• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Pick n' Nick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
OOC:
Please post in here for general store activities such as buying and selling. You don't have to specify what you're selling, but you must say what you are buying. I'm going to trust that you all keep your own bell-balance, and that you actually adjust it properly with no cheating >=|

Last edited by a moderator:

Rex

Resident Furry
7:05pm

Rex entered the store, to find Nick behind the counter again. "Well! You came back!" He smirked, "I wasn't expecting you again until tomorrow." Then he put a hand to his chin, and thought for a moment. "I just got a new poster for the bulletin board, so I don't think I'll have you do that yet. Tell you what, let's start off your community service proper! I want you to help run the shop tonight. You'll be working under Stocker, he's a Sneasel. He comes in around 10, so be sure to listen to what he says."

The Linoone simply nodded, resigning himself to his fate. He might as well do this job. If he could get Sheriff on his good side, it was much more likely the Linoone could get to the city, and then all he had to do was ditch Officer Popo, and he was gone. Of course, he would never do that, if he got caught, it was back to prison. Even then, escaping the town, even if temporarily, was a nice goal to set for himself.

Rex took a seat behind the counter, while Nick disappeared among his wears again. He would probably be here all night, so he might as well prep himself.

Rex

Resident Furry
9:56am

He was really starting to hate this. He had worked in the store all night now, and, after being up all day, was extremely tired. To make matters worse, Nick had decided to continue to hold him until the clock struck ten. Rex had made himself busy tidying up the store, and had avoided all customers, only making small talk with the Sneasel behind the counter every so often. He had left in the early hours of the morning, and was replaced by the Zigzagoon. Since then all conversation had stopped, and the Linoone could only wait impatiently until the clock took pity on him.

Finally, the hour turned over. It was ten! He flew out the door, past a bemused Zigzagoon at the counter. Thank god he was out!

Dwayna DragonFire

2014 Little Cup Champion
Wednesday, Day 1, 5:40 pm

"There you are!" said Nick as Dwayna entered. "Took your time, didn't you? Well, here's your uniform for part-time work." The Zigzagoon handed the shirt over to the Flygon, who noted that it could fit around her body due to the zipper in the front. She quickly put on the green shirt with the leaf design and peered at Nick with a displeased face.

"Don't give me that look," he said to her, his slimy smile back on his face. "Now, I want the outside of my store spruced up a little bit. Here are some flower seeds and a sapling." He handed her some bags and a pot, which she grabbed tightly with her claws so as not to drop them.

"Put them wherever you like, as long as they're around my store," said Nick. "Hop to it!" He ushered her out of his store, leaving her outside in the thunderstorm. She sighed softly, resigning herself to the fact that the Zigzagoon could not be reasoned with in the least as she looked for a spot outside of his store that would be a reasonable place to start.

Dwayna DragonFire

2014 Little Cup Champion
Wednesday, Night 1, 6:15 pm

Dwayna had planted the flowers in a triangle shape around the sapling, figuring that it would be good enough of a job. She headed back inside when she was done, walking up to the Zigzagoon once again.

"Finished?" he asked the Flygon, at which she nodded. "Good. Come back tomorrow and I may have another job for you." Dwayna nodded and left the store all too gladly. She walked back towards her house, a soft sigh escaping her mouth as she went. She wondered softly to herself if it was really worth moving here after all.

Mr.RMA

Magearna before it was cool
5:27 pm

"You humans must be the lazy sort, I assume? You made that Flygon that just moved in look far more responsible" Nick asked as soon as RMA had entered the store, his arms crossed.

"Look, I'm really sorry about that. I overslept and-"

"It's fine, all is forgiven, let's just put you to work while I'm still running the place." Nick responded, pushing the human out the door.

"Now, for starters, let's have you write up an advertisement and send it to everyone in town. Entice everyone around here to come to my store."

"But...your store is the only kind around here. Don't they sorta have no choice?" RMA questioned.

"Right, they have no choice, just like you have no choice in this matter. Now, I'm certain you know your way around here by now? I'm counting on you with that ad! Really sell it!" Nick said in a somewhat encouraging tone as he gave RMA one last shove forward before turning back towards his store.

"Glorious...Truly this is the peak of slave labor..." RMA groaned as he made a slow stroll over to the post office, dragging his feet all the while.

Dwayna DragonFire

2014 Little Cup Champion
Thursday, Night 2, 2:40 am

Dwayna had gotten severely distracted on her way over to Nick's , but she made it there eventually. It still looked to be open, which meant the store was likely a 24 hour one. She walked inside, meeting the face of the Zigzagoon, who was staring at her slightly.

"Well, you're pretty late," he started, giving the Flygon a bemused grin. "Well, I have good news for you. I think I'll let you go off on your own to enjoy the rest of your life here."

Dwayna looked surprised at this, thinking she would never be let go. "What about the mortgage?" Dwayna asked, "I still have to pay you back."

"Well, I'll subtract 1,400 bells for your task, and I will buy items off of you," he said, actually seeming generous for once. "I accept practically anything for a little bit of spare change. Maybe over time you'll be able to pay me off." He had a smug smile on his face, like he doubted she would be able to do it.

"I never thought I'd say this," she replied, a bit vehemently. "But... thank you." The Flygon bowed out of the store, glad to be rid of the Zigzagoon for now. Dwayna was all too eager to head back home, so she would again find rest from the chilling cold around her.

Dwayna DragonFire

2014 Little Cup Champion
((OOC: For this segment, I did random die rolls to see what I got, as well as taking into account the rarity.))

