• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join PKMN Mystery Dungeon: The Crimson Knights

Kael toddled to his room located in the barracks and gave a quick check at his items. After securing the bag shut and making sure he had everything needed, he decided to make his way out of the headquarters. The electric mouse arrived at the entryway soon after, as he nodded at Blake and patiently waited for instructions.

The mysterious Pokémon gulped and shivered for a brief moment after noticing a Luxio carrying a fainted Pokémon to the nearby town. Upon a quick glance, it was apparent that the incapacitated Pokémon was likely assaulted by the Luxio to apprehend the weakened Pokémon.

“Hey you, the little Nessie dude... turn around and look at me! I need to ask you a few questions. Don’t try anything funny, or else I’ll have the right to use electro force!” A Magneton stated in a firm, stern tone.

The little Pokémon did as the Magneton told, and heard the magnet Pokémon enquiring, “So, may I ask why are you alone out in a place like this?”

The young Pokémon raised his flippers, while having a feigned, puzzled look towards the Magneton.

“You don’t know you say? Well, let’s just get you back to town since it’s very dangerous to be out here all alone like that,” The Magneton replied while keeping its magnets charged with electricity in a discreet manner.

“Why don’t you want to go back?” The Magneton asked in response after noticing the mysterious Pokémon shaking his head.

“Look, I can see that you can’t talk, and making all those fancy arm signs ain’t going to really help. Why don’t we go back to town and discuss it over there?” The Magneton responded in a calmer tone.

Little did the Magneton know, the little Pokémon kept his right flipper in the leafy bag after picking up on the recent order. He took a deep breath before cracking a seed and hurling it at the Magneton’s face!

“AHHHHH! I CAN’T SEE! WHERE THE HELL AM I?!” The Magneton shrieked while the little Pokémon quickly shifted his form into a psychic, humanoid Pokémon within a quarter of a minute. The Magneton wildly fired a barrage of bolts in every direction, causing a massive explosion of electricity! The eruption of such a strong force caused the ground to quake, while the noise echoed towards the nearby town! The baby Pokémon quickly performed a backflip in the opposite direction of the powerful wave of electricity before placing his hands together.

“Au revoir, officier. Nobody stops the little knight,” The young Pokémon quietly stated before teleporting back to his hideout with his bag and some quickly looted goods from the blinded Magneton.

“Eek! What was that just now?!” The Kecleon cried while cowering under the counter.

“Oh dear, I have a bad feeling that something probably might have blown up... I better go investigate quickly. You stay safe now,” The Magnezone replied before rushing off in the direction of the cavern.

"I heard him too!" Theo replied. He hurriedly leaped down from the boulder to follow the river further downstream. It wasn't quite a perfect landing, but he was back on his feet in seconds. He padded downstream, eager to be a hero in someones eyes. He wouldn't exactly be world-renowned for his heroics, but it'd make him feel better nonetheless. It didn't take long for him to spot a patch of bluish fur down between two trunks further down the river.

"I see him!" He said, rushing down to the trunk of the tree. "Hey! We're here to rescue you!" He shouted at the Oshawott... Oshawott fur, it turned out. "Orr... maybe not." He sighed in a rare case of disappointment for him. "Its just a patch of fur. He's gotta be close though. Right?" He attempted to squeeze through the trees to check the bank for more signs of the Oshawott.

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
"That's strange, I didn't know you could just dump fur on the floor, errr, keep moving." Frond kept walking. The bushes started to grow thinner. Finally, it's unthickening.... The river started to become very noise, like the sound of falling water. Falling water? Oh no.... "There's a water fall downstream, hopefully he didn't fall off it..." That would be her worst nightmare. "We better hurry!"

“Oh my god, I hope Officer Magneton is okay,” Magnezone thought while rushing over towards the scene’s aftermath.

“Hey, snap out of it! You look like someone that just got sprayed really bad!” The Magnezone asserted while shaking the Magneton with his magnets.

“W- wha? M- mommy... i- is that you?” The Magneton quietly replied.

“No, this is not your momma! This is the sheriff here, are you even alright?!” The Magnezone responded with a stern tone.

“N- no sir... I- I couldn’t see for a brief moment and my eyes are still kinda burning right now sir,” The Magneton faintly said.

“H- huh? So you were blinded or something? Try to tell me everything that happened before you were suddenly flashed or something along the lines of that,” The Magnezone commanded while having his clipboard and pencil in front of him with the use of a strong, magnetic force.

