• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Petty Theft; Something Worse

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
"Don't make me laugh, Sem," Yoshimitsu said, smirking. With one solid movement, he swung the Bahamut blade in his left hand round to meet Sem's gunblade. With his other hand, he pointed the guard of Shinkuu to Sem's midriff, and fired a blast of flames from it, hopefully burning the otterfish into submission.

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
Sem felt the flames begin to lick at his body and reacted quickly, drawing moisture from the air and covering himself. He worked hard to keep the water in a liquid state, it wanted so much to turn to steam due to the intensity of the flames.

Sem kicked off the flat of Yoshimitsu's blade and landed only a meter away, allowing the water to turn to steam and fired a column of the super heated vapor at him.

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
"No, Sem, you're not getting it!" Yoshimits grinned, vanishing completely. The column of steam just hit thin air, continuing past where Yoshimitsu had been stood previously. The blue-haired warrior was stood a fair distance away, holding both of his swords together in a battle stance, the black of his masked eye glowing a vivid red.

"You want to taste pain, Sem?" Yoshimitsu smirked, his voice full of confidence and danger now. Both of his swords were glowing crimson, with sparks of blue and gold flowing over them. "Cero Flare." He swung both swords with alarming strength, releasing a powerful wave of glowing, blue, gold and crimson flames that rocketted towards Sem.

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
Sem yelled in pain as he was thrown from the pillar by the flames. Smoke trailed from various places on his body as he flew.

Gritting his teeth, Sem reached out as he was about to hit another pillar. He latched onto the rock with all four limbs, claws raking against the stone as he slide down the face of the column. He gathered liquid around his hands and froze them to the rock, holding him in place.

The aquamor sighed and looked around. The pillar Yoshimitsu was on was directly behind him. He really was powerful, and he needed help. He had no idea what Database was up to. It would make things easier if his element was readily available, and so he made it happen.

He leaned back, the ice around his paws being the only thing stopping him from falling into the abyss below. He closed his eyes and let his mind wander across the area. In only moments rumbling was heard, and a darkness soon descended upon the forest of columns. Lightning flashed and thunder roared ravenously as the black clouds let loose their rain as they came ever closer. Thunderheads came from all directions, meeting at the point directly above the aquamor. Sem sighed in relief as the rain fell upon him, seeming to heal his burns.

The ice around his paws melted away and he fell back onto another ice-platform, though this one smaller. It elevated him to the top of the pillar, where he stepped off onto the stone and faced Yoshimitsu. His fingers cracked as he took a stance, holding one arm behind him and the other in front.

A shrieking wail filled the air, rain drops froze and got caught up in the attack. Sem sent flurry of snow at Yoshimitsu, in hopes of further hindering the super-warrior's vision. Using the small-scale blizzard to buy him time, Sem got to work. He ran, jumping off the platform and being caught once more by a disk. Facing the pillar he was just on he flexed his arms. A moan filled the air as the rock shuddered. Cracks were heards and chunks of stone broke free. He was using the water to snap off the top of the river.

After mere moments he successfully had the massive piece of rock under his control. The disk rotated, allowing him to throw the massive stone at Yoshi's pillar. There was an explosion that rocked the area when the the rock collided with the stationary pillar, shattering both to pieces. Acting quickly Sem gained control of the debris from the second pillar. The otterfish held the dozens of large pieces in the air, allowing the rainwater the soaked them to freeze, giving him better control.

"He escaped, no doubt..." Sem muttered. "But will he expect this?" And with that Sem threw the collection of boulders after the super-human.

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
"Sem..." Yoshimitsu said, reaching to another buckle and snapping it off. He felt another tenth of his power return to him. Without any hesitation, he powered up. With an alarmingly bright flash, the hair on his head that was blue flashed into gold, and a vivid golden aura formed around him. Still, he was not at his full power, so he could not maintain this form for long. However, he had enough time to do what he wanted.

The snow did not concern him. Despite it clouding his vision, his new, more powerful form granted his other senses higher levels. True, his touch sense was registering a lot of cold right now, and his taste sense was solely water, he could hear past the snow. The otterfish was up to something. One he heard the loud crack, he knew already that Sem had thrown one of the pillars at him. In one solid, swift movement, he spun into a slash, releasing a wave of red and black energy at the incoming rock, sending it past him entirely.

However, the start of the next attack caught him by surprise - a boulder smashed into his arm, breaking it in three parts. He gritted his teeth, and used his other arm to slice through the rest of the incoming chunks of rock.
"You think you're so clever, don't you, Sem?" Yoshimitsu snarled as a green glow covered his arm. The bone mended itself, but his arm still didn't feel completely right. The bones were fixed temporarily, but considering his predicament, he didn't bother completely healing them. With another swift movement, he was in another battle pose.

"You think a snowstorm can slow me down?" Yoshimitsu snapped, the glow around him intensifying. "You're got another think coming. Cero EXPLOSION!" Yoshimitsu roared the last word, and as he did, that strange red and black, evil energy exploded out of him like a series of shockwaves, completely shattering the platform below him to dust. It expanded out of him, eradicating all it touched.

