• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Please complete this survey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
I could do with some feedback over a feature set that is due to launch with a new website I'm working on. If you could reply to this survey and give me some of your thoughts, I'd appreciate it:

http://chr.ms/survey

Anyone that responds, enters the e-mail address used on their 'Charms account, and then posts here to confirm they've completed the form, will be noted down for something special when the website rolls around.

Thanks.

I've filled out the form.

This sounds really cool, and I'd definitely be interested. The closest thing I can think of to this premise is user reviews on gaming websites, and they aren't really an adequate substitute.

I think the website could probably be similar to Youtube in many respects. One could subscribe to different users so that they recieve their reviews and features on their homepage. Also, an account's subscriptions and a review/feature's view count could be heavily featured. Additionally, an alternative to the subscription fee is a Youtube partner equivalent, in which someone gets a cut from the ads posted on their reviews and features, while the rest of that goes to the website itself.

Oh, and what word limit were you thinking of? I could write some sample reviews if you'd like.

Tailon

Gryffindork
I've filled out the survey as well.

This certainly sounds interesting, and I do enjoy talking at length about games and what they're generally all about, so I'd be happy to contribute content of this nature.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
I filled out the survey~

I feel like my opinion on this is mainly that I'm interested, but would be unable to use the website much outside of just commenting on already-made reviews because I don't really play games all that much anymore. My answers definitely reflected that. ^^;

I've filled out the survey.

This site seems like a great idea and I really hope it becomes something great! Letting members make their own reviews is awesome. :p Can't wait 'till the site is finished.

Mr.RMA

Magearna before it was cool
Filled out the survey as well.

Definitely sounds like a fascinating premise, and one I'm sure a number of people would put to good use. Though I'd probably just stick to commenting on the reviews of others, kinda like Shiny, I'd love to see what some people make out of these reviews, should they come to fruition.

All finished!

Some interesting stuff coming down the pipeline, it seems. Can't wait to see how it all turns out. Great work!

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Doctor Oak said:
Anyone that responds, enters the e-mail address used on their 'Charms account, and then posts here to confirm they've completed the form, will be noted down for something special when the website rolls around.

Doh. I didn't include my Pokecharms email at the end but something tells me you'll quickly spot which email is mine. :p

I'm not sure if I'd subscribe to a website like this because I'm not really interested in writing formal-ish game reviews, but if more off-the-wall opinion style reviews were also encouraged then it might grab my attention once live on the web. Interesting ideas either way. ^^

I completed the survey ^^

Like a few others, I would likely be more involved in commenting on reviews rather than writing them because I don't play a lot of videogames. However I would certainly be willing to review the games I did pick up. The website sounds really awesome overall tho.

I just completed the survey.

I really like the focus of user created content on the new site. I don't read a lot of reviews for games, but I'd probably check them out if they came from here.

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
Completed it~

Certainly sounds like an interesting project and can't wait to see what comes of it. :)

I've filled out the survey.

This site sounds like a very good idea. The thought of user created reviews is intriguing to say the least. I would be completely interested in giving my opinions on certain video games.

Dwayna DragonFire

2014 Little Cup Champion
I've filled out the survey as well. :3

I'm interested in helping out as much as I can, and would love to give my opinions on gaming. I just tend to be a bit busy so I might not be nearly as active as I want to be. I would at least try to comment on things and give some thoughts on the matter. Whatever I feel I can feasibly do.

I filled the survey.

It all sounds very iteresting. I'll have to look at that again sometime. I hope this works out with the website.

Filled out the survey.

Although it sounds interesting, I'm sorry to say but the chances of me actually participating in this site is slim. :/

I filled out the survey.

This site sounds pretty interesting. I'd definitely be interested in reading the reviews of others - it'd be nice to get a wider perspective on games and things.
However, it's not likely that I would be writing any reviews myself. :|

Filled out the survey (hopefuly it's not too late).

I agree with what Virgil said. I don't typically read reviews, but I think that would change with a website that's user-generated, like this seems it's going to be. Great concept, and I hope to see it come to fruition ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.