1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poetry Corner

Discussion in 'Creative Archive' started by Coreysawrus, Mar 31, 2012.

1. I'll start of with a little introduction. I'm Rileyixx you can call me Riley for short if you want and I will be writing a series of poems that will vary in length, they will be based on popular culture e.g. Films, Events and Video Games.

Today's poem will only be a short 4 liner but hopefully you will enjoy.

Oh man, standing there,
    Please my life, will you spare,
    Oh, the barrel of your gun,
    Must signal, that my time has done.

I would love feedback, I personally like it apart from line 3 but I suppose that is what you get from a quick 10 second idea.

2. That's actually quite alright! It's certainly a lot more poetic then most of the stuff my brain farts out every now and then.

I'm a little bit confused about the fourth line, though- It's either supposed to be 'has come' or 'is done', but I think the first one'd be better? I'm not sure if it's a typo or not.

Care to share some more?

3. I just realised that last line. I think I must have kept switching ideas between 'has come' and 'is done' so it ended up with a combination but I agree that 'has come' is better

I was actually pretty happy with this seeming though I haven't done any poetry in about 2 years and I based this on the opening of Fallout: New Vegas when the character wakes up and Benny says 'This game was rigged from the start' and shoots you in the head :p I had watched it earlier that day and I thought about that and poetry at the same time and this was obvious result :3