• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Pirated Pokemon Merchandise

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
*Pictures a Pikachu toy in a pirate outfit*

Moving on... What kind of pirated Pokemon merch have you guys encountered either in real life or over the net?

A few days ago I ran into a blue Jigglypuff balloon and a big Pikachu balloon with a smaller blue Pikachu in the center (Pikablu lives! XD). I also found a little 'How to draw Pokemon' book which looks like it could be authentic but the Pokemon stickers included inside are abnormally colored.

This past summer I bought a plastic fan which had both Pokemon and Digimon characters on it. It was cheap, and too silly to pass up ^^

I'm sure I've seen lots more but that's all I can recall offhand. How about you guys?

Heh, for this category, nothing beats Telefang. One of those games that actually looks like it might be interesting to play.

It's not pirated, persay, but I have a Pokemon TCG guide with weird Pokemon on the front - a purple-and-red Charizard/meleon hybrid, for one. The Action Replay (GBA) had the same thing - a bizarre Kyogre and Groudon.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
When I got my shitload of Pokemon Figures, a couple of them were TERRIBLE fakes. Luckily, I think only one was a figure I didn't already have (Exeggutor) so I got away with it. The character figures, like Brock, Ash etc were all fakes but the real ones seem nigh-on impossible to come by on Ebay, so it doesn't really surprise me.

Those were a free 'bonus' anyway, so it doesn't bother me either.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
More to add to the mix.

Yesterday I found a pack of Pokemon cards that look pretty nice and are really good quality (most I've ever seen in the past were flimsy and obvious fakes), but there's no trade mark logo on the box. What's more, while the box says "Pokemon" and then something in Chinese, the cards all use the english names. I'm not sure what the Chinese Pokemon names are but I highly doubt they'd use the english ones in their dubs.

Next was some Pikachu necklace-watch thingies. They had an array of colors - yellow, blue, purple, pink, and I think green. I love blue Pika stuff XD

i have a few pokémon cards that are fake by wizards of the coast a game,
a farfetch'd watch in german that says porenta farfetch'd's german name and a ho-oh plushie

Last edited by a moderator:

Nemesis

Former Administrator
Heh, for this category, nothing beats Telefang. One of those games that actually looks like it might be interesting to play.

It's not pirated, persay, but I have a Pokemon TCG guide with weird Pokemon on the front - a purple-and-red Charizard/meleon hybrid, for one. The Action Replay (GBA) had the same thing - a bizarre Kyogre and Groudon.

Like the Kyogre/Groudon featued on Serebii's fake Pokemon page? I think that, and the Charizard, were to avoid copyright, whilst making sure people could still link the thing with Pokemon.