stuffed them in his floof's rear pocket pouch. There was no sign of familiar life he came across in the barren, rocky lands. The baby Pokémon reluctantly continued on with a dry throat, Butterfrees in his stomach, and nothing but his casual clothing and the only toy he had for that night. The next day, he found a village never seen before, and hesitantly decided to settle there for the time being; hoping he can find someone or at least something to keep his mind off the war.
Anything else: He has several leaf fiber dressings wrapped around the top of his head, the main trunk of his body, and his left arm; though the thick bandages could certainly use a much needed change or two. He usually drinks more water than usual for his young age, since he is unable to properly break down iron ore with his tiny mouth at the moment. On the topic of alignments, he does not have anything to do with them yet since he has other things he needs to focus on at the moment, such as being able to sit perfectly upright without assistance.

DoggoKing22

Previously ChristianTheDoggoKing
DI MOLTO!

Name: Tusk
Species: Cacnea
Appearance: Just a regular Cacnea
Personality: He sometimes gets random bursts of energy that make him act hyperactive.
Backstory: Classified (would rather keep secret)
Anything else: Tusk is just his nickname. He doesn’t want others to know his real name. And YES, his nickname is a JoJo reference!

Aren't fighting types the opposite of most types on the list, though? Super-effective against Dark and Steel and Ghost has an immunity to them. If anything I think it would make more sense for fighting types to be more like the leaders of the rebels.
My excuse is that they’re a strength valued nation and they’re turned by the strength of the fire nation.

That's what I was asking. I've been kinda planning what I want my characters to have been getting up to, before the rp whilst I've been waiting for it to start, but if they don't exist, I need to rethink what Nancy does during the day
I mean, there can be an education system sure, doesn’t sound like a bad idea. Other stuff you can do is helping out the village with chores like gathering food or cleaning the surroundings.