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
There was no time to think, just act. Sem's mind reverted to a somewhat primal state where survival was key. He felt the heat of the explosion near him, and heard the hiss of millions of raindrops turning to steam.

He sped away on his platform in an attempt to out-speed the explosion. He could still feel the heat on him as if it was always just a second away from consuming him. The platform under his feet began to melt. His mind returned to him and he realized he had one shot.

Holding out his arms behind him, he gathered rainwater as he went along. In moments he had a good-sized amount. He quickly jumped onto a still standing pillar, adding his ice-disk to his reservoir. He pushed out his arms towards the explosion. The water enveloped him in a bubble of sorts. He focused all his attention on his liquid cocoon, forcing it to stay in a liquid state as the explosion came and passed over. Individual molecules were kept in place, for if they were let go of they would immediately bounce around like mad, converting that already hot water to steam, a useless defense in that scenario.

When he felt as if he could hold it no longer the explosion subsided. He let loose his control immediately and the water around him dispersed. The pillar he stood on was no longer there and so he fell. He fell only for a few moments before he could summon enough strength for another platform to catch him, but already it was dark and he could not see. His breathing was irregular as he was elevated. His muscles ached and his bones moaned. Rain drops resumed their fall, their coolness soothed the aquamor, filling him with tiny bursts of energy.

Sem sat upright, rubbing his head with his paws. He found the nearest pillar that was not destroyed by the explosion and landed there. He winced as he stood up and looked over at the blazing light that was Yoshimitsu.

"You asked me how far I was willing to go, I ask you the same question!" he shouted at the golden-haired male.

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
"If you knew the history of this place, you'd understand just how far I can and will go," Yoshimitsu spat, twirling one of his swords. "You don't understand just what is at stake here. I'm protecting my world from people who might cause it any harm, and that means I'm willing to put my life on the line. But you, Sem, you're not fighting for anything like what I am. Where's your resolve? Your purpose? Let me show you just what my resolve can do!"

"Hydroshock!" Yoshimitsu roared, his Guan Dao forming in the air around him. "Into the Guan Dao!" There was another flash, and suddenly the armour around his arms had extended further, down his back. However, the plates were a different colour - while the Bahamut-based armour was a deep blue, the new armour was an electric blue, and the plates were a different style. They extended, curving round, each section with a very jagged, sharp spike. It was forming a tail. At the end of the tail was a very large, very sharp curved blade that was crackling with electricity.

"Can you face the might of another dragon?" Yoshimitsu asked, flicking the new tail. He spun in the air, swinging the new blade round him like a whip and releasing a wave of electricity. One he was facing forward again, he brought both of his other blades swinging down, releasing more of the red-and-black energy in two 'blades'.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
When Database opened his eyes again, he was floating in the air, high above the battle that raged below. As he looked, he saw a huge explosion envelop them both, and he saw the otterfish desperately defend against it. He knew he had ot return to the battle, but how?

Then, he noticed. The dimension change had radically altered his metal armour - each piece, before a brilliant silver, had turned a deepest black. His metal arm tingled, twitched. It was seemingly broken into pieces. He reached over to touch it, and recoiled in surprise - the fingers had combined into five gun-barrels, and his forearm was glowing a deep black: dark energy. His metal arm had turned into a kind of gun - one that did not need ammunition, nor unreliable energy packs; it fed off the new kind of energy that was in this world, the kind that wasn't present on earth. His kickpack had also been upgraded - it was no longer a tool for simply jumping high into, he could now hover with it as well. Database was stronger. Much stronger.

With this realisation, Database looked down again. Yoshimitsu was poised to strike again, but Sem was clearly injured, and probably wouldn't be able to defend himself. And Yoshimitsu wasn't paying attention to Database, floating up in the sky. Now, it was his turn. Turning his body around, he lined himself up with Yoshimitsu, and fired his kickpack again - shooting towards Yoshimitsu from high in the air, he opened fire, firing streams of dark bullets towards his enemy, and finally diving straight into him from above, his body glowing with energy. This battle was far from over.

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
As Database rocketed down towards Yoshimitsu, Sem realized that this could be their one shot to deal some good damage to him.

Finding some resolve, Sem gathered another large amount of water and absorbed the charge of the electricity, electrifying the water. He held the mass with his right arm and used his left hand to order another large amount of water get under him and launch him over the energy attack and at Yoshimitsu.

Once airborne Sem pulled out his gunblade once more and began shooting, adding his bullets to the chaos that was Database's storm of flying metal. As he neared the glowing-Yoshi he released his hold of the electrified water, letting the large blob fall towards Yoshimitsu.

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
Yoshimitsu's eyes snapped to Database, who for some reason had managed to recover and get stronger. He particularly noticed the difference in the metal, and how it had adapted to his body. Quickly, he ripped another buckle from his body and covered himself with the armour of his swords, the supernatural shield helping to block the incoming dark energy bullets. However, as soon as he heard the first bullet from the gunblade fired, he twisted his tail round to form a pseudo-shield.

However, the one thing he didn't expect was the electrified water. It dropped on and past him in a moment, but the electricity lingered in his body, sending his muscles into spasms.
"Not good," he thought to himself. He felt his summon control fade and flicker into nothing, leaving him loosely gripping his swords, the guan dao falling entirely. "I need to direct this somehow."

