• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Poke-demy RP?

~ Pokédemy RolePlay ~
Idea origin:
I came up with idea of my old fan fiction story made up in my head...
Imagine Pokemon Academy where students can have powers like in elemental Force from Star Wars so they can control some elements etc. Maybe like Hogwarts a little?

Plot:
You are student of one the best Pokémon schools in the region. You start at the age of 14 and finishes at the age of 22 (so like 8 years of studying). For the start you can get one Pokémon which would be your partner 'till the end of the school. You cannot apply to school with your Pokémon even if you already have one.
Every class has its own mentor. This person is the student which is one of the best ones from three years older classes.

School application:
In our RP there will be one class in each school (up to five people at one class). Every application post should be marked with bold title.
APPLICATION TO
Academy of Pokémon Arts /
Higher School of Pokémon Science / University of Pokémonism
First name: ...............................................................................
Last name: ...............................................................................
Photo:

Short bio:
..........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Preferred Way(s): ............................................................................

The Ways:
Everyone has their inner energy which can be converted into some elemental forces. The main division is obviously between the Ways of Light and Shadow. Rest are mastered to support them but some of the users aren't focusing on the black'n'white point of view mastering other Ways.
List of the Ways:
  • Fire
  • Water
  • Nature
  • Electricity
  • Ice
  • Ground
  • Air
  • Light
  • Shadow
Stages of mastering the Ways:
  1. Novice
  2. Student
  3. Performer
  4. Acolyte
  5. Knight
  6. Priest
  7. Master
Your stage of mastering the Ways is always the highest of the ones you are learning. You can learn up to three Ways but your stages has to be always lower than the previous one (e.g. Priest of the Way of Light, Knight of the Way of Fire and Acolyte of the Way of Water).

RP rules:
- no Mega Evolutions
- no Legendaries

Schools:
Academy of Pokémon Arts
Main Ways: Fire and Light
Class 1C (mentor - Luke Beckirol):

Higher School of Pokémon Science
Main Ways: Water and Nature
Class 1A:

University of Pokémonism
Main Ways: Electricity and Shadow
Class 1E:

Questions? Ideas? Volunteers?​

Last edited:
I did something similar to this on a kh thread! (it was HP theme'd anyways with KH- long story).

I think something along the lines of maybe:

Instead of using magic or abilities as a human, we can learn certain skills with our pokemon and do like a human/pokemon duo battle. (example: my litwick learned lick- and i had the chance to learn it with him also. yes- i would also jump in to lick said opponent) But still be in charge of the battle? (typing it out, seems weird now LOL) but it can only be certain moves that humans and pokemon can learn.

Or another idea- you can do what you said about a Hogwarts school and you can divide what pokemon are considered light and dark. The teachers old and retired gym leaders/elite four/champions? But what would be the main plot? Or is it just "school/academy" base? c:

Damn... Totally forgot about that thread >_< Well I was supposed to give more details... I will do in next days!

Basically it's something like hm... Not exactly like Hogwarts... Something more like Avatar (and I have never watched it... Congratz Zamcio...) but still - kind of elemental Force :)

Like... The Force in SW Universe :p But it's elemental like you can learn ways of the Fire and create fire shot from hand or you can learn ways of the Water and summon huge wave of the water.

More info:
If anyone of you played Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness then you know Shadow type and Shadow Lugia. Well I cannot say it was inspiration to that RP (with Light and Shadow types and forms of Pokemon and people) because it was :) Such a detail

I like the idea of channeling energy from certain types of pokemon to have it used as a sort of "force". Or something Avatar related would be cool, the more I think of it. Being able to use abilities similar to your pokemon.. sounds cooler actually. Maybe work with that instead? Avatar/Pokemon.

As I said I had never watched it (and I don't have time for it). But yeah... Something like that :) But there is no limit! You can be master of way of Fire and expert of water Pokes! Nothing limits you!

STUDENT CARD OF
Academy of Pokémon Arts
First name:
...............Luke.......................
Last name: .......................Beckirol....................................
Photo:
Derek%20(by%20The%20iFlare).png
Class:
4B
Pokémon:
- Blastoise
- Makuhita
- Galvantula
- Froakie
- Noctowl
Ways:
  • Knight of the Way of Light
  • Acolyte of the Way of Fire
  • Novice of the Way of Electrocity
- - -
Luke got to the AoPA as young and prospering student. His goal was to become a mentor as fast and good as it was possible. His attitude has changed after second year of his studies when mentor of his class disappeared after failing to perform the Light move. Since then he started to focus on his training. Eventually he was promoted to be a mentor of the new class as he was one of the best students at the time.

Last edited by a moderator: