• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

PMD: Path To Adventure (Discussion+)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shikowara

Previously Lily May
If its cool...I'll make a character! ^^

Name: Gabriel
Nickname: Gabe
Species: Gallade
Requested Role: I really know...do with him as you wish.
Personality: He is very smart and protective, yet he is a loner, he also gets really embarrassed when it comes to love.
Appearance: Looks like a regular Gallade but he wears a blue scarf.
Background: Gabe use to have a best friend but they died a long time ago. There was a forest fire, and everyday, Gabe wishes he could have saved his friend. He often cries himself to sleep at night, he may look tough but on the inside he is a big softy.
Other: Doesn't have many friends, but he is very protective of his current ones.

XanthousXatu

Previously SwiftSwoobat
All right then, I just edited my character’s backstory and personality. And also I loved the comic! I am wondering about what the future of the series will be, maybe it will even rival Journeys Beyond one day!

(Oh why not I guess I will help out)

Name: Blue
Nickname: Blue
Species: Umbreon
Requested Role: She is normally ok with anything but she mostly will spend her time helping others and even caring for the injured but she can also be adventurous once she gets her mind to it
Personality: She is a brave Umbreon who will do just about thing to protect those close or important to her. She has a calm demenour to herself as she doesn't act recklessly but more stragetically. She is also gentle towards others and will always listen to others problems if you allow her to.
Appearance: She is a shiny Umbreon consisting of gold eyes and light blue rings. She can be easily noticed by the black and blue flower on her right ear.
Background: She grew up in a small village with her parents and sister Sparkx who chose to evolve into a Jolteon due to her being a bit hot-headed unlike Blue herself. They both hatched front the same egg as Blue took the shiny trait unlike Sparkx. She and her sister were inseperable and have been that way ever since. They both had to rely on each other as Eevee's due to losing their parents at quite a young age. She had trained with her sister very well until night had struck evolving into Umbreon herself as Sparkx evolved just a couple of minutes after exposing herself with a Thunder stone but even after evolving they still trained together.
Other: She has a sister named Sparkx.

@Kasumi~chan it looks good, I’ll be sure to give your character a good role that fits him!

@XanthousXatu I’ll update your character as soon as I get home, cuz I have a list of all the characters on a separate document as well. Also I don’t think I’ll ever be able to challenge Journeys Beyond, that’s not a possibility. :D

@LunarSilvally great character, you’re accepted. Be sure to look out for updates on being able to get a second character, then you might be able to add Sparkx.

I’m super happy with the outlook on the release so far, but I’ll wait till tomorrow before I take the full poll of the look of things. Thank you all for the support!

[I gonna try another character
Name:Marine
Nickname:Tsunami
Species:Blastoise
Requested Role:Be a Leader of a Team
Personality:Brutal,A bit Angry and courageous
Appearance:she has a Scratch on her Face And a Wears a Cape
Background:She grew up with a Ivysaur,Marine always trained with him to be Stronger as everyone,Sometime Later,He lefted Ivy and goes to another place,after fighting someone powerful,he win,but with some seriously damage and with a scratch on her face,After that He trained More and evolve into a blastoise and decide to make a team
Other: DangerHe bites

@HeyItsPip I really like the idea of Blitz and I actually planned for him to have a relatively big role, but if you want to swap him out, go ahead. Just let me know if you do.

I'm glad everyone is enjoying this so far! Also big thanks Pip for giving constructive criticism, which is actually very helpful. If anyone has anything they want to point out at all, please don't be afraid to tell me, I know I've got some flaws in there, but what jumps out the most to you all?

Name: Grace
Nickname: Grai is the only one she'll take.
Species: Vulpix (Kanto)
Requested Role:
(Try to put two options) Sentry, Chef.
Personality: Reasonably trustworthy, but has a dark side that shows rarely. Even if it never shows, it's there. But she's crazy gullible. Even that makes her unique.
Appearance: A typical Vulpix but has golden tails and head fur, so partially shiny. There's a small scar under her back left paw, yet she refuses to say why.
Background: Mainly just raised near a volcano, but the heat somehow made her tails and head fur golden. Some kind of mutation, if you would. It's strange why it happened, but it kinda did.
Other: Nah.