“Well, I was investigating the cavern after noticing your note on the outlaw board earlier today. I went out of the cave after questioning everyone that lived there. Then, there was this little Pokémon I saw that stood out from the others. He looked awfully young, and out alone in an area where he shouldn’t exactly be at. I tried to question him, but he kept making all these funny signs and stuff with his arms. When I tried to take him back into town for further questioning, I think that’s when I couldn’t see all of a sudden. My eyes were burning like those flamethrowers from last week, and I think I might have let off a little too much because of that! I think he was gone like a minute later, because he wasn’t there when I could hardly see at all! I have a bad feeling it might have been that mystery one sir,” The Magneton explained before almost falling over.

“Wait, did you just say little Pokémon? Tell me everything you can remember about him,” The Magnezone ordered while keeping the Magneton as steady as he could with his harmless field of electricity.

“He was probably no more than a foot tall, he had this blue body, small neck and head, a tiny horn on his head and a small shell on his back with those pointy things that are so tiny,” The Magneton answered in response, before being carried back to town by the Magnezone.

“Alright, that’s something we have now at least. I’ll try to see if we can find the Pokémon in our books and records, but first... you need some medical attention with those sore eyes,” The Magnezone said in a somewhat calmer tone while making his way back to town with the Magneton.

“Sp-Split up...?” spluttered Saiorse, her inward nervousness showing, though she quickly tried to cover it up. She didn’t want the others to judge her for being a bit jumpy, just like all the Pokémon back home had done. “Um, okay... if you think that’ll help. If we do find the item, how will we let eachother know, though?” the Popplio murmured, tilting her head slightly. It wasn’t like they had walkie-talkies or anything, so she believed she was justified in being at lease curious.

“Heh, that thing with the three magnets for a body sure had it coming. I guess maybe borrowing a few more things didn’t hurt now, did it?” The mysterious Pokémon thought before giving a brief chuckle after arriving back in his safe house.

He placed the looted items with the other pile of stolen goods before climbing on his padded bed. He picked up a golden coin with the number of one thousand on the right corner, along with the letter P in the center on both faces. He decided to carefully place the coin on the shell of the plush toy resembling the infantile, ferry Pokémon he was earlier.

He emitted a slight sigh of relief, before shifting back into his true form and allowing his free body to comfortably lie on the bed.

“Isn’t it great having a lot without having to do as much work?” The transform Pokémon thought before giving out a modest yawn.

Ichiro pondered in thought as Saiorse made he point of communication. "That's a good point. Okay we'll stay as a group then," Ichiro decided. Ichiro walked up to the entrance and had a look inside. It was surprisingly bright it being a cave and all. "Okay, it looks rather visible inside. So it's just the matter of finding it. There's no info wth any specifics of it location, but it's too big fortunately. What's the worst that can happen? I doubt there is land mines in there and I think all the Pokemon are rather passive when it comes to how hostile they are. Oh, just a tip. Don't diss their mum. I wouldn't reccomend it, they get all angry at you and chase you for like a mile or two. I wouldn't know though," Ichiro waffled on accidentally.

Kael’s body quaked after picking up on the recent explosion, as he emitted a faint squeal towards the Tyrogue. The electric mouse quickly cowered behind Blake after taking swift notice of the Magnezone carrying a weakened Magneton in town. Some of the other Pokémon appeared to be focused on the sheriff carrying the officer with its magnetic force.

“D- did one of our officers seriously lose a f- fight already?” A Pokémon whispered while attempting to keep its teary eyes hidden.

“Looks like it, their eyes look quite burned. I got a feeling that we should probably play ball somewhere else,” Another Pokémon quietly replied before the Kecleon gulped after noticing the Magneton’s current condition.

Blake turned to the commotion was rather unreactively at first but was shocked at how it seemed that a Police Officer got badly injured. He turned to the cowaring Minun. "Kael, this is exactly what I feared. We need to move now!" Blake confidently said before he sprinted towards Chlorin Cave.

Meanwhile, Llubemir opened a secret compartment in his desk and pulled out a rather official looking folder with a thick amount of documentation and inside. He opened it up and started to read the contents of the book. "What is your motive behind this?" Llubemir wondered as he read the Intel he had on the Crimson Knights.

