• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS Platinum Team for meeeeeeeeee~ ♥

:V
o hay guys i'm in your clinic posting my spams againnnn.

So I made another team and blah natures blah EVs blah hold item blah moveset blah.
:3
I kept the keywords in because I know that's all that really matters |3

Aggron, Garchomp, Vaporeon, Togeplane, Breloom, and Electabuzz.
I'd ask for specifics, but I'll be honest, even I don't know what I want P:
Just gimme something to go off of here

Well, I think I'll just give an overview on all of them then >> To start with, lots of Brelooms use a Spore/Focus Punch combo. Provided Breloom is slower than the opponent, Focus Punch will hit no matter what next turn. Breloom learns Spore as a Shroomish, just to say.

Like nearly every Eeveelution, Vaporeon can do a nice Baton Pass set. For example, Acid Armor + Wish/Aqua Ring/Substitute + Baton Pass + Surf. It works rather nicely, so I don't think I need to explain it too muchly. But just to say, due to Vaporeon's hugeass HP stat, it can pass some really bulky Substitutes. You could also just make a Choice Specs set due to Vaporeon's nice 110 base Sp. Atk.

Aggron has a really diverse movepool. Too bad some of the more fun options are special >> If it's your lead, you can get it to set up Stealth Rock and then slap Roar on to continuously do damage. Also, Metal Burst may or may not be a good idea, as I haven't used anything with it yet >>

Togeplane. Has Flinch Hax with Serene Grace + Air Slash. 'Nuff said.

Garchomp, I'd really prefer not saying much about, but, it's pretty good at doing anything that involves all-out physical attacking. As for Electabuzz...really, you can add on some of the Punch moves along with Cross Chop, as Electabuzz is a pretty Physical 'Mon. Well, Electavire is, so you could pobably put on Thunderbnolt and possibly Thunder Wave if you want to inflict any statuses.

And, er, yeah.

But, just out of laziness and my own un-learnedness as well as a need for more detail, if I was looking to create a moveset for Vaporeon that wasn't Baton Passing but maybe included Toxic and some other moves to compliment it's great Sp. Atk and HP stats?
Ummm...

You've got Surf and Muddy Water, for STAB. Take your pick, Muddy Water has a chance to both miss but lower accuracy with it. Hydro Pump is an alternative as well.

Ice Beam is generally a given for anti-grass and coverage.

A good Hidden Power can help you here, Electric for instance. And you have moves like Shadow Ball for more coverage, Wish for healing or Quick Attack for a quick kill for the last bit.

That any good? :p

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Here's my Vaporeon:

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Calm
Water Absorb
252 SP.DEF/252 HP/6 DEF

- Surf/Muddy Water
- Toxic
- Wish
- Protect

Designed for support, stalling, and can hit hard too with STAB Surf combined with Base 110 Sp.Attack. Toxic is best saved for anything that won't die relatively quickly, such as defensive walls like Cresselia and Blissey (assuming the latter lacks Aromatherapy,) since Surf generally does enough damage to wipe out most fast sweepers that don't resist it in two hits. Protect works well with Toxic, and with Wish as well, and works effectively in tying up the loose ends with the set. Also, Wish doesn't need Baton Pass for it to be passed onto other team members, so this Vaporeon can do support as well.

O:
:O
I wish I had more than four slots for moves D:
Thanks guys, this is really helpful, and I'm getting kinda excited about Aggron, of all things :V
Tannie's Roar+Stealth Rock combo sounds super fun