• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open PMD Scorched Tundra

Welcome to FrostDown, a small town in the middle of nowhere in a freezing tundra. But they live happily and are excited about the new guild that has oppned up, now all they need are recruits...

A blizzard storms through the village causing houses to be covered in snow, but Sentinel is determined to get to the guild to join. He shivers as he climbs up a lot of steps to get to the guild. Even with his ski mask on he can hardly see 1 ft in front of him. “How far up is this thing? I just hope there is something warm up there” He continues on through the thick snow storm, but the path becomes covered in snow disappearing, he becomes lost in the snow storm trying to atleast find something to guide him. “Brrrrrrrr, I don’t know how much longer I can stay out here before I freeze to death.” He tries to clear the snow with his tail to find the path but fails. “Hello! Anyone! Please let there be someone...” A faint light appears in the snow storm but he is not aware due to the thick snow.

This is to the discussion PMD ScorchedTundra Discussion

He walked through the snowstorm, seeing a big shadow passed out onto the snow. "Are you okay?" he asked. He had not floated over the figure. He let down one of his 'arms' and picked them up. Well, tried to. "Your heavy, I say!" he exclaimed. Ezekiel used Psychic on the Pokemon, picking them up with the move. They moved forward, the floating Pokemon bouncing behind him like a balloon. "Don't worry! Your fine! I assume your wanting to join the guild?" he asked, one of his candle's was under the Pokemon, keeping it warm.

He is surprised when he is lifted up into the air, then sees who did it then calms down. “Thank you, and yes I was actually trying to find the guild but the blizzard covered the path leaving me lost. I don’t know shabby i would’ve done if you hadn’t found me.” He feels a lot better from the warmth of the candle, he wipes off the snow covering his goggles so he can see better. “Wait, why are you out here, shouldn’t you be helping keep the guild warm?”

"Well," he started, snickering. "Your on the steps." he finished, starting to laugh loudly. "Oh, your so very close and then death was knocking on your door! Oh, natures punch line is hilarious!" He seemed insane to laugh at someone else's pain. His sanity level was questionable, but he slowed his laugh to a chuckle. "Well, anyway...I train the new recruits. So I'm always searching around the village. That's why I'm out here. Then I found your freezing body on the steps and....Well, you get the just. Also, it's a building. You don't think it has some sort of heating mechanism for this reason? Man, you seem like a hard cadet to train. That is, if you can make it out in the cold like that. I can't always be there to save you from a frozen tomb, you know. But anyway, you'll be fighting in dungeons to reach certain points and such. The guild master is really..." he chuckled again. "Chill!" he screamed. His hyena-like laugh had returned for seconds. "Yea, He's not much of a Lapis as he is a Lapras!"

Magic Sparkle

Previously Sparkling Emolga
Lightning walked on the snow, he couldn't see a thing except snow, it start to covering him with thick snow.
"Just... Keep... Going..." The emolga said, pushing himself out from the snow that was covering him, he shiver as he kept walking "h-how pokemons are aupposed to work like that, w-who had the idea to open a guild in a freezing place?!" He said as be continue to shiver, the hat and the scarf he were wearing didn't help him at all.
The flying squirrel felt like he going to die if he wont do something "i cant see anything here" he muttered to himself, he stopped for a moment to look around if he can spot something, but it was a big mistake, as soon as he stopped the snow covered him from feet to ears, he tried to struggle but without success.

In the meanwhile ember was inside the guild, sweeping the floor with her tail as she humming cheerfully.

He is a bit confused with how the chandelure responds but decides to not think hard about it. the new light he can barley make out a tiny figure in the snow. “Hey I think there is someone else out there! We have to go help it”

Magic Sparkle

Lightning tried as hard as he can to get out from the thick snow but without success, he felt like he couldn't move his legs.
"going here was probably my biggest mistake, and that dumb guild thinking that everyone can made it by themselves" he muttered to himself as he looked down at his legs, they were frozen in place, he got to panic as he see that his legs are stuck in the rigid ice.
He wanted to break the ice with his iron tail but the ice start spreading fast and he didnt had time before he was completely frozen inside the snow, helpless.

Last edited:
The Chandelure sighed, and advanced quickly toward them. They looked at the Pokemon, and put a candle toward their feet, melting the ice. Then, they levitated the creature using psychic again. "Does everyone have a death wish today?" he asked, laughing. "Blah, Blah, Blah, you wanna become apart of the guild, got frozen, blah blah blah. Yea, I know." he ranted on. "But anyway, I'm Ezekiel. You better hope I don't find anyone else on these steps cause if their big, I'm gonna have to drop one of you. Waittt...." he stated. He stopped levitating Lightning, and simply picked them up. "Never mind. I'll carry the little guys and the lugs i'll levitate. So, I train the recruits in a harsh way. Don't expect me to congrats you if you actually get out of a expedition alive on the first time, because it will not get better than this, let me tell you."

Jayce was walking through the snow looking for something to eat ... he had days without finding something to fill his belly and the hunger was too strong for him to ignore it .... so after a long time exploring the snowy landscape, Jayce found what appeared to be a berry tree ... it was somewhat frozen but there could still be berries that had fallen ...

"I think today is my lucky day" he said to himself ... so without losing more time Jayce started digging some berry for lunch ... after digging for a while Jayce felt with his legs something ... which could only mean that he had found a delicious berry to eat ..... very excited jayce bite what he thought was a berry .... but for his bad luck turned out to be a rock. ... so when you feel the hard sensation of the rock with his teeth ... Jayce scream of pain ... although inside Jayce it hurt more than he did not find something to eat

Magic Sparkle

Lightning was frozen until suddenly he felt heat under his leg, when he was free he was confused, but before he could run he was lifted in the air.
He looked down to find out that a chandelure carring him, he wasnt happy from what the chandelure said and it even brought anger to him.
however, he felt warmer from the candle so he didnt try to struggle, "so you going to be the one who train the members of the guild" he asked Ezekiel, he had a feeling he gonna hate him more then right now.

Sentinel is concerned about how the chandelure is going to train him, but dismisses it and is more concerned about the emolga “Let’s just get to the guild so we can rest.” He is thinking about who he will find there and if they are like the Chandelure.

Deep in the wilderness, covered in a large blanket of snow which only grew thanks to the snowstorm, a hooded figure strolled across the freezing tundra as best as he could, two sky blue hands and legs which closely resembled stubs were the only things that could be seen underneath what looked like a cloak made entirely of fur which covered many of the figure's features, apart from the hands that held the two edges together which caused only the lower part of his cloak to sway rapidly in the wind. "I should just Teleport and hope for the best, although I have only so many left and I can't even see my own footprints behind me thanks to this damn snowstorm..." He thought to himself before he noticed a faint pair of tracks that appeared to come from a quadrupedal being.

"Hmmm, speaking of footprints... I wonder who else is brave or dumb enough to come all the way out here."
He thought before he decided to follow the footprints in what appeared to be a race walk so that he could find the other person before the snowstorm covered their tracks. When he heard what sounded like a shriek of pain, he picked up his pace. He hoped he could help whoever was in trouble... if not, he'd find another corpse to loot... "Hello?!" He called out to whoever made the tracks that he followed and hoped for a reply.

Jayce was thinking about what he was going to do after the failure with the berry tree and the bite with the stone ... when suddenly he heard a voice ... this made him terribly nervous, since his cry of pain had attracted another pokemon

"this day could not be worse" jayce said to himself ... he did not know what he could find in these lands ... maybe it could be a lost pokemon or much worse some pokemon who would like to eat a little deino ..... in the middle of the panic jayce hit his head with the frozen tree which frightened him even more and made him run from the panic around the tree

Magic Sparkle

Lightning sat boredly as he was lifted in the air by Ezekiel's psychic "who thought on an idea of making a guild in that place" he then questioned the chandelure.

Ember in the meanwhile finished sweeping, even though it was for fun it felt like she did a good job, after she finished she used heat wave to make the guild warmer.
She wiggled her tail in excitement, she couldn't wait until someone will join the guild "i wonder if someone would made it through the bizzard" she questioned herself, then answering "well, that why Ezekiel went outside, to see if there are pokemons that need help" she told herself as she wagging her tail and trying not to lose balance.

"Well, we're here!" He said, standing in front of the building. He stopped levitating the Pokemon, and dropped the other. "Now lets hurry up inside where its much nicer and less cold. Ezekiel stepped in front of the building and knocked on the door with one of his 'arms'. "It's Ezekiel! Open Up, Ember! It's EZEKIEL, AMBERRRR!" he yelled through the door.

Adam heard what sounded like a thumping sound after is call, so he picked up his pace until he came upon a tree. He was surprised to see one at all in this freezing weather, but brushed it off as there were more important matters, when he saw what looked like a Deino circling the tree, he stopped and tilted his head in curiosity, his hands still held his cloak closed. "Hey, you okay buddy?" He asked as he looked up at the tree. The sight of the berries above made his stomach rumble.

jayce saw that another pokemon approaching to him,so he entered a state of absolute fear ... his body was paralyzed and could not move even a centimeter ..... but from one second to another ... concentrating all his power inside ... jayce threw herself towards the pokemon that was close to him biting everything that was in his way ... but before arriving he stumbled over the stone from before and rolled like a rock, jayce hit the tree causing that the few remaining berries fell to the ground

Magic Sparkle

Ember used heat wave again until she suddenly heard hard knocks of the door with Ezekiel's screams, the sudden knocks made her jump from surprised and lose her balance, which made her fall to the floor.

