• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Plants vs Zombies

A

Anonymous

Hey there Charms community ,you like to play PvZ? You like to talk about your favorte plant in the game? You like to brag abouy your Zen garden?
You wanna rant about the zombie you hate the most? Then this is the place for you. This is for all you PvZ fans out there!
Any ways ,even though i bought the game 5 days ago ,Plants vs Zombies took up a lot of time ,it's a lot of fun , the levels are so crazy.
What are your thoughts on PvZ?

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I can't really answer any specific questions, but I have played the game briefly and it was incredibly fun while I did. I've been debating downloading it via Steam for a long time now. Just haven't gotten around to it yet.

And huh... Apparently you can get it for 30% off at the moment. Miiiiiighty tempted. =o

I've played the free version of it from somewhere. I got to level 23 before getting too tired to play. Sadly, the game's progress was lost. However, I still think it is a funny, quirky game with a lot of potential for sequels.

So, uh, I bought this! Mostly because it sounded interesting and I was hoping for a tentacle plant c:

I love the game, and the strategy and whatnot to go with it ♥ It's also fun to read up on plants or zombies in the Almanac, cause their entries are so silly! Currently, my favorite is the Tangled Kelp plant, because it looks like Tangela <3333 Mind, I haven't actually played with it yet, as I had just acquired it. I like most of the mushrooms as well, namely the sun-shroom. Something about the game is just super-alluring, like that whole plant roulette thing on boss battles, and the way they design levels like whack-a-zombie or Zombie Bowling makes it lots of fun ♥

Right now, I don't mind any zombies too much - since you can see them beforehand you can prepare accordingly! As to ask a question, how do you generally set up your plants in the early stages of a level? I'm trying to figure out how to maximize effectiveness. Currently what i do is strive to get a row of sunflowers, and plant a potato mine where the first zombie is traveling so I can stall for sun. Then I get rolling ♥

Tangrelle Hijiri said:
As to ask a question, how do you generally set up your plants in the early stages of a level? I'm trying to figure out how to maximize effectiveness. Currently what i do is strive to get a row of sunflowers, and plant a potato mine where the first zombie is traveling so I can stall for sun. Then I get rolling ♥

I usually put down a bunch of sun flowers at the back while placing some sort of attacking plant near the front lines whenever a zombie arrives. I continue until I have about two rows of sun flowers and then I start defending. As for a most hated zombie; it would have to be either the pole-vault ones or the footballers. They are just so damn annoying >:(

Last edited by a moderator:
I played alot while my internet was down. I had downloaded the full package a loooong time ago and had yet to play it. Its really fun and a great time sink.

- Favorite plant has to be the Threepeater, the spread of that thing is great and it is so great in big numbers that it makes my computer lag.
- Zen garden I got into for a while, but in the end I like the wise tree better :p
- Zombie I hate the most has to be the bungee zombies from the roof level, those guys are so damn annoying, take your plant and the pot in one shot and they grab anything on the board pretty much. Dolphin guys come close but they are easier to manage.

As to ask a question, how do you generally set up your plants in the early stages of a level? I'm trying to figure out how to maximize effectiveness.
The typical way people plant is one column of sunflowers at the back, some sort of shooter column directly in front, a second row of shooters in the late game and some melee/utility plants a few squares in front. Mainly Wall/Tallnuts and piranha plants for me. But it varies on the level.

A

Anonymous

Wow ,I just realized I haven't answered the questions of my own topic...
Anywho ,My favorite plant in the game is the Cob Cannon. It totally kicks ass with it's ability to blow up any where on the board.
The Zombie I hate the most is the dancing zombie.No not because of it's ability in-game abilty ,but because of the controversy behind it. By that I mean I wish Popcap hadn't of redesigned the dancing zombie form the super cool Micheal Jackson zombie (witch was made before his death ,making it a tribute ,not an insult) to the stupid 70's disco zombie in later versions of the game (by later versions I mean any copy bought after MJ's death).

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Secad said:
I've heard that there will be a DS version of the game. Is this true? If so, it sounds awesome.

It's true. It was just released as a DSiWare game this past Monday or so. Apparently it's alright if you've never played Plants vs Zombies before, but compared to the various other versions it doesn't run as well. I still haven't downloaded it on PC yet, but it doesn't sound like the DSi version is worth the cash when you've got better options to play it on.

I actually heard about this game from my brother. Good to know that it was quite fun so I decided to bought it. Then until now, I'm playing it. :)

I've downloaded this game, it wasn't the full version as I don't like to pay for things, but it was fun, even though there weren't many levels.
I'm a huge fan of tower defense games, which is the category that this falls into.
Fun game, I shall download it on DS soon when I have enough money for it.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Bumping this because I see little reason to recreate the thread.

I broke down yesterday and downloaded Plants vs Zombies for my 3DS. It's pretty good all things considered. I've already played further on it than I ever did the PC version. Guess I'm just a bad PC gamer. :x

Had a funny experience this morning. I was in the middle of a rather long-ish level and I must not have been blinking because my eyes started paining/tearing something awful. I couldn't see anything through the tears, so it took me a few moments to hit the start button while the zombies continued to nom on my plants. I'll try to remind myself to blink from now on. ;p

I'd heard of Plants Vs Zombies, but I never played it until Amazon offered it as a free app of the day for Android. So I downloaded it and fell in love with it almost instantly. The game is really fun, but challenging and cute at the same time. The last level seems really luck based though because I utterly failed my first time, but beat it the second time (when the final boss didn't do a certain action--I don't want to spoil it for anyone who hasn't played). My favorite plants have to be the Repeater (they form a fun combo with Torchwoods), the Fume-Shroom (because I think they're cute), and the Melon-pult but there are plenty of other awesome plants. My favorite zombies are the Dancing ones (they look like Michael Jackson in earlier versions of the game, and a generic disco dancer in later ones like mine). It's fun to use Hypno-shrooms on them(and the football player zombies).

Edit: Fixed a typo

Last edited by a moderator:

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
I'd known about it and seen it in action, but it took wanting to try buying something from the DSi Store on my 3DS to get around to actually playing it myself.

As far as Tower Defense games go, it's a really engaging and enjoyable one. Kinda easy to get burned out on, but definitely fun enough in handheld form to keep picking up.