• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

POH!KEMON's Sprites of Fakemon (ready for comments)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, this is my New spriting Zone, but coming with different Pokemon (and a few trainers here and there). I will not take requests so don't even bother asking! I'll start with these guys:

fogost.png

Fogost
Smoke Ball Pokemon
Ht: 1'07"
Wt: 1.5 lbs
Type: Ghost
It can be seen very often in fog haunting those that are blinded by it. It can also seek their aura.

This little creep consists on having high Special Attack, Defense being the second higest; Sp.Defense is the same, poor Attack, and average Speed. It's best moves are Shadow Sneak, Fog Storm, Curse, and Payback. It's ability is Levitate. It's second one is Clear View, which prevents fog from lowering it's accuraccy

And at Lv27, it evovlves into this guy:
orbuture.png

Orbuture
Foreshadow Pokemon
Ht: 3'04"
Wt: 47.4 lbs
Type: Ghost/Psychic
The balls that follow Orbuture improve it's aura vision. I can see clearly through the deepest fog.

It's Sp.Attack raises by a lot, Sp.Defense is a bit lower than Defense, Attack is still poor, and Speed is now the same as it's Sp.Defense. It's best moves are Aura Sphere, Shadow Ball, Fog Storm, and Extrasensory. It has the ability Zero Gravity, which allows it to avoid Ground types even if the move Gravity is used. It's second ability is Clear View, just like Fogost.

I will have more, but this is what I have to show so far.

Cool idea, I likes it :3

I think the shading on Orbuture is a little harsh however. Mostly the dark purple on the upper part of the body doesn't seem to follow the curve of the sphere that well. I'm really liking Fogost a lot though, I would both love to catch one and hate to see it coming after me in the fog!

Also, instead of typing their stats in a paragraph format, maybe you should use the star system, to make it easier to understand. Like this:

Fogost
HP ** (?)
ATK *
DEF **
SPATK ***
SPDEF **
SPD **

Orbuture
HP *** (?)
ATK **
DEF ****
SPATK *****
SPDEF ***
SPD ***

@ Spix: Wondreous Idea! Probably tell Nemesis that as well.

@ LoN: Yep it does, as it brings out fog in battle for 5 turns.

I have three new Fakemon on here that I want to share:
burrom.png

Burron
Tunnel Beast Pokemon
Ht: 2'07"
Wt: 34.6 lbs
Type: Ground/Fighting
It uses the claw on it's tail as a trap to prevent others from entering. The longest time underground for a Burron was recorded 5 years, 7 months, 4 days, and 3 hours.
It's Ability is Sand Veil.

At lv19, it evolves into it's second evo:
tunneck.png

Tunneck
Recker Pokemon
Ht: 5'05"
Wt: 123.6 lbs
It has been know to steal habitats originally belonging to Diglets and Sandshrews. It can also destroy buildings made of mud that were built thousands of yers ago.
It's ability changes, as it now has Sand Bulk, which raises Attack in sandstorms.

The final evolution occurs at lv38, where it evolves into a terrifying horror:
undrugon.png

Undrugon
Terror Claw Pokemon
Ht: 7'03"
Wt: 299.8 lbs
It has destroyed some of the most beloved wonders of the Ancient world. They used to travel with the Goths and Vikings, who believed was the God of earthquakes.
It has the same ability as Tunneck's.

Now, here are each Pokemon's stats:

Burron
HP **
ATK ****
DEF***
SPATK **
SPDEF **
SPD ***

Tunneck
HP **
ATK ****
DEF****
SPATK **
SPDEF ***
SPD ****

Undrugon
HP ****
ATK *****
DEF****
SPATK **
SPDEF ***
SPD ****

(credit goes to Spix for the status idea). Hope you enjoyed a wild, destructive trip.

EDIT:
michaeljacksonsprite.png

I also made a sprite of the King of Pop...RIP. And now, a moment of silence...