"Why Ezekiel always have to be a weirdo" she muttered to herself before standing up and opening the door.
"A simple knocks would be better next time" she told Ezekiel, "anyway, did you found an-" she said but as soon as she saw the aggron and the emolga she stopped.
Upon seeing the two she got excited,she start waving her tail "i guess you two want to join the guild, right?" She said happily and added "come in, its better then staying in the cold".
She tried to hide her injured leg so they wont worry.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lighning wasnt aware to what happening, he couldn't see a thing except a thick snow, but suddenly he have been dropped "what was that for?!" He complained to the chandelure, before seeing that he is knocking on the door and calling for someone.
The emolga had a relief as he understood that it must be the guild, the cold feeling soon will turn into a warming feeling.

A moments later after the chandelure knocked he saw that a flareon opened the door, 'i guess you two want to join the guild, right?' he heard the flareon, but before he could agree to her the flareon continued and offered to him and the aggron to come inside.
He wanted to walk inside as soon as possible but something catched his eyes, the flareon stood only on three legs instead of four, which made him wonder why.

"More recruits? Really?" Lunar asked, unamused from a corner of the room. He usually just slept where he wanted. But the knocking and screaming had woken him up. His green and red eye lit up as he walked over to the door. He knew he could be a creepy sight for any newcomer with that abnormal eye of his but that was kind of a good thing. A bit of preparation of what was to come.
"Who are these people, Ezekiel? They look tired. I'll get them some food" he said and walked into another room. He came back with a few berries, held by a Psychic. Some of them that were meant to cure a frozen Pokémon. They had quite a few of those since they lived in a very cold area.
"Here. Eat these. After you've ate, you should rest. You're gonna need the energy" he said

"Ah, yes. I never really got their names, Lunar." Ezekiel said. They strutted in, turning to the two people he had brought. "They'll be fine. My training is much, much worse. You know that, right Lunar?" he asked, chuckling. "Advice to you two: don't say something offensive. And don't laugh at their eye."

"What kind of rude co-host wouldn't get their visitors names? Even if you didn't want to ask them, you could've just read their memories or something" Lunar joked. He looked at the two new recruits.
"What are your names? As you probably heard, i'm Lunar. That's Ezekiel and this is Ember. Now, can you close the door before the cold gives us all hypothermia?" he said and shivered. He looked back up at Ezekiel.
"Yeah i know. But you don't have to go that hard on people every time right? It's painful to watch" he added.

"True greatness comes through extreme pain and practice. Luckily, most of my students survive. MOST of them. The ones without skill....Well, lets just say they don't return from my training site. But I assure you, I often let my tutors work in teams. So you won't die quickly, I assume. Well, I have to go hire a new testing Pokemon before I don't have anything to teach the cadets." He had floated off, going through the wall and into his office.

He accpets the berry and eats it. he immediately feels a hundred times better “My name is Sentinel and I tried coming here through the blizzard. I thought I could make it through the blizzard but clearly I was way over my head. Anyway thanks for the berries” He is happy that not everyone is atleast like the chandelure. “Hey what’s with ezekiel. What did he mean that some don’t return from his training?” He eats another berry.

"His training is... intense to say the least. I'm not gonna say anything else. He don't want us to reveal anything. What i can say that when i returned from his training i was very badly wounded. You can still see some of the scars. Anyway, Ember we should get these Pokémon some place to rest" Lunar said as he shut the door using Psychic. He gave off a devious smile.
"There's no going back now..." he said with an evil voice. Meant as a joke of course

Sentinel starts to worry about his training “do all explorers have to go through it, I may be an Aggron but from what she said... no, I swore to protect others and I will do anything to do it” he thought to himself. He takes his ski goggles off and hangs them “I should get some rest before I attempt anything” he lies down and tries to go to sleep, but the though of his what might happen durring training keeps him awake.

Magic Sparkle

(this is happen between your post and a little after)

"The training isnt that bad, theres a lot more thing that worse then" ember said to the two pokemons, she saw how Ezekiel and lunar making them nervous, so she tried to calm them down.
"Follow me, i will lead you to a place here that you can sleep, so you can rest before you see the guildmaster" she said as the two pokemons ate the berry, she start walking on her three legs toward the room where the two pokemons could sleep.

