• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Poke-Fusion rp OOC

@BurbleBurble Well, I wouldn't want Cassie to be a Liepard Neko cat girl either, so, would it be alright if she could retract some of the physical features at will? For instance, to her liking, she can transform her hand into a Liepard paw complete with the razor sharp claws. So, a bit like partial transformation in addition to full transformation.

Well then, I'm off for about three hours and the thread exploded :| Anyways I also don't want to be an antagonist or protagonist. I just want to go where the wind takes me, and also to take advantage of the situation. Anyways thats my thought on things.

P.S. Ill be going to SeaWorld (Ill say hi to Shamoo for ya guys, I'm sure he'll like a new wailord buddy) so from today until Friday ill be offline most of the time, but not enough to not keep up.

Alrighty then. I'm almost done with the bio, as I've decided upon a character type I haven't been practicing and am starting a bit anew. Just a few clarifying questions, because I'm a paranoid being who likes to make sure everyone is okay with what I do.

First of all, is there an age range I should stick to? I'm thinking any age would be fun for the character, but with the way I imagine s/he will interact, it might bring more conflict and opportunities to have him/her (debating on the gender, I've imagined him/her as male, but I have not settled upon it) be on the younger side of the spectrum, so it would be nice to know what that is ;P

Also, anyone object to a character who isn't really on a side? Depending on how s/he was brought into this mess, s/he will most likely follow the most persuasive. That is to say, the character I have been creating is one who will, if s/he meets them first, protect the 'runaways,' but also one who is motivated by his/her own desires and purposeful self lies, leading into a massive opportunity for manipulation. Is that alright with everyone? Your characters will be interacting with him/her, after all.

For the age range, as long as they're not infantile (1-5) or old(ish) (60+) your good.

As for the neutral aspects, it would be interesting. I'm certainly not opposed to it, could lead to crippling betrayals on both sides depending on their actions (which are fun! :D).

To be honest, @Storybook, I don't think you need permission for the traits you're proposing. They look perfectly fine to me; there's nothing wrong with a manipulative character, and Burble never mentioned an obligation for someone or anyone to be on a side; I just asked permission for my character to be antagonistic because it'd hopefully add some more spice to the rp. In addition, I think we can all agree on the age limits Burble mentioned before. But, seeing as how you've been approved by the roleplay's moderator either way, you're probably a go for writing that profile now.

Last edited:
Sure, here's a template.

Name: Darren "Dusk" Everdale
Fused with (If fusion): Umbreon, Bisharp
Family: Dead
Personality: Calm, Collected, Brutal, Quiet, Abusive*, Agressive.
Pokemon owned (Up to six):

*He is an antagonist, meaning he's probably going to mess with you if he catches you. Obviously nothing like killing, but h will hunt you. As Pen said above.

Dusk was born knowing he was going to be used as a slave. And as a test subject. So instead of denying his fate, he accepted it, and became the companies test subject, willingly, and he is now one of their prized subjects.

Accepted! Turned this to private (As Storybook has a spot reserved) , and will continue work on the thread itself. It's almost done, by tomorrow night should be up. At the latest Sunday.

Can I just say I love the crowd I attracted? I know we can make this roleplay great. And I know you won't straight up leave without telling me. So thank you all. I seriously did not expect to attract a crowd of such great roleplayers.

It is finally complete! Sorry for the delay, but I've been prioritizing the Kalos Festival post, making sure I created the gist of it before I finished this. I'm glad to proclaim that this is now complete, and the Kalos Festival RP reply just needs to be edited a bit more ;P I can change anything, if need be.

Name: Azlyn Maya
Fused with (If fusion): not fusion ;P
Family: Pryderi Maya (Father), Chesil Maya (Mother), Oliver "Sheehan" Maya (Brother)
Personality: Azlyn never really grew up. As a side affect of growing older in a small town with a variety of trainers coming in and out, and of her brother, and her own brewing passions, Azlyn aspired to be a hero. She has an incredibly strong moral compass, and follows it fervently wherever it leads, which can lead to some... mixed results, as she lacks the insight to see what is actually bad and actually good, rather just following what seems to be the best. In reality, her reason for decision is right, but she lets these situations be defined by the most persuasive, making her ignorant and foolish, as if she were following beliefs she didn't understand herself. If you say this group of trainers are criminals, it is her duty to take them out. If you say they are innocent, she will protect them to her last breath (yes. She is that excessive. Let's just say that Azlyn isn't really ever in the middle of the scale... if she does something, she does it in excess). What Azlyn lacks, or, more appropriately, ignores, is insight, and a sense of cynicism. Azlyn's desires have caused her to lie to herself, almost to invoke naïvité, but if she is truthful, she will find the complication, the lies, the deceit, the general evil that she has and will and is experiencing to be too overwhelming, and thus she commits the same evils upon herself. A real shame that she can only fool herself for so long.

