• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Poké-language

Hey... I was posting something here yestarday and I wanted to speak about Castelia city but... it was almost impossible for me to know that the name of this:
300px-Ciudad_Porcelana.jpg

was Castelia City.
I'm Spanish and for me this has always been Ciudad Porcelana (literally, Porcelain City) and in japanese the name is different and have a different meaning too.
Pokémon's names also are different, for example, sentret's japanese name is otachi and so on. Habilities, attacks and so on, have a lot of difference in their meanings in all the different languages.

What do you think about it? do you like it?

I do, even it's super-confusing. When you discover a name in a different language and understand it deeply you discover a lot of new things about the city/pokémon/attack/whatever. A direct translation would be easier for everyone to understand, but in my opinion, this is more interesting.