With a huge effort, he pointed both of his swords downwards, focusing with all of his might on the electrical energy that was currently sending his systems into shock, and channelled the electricity through his swords and straight out of him, blasting at Sem. With the electricity drained, he focused instead on healing himself, his entire body glowing green. His clothes were looking worse for wear now, his shoes almost literally falling off his feet and his pants smoking, a few holes in them.

"I'm kinda impressed," Yoshimitsu said, feeling his healing energy restoring his body. He looked at his swords, and recalled the Bahamut-armour summon control, those plates forming again. He glanced below him, and summoned his guan dao back, regaining the summon control there too. "That really fucking hurt."

"Oh yeah, Database, I like the new look," Yoshimitsu commented, nodding to the cyborg. "Of course, your type of metal isn't present here, and this world is almost sentient. It makes sense that it'd change anything not compatible with this world... though sometimes, I wish it didn't. But I'm getting tired of this fight now. Let's see how you handle this little move."

Yoshimitsu pointed both of his swords at Database, and his tail blade at Sem, focusing on that evil energy of the Cero beams he had been using. With another buckle gone, he was free to use his new technique. As he focused, his mask warped and changed, now covering his entire face. It was split into two different halves - the right side resembled Bahamut's face, while the left looked like Hydroshock. He concentrated, all of his blades glowing a vivid green-blue colour.

"Ultimate Cero," he said, and with the sound of a cannon firing, he fired two green-blue beams of that unusual energy at his foes.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Landing nearby, Database nodded back to Yoshimitsu, and lowered his arms.

"It wouldn't be fair now if only you got stronger, would it?"

And with that, and the oncoming beam of light, Database kickpacked up again, letting loose a volley of shots at Yoshimitsu while he was distracted with the attack, and then dropped, activating his kinetic shield, glowing a deepest black, and landed in the Ultimate Cero's path, bracing himself for the impact. It came suddenly and powerfully, blasting past Database's shield, scattering in all directions. With his arms in front of his face, Database leaned forward and kickpacked again, blasting straight down the deadly beam, scattering it in all directions, and smashed his metal arm down onto Yoshimitsu's swords, attempting to knock them clear.

ETA: Moar

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
Sem only had a moment to act, but that moment took an eternity to pass. As he saw the flash of the attack explode from Yoshimitsu's hand he mind escaped him, receding deep into his sub-consciousness. He felt a coolness was over him, like the caresses of ocean waves enveloping him in soothing rhythm. He was escaping into his own essence, his well of power, where centuries of experience lay.

All was dark, but he felt the coolness grasp onto him and flow into him, powering him with more strength and skill than he previously had, filling him with energy.

He went into action before he was even fully in control of his body, as if his mind simply acted first. Rain condensed in front of him, in a swift motion he waved his arms out, causing the water to form a casing of sorts around the beam and the beam's summoner. The water froze into a perfectly smooth ice shell, more water froze as it fell around it, thickening the shell. Sem hoped that the beam would successfully reflect off the smoothness of the prison and hit Yoshimtsu who was inside.

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
The beam did, indeed, bounce around the ice 'cell'. However, Yoshimitsu seemed completely unconcerned, even with the wounds inflicted by Database's attack. Even though the beam was blasting around the cell endlessly, he was allowing himself to be thrown around the ice prison. This was down to one reason. The cero was blasting the buckles from his body.

At this point, the cero was doing nothing to him.

With a rush of what felt like pure energy, the ice prison shattered around him. Yoshimitsu was letting off a glow, a pure white glow as his final buckles dissolved away. The cero had gone. His summon control had gone. He was stood, holding two swords in his hands, on apparently thin air. His mask had gone completely, and there were no signs of him powering up any further.

"Sem, do you know what you just did?" Yoshimitsu asked, his voice alarmingly quiet and calm. "Those buckles, I told you what they did. Let me explain further, on two things. The first, those three buckles gone, the two that just went and one from before... They're stronger than the others. The only reason I have them is a just in case thing. Just in case on Earth, there's something so strong I need to get a sudden power up instead of smaller ones. Those three buckles hold half of my complete power, and you just helped me get rid of them."

Yoshimitsu paused to heal the wounds inflicted by Database.
"The other point... I'm the only person in this world who can use my specific kind of power. The cero, the mask, it's all due to darkness. Darkness of one's heart - if you can overcome and control it, you can get so much stronger. But that cero is an energy of sorts, it's a blast of pure, undiluted darkness, dark energy that lives in everyone's heart. In some, it's stronger than most people, like mine. That power's unique, so no one made these buckles to be resistant. You just helped me get to full power, and now you're gonna feel the effects."

Yoshimitsu grinned, then vanished. It looked like he was teleporting. Actually, he was really moving too fast to be seen. The effects were felt, though. A rush of wind moving past his opponents. There was an explosion, and suddenly the pillars in the immediate vicinity exploded and were reduced to dust. Yoshimitsu settled on a spot in the air, his hand in front of his face, summoning that silver, pointed mask.

"So how about now? Still think you have a chance at winning?" He said. He clicked his fingers, and suddenly an explosion of pure, undiluted energy blasted from him in a shockwave, shattering anything nearby.

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
Sem snarled to himself, he seemed to be doing more bad than good in this fight. He ran and dover off of the pillar he was on as it shattered. He effortlessly made the rain propel him upwards, over the explosion of shockwaves that rocked the stone forest.

Sem was hurled past the rain and into the clouds themselves where he held himself in place by crafting a small platform of ice underneath him. "All out it is then..." the otterfish sighed as he stood within the cloud, holding out his arms with his eyes closed. The storm raged as destruction played across the land below. The clouds got darker, the rain beat harder.

In a graceful and swooping motion the aquamor dove off of the platform, as if diving into a pool, and started to spiral as he fell. Water streamed along after his fingertips and his body spun, stopping its fall to earth in order to follow Sem's movements. A roar soon filled the air as a poweful cyclone of water was spawned, poised at Yoshimitsu. The force of nature descended from the sky like a javelin, spinning faster and faster. Sem broke free of the currents and summoned another platform.

Sem outstretched his arms to the sky above him once more, focusing on the rain. In only moments he converted all the falling water to a rare state, where it was below the freezing temperature yet still in a liquid state. The droplets would freeze as soon as they made contact with any surface. Hopefully by the time the shining warrior noticed it would be too late.

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
"Another water show?" Yoshimitsu asked wearily. "If I must... Rise into nothing... Shinkuu." Shinkuu immediately warped to its whip-like state, and Yoshimitsu moved his arm quickly, the blade whirling around him with the force of a hurricane. He flicked his wrist, and the blade whipped round and cut straight through the incoming water, causing it to split off to either side of him. Immediately, he started whirling Shinkuu around him again, creating a protective shell of sorts.

"And a rain storm," Yoshimitsu commented. The blade he was twirling was moving too quickly for the rain to hit him. He looked at ice forming on the blade as the water hit it and raised an eyebrow. Unfortunately, his arm chose that moment to seize up. His body was objecting to so much effort and energy when the bones were still only just useable. The rain hit him full force, freezing him in a matter of seconds as he swore internally. Before the ice could shut his brain down, he focused on his most dangerous technique.

There was a flash of light in the sky that pierced the clouds. A pillar of light shot down, seeming to trap Yoshimitsu within it. As soon as it hit the blue haired warrior, the light intensified, then exploded outwards with cataclysmic power. Inside the light, however, something else was happening. There was one thing Yoshimitsu's body did automatically when it was out of action. A vast number of wires shot out of his spine and wrapped themselved around every part of his body, carrying with them a deep blue material. This material locked itself around his body perfectly, covering all the wires. It was an armour of sorts, but it changed his appearence vastly.

He was suddenly at least a foot taller, if not more. His head had changed, covered by a helmet and mask of sorts. The eyes were yellow, devoid of any pupil or iris. He had no nose or mouth. On his jaw line were two unusual looking vents, a jet of steam blasting from them momentarily. In the middle of his forehead was a strange disc that seemed to glow, just underneath a slightly curved horn with a diamond point on the end. His body had changed as well, the armour looking more like muscles outside of the skin, though his feet looked distinctly alien-esque. On his forearms, there were two short, curved blades that seemed to shimmer slightly.

The Guyver unit had taken over while Yoshimitsu's mind recovered. And the Guyver unit was merciless.

In one quick movement, Yoshimitsu pulled his palms back so that were parallel, and the disc on his forehead started glowing. A crimson orb formed between his palms, an orb that contained power very much like a star going supernova, though on a much smaller scale. He thrust his palms at Sem, and the orb shot straight at him, ready to explode upon impact.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Database was in the wrong place at the wrong time. He was crouching just behind Sem after his previous attack, breathing heavily, and preparing for his next strike. However, that was not yet to come.

A powerful blast was coming his way, like a star exploding towards him on a smaller scale. Database didn't have time to think, realising that his aquamor ally could not survive the fiery blast that raged towards them. Standing up, quickly, he ran forward and shoulder-barged Sem hard, hoping that he would be knocked out of the way of the blast, and then bracing himself for what might be his final stand.

The fire, the energy, the blast washed over him, all in less than a second. The fire burned his flesh and scorched his armour, licking around his back and sending excruciating bolts of pain all through his body. He blacked out.

And then, a ghostly voice came from Database's body, through his mouth. It was made by his throat, but the voice was not his. "Omrah. Come to me." Database was, amazingly, alive, but more unlikely still was that he was glowing. Black energy covered his body, and his flesh was covered in glowing red stripes. It seemed that in his moment of unconsciousness, his mutated armour had grown, covering his whole body, and absorbing the supernova around him. Database had changed again, became tuned into the atmosphere and matter around him. He was stronger, now.

"Let's see how you can handle this."

Raising his gun-arm, he fired again, sending a volley of dark bullets at Yoshimitsu, and then he ran forwards, leaping into the air, firing still. Then, he lifted his flesh arm, and threw it forwards. A cutting blade, like a large shuriken, formed instantly and shot at Yoshimitsu. Landing on the ground behind Yoshimitsu, Database flung himself around, ready for the next wave of attacks.

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
Yoshimitsu moved with surprisingly agility, considering his mind was currently inactive. The Guyver unit was a fighting machine, designed to keep the host body alive and intact. Even when the host was unconscious, it could still rapidly assess the situation, deciding on the best course of action. As Database fired a round of dark bullets, Yoshimitsu's power medal glowed vividly, and a series of needles of energy blasted from his horn, meeting the majority of the bullets that were on target and causing them to explode.

Even as the shuriken came his way, Yoshimitsu jumped over it, flipping in the air and charging at Database. As he ran, the blades on his forearms extended, vibrating violently. He spun round into a horizontal slash. If it landed, the blades would be vibrating at such a frequency that he would literally slice Database in two.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Database jumped, tucking his legs up to his chin, placing his arms on the Guyver unit's head, and crouching on top of it. In the next moment, he had rocketed upwards, the flames from his kickpack scorching Yoshimitsu's protective, and destructive, armour.

Twenty feet or more in the air, he stopped, hovered for a moment, and raised his hand, making a slicing motion. At that very instant, the shuriken flew back at a huge velocity, aiming straight for the Guyver Unit's legs. Finally, to complete the attack, Database raised his hands over his head, gathering dark energy around him which condensed into a huge conical lance of pure dark energy which covered his whole body, and turned over, facing downwards, directly at Yoshimitsu's head, and fired his kickpack once more, spinning and sending his body straight down, aiming straight for the centre of the Guyver Unit's head.

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
The Guyver unit didn't even flinch as the flames rolled around him, dulling his armour somewhat but not appearing to damage it. Quickly, he shot up into the sky, his power medal glowing as it altered the gravity immediately around him, allowing him to jump higher than he should be able to. In the air, he spun, arm blade extending as he sliced clean through the shuriken, the vibration easily seperating the incoming blade. He spun again, but was hit dead on by Database's second attack, sending him plummetting into the pillar below.

Dust rose all around him as the pillar cracked, a crater formed around Yoshimitsu's body from the impact. The air was still. Yoshimitsu's body was not moving, though it lay there, eyes still open. Electricity seemed to spark across the power medal. Something had gone wrong within the unit. The impact to the power medal was almost too much for the unit to handle, but thankfully the damage was not as severe as it could have been. It was still intact.

Suddenly, the Guyver unit's eyes turned crimson, and he shot into the sky, both palms glowing with those same firey orbs as earlier. He threw the first almost lightly at Database, but immediately launched the second one afterwards. At the rate they were going, they would collide just before they hit the cyborg, and explode violently. Quickly, while still in the air, Yoshimitsu sunk his fingers into the centre of his chest, and drew back the right breast pannel. Underneath, it looked fleshy, organic, with a crystalline structure on the breast. Inside, something seemed to be moving. It stirred, then glowed bright. With the sound of a cannon being fired, a bright beam of white energy exploded from his chest, firing down at Database with the speed of a bullet.

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
Sem stood silent for a moment after being saved from impending death caused by a small-scale sun. He delved deeper into himself, garnering more ancient elemental power.

He was already on the move before he even opened his eyes. He ran towards the dueling pair, hopping across the gaps between pillars using water to propel him further than he normally could on his own. Once he was closed enough to the armored unit that was Yoshimitsu, he jumped into a flip, kicking towards Yoshimitsu. A column of rain water followed his foot and fell towards, Yoshi like a giant tendril, ready to knock him out of the sky. Sem flipped and kicked again, doing the same, only this time freezing the pillar of liquid.

Sem landed softly and raced off his pillar and jumped all to the way to the ice pillar, running its length as it fell. When he was near the end he dove off the side and pulled out a single gunblade, taking aim at the strange crystal on the metal-unit; he fired.

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
Yoshimitsu quickly reacted - his armblades, which had retracted, extended once more and began vibrating violently, appearing to shimmer somehow. As the first attack came crashing down, the water, he sliced straight through it. Quickly closing his chest, he looked upwards to defend from the ice, but it was too fast and he was sent plummeting into the abyss.

The Guyver Unit was a combat unit that was aware of all of its functions, even if the host was not. As he fell, the stange orb at his waist started glowing, and his descent slowed until he stopped entirely. Quickly, he opened his chest, revealing an similar crystal on his other half. With a flash of light, he fired a powerful beam, much more powerful than the one he had attacked Dataase with, and was sent flying into the sky, the gravity around him returning to normal as he landed on one of the pillars.

Systems recovering
Currently at 35%
Estimated time of recovery: 5 minutes
Using reserve power to recover

The Guyver Unit quickly dodged to the side as Sem shot at him. He glared at the otterfish, and fired a series of energy needles at him, hopefully stalling him.

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
Sem barely landed on a pillar when the Guyver Unit counter-fired. The aquamor swiped at the incoming beams, creating a streak of ice to act as a shield. It worked at the start, but one energy needle broke through, hitting him in the arm and sending him spiraling off the column of stone.

As he fell, the otterfish delved even deeper inside himself, past his core and into the inner sanctum of his power, where the element he had charge over was raw and powerful. The energy from that inner temple unleashed itself unto the creature's body, coursing through every vein.

