• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

PoChaNoWriMo

This is a stupid question, but is there anyway we could something like this in say, June when school isn't so huge an issue? Maybe not the official NoWriMo challenge, but November is such a chaotic month.

Even so, I regret not doing the challenge because I doubted myself so much.

Also I still want Katie to finish her story because I loved it ♥

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Carmen Alejandra said:

... XD

As far as June goes, I think it might actually be worse for the non-University participants because many of them would be doing their exams then (at least, in Canada they would be). April is also out for similar reasons. I'm not really sure what month would be better aside from choosing something over the summer, but even then many people will be taking summer jobs...

Might be worth polling it next year to see which month works best for the majority of interested people. Myself, I don't really have any great month of downtime - so I'm impartial. :X

I personally would love to do this next year. It seems like en enriching 'program' to take part of, and to see the marvelous writings of other people ♥.

Say YEAH if you want it next year =====3

Linkachu said:
Carmen Alejandra said:

... XD

As far as June goes, I think it might actually be worse for the non-University participants because many of them would be doing their exams then (at least, in Canada they would be). April is also out for similar reasons. I'm not really sure what month would be better aside from choosing something over the summer, but even then many people will be taking summer jobs...

Might be worth polling it next year to see which month works best for the majority of interested people. Myself, I don't really have any great month of downtime - so I'm impartial. :X

Ah, I understand. Sorry for not being considerate of other people's exam times. I though most people's would be in late May at the latest ^^; But yeah, even if it is back in November, I'll make it a priority if I want to do it.

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
July could work. No school or exams to worry about so the only interference would be jobs and vacations.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
For English people, August is the best month - it's the only full month we have without school :p

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Database said:
For English people, August is the best month - it's the only full month we have without school :p

Pretty sure many Americans start back in August... XD

I say we not worry about what month it happens for now. We can discuss it more next year. :)

Linkachu said:
Database said:

Pretty sure many Americans start back in August... XD

I say we not worry about what month it happens for now. We can discuss it more next year. :)

Well actually, it's about halfway through August. Meaning we can d it, but you gotta write pretty dang fast in order to get a good bit in.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Database said:

Meanwhile, the rest of the UK is fine throughout July and August.