@Eden-Soul 2nd characters are to be "won" or "earned" in some way. I'll make an announcement when the opportunity arises.

@Alternate_Mystery your character looks good, I might send you a pm about it later once I get the time. :D

Hey yall! Just because a few people have requested a second character and others have already got ideas for second characters, I'm going to hold the first raffle for this! I'm also super hyped that the comic got thirteen likes, big thanks to you all. But wait.. isn't thirteen unlucky?? @.@ Nevermind that! Head to the link below and just type in your username and I'll choose the raffle when the next page comes out. Good luck to you all!
https://forms.gle/rfTfky97hsqgeDt67 (2nd Character Raffel!)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, the odds are the same for everyone because that would just be unfair otherwise. But I guess it's also a good idea not to get your hopes up to be a little realistic. There will be plenty throughout the series, no worries to anyone though.

Pretty much behind on a lot. I am not sure if I can hit the Wednesday deadline, but I'll see if I can do it within the weekday, if not then the weekend. I'm sure somebody will say not to rush, and trust me I won't, but I hate breaking promises too. I have a band concert tomorrow so wish me luck I guess, that'll take some time out of editing and stuff.

Those posts were the most beautiful things I've ever seen. But of course, on top of all of what is going on, I've got tests and all that stuff going on, so yeah... I guess I just have to- ZA WARUDO!

Update: My limit is 11 seconds.

So uh... I'm bad at life and everything that comes with that. I'll need to finish the page for next week, so yes there will most likely be another week till the next page. I'm so sorry everyone! I don't know how to really describe it but this is the best I could do in order to get my point across. I promise to make the next page as good as possible!

I mean that is the problem, I don't even think I'll have it done by tomorrow I'm that far behind. I'll try to make it by the end of the weekend for next Wednesday, but I'm going to need that extra bit of time to be organized

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Ahem.
Folks.
Settle down, please. If someone is being a problem, please report them rather than mobbing them like this.

And that goes for the rest of you. Forums are NOT a Discord server and random one word/two word replies aren't acceptable conduct. Posts on a forum need to actually have some substance - and threads need to actually stay on topic. It takes just a few more seconds to make a post actually meaningful. If you agree or disagree with something, explain why! And while some degree of shitpost can be acceptable, try to refrain from derailing the conversation too much.

I have cleaned the SPAM off the thread. Pray I do not have to clean it further.

Last edited:
Name: Spikychu
Nickname: Chu
Species: Spiky-Eared Pichu
Requested Role: Prankster that may join the party when you see fit, or a friend they meet in the square who is happy to help (due to wanting to prank her unsuspecting friends)
Personality: Chu is very mischievous and loves to play with others. She takes things as a joke and, sometimes, that can go overboard. She does this as a mechanism to not take their words at face value, as she used to have some issues believing the wrong Pokemon (only thugs that stole her money and put her in a bad position). For her size, she is fierce in battle and she commonly toys with her opponents before knocking them out.
Appearance: Chu is smaller than the average Pichu, coming up to 8 inches tall instead of 1 foot. She has the regular appearance of a Spiky-Eared Pichu, but she has a scar on her ear where a piece is missing on the side of it that looks like someone scratched or bit it off. She has more scars on her back, as well, but her fur hides most of them, as she grew them out to hide them.
Background: Chu lives peacefully in Town Square, helping those who need to be helped while also pranking on those who need to be pranked or to those she helps. She thrives as a helper for the Pokemon that updates the list of Pokemon Bounties and Job Requests, liking to look at the picks for the day to see which she should do. When she was 8 though, she trusted in the wrong Pokemon, causing her to lose her items, money, and to be left with basically nothing in the middle of a Dungeon. She managed to escape, but obtained a few scars and a piece of her ear was cut off in a small triangular shape, as if a Pokemon scratched it off.
Other: She loves to swim, but has a fear of drowning and isolation. She uses her love for swimming to fight her fear, somewhat unsuccessfully though.