He opened his eyes and was immediately caught in a bubble of sorts. It sank inward and bounced Sem up through the air and onto the pillar once more. He looked intently at the metallic soldier and attacked once again. Sem raised his arms and threw them out as if he were wanting to pin down an enemy. The arms vanished into immense tentacles of liquid that seemed to have come from his very arms. They cut through the air, condensing into highly pressurized whips, strong enough to cut diamond.

While the whips aimed to hold down his enemy's arms, Sem jumped into a twirl, his seeming to be no longer a part of him. He became a spiraling spout of water that arced the air and went straight towards the crystal core of Yoshimitsu's suit.

Sem had entered a state where he could not only controlled his element with simply his mind, he was his element, and the height of his power.

The vortex of water that was Sem became solid as it raced toward the core, freezing and adding to its power.

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
Warning. Guyver Unit is contained.
Recovery at 45%.

The Guyver Unit was always thinking, always acting and analyzing any fight. However, one of Sem's whips had locked itself around his arm, and brute strength was not helping him break free. However, the Guyver Unit was also ridiculously reckless. Despite knowing exactly what vibrating the water could do, he swept a sonic blade through the tendril that was holding his arm in place. While it succeeded in freeing his arm, the water exploded violently and sent shocks up his arm, rendering it useless.

The Sem connected with his chest.

Despite his chest still being closed, it had still been punctured, and the crystal under his left breast had cracked. It was now glowing violently, blasting out a ray of light that was blinding, freely releasing waves of electrical energy into the air around him.

Warning. Guyver Unit disabled.
Retreating to host to regenerate.
Recovery at 47%

Yoshimitsu blinked. He felt shattered. Not to mention cold, but that was understandable since he was wearing only his trousers, which had been reduced to shorts. Thankfully, the pouch holding the crystal was still in one piece. He clapped his hands together as he examined his situation, forming a green orb in between his palms and thrusting it into his chest. Healing energy. It would take some time to get his systems back to full, but for now it was all he could do. He looked up, and saw Sem, fully charged by water. As his hair flashed into gold, he shot straight into the sky, summoning his mask as he did so.

"Sem, Database, this fight is getting you no where. Just agree to disappear, and I wont have to do something I'll regret later," Yoshimitsu said, masking his current situation under bravado. To emphasise his point, both of his hands started crackling with electricity, and he readied himself for the next round of attacks.

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
"I can't give up until I have that stone," Sem stated as the ice and water flowed together, returning Sem to his aquamor-form. He knew in the back of the mind that if they were ever to prevail over Yoshimitsu, Sem would then have to turn on Database. He decided he would cross that bridge when he came to it.

A cradle of liquid elevated Sem into the air, and with a wave of his arm, thousands of rain drops froze to pointed tips and fired through the air at Yoshimitsu like a volley of arrows.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
The amount of time that had passed since this fight had started was lost to Database's mind; he was squarely set on recovering the contents of that pouch... or at the very least, stopping the superhuman or the aquamor from taking possession of it - at any cost. Even if it killed him. And that, unfortunately, was highly likely. And so, Database knew what he had to do. But not yet. The power afforded to him by the great leaders was still strong, and he was relying on that to end this battle before he ran out of either energy or ideas.

His thoughts returning to the present, Database raised his arms. A hail of raindrops fell all around him, except they weren't raindrops, they were more sinister. Completely black, they rained down on his body, hissing as they hit his metal armour, each raindrop causing his arms and shoulders to glow crimson. Standing completely still, Database continued this strange process, until he was glowing brightly, so brightly that he caused the ground around him to light up as well.

"Your bravado is admirable, but you are weaker than you claim." Database's ghostly voice, no, Omrah's ghostly voice spoke, not from his lips, but from inside him. And then, he lowered his arms, slowly, a metallic hiss sounding from his body, and then, in the blink of an eye, he had shot himself forward, firing like a bullet, straight towards Yoshimitsu, and then human and ghost spoke in unison.

"Okibikashi!"

And a huge red and black beam erupted from his outstretched hands: a pure black beam 4 feet wide at least, and twisting round it like deadly snakes, three red beams, circling the black beam, getting ever closer to it, firing straight at Yoshimitsu - before all four beams combined, mere inches from Database's enemy, and expanding to twice it's original size, enveloping Yoshimitsu instantly.

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
Yoshimitsu's threw his arms around himself, quickly summoning Bahamut's ghostly form as a shield, pulling his swords out as he did so. With a flash, it once again looked like Bahamut was coiling himself around the masked teenager, protecting him from harm. It wasn't nearly as effective as it should have been, and at least a third of the ice needles penetrated his defense, opening cuts all over his body. Acting on impulse, he spun round, slashing with both swords, each blade releasing a wave of gold and blue flames that stopped the ice, for now at least. As fast as he could with his strength still not returned yet, he looked up to see what Database was doing.

"Your bravado is admirable, but you are weaker than you claim."

"Oh shit..." Yoshimitsu thought to himself. The sound of someone who was definitely not the cyborg talking was more than slightly troubling. However, what was more troubling was the fact that Database was launching his next attack. He vaguely heard Database's war cry, but the beam that was now firing at him at lightning speed was his primary concern. Again, acting on instinct, he threw up a barrier in front of him and crossed his swords, bracing for the attack. There was no chance to dodge, he'd just have to try to stop it.