After she closed their door she sighed and glared at lunar and Ezekiel, she didnt like how they were acting, "did you both relly had to tell them that the training is hard?, You almost scared them away from the guild" she said angrily.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lightning got confused at start from lunar, he thought maybe they brought him to a different place and not the guild, but he still accepted the berry.
"The name is lightning" the emolga said and ate from the berry, it has a spicy flavor, after what ember said he followed her to the room.
After she leaved he start thinking to himself as he keep distance from the aggron and stayed awake to keep his guard on, "Ezekiel is a jerk and so is lunar, ember look like she tries too hard to make us feel comfortable, and sentinel look like he is going to rampage at me in every moment with his heavy body" he tood himself in his thoughts, he didnt trust everyone right now.

Last edited:
Sentinel looks over at lightning. “Kinda funny that we both got lost in the blizzard. Anyway why are you also far away from me I’m not going to hurt you. I mean we are both going to become explorers, I would try to protect you before doing anything that would hurt you.” He gives a small grin in hopes of making a new friend. He starts to wonder if they will become explores, being able to survive through the training that awaits them.

"They need to prepare of what's to come. I wasn't prepared and i nearly died numerous times. So i figured it'd be better if we did tell them. Besides, if they get scared and run away, there's no way they could get through the training anyway so it's better that they learn this before the training" Lunar told Ember. He hoped they would get through the training so they could be in the guild. He wouldn't exactly like to see more Pokémon dying there.
"Anyway, do you think there any more Pokémon out there? It could be quite troublesome for them. Maybe i should make a patrol this time? I have Heal Bell so i'll be fine" he said, put on his scarf and walked out through the door to search for anyone else that could be out there.

Magic Sparkle

Ember sighed "i guess you right about that, but why the teaining must be hard at the start?, Shouldn't it be easier at the beginning?" Ember told lunar.
She agreed with lunar about what he said, that there may pokemons outside, "you right, next time i will go outside to check" ember said softly before lunar has left the guild entrance.

