• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Pokémon Advanced Challenge

KidsWB as started airing the seventh season, starting with "What You Seed is What You Get" on September 11. YTV won't start airing Pokémon Advanced Challenge until who knows when (this Saturday at 1:00 pm Mountain Standard Time they show "The Double Trouble Header," episode 2 of the Johto Journeys). They'll probably wait for enough episodes to be aired on KidsWB to show two new episodes each week to catch us up just in time for season 8. Maybe they'll even go back to their schedule of airing a new episode every day, but I kinda hope they keep it as a weekend thing.

If you're like me, and can't wait until it airs to see the new intro, you can download it here: http://frenchaaml.free.fr/IntroUS7.zip. If you ask me, it's not the best song, though the animation is great. Be sure to check it out!

Last edited by a moderator:

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Finally got to see the new intro on KidsWB yesterday afternoon.

First impressions? Not nearly as catchy as the orignal Advance song, and not even close to most of the original. It sounded kind of poppy/boy bandish, too. The scenes totally made up for that, tho. I'm very glad that they used so many from the new Japanese intro. I was kinda afraid they wouldn't for spoiler reasons. Gotta love that Swellow! :D

Overall, the new song's a little weak in places but I think it'll grow on me once I hear it a few more times - that's what Advance's did anyways. Besides, nothing wrong with something telling you to follow your dreams ;)

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
The song might appeal to me more if they did a Movie theme of it with a better backing tune and a proper chorus to complete the otherwise completely corny lyrics.

I'd probably still take Pokemon Advanced over it any day though.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Yes... A proper movie version would be awesome, but from what QQ's said the next movie didn't use the new Japanese intro in it. Unless they get off their butts and make us a new Pokemon CD we're probably out of luck :?

Don't bash teh corniness, tho. Sometimes being corny is the only way to express your true feelings. The song fits perfectly with Ash n' co. IMO ;)

Oh, after hearing it a second time today the song IS starting to grow on me. I just wish the vocals weren't so faint. Takes away from the song...

EDIT: Looks like Mr. Water Fish was mistaken. Pokemon Advanced Challenge is indeed starting on YTV. It's currently playing right now for that matter. We're one week behind KidsWB but it's all good 8)

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Sky One has reverted to Master Quest for some reason...

-_-, thank god i don't even bother with them and their unsociable broadcasting hours for pokemon.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
...this dream will last forever, this dream will never die!...

*Ahem* Did I mention that I love this song now?
After waiting 45 minutes to download the video file I've been replaying it over and over for the last hour. Yeah, I'm obsessive the extreme. What more would you expect? ;p

Btw - the scene where Corphish spins out with Crab Hammer looks really neat.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
I have to say, it has grown on me a little too. I guess that's just the power of Pokemon.

I still think it's one of the weakest theme songs though. What they need to do is bring back the original like they did in japan and kick it's arse into a full-on remix of the original. That'd kick arse.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Doctor Oak said:
I still think it's one of the weakest theme songs though.

I agree, although my opinion on the weakest might be different from yours. Out of all the current english themes Johto Journey's is the one I like least. Pretty much every single other one I love but that one. I dunno... its movie version was great but the original song just didn't do much for me. Not like the rest of 'em did.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
The quality of the animation in the johto intro was more than enough to take my mind off of the song. Which i didn't mind that much really.

I mean, that really was stunning quality in that intro. It's a pity the actual quality of the eps themselves remained the same, but still....

This topic is making me nostalgic of every time I've seen a new intro. I remember watching my the second season intro for the first time with my sister (back when she was into it) and the amazement when Marill popped in. I remember digging all those new Johto Pokémon in the third season's intro, and the remix of the song for the fourth season made me tingle (the movie remix rules). The fifth season's blew the socks of the fourth season, and the sixth season took a while to get used to, but I love singing along to it now! I still think the seventh season's intro, both in animation and song, are wonderful, and I couldn't get the song out of my head all day long!

*ahem*

I was expecting A Double Trouble Header on YTV today, so I didn't keep my eye on the clock, as I'd seen it before. Luckily my sister came in and told me what time it was, I was like, "Oh, yeah," and switched out of LeafGreen on my Game Boy Player to watch. Surprisingly enough, there was Team Rocket staring right at a watermelon-painted Electrode. Memories came to me of seeing screenshots of this episode and I immediately forgot all about LeafGreen. New episodes take top priority! And Treecko ruled with that Bullet Seed right at Ash's face. Hm, I feel like doing that to Serebii for his selfish Emerald-code "exclusive" hogging. (By the way, just go to http://www.serebii.net/emerald/pokemon/001.png and change the number if you feel like using the alternate pictures that are rightfully everybody's.)

Just one more thing...

Katie, you've got KidsWB?! :evil:

Last edited by a moderator:

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I could basically quote the entire top half of your post, but I won't. Either way, 100% agree. Sometimes I've looked forward more to the new intros than the actual episodes :D

QuagsireQing said:
Katie, you've got KidsWB?! :evil:

Digital Cable or Bell Express View - take your pick. I've got 'em both! :twisted: