• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS Pick a Pokemon Version 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of you might have seen my topic Pick a Pokemon. If you didn't, I had this problem where I couldn't find a good pokemon to go in the 6th slot of my pearl team. Well, I'm still on a search. But this this time, I'm also listing pokemon in my PC that I could easily raise to be good enough for my team. Here it goes.

Eligible pokemon:
Brave Graveler
Naive Machamp
Adamant Ponyta
Timid Rapidash
Bashful Makuhita
Rash Loudred
Naughty Dragonair
Hardy Pikachu
Adamant Azelf
Rash Banette
Serious Poliwhirl
Calm Seadra
Modest Fearow
Naughty Primeape
Relaxed Cresselia
Quirky Hippodown
Modest Cacturne
Sassy Magcargo
Modest Makuhita
Lax Doduo
Gentle Corphish
Docile Ampharos
Quirky Rhydon
Naive Staraptor
Quiet Weepinbell
Bashful Shaymin
Lax Camerupt
Hardy Ditto
Rash Tropius
Naive Gyarados
Bold Seaking
Relaxed Tentacruel
These are all options. Once I list my team, choose one you think is best, and send suggestions. Now for my team.

Infernape@Cleanse Tag
Gentle
-Rock Smash
-Close Combat
-Cut
-Blast Burn

Girantina@Spell Tag
Rash
-Shadow Force
-Heal Block
-Earth Power
-Fly

Heatran@Lum Berry
Calm
-Rock Slide
-Lava Plume
-Fire Spin
-Iron Head

Skuntank@Dread Plate
Impish
-Slash
-Night Slash
-Flamethrower
-Iron Tail

Walrien@Quick Claw
Impish
-Rest
-Snore
-Blizzard
-Sheer Cold

Good Luck!!

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
I suggest the Relaxed Cresselia. With 3 Pokemon weak to Earthquake you need someone who can resist it. Plus, its Nature is perfect for a Calm Mind set:

Cresselia @ Leftovers
Relaxed
Levitate

- Psychic
- Ice Beam
- Calm Mind
- Rest/Moonlight

Your Nature boosts your Defense stat and with Calm Mind, you can boost your Sp.Defense stat too. Psychic for STAB, Ice Beam for Dragons, both of which will hit a lot harder thanks to Calm Mind. For the recovery move, both Moonlight and Rest have major flaws in my opinion, but unfortunately Cresselia doesn't have anything better than that. Pick the one which you prefer.

FINALLY!!!! That is a great idea. My search is over. In fact KingOfLucario, PM me if you want to be my friend. Just one thing. Should I substitute Rest/Moonlight for Toxic or Thunder Wave? I think every pokemon should have a status condition move(not counting Ice Beam, that only has a 10% chance of freezing the opponent).

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
With Calm Mind, Cresselia doesn't need Toxic since its Sp.Attack will get pretty high and it will be able to deliver quite a lot of damage with its attacks. Thunder Wave is a possibility, although I wouldn't sacrifice a recovery move for it and the other three moves are essential for the set to work. That's just my view - best thing to do is test it out a bit, rearrange the moves and see what works best for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.