This ignorance brews within her a sense of false optimism, and power. She believes blindly, despite evidence to the contrary, that if she tries hard enough, she will succeed. In a way, this headstrong persistence is her boldest strength, and her most fatal weakness.

Despite these factors, Azlyn is imaginative and creative. Her skills lie in thinking out of the box, devising plans and strategies, and generally being imaginative to the point of excess. Unfortunately for Azlyn's dreams, she isn't really a great battler. She can think on her feet, and think wildly, but she can't seem to translate that to her Pokemon to the effectiveness that most talents do. Azlyn, in truth, is better in the background, devising plans and strategies for the strong to face. This is where she excels, but it is not her dream. Azlyn wants to be a hero, she wants to be out there changing things and helping people by her own hands, but she is not fit to be so.

If caught in the right moment, Azlyn can be rather silly. She talks quickly, as if listing off her thoughts, and is never against a little bit of fun. Despite the falsity her optimism may seem to possess, its root is in her heart, and her moral. She truly wants good in the world, she wants to make it a better place, even if she does go about it in a troubling way. She dreams big, she dreams imaginatively, and she sticks to her dreams like glue to paper. They are her will, her motivation, her source of power, and often, if she is led to believe it is right, Azlyn will stop at nothing to achieve them. It makes her blind, but it also makes her persistent.

Azlyn never really grew up.

Pokemon owned (Up to six): Deino (Spirit), Dedenne (General), Dedenne (Comrade), Gogoat (Soldier), Meowstic Male (Lotus)

This is just something for me, a sort of loose base on the history so I don't forget where most of the character traits come from, basically a structure of what I imagined it was like so that I know her experience. I could put it in a word document, that is true, but I'd rather have it here for now. If you want more insight into her character, the last paragraph has a general idea of what she has yet to learn. Otherwise, read at your choice.
Azlyn grew up in Anville Town with her mother, father, and little brother, where they waited excitedly every weekend to meet the incoming trainers, and discovered their heroes. Both Azlyn and Oliver aspired to be great, to change the world, but Oliver was much more suited for it than Azlyn. Although she loved him dearly, sometimes she couldn't help but feel jealous of his talent. He was strong, he was courageous, he could think on his feet, but he didn't want to fight. On the contrary, Oliver hated hurting anything. He wanted to a hero in his own way. Perhaps, even, a better way than Azlyn took on.

When Azlyn was eight and Oliver was five, the duo finally ran into some trouble. It was Azlyn, in fact, who brought them into it, but on the wrong side. Oliver saw through the deceit. It is to be expected that the ratio of good and evil, if those terms can even be applied to life forms, which Azlyn believes they can, and Oliver wasn't so sure, is always the same, and, sooner or later, the two were bound to run into a bad egg. A Pokemon Hunter, in this case. When Azlyn finally realized what Oliver had discovered, they were too late to stop the Dedenne duo from being taken away, but our two little hero wannabies refused to give up.

It was Azlyn who came up with the plan to rescue the Pokemon, and Oliver who followed through. Together, with the help of a few loop holes and maybe a stolen item or two, that were later returned, they managed to outwit and outmatch their opponent and save the two Dedenne. In gratitude, the young pair stayed with the children. Oliver named his Comrade. Azlyn named hers General. The Pokemon grew as close to the children as the children had been to each other.

However, their parents were not happy. Criminal activity had been increasing in their small town, and her father was worried for his children's safety. Her mother refused to leave, and the two parted ways, Comrade and Oliver leaving with her father to Viridian City, a reportedly safer place. Azlyn and General were left with their mother.

For years, the two communicated only through their Dedenne, who turned out to be much more of a gift than they had realized when the pair became aware of the astonishing distance that the electric Pokemon could detect the other's signal. But, when Azlyn was twelve, and had taken her Dedenne out with her to finally become a trainer and a hero, the messages ceased.

A year later, Comrade showed up at Azlyn's doorstep. That is to say, the Dedenne showed up in Anville Town and Azlyn, who was out training a Skiddo and Meowstic that she had caught over the year, rushed home at the call from her mom. She thought that Oliver might have come too, but only Comrade was there when she arrived. The Dedenne was exhausted, and seemed to have received a large amount of batter that Azlyn could not identify.

