• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

PMD: Explorers of Sky and Pokémon Rumble: Out Today in Europe

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
So, we finally got 'em. Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky for DS and Pokémon Rumble for Wiiware are both out today in Europe.

Explorers of Sky is essentially the "third version" of Pokémon Mystery Dungeon - as Platinum is the third version to Diamond and Pearl, Explorers of Sky is the third version of Explorers of Time and Explorers of Darkness. Also like Platinum, it is essentially the same game, but upgraded and shinier. For example, there are four new starter Pokémon (Phanpy, Vulpix, Riolu, and Shinx), there's a new area called Spinda's Café where your team recruits hang out, etcetera etcetera. A full list of the new features can be found here.

Pokémon Rumble is an interesting one. It's already been covered in detail here - but essentially, it's very unique in that although it has Pokémon battling, it's real-time and very... arcadey. Early reports indicate that it is actually very good indeed. You can find it on WiiWare for 1,500 points, and the official subsite for it can be found at http://www.pokemonrumble.com/.

That's all for now - enjoy the two new games!

ETA: fixed name - it's "Explorers of Sky", not "Explorers of the Sky"

Last edited:

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator

*Quietly deleted her latest news update about Rumble being out in Europe today after noticing this one* Apparently we posted them at the same time, but naturally you beat me to the punch x3

Much

I would have got Explorers of the Sky today, but when I went on holiday to Florida, I managed to get it there ;D. Oh yeah, for some reason the game is called Explorers of Sky instead of Explorers of the Sky.

Some missions are much more advanced and there's a whole new part to the story (involving Shaymin) and Spinda's cafe, not to mention the super-cool new episodes. Plus, sometimes you can find hidden stairs which lead to the Secret Bazzar! Also, you can get challenge letters! Although, I won't tell anymore incase it spoils it for people buying the game.