I know you are having issues, but don't worry. :) Just do your best and take a break if you need to, especially where life is concerned. Life is more important. But here is a fun character you may like. :)

@Merciless Medic I'll accept it. Thank you for the concern, but I'll be fine once a few things cleared up. I know I made a mistake but I'll be better in the future, so my bad on my part.

Also just as a little update, I know it's been a long time since I've posted, so I'm throwing in more stuff to make this page more interesting and better for you all. This does not mean that my quality will randomly drop after this page, it just means that I'm taking my time to make it better so that next time the quality, in general, will be better overall.

Name: Rook
Nickname: If you don’t want a Force Palm to the face, then don’t give him one.
Species: Riolu
Requested Role:
(Try to put two options) Leader of team (Team Guts. His partners would be a Machop, Grey, and a Tyrouge, Loopy.) or solo explorer.
Personality: Rook is dead serious about everything. Literally. He can just stride into a dungeon, sort what he’s doing, then leave without showing any exhaustion. He’s a guy dedicated to what he does.
Appearance: Regular (if solo), but sometimes wears a crimson bandage around his neck (Team leader only).
Background: Rook was born normally, but somehow suffered a injury IN the egg. When he got patched up, the blood somehow soaked into the bandage. Around then, he felt he had endurance beyond limits, so became a explorer/team leader. As he grew, his resilience grew alongside him. So he just gave himself the nickname Rook the Untamed. He ended up ageing with a untold confidence in him.
Other: Nyah....

@Jade_Eevee53 looks good! Welcome aboard! I won't keep the extra team members but I'll see if I can add some of the other character requested here to your team if the requirements checkout for that kind of thing.

The page is slowly being finished, I'm hyped for this! Also omg we are almost at 20 likes, just one more! How!?!? It also means we are #3 on the most liked page. (for this month span or something, definitely not overall.) Thank you all for the support, you're all amazing!

Page: ----> https://pokecharms.com/works/pmd-path-to-adventure-page-3.56169/ <---- :egaP
Page three is out and it's (hopefully) better than the last! Let me know what you all think, I'm still looking for constructive criticism. C'mon, hit me with your best shot. Give me the negativity or positivity, it fuels me! Also new profile picture ^-^
God, I'm tired and I'm only going to get 4 hours of sleep, curse me and my being late-ness!
Goodnight all!

@EeviumZ I know.. Unfortunately, I have thought about how I can't really make a smooth transition in the story because I don't want this to span too long for my capabilities. The process takes forever so I work with what I can do, so I tried to be artistic and include that she doesn't do the "think before you leap" thing like you said, so 50/50 excuse. <.> I'll get better, but I'll also assume you're fine with it either way. God I'm rough on myself

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
No, I mean it's amazing. I love it because that's exactly how I portray her

She can go from being the sweetest thing alive to wanting to murder anything that moves in a matter of moments

So I've realized something upon taking a step back and looking at everything. I've come to the party unprepared which is leaving me a little weary of my art as you know from my self-shaming every five seconds. What I realized is that school sucks, and well that goes for everything else eating uptime. I'm starting to push myself into a time cramp again, which is not healthy in the long run so I'm going to start doing more normal art with a comic page coming after that.

I hoped to get ahead of my normal comic schedule last weekend, but now I have a job so that is amazing but also takes time out of my free time. So yes, as this has been leading to, no page this week. I know I'm a horrible person and all, so let it all out now, my bad. >.>
I hope to take my time to make a piece of art that helps me improve how my art is done and experiment and yada yada, so so and then some. If you guys have any ideas for something I could make reference to in this or just something fun you all want to see let me know, I'm open to anything and it might be fun. That's all for now again, my apologies again too, but I hope your week goes well, bye-bye ya'll!

Try drawing upside down. I’ve never done it, but I heard it’ll help you with some stuff idk I forgot. Then, when you are done with the drawing, turn it the correct way.

Status
Not open for further replies.