“You certainly sound like you know,” Saiorse teased, her dark blue gaze glinting with slight amusement. It seemed Ichiro was very outwardly excited to be doing a mission- Saiorse couldn’t deny she felt the same, though she was a bit more reserved than the Chimchar. “Well, what are we waiting for? Let’s go!” cheered the Popplio, beginning to hop into the mouth of the cave. It seemed to have a peculiar layout, from what she could tell- though, there was safety in numbers, and Saiorse had faith that the trio could pull this mission off without too much of a hitch.

Kael gulped before lightening his body and rushing along with Blake. The Minun kept a tight grip on his bag, while readying a good charge of electricity in his body. The electric mouse thought, “It’s happened again, and I don’t like where this going...”

Meanwhile, the mysterious Pokémon continued to rest on his bed as if he was having a vacation in a secluded, lavish area. He gazed at a pristine, detailed painting of a young, anteater Pokémon breathing out a small stream of fire.

“Hmm... where shall I go next? I did hear that the guild has a lot of recruits today, and I’m sure that some of them might be going to that huge cave,” The little Pokémon thought before resisting the urge to roll over on his soft bed.

Ichiro eagerly entered the cave also, he made sure he scanned every part he walked past as he walked towards the more commonplace within the cave, thinking that the client was more likely to drop an item in that area. He found small spherical item, he quickly rushed over and picked it up,l only to find it was a Cherri Berry. With a disappointed look, he placed the berry in his bag. He sighed in the lack of progress he had made. He turned to his companions. "Any luck? All I've found is a Cherri Berry. I can use that whenever I get put on the electric chair," Ichiro said as he continued to look.

Meanwhile, in a cave far from town...

The rumbling of the deep growl preceded the appearance of numerous pairs of eyes in the darkness ahead of Midna. Each set blinked and pupils shifted to take her in, the shadowy silhouettes of their owners revealing the many willing and able combatants waiting in the wings. It was a death trap set for any unfortunate soul that wandered too deeply into dragon territory and Midna had stopped just short of the proverbial ambush this time. Last time she had not been so fortunate, but she didn’t have time for another tedious battle today.

Sparing only a compulsory glare at the surrounding figures, she kept her focus on the still unrevealed shadows ahead. There lay the biggest threat, for she knew that only on the patriarch’s command did his underlings attack. No eyes in the dark revealed his presence as he finally deigned to speak. “WHY HAVE YOU RETURNED?” Whether the intend was to shout or the volume was caused by the sheer girth of the speaker, his words rattled the cave walls.

Moving slowly so as not to tempt the patriarch’s temper, Midna withdrew the mission contract from her bag and held it up so that the parchment unraveled. “It seems the local authorities have taken an interest in the rising death toll of these caverns. They’ve issues a contract to the exploration guild to bring the ones responsible -”

Another growl, more powerful and more threatening before cut her last words off before she could finish them. “AND YOU INTENT TO TAKE ME IN?!” A set of red eyes larger than her head suddenly blazed through the din ahead and the echoing crack of claws on the stone earth. The silent command to attack she had hoped to avoid today…

“Wai-ARGH.” Midna’s one word shout changed abruptly into audible exasperation as the hulking figure of a Fraxure on her right suddenly lunged at her. Evading her attacker’s bulk with a pirouetting leap skyward, she seized her opponent’s extended tusk with her jaw and threw his weight forward and straight into that of his attacking kin. Her horned mouth already glowing with the faint threat of a Fairy Wind, Midna had to shout to be heard over the rush of other combatants descending toward her. “Abraxas, you FOOL! Do I look like an EXPLORER to you?”

Perhaps it was the excessive amount of contempt for the word ‘explorer’ that did it, but a sharp curt click of claws and the horde of dragons halted in its tracks, some mere inches from their target. She could see her opponents clearly now; Axews, Fraxures, Druddigons, Gibles, and Gabites all hunched and ready to resume the assault at a moment’s notice. But the biggest threat, and the one that drew her eyes, emerged behind them. Standing two feet taller than his species’ norm, with blood-red tusks longer in length than Midna was tall; Abraxas was a tower of intimidation. Even with her fairy typing, Midna struggled to maintain the strong face that the situation demanded. “THEN..WHY..HAVE YOU..COME?!”

An able tongue and diplomacy had saved her last time, it would do it again, she told herself, her jaw still erect and aglow with fairy light as she replied. “Mutual benefit.” She took a moment to let the words reach him and ready her most confident smirk before continuing. “Unfinished, this contract would bring others into your caves; those bleeding-heart explorers for starts. And even dead, they would bring attention to your presence here.” A faint rumble was enough to tell her he’d understood. Only one solution would erase the dragon’s den infamy and deter further investigation; the contracts completion. “I’ll say it’s done. A bit of scale as proof and you’re left in peace.”

The haxorus looked placated, but he still watched Midna’s raised horn with scrupulous eyes. He seemed to know she has more to say. She obliged the relish of a thief evident in her face. “In exchange…I ask the same payment as last time.” Though the patriarch’s eyes narrowed, she knew it was a small price she was asking and one he would scoff at providing. After all it wasn’t for nothing that the chambers beyond were so heavily guarded against intruders; mounds of gem and gold had been horded and swollen over centuries.

A few minutes later, Midna was walking back along the well beaten path back to Carjidal and the guild, her bag now burdened with a large, black scale and two golden nuggets, one more than she'd had that morning.

Lux arrived back at the guild with the Metang and saw Midna and said “Oh did I lose well I suppose this outlaw gave me a little resistance in getting it back to the guild. This was my first outlaw capture so where does he go? Am I to turn him into the authorities, but give me the job first since I lost.” Lux held a grin on his face as he caused the Metang some pain.

"I guess I'll have to be like one of them, since that appears to be the easiest thing for me to do out of everyone. The only problem is that my body can't exactly grow or shift as much... and I kinda don't want to talk about that too much," The mysterious Pokémon stated in a modest signal of telepathy after transforming into the humanoid Pokémon for a brief moment.

"You would be right to figure that out already. After all, you are the one that can disguise, even if that means having to be a little baby or something to get the heat off. Just remember that there still could be a bit of heat since you are one of the most wanted already," The pumpkin Pokémon responded in her thoughts before the message relayed back to the other Pokémon.

"Okay, just hope that they won't look at me a little funny or anything," The little Pokémon replied before shifting into another Pokémon to quickly terminate the telepathic message in order to prevent anyone from intercepting the signal.

"Well, I think I did this right at least... it's just that stalk thing is a little smaller like me I guess," The transform Pokémon said to himself after having a brief glance at the mirror. His small body represented a brown duck with a white underside. There were some distinct, infantile features such as his wings being noticeably smaller, and his fur being rather soft and smooth to the touch.

The baby Pokémon gave a quick nod at the mirror before grabbing his bag and taking out some unnecessary items to allow for better portability. Once everything was neatly placed in the pile, he decided to transform into the psychic, human-like Pokémon in order to allow for his quick transformation back to the cave.

He swiftly made his way back to the secluded, shaded area before shifting his form back into the young duckling. He carefully gripped the tiny leek on his beak while keeping the sling of the bag around his right wing.

"This should be easy, unless if those pesky magnets decide to come here soon," The young Pokémon thought before silently entering the cavern.

Midna had barely crossed the guild threshold, of half a mind to store her bag away, when the Luxio approached from behind. She had apparently won their little race, if only by a couple seconds. She was momentarily confused by the possibility, seeing as the Dragon’s Den wasn’t exactly next door, but as her eyes fell upon his quarry, she understood…and was mildly impressed. Even a small Metang weighted close to 400lbs and Lux carried the pokemon as it were no more than a sack of flour. This time, her feigned smile was almost genuine; she was starting to like this thief in spite of herself.

“Come on, I’ll show you where to dump that load,” Midna replied. Considering the weight Lux was hauling, Midna felt goaded into keeping her own pack and began walking toward the heart of town in search of the Magnezone sheriff. “…as for your your assignment." She lowered her voice intentionally as a trio of Nidoran passed close by, watching them scrupulously before continuing. "I want you to do a little…reconnaissance for me.” She looked sideway at Lux, wanting to see his reaction before offering further details.

Lux looked at her and said “Reconnaissance? Alright, now I assume you want to be discreet, yes. Just give me where you want me to do such a job.” Lux held the Metang and kept walking with Midna into town.

What were they looking for? A teleportation orb? Saiorse stayed relatively close to Ichiro but still looked in places the Chimchar hadn't, squinting to try to look into the darkness. Much as Ichiro had, her gaze befell a blue object, fooling her until she got closer- however, it was just an Oran Berry. This wasn't a complete loss- Oran Berries were quite useful, after all- so she wasn't too disappointed, but it still wasn't what they were looking for. At Ichiro's question, she hopped back over to his, shaking her head in dismay and holding out the Oran Berry she had picked up. "Nope, just this. I think we might have to find a way to get to another floor, if there is one," suggested the Popplio. Perhaps the subject of the mission was the curious type and had gone deeper into the cave.