The beam hit. Hard. Yoshimitsu felt himself, in his protective bubble, being forced into the pillar below him, the rock cracking and flying up around him. The beam was strong. Yoshimitsu could feel sweat on his brow, on his arms which were straining to support the barrier, and all the while he was being pushed further and further into the pillar that was exploding around him. Screwing up his face with the effort it was costing to maintain the barrier, Yoshimitsu tried to think of how to deflect or avoid the attack.

Too late. He saw the barrier crack, and before he had any time to do anything about it, the beam smashed right into him, throwing him into the rapidly-breaking pillar.

Once the beam was called off, Yoshimitsu dragged himself to his feet. There was a large gash in his head, blood spilling freely the side of his face without the mask. Bahamut had vanished, but had thankfully taken the brunt of the attack. Most of his torso was burned severely, and his left arm looked to be missing most of its skin. He closed his eyes, concentrating briefly, and suddenly he was covered in a green glow.

Slowly, the cut on his head knitted itself together, not healing it completely but scabbing over so that no more blood could obscure his vision. His arm was his primary concern anyway, and he put most of his healing energy into that, restoring his skin as much as he could. It looked badly scared, but he could more or less use it. Sheathing his swords, his placed his palm on his chest, his hand glowing green. The burns eased, and didn't hurt nearly as much any more, but they were not completely healed.

"Holy shit..." He muttered. He felt more or less okay now. Good enough to carry on fighting. He could feel bits of his strength returning to him as seconds passed by. There was no way he could be defensive now. If Database or Sem had any more tricks like that, he'd be finished. So now, he was launching the attack. Defending the crystal was his priority. His arm crackling with electricity, his masked pupil turning crimson, he shot back into the sky.

"There's too much at stake. I can't lose now," Yoshimitsu said simply, rising so that he was on level with both of his opponents. He reached into his pouch at his waist, and despite the fact that it would blatantly not fit in such a small holder, he extracted a heavy, white blade that was almost as tall as he was. It was triangular with no guard, but the blade curved past the hilt, forming a pseudo-hand-guard. Halfway along its length, there was a purple crystal that glowed, looking almost organic.

"Playtime's over," Yoshimitsu snapped, thrusting his electrical arm at Sem and discharging an unbelievably amount of electricity. Spinning in the air, he sliced in front of his with the sword, releasing a wave of pure, raw, evil energy at the cyborg.

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
No matter what they seemed to do, Yoshi always seemed to have a way to come back. Sem had watched from above as Data's enormous attack forced the warrior into a pillar. The aquatic presence was so sure that that was the end of the battle, that he was about ready to rush in to claim the crystal.

Sem soon enough had a charge of lightning to worry about. The attack was too fast to block entirely, but the aquamor had just enough time to manifest a shield of ice from the rain before the electricity hit. The attack was stronger than he anticipated and strands of lightning arced around the shield to Sem himself, hitting him. Lightning coursed through the small creature until he dispersed, becoming only a presence once more.

"Let's see how he reacts to this..." Sem murmured, forming again into a liquid-version of his ottery-form. Almost instantly, the temperature in the area rose, as did the humidity levels. Sem didn't often work on this end of the scale, preferring colder climates. Individual drops of the downpour hissed, giving up steam as the rain came to a boil.

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
"Sem, I hate to break it to you," Yoshimitsu began, simultaneously focusing some of his elemental control within himself. The humid temperature would wreak havoc with his ability to fight, so something had to be done. He concentrated, and gathered his icy element, filling himself with it so that he felt pleasently cool. He breathed out, and his breath came as steam. "But with this much heat, think about the heat energy being contained in the rain." A wicked grin formed in Yoshimitsu's still bloodied face.

"What would happen if that heat energy turned into electrical energy?" He asked, clicking his fingers. At exactly the same moment, an electrical barrier formed around him, and all of the heat energy in the atmosphere was converted and turned into electrical energy. It was like being trapped in the middle of a thunderstorm. The first thing Yoshimitsu did was drop to the nearest pillar, falling on one knee as he tried to catch his breath. Despite his bravado, that display had not been easy for him. Panting, he focused on keeping his barrier around him - it would simply not do to have his own attack turn back on him. Looking up, his eyes found Database. The cyborg was the bigger threat right now.

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
"No," Sem glared at the sky with a half growl, half hiss. Without even a wave of his arm the rain started to cease and the clouds thinned, reminding the three of them that it was actually still day-time. His cradle of water evaporated and he fell safely to a pillar directly below.

Sem looked around, taking note of everyone's positions once more before pulling out his gunblades again. It was risky, but perhaps he would have his chance in more direct combat. The otterfish jumped from pillar to pillar, arms stretched out behind him as he made his way towards Yoshi. Once he was only a pillar away a jumped into a diagonal helicopter spin towards the glowing warrior.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Database was tired of playing games. Tired of fighting from afar, always on the back foot. It was time to take the fight to Yoshimitsu. Stopping momentarily, Database placed his palms together. Then, his metal wrist opened, and two glowing vibroblades extended - one forward, reaching over his fingers, and the other backward, extending past his elbow. And then both blades began to spin at his command, creating a glowing circle of death that could rip armour and flesh alike.