Ember sighed again and tuened to Ezekiel, "should i wake them up soon?" She asked him, she wasnt sure what to do at this moment.

~~~~~~~~

When lightning saw the aggron coming closer he turned his tail into a solid iron, but after all what the aggron said he stooped his iron tail, "fine..." He said in a little aggressive tone.
He decided to stop protect homself but still let his gaurd on, he didnt really belive what the aggron said that he owuld protect him, it was look like he trying to trick him.
"We should get to sleep before the training tomorrow, Ezekiel said it gonna be worse then the bizzard i almost died in" lightning said before going to a fake sleep.

He sits down net to lightning. “Listen, when I was young I loved to explore. My very best friend also loved to and we went to so many places together. When we grew up we wanted to both be in a explorer team together, even had a team name.” He sighs. “But one day we wanted to go on our most dangerous journey yet. We went into a cave everything was going well until we were surrounded.I was too weak and couldn’t help him, he was killed in front of me and I could only watch my friend struggle to survive.” He clenches his fist. “That scared me and after that day I swore I would protect everyone that I could. I can still sometimes hear him, crying out for me to help him, I don’t think of him trying to remind me that I failed him, I think that he is trying to make me keep going and be strong.” He then lies down and goes to sleep.

Briggs was accustomed to the harsh cold of Frostdown by now, having lived near the village for several years in a small cave on the mountainside. The severe snowstorms that often erupted from the tundra could take quite a toll on the unprepared. Being a cold-blooded Pokemon, the Carracosta relied on the special beanie given to him by his friend Delphox to keep warm. Its red fibers almost glowed like a lively flame in enchantment. This blizzard, however, was enough to deter even the most insulated of Pokemon. Briggs would have to bide his time and wait for a break in the weather. There was no need risking his life and the possibility of being frozen yet again. He might not be so lucky to survive the next time he endured such a fate. His goal was to join a rescue team of expert Pokemon in Frostdown's newest guild, not become a target that needed saving. The Carracosta chortled to himself at the thought of what life may be like in another 300 million years. Would he remember his old existence during this next hypothetical? Perhaps this had already happened multiple times and he was just now learning his lesson. His dark sense of humor kept him occupied while the cold wind raged outside his mountain cave. His home was not much more than a cozy cubby. Briggs would have loved to live near actual water, but there was not much benefit to swimming in sub-zero temperatures for a cold-blooded reptile. It was not ideal living for one of his species, but the rocky terrain of the mountain had sustained him since he had awakened from his frozen slumber. A small fire was all that was needed to provide warmth and light. The ample firewood Briggs had chopped during his personal training was stacked neatly beside the sandbox he had made into his bed. He decided to endure the storm and rest until the icy gale had subsided. Curling up in his sandy nest, Briggs dreamed of warm beaches and saving helpless Pokemon adrift in the waves.

"Hello!? Is there anyone out there!? In that case you can follow the sound of the Heal Bell!" Lunar shouted as he started using the move. He had learned this move specifically to help those that were trapped in any sort of blizzard close to the guild. Sadly though, it caused him to be less of a help in battles. He was more like 'support' when it came to battling. He could fight, but not as good as some other Pokémon. He only had two moves that he could use to damage an opponent; Psychic and Shadow Ball. His last move was Moonlight. Anyway, he thought he should focus on the task at hand. He himself couldn't get cold due to the Heal Bell. But other's that weren't close enough could. The snow still bothered him. It whipped up in his face and hurt him that way. And he could barely see anything. Which kinda was to be expected. But he couldn't give up on anyone who could be out there and need help

Adam sighed at the attempted display of self defense -or comedic entertainment- and slowly walked toward the fallen Deino. He caught one of the falling berries and in doing so released one side of his cloak which swayed violently against the wind. He took a bite of the berry before he sighed in slight relief and spoke. "Look pal, I ain't here to hurt you, so you can stop flailing around and get up." He said bluntly before he heard what sounded like a bell. "Hopefully that sound'll lead us out of this frozen hellhole." He said as he picked up a few berries and offered one to the Deino before he walked past him and over to wherever the sound was coming from. "You coming?" He asked, his cloak covered many features and the fact he was still slightly cautious, but far be it for him to leave someone in the middle of the snow.

Magic Sparkle

Lightning was a bit confused that the aggron told him his story, "he doesn't think im asleep?" He wondered to himself in his thought, he felt guilty for how he dont pay attention to what sentinel said.
"I lost my parents" he said slowly to the big pokemon, however, he didnt want to tell his story too.
"I can understand your story but we should sleep so we wont be tired" lightning said and went to sleep, this time for real.

"I think I have no other option" said Jayce in a low voice ..... seeing the berry that was on the ground Jayce was very excited and soon afte, he devoured it ....

Seeing that the snow was falling more and more intensely, Jayce hurried to keep track of the Kiria and reach the place he mentioned, before the snow falls with much more force

"What's your name?" timidly asked Jayce ... it had been quite some time since he last saw another Pokémon

Lunar thought he could hear voices through the snow. Very faint. He could be mistaken. It could be the wind that was playing tricks on him. But if he didn't act on it someone could die. So he decided to go further down the stairs to find the source of the voices.
"Hello!? Is anybody there!? I thought i heard voices!" He shouted, trying to be louder than the wind. He didn't think he was succesful though.
"I'm from the guild! I have Heal Bell going over here! You can warm up if you find me!" He shouted, still trying to be louder than the wind

Ezekiel phased back through the wall, and looked around. Seemed like nothing much was happening. "I'm not sure! It's night! I'm going out, the nights much colder than the mid-afternoon." He said, Pushing the door open. He didn't close it behind him, and had floated off. He did hear the heal bell, following the sound for a couple of minutes. This had lead him straight to Lunar. "THEY'RE NOT GONNA HEAR THAT!" He yelled way too loudly. "TRY THIS!" he said, cloaking himself in fire. This had actually made the snow around him melt, and a giant light had been made, like a holy purple beacon. "NOW RING THE BELL!"

He goes back to where he was before to give the lightning some space. “We are more alike than I thought” he says to him self. He tries to go to sleep but can’t, he keeps hearing the cries of his lost friend and decides to go back to the entrance of the guild taking his ski googles with him. He opens the door and looks outside, the blizzard raging and becoming increasingly stronger. “If I can’t even survive a blizzard then I won’t be able to save or protect anyone.” He thinks about if he should to go out or not. But then he sees ember.

Magic Sparkle

Ember was just closed the door of the entrance when she noticed sentinel, is something wrong?" She asked him curiously.
"You should go to sleep, its night right now" she said cheerfully as she wags her tail.

Lightning was in a deep sleep, however, he start shivering from the thoughts about tommorow and how different it going ot be then two years ago when his dad taught him.

(So we're just gonna ignore the fact that the Kirlia actually managed to hear? Okay)

"Thanks! I'll do it again now!" Lunar shouted and re-used Heal Bell. It sounded a lot louder this time, almost being louder than the wind. Almost. Those that were close could hear it but those that were further away wouldn't be able to do so.
"Come on! If there's anyone out there you need to come now!" He shouted