"Everywhere; Carjihal, the guild, missions. I want you to be a cutiefly on the wall where the name Iga is concerned." Midna replied, keeping her eyes forward and her mouth movements subtle. To a passing pokemon, it might look as if she wasn't talking at all. "You are going to be my extra set of ears. Any information, anyone so much as whispers about the Iga guild, I want to know about it. And I want to know the names of who was whispering." There was a dangerous callous creeping into to her words now that hadn’t been there before, her eyes dark with barely-concealed malice.

But reality has a way of shaking us from our darker thoughts, and the commotion ahead of them was certainly enough to do that. Midna slowed to a halt at the sight of the harassed Magnezone sheriff, carrying the beaten form of his Magneton deputy. “What happened here…” Midna’s words were more of an observation than a question, with no evident concern for the law-enforcers condition.

Lux didn’t look at Midna and said “Of course a deal is a deal, I will keep an ear out. In fact I may have some information already.” Lux saw the Magnezone and sighed and walked up to the Magnezone and said “I have someone for you, an outlaw, Metang. I would appreciate it if you take it off my hands and I get my reward.”

Lizzie followed Saiorse and Ichiro into the cave and began to look. She decided to dig in a pile of rubble and found 2 things. A Lasso Orb and a Surround wand. "Woah, this is a lucky find." Said Lizzie as she motioned for them to come over. "This is a really useful orb but not the one we're looking for. Another thing is this." Said Lizzie holding up the wand. "I read a book about it once. It only has 1 use but it teleports all the teamates to 1 place. Now we could use this to split up and find each other easily."

All the kindred thoughts Midna had spared for the Luxio vanished at the words 'I may have some information already.’ All genial pretense gone, her expression was suddenly a blank slate of the cold, calculating focus directed at him...and it was not a pleasant look. The rest of world just white noise as her full, unrelenting focus fell on Lux.

The only think that kept her from immediately grabbing the Luxio's scruff and getting her answers by force was the sheriff's close proximity. Her horned jaw clinched with the effort of her restraint, all thoughts of turning in her own proof of mission completion forgotten. She had gone months without a solid lead on her clan’s destruction; the reward could wait. She waited impatiently as the Magnezone reluctantly directed them toward the station ahead.

The duckling made his way in the cave, while picking up an Oran Berry on his way to the other Pokémon. Before he could get any closer to the group, a Zubat and Geodude immediately came in the way!

"Heh, looks like fresh meat," The Zubat said while fluttering its wings.

"I make this one into rock statue!" The Geodude shouted before charging at the young Pokémon!

The little Pokémon growled for a brief moment, before gripping the leek in his left beak. Before the Geodude could tackle the duckling, the young Pokémon raised his leek in the air for a split second. The stalk glimmered with a bright, bluish light, before the duckling swung the leek as hard as he could! An orb of wind was summoned at the two Pokémon, before the sphere exploded into a barrage of powerful waves of condensed air!

"Hmph, such small fry," The duckling cooed to himself before resuming his task in following along the Mimikyu and the other Pokémon in a silent, discreet manner.

The sheriff took the Metang and said “Thank you for your cooperation in bringing the outlaw to us.” Lux then said “Bring the reward to the guild, I’m a recruit there, thanks in advance.”

After Lux gave the Metang over to the Sheriff and got his reward he turned to Midna. “Alright princess here is what I know. Back in my childhood days I did some work for people. Not mercenary work either, thief work. I traveled with a small group of four, and we came across Iga. We stayed for a single day then we came across the capital city of my homeland. The Duke welcomes us and he knew me and wanted me and only me to be captured. The Duke never knew my name so I left the capital and my homeland and took up work as a mercenary. As for Iga all I know is that the Duke searched everywhere for me, and if he was there then it might be burned to the ground. The Dukes name is Lionberg, the Flame of Justice.”

Midna’s violent impulse dissolved into disinterest and annoyance as Lux’s story unfolded. She waved a hand as if his words were a bad odor to be fanned away. She had heard this theory from others before, and it held no more water than a stone; she knew, she wasted time investigating that particular dead end early in her journey.