BIC:

Friday, Day 3, 3:55 pm

Dwayna had gone down to the ocean and once there, she picked up ten random shells, resolving to keep at least one for the gift if she could. She remembered that Nick had said he would take almost anything, so surely seashells would be worth something. Or at least I hope so, she thought, or all those hours will have gone to waste.[/i}

The Flygon bee-lined for the store, walking up to the door. She hesitated slightly before opening it, realizing that he would be Nick's customer instead of employee. The Flygon wondered if she would be treated differently, but doubted it as she came face to face with the Zigzagoon again.

"Back so soon?" he asked, sweeping his eyes over her with a malevolent glance. "I can see you've almost filled your pockets, so you're no doubt eager to get whatever you have appraised." Dwayna nodded eagerly, emptying her pockets of the shells onto a nearby table.

"Ah, seashells," he said, looking over them with familiarity. "I get these a lot from newcomers." He grouped the similar looking ones together, counting them out in his head no doubt.

"Three Porcelettas, three Sand Dollars, two Doll's Tops, one Venus Comb and..." he raised his eyebrows a smidgeon, "One Conch. Altogether, that can make you... 950 Bells. Will you sell them all, or would you like to keep a few?"

950 Bells was certainly a good start, and judging by his reaction, the Conch was a bit on the rarer side. Dwayna looked over the shells, seeing that some might in fact be rarer than others, judging by the quantity of some over others. In this batch, she picked what looked to be the second most important - the Venus Comb – and plucked it off the table, leaving the others there. “I'd like to sell all the rest of them, please.”

“So, that will be 800 Bells, then,” he said, gathering all the shells on the table and putting them in a nearby box. Nick reached into his pocket and produced eight hundred Bells in bill-like money, handing them to the Flygon. Dwayna pocketed them, making a mental note to stop by the Bank when she went to the Town Hall later on. She looked around the store, noticing the section for stationary on the west side. She walked towards it, with Nick following close behind.

“Ah, stationary,” he said, nodding his head slightly. “They come in packs of four for 160 Bells each. Pick whichever one you like.” Dwayna looked at all of her choices, noticing that one labelled 'Elegant Paper' was marked up to 800 bells per four. However she also noticed a fancy green kind with golden-silvery designs on it, called 'Chic Paper'. She picked that one, handing over two of the bills she obtained earlier in exchange for the four pack and 40 Bells in change.

“Thanks for your business,” Nick said in that slimy tone again. “Have a nice day.” A shiver ran down Dwayna's spine, and she quickly left the store before he could say anything more to her. She headed to the Town Hall to put several orders of business behind her, mainly the sending of her letter.

Mr.RMA

8:00 PM

"My my, there you are! I was getting the suspicion that you had skipped town!" The Zigzagoon chuckled at the sight of his employee entering the shop.

"Thought about it, but that requires money, something you obviously know that I don't have a lot of." RMA grumbled in response. "Anyways, the letters were all sent. They should already be in everyone's mailboxes by now."

"Splendid! I guess you humans can be productive after all." Nick replied happily.

"Yeah...imagine that..."

"That aside, you've done your job, so I'm going to let you go on your own from here. You've earned roughly 1,400 bells with that last job, so I'll just deduct that from your mortgage, and you can go about your own business paying off the rest as you wish. If you need any help of course, I'll be more than willing to buy any items off you for some profit on your part."

RMA blinked in response unsure just how to feel about this. On one hand, he was no longer forced to work for this...err...questionable individual any longer, but on the other hand, now he had to find out how to pay off his debt on his own. "...Um...thank you then." He finally murmured, edging away from the store. 'Well, this is probably for the best. I couldn't stand working for that hack anyways.' he thought as he made his way back outside. Taking off his uniform in relief, he decided after quick consideration to head back home. It was late, and even if he had only just woken up, and even if he was quite accustomed to this cold weather, there really was no point in doing anything else from his perspective.

Dwayna DragonFire

2014 Little Cup Champion
Saturday, Night 4, 3:35 am

Dwayna walked into the store with her pockets nearly filled again, though this time was slightly different. She had picked up a piece of coral, and a different kind of shell she hadn't seen before. She walked into Nick's and spilled the seashells and coral onto the selling table to have them appraised.

The Zigzagoon sneered slightly, perhaps at the fact that she was insistent on collecting Bells so quickly. But a thought crossed his face and he smiled his malevolent smile again before walking over to look at the shells. Nick sorted them into piles again, counting them in his head and muttering under his breath.

"Four Porcelettas, two Sand Dollars, two Doll's Tops, one Coral and..." he hesitated again, "... One White Scallop. Altogether, I will give you 1,120 Bells." It was a little more than last time, which probably meant those two new additions added a little bit on.

"I'll sell them all, please," said Dwayna, taking the money when it was given to her. She looked around the shop, but she wasn't interested in anything at the moment. She decided to go back home for the evening, happy to have some more money on hand.

Mr.RMA

9:40 am

RMA walked into the store, immediately dropping the apples on the table before Nick was even able to respond.

"I'd like to sell these, if that's alright." He said, his voice still giving off a tired tone from him having only woken up recently.

"Done a bit of harvesting now, have we?" Nick remarked with his usual, almost sinister smirk. Quickly counting up the total of the fruit that laid before him before looking back up at RMA. "Now, as you probably know, apples are pretty easy to find around here. There isn't much value to 'em, but I can still manage to offer you 100 bells for each of them, so that'd be a total of 1100 bells."

"Alright, done deal" RMA answered back as the two made the exchange.

"I'll assume that you're planning on using some of that for your mortgage?" Nick made sure to ask before RMA could leave, the Zigzagoon's tone decidedly difficult for him to read as either serious or humorous.

"We'll see..." he grumbled back, pocketing the bells and walking out of the store. What he had made wasn't a fortune, but at least it was a start.

Status
Not open for further replies.