Nemesis

Former Administrator
I'll stick to my way of doing it, thanks :)

Although the ideas are interesting, you need to work on your technique. They look a lot like something I would have made a few years ago. The colours are all a bit off, particularly the mixing of different tones, and the shading needs real work. The heads look very tacked on, especially the last one, where it looks so big in comparison to the body, it has the impression it is just going to fall off. And, although I'm not one to really talk, I would try editing the heads a bit more.

I'm not sure if you noticed it, but there are green outlines around Undragun's mouth and in other places as well. If you can't see them, it would be that your computer's brightness is too dark, so you may want to raise it.

Unless it's supposed to be there. I can notice a bit of such on the majority of what you've made. Also, on the Fogost thingy, the eye can do with shading as well, as otherwise it's kind of staring...into my soul :

Nemesis

Former Administrator
Hope you don't take this the wrong way, but there was something off about your sprites that I couldn't put my finger on. To work out what it was I backwards engineered my own Burron..

myburron.png

Comparing it to yours, the difference is the colours. You seem to only use two shades of each colour, the paint defaults. If you use the colour picker to match those from other sprites, and replace the relevant ones on your sprite base, you egt a much smoother look.

burrom.png
myburron.png

There is quite some comparison here, as not only with what you said, but with the tails; since mine is longer and does have claws. But still, good point.

Well anyway... I decided to post an old sprite, since I gave it a name and made it an official Fakemon:
3518rwz.jpg

Javaron
Wacky Spirit Pokemon
Ht: 6'11''
Wt: 452.7 lbs
Type: Ghost/Dark
It haunts people by making eerie and drum busting screeches and roars. It can levitate for 57 hours if they do not take breaks.
It's ability is Levitate, and you can guess why...

Now for the status:
HP ***
ATK ***
DEF ****
Sp.ATK ****
Sp.DEF ***
SPEED ****

Nemesis

Former Administrator
The tail thing is irrelevant, that is a design thing (Which you have no problems with, I think your designs are good and Pokemon are well chosen.) I just think mine shows the difference that proper colouring can make.

Wow, your spriting has really improved!
Lovin' the designs of these, particularly Javaron.
The thing I would say is, as Nemesis, said, the colours. But also the thickness of your lines. When spriting, always keep your lines's thickness to a bare minimum and never let a rogue pixel stand out from it. I always triple check the lines of my sprites and it has greatly helped my sprite making!
Keep up the good work!

I know, coloring skills need improvement, but maybe this next Fakemon may shape it up:
kitea.png

Kitea
Kite Pokemon
Ht: 8'00"
Wt: 5.6 lbs
Type: Flying
The light on it's wings glow to that way it can see below clearly at night. It's extra set of wings flap twice every 15 minutes.

Hp****
ATK**
DEF***
Sp.ATK****
sp.DEF***
SPEED*****

I had to use Togekiss' main body color for this one, but the patterns I used random colors. And no, it is not an evolution of Togetic, so don't ask!

With that cleared out, it's ability is Glide Sheild, which prevents moves like Thunder, Rock Slide, etc. to hit it while using Fly. It's best moves are Fly, Air Slash, Weather Ball, and Silver Wind.

Well, any improvements?

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Oh holy Jesus, I'm going to have nightmares tonight.

Edit: Seriously. You seriously can't be sitting back looking at that thinking "yeah, that's alright, actually". SERIOUSLY. Just look at it.

Seriously. You seriously can't be sitting back looking at that thinking "yeah, that's alright, actually". SERIOUSLY. Just look at it.
I'm not saying that I think it's good just by sitting back, I just want to improve a little bit more.

If anyone can help, please give me tips. Also the contest, yeah, haven't seen any sprites since Toastie's Severgon. I will move the date to November 16, if you are being slow anyway, but take your time if you are.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
[quote author=Doctor Oak link=topic=6829.msg121384#msg121384 date=1255370236]
Seriously. You seriously can't be sitting back looking at that thinking "yeah, that's alright, actually". SERIOUSLY. Just look at it.
I'm not saying that I think it's good just by sitting back, I just want to improve a little bit more.
[/quote]

Mate, it's not a "little bit" more you need to improve by.