“Useless. You information is outdated. Your so-called Duke was never a relevant threat to our guild, not since Master Hanzo…” Midna stopped, giving Lux a fleeting, searching look before looking away. Realizing she had already said more than he had any business knowing, she lowered head and closed her eyes to re-focus her errant emotions. It was taboo to speak of guild knowledge to outsiders. The Iga’s very existence had been a closely guarded secret; much less the guilds inner workings.

…but if kept only within the guild and if she was the last of the Iga clan…all knowledge would die with her. The thought was a sobering one. Suppressing a sigh, she re-built her stern expression with effort and addressed Lux again. “Regardless, your assignment remains the same. Keep your ears open. If you bring me useful information, I’ll see that you’re paid well for it.”

Not intending to wait for him, she turned to walk away, her steps leading west rather than back toward the guild. She would come back for her mission reward later…if she felt like it.

Lux grinned and said “Oh how the mask has cracked.” Lux watched her leave and sighed. “If she truly didn’t believe my tale, then I suppose I have my duties cut out for me.” Lux went back to the guild and into his room and saw his reward on his bed and smiled and looked through it and took the crumbled ball of paper he had stored in his scarf. “I need a fire type for this, but if it was taken down then surely a new one will be posted, I suppose I must take them down each morning.” Lux put the ball back into his scarf and his earnings and left his room in the guild.

Ichiro pondered as Lizzie discussed the useful orb she found. "That does sound like a plan, but how do we know it would work? It's not like we're an official exploration team or anything. We just met each other today. I doubt that the orb would teleport all of us," Ichiro speculated. "I guess the best thing we can do for now goes deeper I guess since there's no sign of it around here," Ichiro said as he looked towards deeper in the cave and continued to search.

Llubemir continued to read reports on the recent criminal activity. He opened a report that both he and Magnezone worked on. "It seems that after interrogating the criminal Zangoose. We managed to get information about the criminal group. They call themselves The Crimson Knights and they are extremely dangerous and well-trained criminals with their own agendas. However, share a common goal with everyone else in the Crimson Knights. Before we could get any more information from the Zangoose he appeared to have poisoned himself and died to avoid giving more any more intel on the Crimson Knights. However, the motive and the actual scale of the criminal organization called the Crimson Knights are still unknown" The report read. Llubemir placed the documents back inside the secret compartment in his desk and opened a new bottle of rum and took a deep sniff of the opened bottle before drinking a large gulp.

He had Just Woke up this Morning, And He yawned. "Today's gonna be a Long day indeed..." Arnofio said to Himself. "Wait..." He thought again. "I swear Today is Tryout's..." he Entered A Building to see a Luxio. "I came for tryout's or Whatever..." he Said Groggily to him. "Know where I sign up?"

Lux simply gave a grin to the litwick who approached him and said “Of course, our guild master will most certainly accept you.” Lux gave a bow and said “Here let me take you directly to his room.” Lux led the way until they were outside the guild masters room and said “Alright I hope you are a member of the guild soon, explorer.” Lux then walked away and started to leave the guild.

A Magnemite silently floated over to the Sheriff’s Office after noticing the Magnezone getting back after giving someone their reward earlier. The Magnemite winced at the Sheriff slamming down a folder while hearing him shout, “We failed again men! We need to catch him before he causes more trouble!”

“There’s no doubt that he’s a sly Pokémon, and where’s the deputy?” The Magnemite replied.

“Let’s just say that our mysterious outlaw might have something to do with that. He’s being treated, so he should be fine for now,” The Magnezone responded.

“Now, we need to get more numbers, because sending out an officer, or even the deputy isn’t going to help at all. I’d like you to go over to town and tell the other officers to regroup here,” The Magnezone added before the Magnemite nodded and promptly exited the office soon after.

“Hmm, it seems as if the deputy was missing a few of his things, but at least he still had some notes from questioning the others in town earlier,” The Magnezone thought before grabbing several pages from his clipboard.

The first page read:

Ledian was questioned early morning in reguards to the events of last night. She caught a glimpse of a Pokémon nearby that resembled a small, white squirrel, though the Pokémon did not catch her attention.

There was no evidence of a struggle between anyone that night.

The next page read:

Several Pokémon were questioned during the morning after the guild’s tour. None of the Pokémon knew the outlaw’s whereabouts, though Kecleon’s shop had several items stolen.

It was reported from an injured officer that the Pokémon was last seen near the Chlorin Cave, evident by a brawl taking place nearby. There were multiple gouges and scratch marks on several rocks and on the sandy ground. The outlaw was likely an Ice-type Pokémon at the time, as multiple shards and tiny fragment of ice were present in the aftermath of the fight.