Azlyn fell into despair. It was clear what had happened. Her brother, who she had longed to see, save for short visits to either town, was not returning. He couldn't return. He would never, under any circumstances, abandon his Dedenne. Azlyn didn't know how to react, but to be listless and hollow, before, somewhere in her subconscious, she declared that she, Azlyn, would be the hero Oliver wasn't. That she, Aslyn, would take on both their spirits, follow all moral and protect the innocent and weak from all who oppressed! That she, Aslyn, who had grown up in a town of crime, would leave, and grow strong, and return, and rid the world of terror and fear! That she, Aslyn, would be what Oliver wanted to be much more, she realized, than she had ever been.

Azlyn began consciously and subconsciously lying to herself. She was so desperate to prove to the world that she could be Oliver that Azlyn took all opportunity to be a hero. She told herself, "I will need a strong pokemon!" and spent months searching for her dragon type, Spirit. Comrade joined her, half by the girl's request, half by the Pokemon's.

Now, her journey takes her here. In her quest for heroism, she is blinded by desire. She is prone to villanizing her actions, all the while lying to herself. She is too desperate, too purposefully naïve, that ill luck can strike her down as easily as good luck can bring her up. It's all up to luck, now, and spirit. Her abyss has yet to be met. To truly be the hero she desires, she must face her web of lies, and realize what it is to be herself.

Approved all the way! :)

So, now I just work on the rp itself. As said before, it's a process, but it should be up by tonight.

Last edited:
I really want to join this, but I do not currently have the time to make a character. Sorry for the inconvenience, but I'll have more time tomorrow to make my character!

I'm really sorry to say this, but I'm not accepting any more characters. However in the case someone drops out unexpectedly and we aren't too far into the story, I'll contact you.

Hi. A few things:

This is still happening. The post itself has been revised and edited to a state where at release, I feel there is something to build off of.

But I need to know if the "Villains"(They are just doing their job) need a prompt to start off of. I tried making one but it was mainly unfavorable and boring as all get out. My apologies in advance for not coming up with one myself...

I posted with Rodney, is that an okay first post? Its been awhile since I've RP'd with long detailed posts so I apologies if its a rough start for me, I'll get better in time. ^^

It's a great post! Same with Pen's. They were both well written and good length.

However, I'm sorry Matthew, but your post needs a bit of...fixing. If you can fix the perspective (like this "The man walked down the hallway") and give it a second paragraph your golden.

I'm working on my post, and I was just wondering where the lab was in relation to the stream in the forest that Burble mentioned. Also, what do the general public know of the lab, and the explosion?

@Matthew "Rogue" Drevur That post was good! thanks for fixing it!

As for the location of the forest and stream, it's about a mile from the lab (I'm not really great at visualizing how far that would be, so if that is a preposterously long/short distance for someone who's been running for two weeks I apologize in advance) As for the lab and explosion, the lab was largely unknown. While there was several disappearances, they were usually considered unrelated. However rumors of their offers are spread around. On the other hand, the explosion wasn't too flashy but made a lot of noise. It shook up a small town 4 miles or so away, but that's about it. It wasn't felt by any big cities, so it isn't really common knowledge to anyone who just arrived into town/ travels.

Uh...that's a good question. I was going to have it be in Kalos at first, but that leaves the question of how several people got there in the first place. So then I decided to try and keep it indiscriminate. But that's just a lazy excuse, really. So I actually have no idea where it takes place.
Oops.

Well... That would a bit of a problem, wouldn't it? The characters would have to stumble upon a town eventually, unless you were planning on keeping the action in the wilderness, which would be fine for me too. It's a bit vague, and it could still work.

Kalos sounds nice, I mean, with team flare it makes sense. But eh, do what you wan't with it. To be fare if it took place in all the regions it would be more widespread and awesome. But if it is a new region specific for this roleplay that would also be cool.

Team flare is long gone by the time this rp is around. Unless you mean one of the scientists, which wouldn't make much sense considering they wanted to destroy everyone who wasn't Team Flare. But I could make ot work (considering if they knew the true reason Asha worked here, they would most likely side with her)

As for the wilderness idea, I was going to opt for that, and leave it indiscriminate. If a town is needed, I pull an Anime moment and make one up (What do you mean you never heard of Mirelurk town and is annual Goomy festival?). But if you want more specific, I'll make a vote, and see what the majority is.