Seriously now, 100% straight up. I want YOU to reply with a deconstruction of your OWN image there and explain to me why you think it's bad (or if you do at all) and what needs improving.

....Okay...I just need help. And I have no idea how to reply to that.

But, whatever, I'll try:
chiteesprite.png

My Chitee sprite. I think it is bsd because it's a bit too small, and what needs improving is it's feet, and...well, everything.

There you go!

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
No. You've completely and utterly misunderstood me.

I want you to seriously, properly, sit back, study THIS thing:

- and tell me what you think is wrong with it and explain to me why you could possibly have thought that it was of a worthy quality to post here.

(And you better hope to God it's a better explanation than that God-awful one in the post above this one.)

I want you to seriously, properly, sit back, study THIS thing:

[quote author:pOH!KEMON link=topic=6829.msg121382#msg121382 date=1255370144]
kitea.png

- and tell me what you think is wrong with it and explain to me why you could possibly have thought that it was of a worthy quality to post here.
[/quote]
To Doctor Oak: Do you have to make it so difficult and guilty?

Okay.. In the honest section, what I think is wrong with it, is almost everything, especially the color, and mainly the look. And I thought I have thought that it was of a worthy post because I thought I may have improved (which I kinda did, to be honest), but ended up being shitty (FAIL!).

And a lesson learned here, spriting comes with cruel consequences; and I will stop making sprites for a while.

From now on, I stick to drawing, at least untill I can learn how to sprite (I need tons of help to do that) , because I'm better at that than this stupid stuff.

To everyone else: Hope you enjoyed the last of my sprites for now, and try to comment on my new artwork post...

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
Oh gods. Waaaaaaahmbulance. (Edit: Alex beat me to it.) Don't "stop" spriting. Just don't post something you're not entirely pleased with. If you know it looks bad then fix it so that it doesn't.

For this, there's barely any shading. The face and belly markings look ENTIRELY MS Paint'd. The longer part of the body needs to look more flow-y and less blocky and the over-all outline of the thing needs to be smoother. And it looks like it's /standing/ on those wings instead of flying, which gives it a very awkward look.

Nemesis told you this already I think about your shading; Pokemon sprites since at least the R/S era have always had at least three shades, sprites with a shade or two more look even better, and not something thrown together in MS Paint in five minutes.

Learn from mistakes, don't freakin' /give up./

Also, your sig's a bit large. :V

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
No one can help you but yourself. Look at some other sprite threads and apply what you see to your own spriting so you can get better.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
My entire point was that why on earth should we waste our time and energy detailing what's wrong with your stuff if you clearly wont put any time or energy into it yourself?

You have continued to show a complete lack of any actual effort - and, really, a general lack of intelligence and a specific lacking of skill and talent.

No one can help you but yourself. Look at some other sprite threads and apply what you see to your own spriting so you can get better.
I think you actually may have a point...I'll do that.

[quote author=Doctor Oak link=topic=6829.msg121437#msg121437 date=1255389578]
You have continued to show a complete lack of any actual effort - and, really, a general lack of intelligence and a specific lacking of skill and talent.
[/quote]
I'm a begginner, I just need some time (pressuer, PRESSURE!)

[quote author=Yoshimitsu link=topic=6829.msg121438#msg121438 date=1255389634]
I liked the sprite! D:
[/quote]
Thanks, Yoshimitsu.

I am through with sprites now, untill I improve, so Screw this TOPIC!!!

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
Well, I'm here, I'll clean up the mess.

Expect a PM, POH!KEMON.

(As for the sprite, anything that can make me sit here and giggle for ten minutes has GOT to be a good thing)

Status
Not open for further replies.