The Sheriff’s attention was primarily focused on a particular note after placing the other two pages aside for a brief moment.

The note read:

Do you know what the letters M, I and A make? Because I hope you do. If you would like to see Officer Pently for another day, then you better listen up.

You will withdraw 25,000 P from your own account without anyone’s knowledge. Put the money in a brown paper bag and stash it until the moon comes. I am not one to say this, but I would advise some rest since this could be exhausting if done incorrectly.

When darkness arises, you will grab the bag and head east of the town. You will follow the trail to the Dragon’s Den, but you must stray from the main path a couple miles in. I hear that you are good with clues, so there may be some blues as to when you should stop being on the main trail.

Come alone with the money, no more and no less. If you decide to do anything other than these instructions or disclose them to anyone, then know that the safety of Officer Pently cannot be guaranteed any longer.

You have until nightfall to make your choice.

−Anonymous

"It's tryout day! It's tryout day!~" Piper happily trotted her way up the path toward the guild, singing a repetitive, yet tone. "I know I'm rather late but hopefully I'll be alright." On her way, she spotted a Luxio leaving from the guild. "Hello stranger! You're an explorer correct? Is it too late to sign up? I hope not, I was really looking forward to joining and becoming an explorer!"

Lux sighed and said “My my so many stary eyed recruits. And to think I merely just joined today, you may go with the other one who is about to meet the guild master himself.” Lux had a grin on his face and he led the Popplio to the guild master. “Alright this is the location, now goodbye.” Lux then started to leave.

"Yeah, I guess you're right" Lizzie said as she followed Ichiro deeper into the cave. Eventually the group ran into a larger room. In the room there were more piles of rocks. "Well this is going to take a while to dig through." As she said that, 2 claws came from under the cloth and with them Lizzie started to dig.

Ichiro walked into the room and took a deep sigh. "I have a feeling that we have more of a chance to find a dead body than fins this orb now," Ichiro half-joked. Ichiro started to look around the large rocks whilst moving the rocks that were still small enough to move. As he was searching, he noticed a little sparkle in his peripheral vision. He turned his head and noticed a small orb placed between two rocks. Ichiro felt chuffed at that moment as it was likely what they were looking for. He moved the small rock out the way and picked up the orb. "I think I found it, lads," Ichiro said as he further inspected the item. He glanced over at the path. "It's a bit far from the path for it to have simply fallen out its pocket and rolled away...who cares the mission is complete now," Ichiro thought out loud. He turned to show the item to his two companions but as he did that, a strong thread of string shot at the orb hitting it and sticking the orb to the thread. The thread then retracted somewhere stealing the orb. "Oh for Arceus' sake," Ichiro complained as he looked to the source of the string.

A Spinarak was stuck to the cave ceiling, obviously doing a sneak attack. It let go of the roof and swiveled around landing on the ground in front of the trio. "This is my item! You best leave if you know what's best for you," Spinarak growled in a non-threatening voice. "It sounds like he has a blocked nose," Ichiro thought as he didn't feel even a tiny bit intimidated. Ichiro scoffed then sighed. Usually, if there is a threat confronting him, he would avoid a fight, but he felt there wasn't much of a fight to be had. He marched towards the Spinarak and towered over him. "Look here, this ain't yours. We're collecting it and you're here pretending to be all territorial. Don't be stupid and hand it over," Ichiro said as he held out his hand. The Spinarak had a moment to ponder the offer and then decided to hesitantly growl and squint at Ichiro once more. Ichiro glanced back at the two female Pokemon before just punting the Spinarak sending him flying to the wall. The orb flicked up and Ichiro casually caught it. Ichiro then simply turned and walked past Lizzie and Saiorse. "Let's go. I can't be arsed to be in this cave anymore," Ichiro said as he headed to the exit.

Midna stretched languidly atop her mossy overhang, admiring the view of the sky that her high perch afforded her. A faint brush of evening color was just beginning to bloom on the western horizon. It felt like a validation for the slight fatigue creeping into her limps after the day’s work. It had been a full day, after all.

She was an explorer. Midna gave an audible chuff of laughter at the thought. Not only that, but she’d completed a mission….at least as far as they knew. What a good little recruit she was.

Giving a n amused shake of her head, her extended horn brushed lightly against her bag at her side. The pouch was considerably lighter now, having exchanged her two nuggets of gold for currency instead. Only the massive, black scale, proof her of her missions completion weighted it down now. Between what she held now and the countless coins to her name stored around the region, she had enough to live comfortably on for the rest of her life.

…and yet, all that was worthless. She didn’t want comfort, just as she no longer craved the thrill of the next heists rewards. All she wanted now was answers; and no amount of money in the world could buy information that weren’t there to be sold. She mastered the impulse to nudge the bag right off the ledge and into the valley below. Instead, she glanced back down, focused again on the true goal that had brought her out here. The view was partially obstructed, but then she’d planned it that way. The swaying, overgrown grass would make it nearly impossible to discern her silhouette amongst the shadows, especially as they had no reason to be looking. She, on the other hand, knew right where her quarry would be and her eyes remained patiently focused on the entrance to Chlorin Cave down below.

"Uh oh, someone's coming, I better change immediately... because I got a bad feeling that they won't be fooled by the same one twice," The mysterious Pokémon thought while attempting to shift his body's form as quickly as he could.

"Hold it right there ya little punk! Don't make any sudden movements! You are ordered to stand down this instant! Do not try to resist in anyway, or else I'll be forced to give you the shock of your life!" A Magnemite yelled after noticing the little Pokémon transforming into a mole-like Pokémon.

"Tch... I'll have to admit, you cops sure are persistent. What are you going to do, question me to death?" The mole Pokémon retorted.

"Silence little mole! You sure do have a big mouth for a little Pokémon, and I'll be honest... I was not expecting an outlaw with the ranking of an S to be so small and adorable like you, but I'm afraid that it's time for more than just sitting in the corner," The Magnemite responded before charging up some electricity in her magnets.

"I won't be serving time out any time soon. You're going to have to make me," The young Pokémon countered before the Magnemite stared down the little Pokémon with her eye.

"Fine, if that's going to be the case, then I suppose a naughty boy like you deserves a huge spanking up their arse!" The Magnemite shouted before whacking little Pokémon with her electrified magnets!

"Oh ow, ow ow owie! That really hurt, oh my... not!" The mole Pokémon scorned while not having a single scratch from the sparks.

"Get on the ground right now! You're coming with me even if I have to paddle you until the end of days!" The Magnemite yelled before tackling down the mole!

"Ow, okay that really hurt!" The little Pokémon whimpered before squirming and rapidly clawing at the Magnemite!

"Stand still, you're making my job hard enough alrea- Aughhhh!" The Magnemite screamed before suddenly being struck by a powerful, crashing shock wave!

"Ack... I can't be with that cute pumpkin looking like this! I'm outta here for today!" The mole squealed before grabbing an escape orb from his bag and squishing the wonder sphere as hard as he could.

A brief moment later, there was no sign of the mole Pokémon within the dungeon.

"hello?" anybody in here...?" he said, as he Opened the door. "I heard the Tryout's were here..." he Entered The Room, and Looked around. "Is there Anyone here at ALL?" he Called out, Looking for Somebody in the Room. "Or Am I late?" he said, waiting for a Reply. He wasn;t looking for a Reply from a Certain thing. Just a Noise or Something Beside his Own voice.

Piper happily waved back at Lux as he left. "Thank you Mister! I really appreciate the help!" Piper turned around and covered her mouth. "Oh no! I never got his name....... Oh well, I'm sure I'll see him again." Piper trotted toward toward the Guild Master's office, finding the door slightly open, "Um, hello? I know I'm late but I hope that doesn't affect my chances in becoming an explorer." Piper then spotted a small lit flame in the room an recognized it as a Litwick. "Hello? Are you the Guild Mater? I was expecting someone a little more.... sophisticated looking." Piper said absentmindedly.

He heard a Voice. "Well that's Insulting." he said, Turning around. "I'm LOOKING for the Guild master. But as you can see, This room is Empty beside me." he said. "Your lucky your not a Grass type or you would be on fire by now!" he added. He then Continued to look around the room. "Your not That Sophisticated Looking either."

Piper pouted for a moment before returning to her initial expression. "If the room is empty, then why are you searching for the Guild Master in here? Haha, silly Litwick!" Piper's eyes began to sparkle as a thought entered her mind. "Oh wait, you're the one the Luxio guy was talking about right? That means you're the new guy. You don't have a team do you? I don;t either. Do you want to form one together!?" Piper had gotten a little too excited and started babbling recklessly.