Database charged, running towards Yoshimitsu as fast as he could muster, preferably before the superhuman would notice. He then dived, his body gliding across the ground, swinging his metal arm at Yoshimitsu's legs, blades spinning furiously.

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
"Guyver Unit scan," Yoshimitsu commanded quickly, though keeping the order in his head. Looking up, he saw Sem flying at him like some kind of circular blade, considering how he was spinning. Wrenching his sword up, he gripped it with both hands and held it in a defensive stance. Sem's gunblades collided repeatedly, causing Yoshimitsu to slide back as he defended.

"Barrier," he thought quickly, forming a barrier around his sword. He dropped the sword down and plunged it into the ground as Database swung for his legs. The armblade destroyed the barrier, but much of the momentum of the attack was lost and it failed to connect. Yoshimitsu pulled out his other swords, the Bahamut Blade and Shinkuu. Without any hesitation, he threw himself into an extravagent spinning/flipping-jump, bringing one sword smashing down at Sem. At the same time, he released Shinkuu, the blade wrapping around his arm, and flicked the whip-like blade at Database.

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
Yoshi brought down his blade as he flipped away. Sem was just finishing spinning and brought his weapons up to block the blade, which he successfully did; however the power of the blow forced him down into the pillar with a crack, sending bits of rock flying up and tiny cracks snaking across the surface.

The creature groaned as he lifted himself up out of the rock, feeling his spin crack as he straightened himself. He lifted his weapons and fired at Yoshimitsu as he was flipping through the air. Sem ran and jumped through the air towards the shining humanoid and made to smack the side of the young man's face with his tail, which was reinforced with ice-plating.

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
"Send all to the void, Shinkuu!" Yoshimitsu roared, simultaneously sheathing the Bahamut Blade. As soon as those words left his mouth, Shinkuu began to warp again. The shoulder guard seemed to mutate and stretch, extending to Yoshimitsu's other shoulder, and a strip of the unusual metal extending down his back like a spine guard. A second blade extended down Yoshimitsu's other arm, looping around his wrist and extending past his hand, an exact copy of the first blade.

"Shinkuu's second release," Yoshimitsu explained briefly, moving his arms quickly and fluidly. The two blades, both whip-like, began to flow around him like an ever-moving shield, blocking the majority of the bullets. Three of them broke through the shield, but only two of them hit, one skimming his arm and the other taking a chunk out of his leg. Biting back the pain, he sent a rush of healing energy to both parts of his body, causing the wounds to scab over.

"Guyver Unit at 30%.
Unable to recommend use."

"Great, just great," Yoshimitsu muttered, flicking his wrists, both blades turgid again. He brought them both up and held strong against Sem's tail attack. The impace forced him to skid back, and his arm nearly gave, but he held strong. With a burst of energy, he pushed against the otterfish, knocking him back just enough.

"You two wont beat me at hand-to-hand," Yoshimitsu snapped, both blades sparking with black and red energy. He flicked one wrist, the blade turning whip-like, and sent it flying at Sem.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
The whip-blade flew at Database suddenly, too suddenly to possibly avoid. He dived to the side in time, but the whipblade sliced through a portion of his armour, gouging a small portion out of it. Clattering to the ground, Database's onboard computer crackled in his ear.

"System integrity compromised. Armblade offline. Suggest extreme caution."

The cyborg groaned. The more he got hurt, the less he was able to maintain his connection to the leaders, and Omrah in particular. This meant that his trump card - the one thing that kept him alive and able to attack - was quickly running out.

He got up off the ground, shakily. Raising his arm, he pointed it forward - reverting back into it's gun form. Then, Database fired his kickpack. Jumping into the air, he began a new attack, firing wildly at Yoshimitsu, before stopping.

His arm glowed. Then, his arm folded into itself, revealing one large, singular barrel. Pointing it at Yoshimitsu, Database fired a huge energy lance straight at his enemy, and then floated, still, preparing for his next attack.

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
"I'm running at about seventy five per cent right now. I think I can let loose a bit," Yoshimitsu thought briefly. Above his head, he twirled his left wrist, causing the blade to spiral fluidly. The ribbon-like edge moved quickly enough to catch the majority of the bullets Database was firing at him, though a couple broke through and skimmed his exposed flesh, burning it. With his other hand, had grabbed the hilt of the larger, white blade and focused.

"Breathe life into this, Bahamut," Yoshimitsu whispered, his whole body glowing violently. Even as the energy lance came blasting down, it split as it hit Shinkuu, the seperated tendrils of energy whipping across Yoshimitsu and opening a few gashes, though nothing too serious. The wounds knitted themselves together, scabbing over for now.

There was a flash of light, and suddenly another figure appeared, and Yoshimitsu was stood a few meters away from his previous position. Stood next to the white sword, which had mutated into a similar-looking spear, was another person. This person was clad entirely in dark blue armour, though the armour looked light enough for easy movement. The helmet was familiar, though. Shaped like a dragon, the visor being the dragon's mouth, closed and hiding the person's face. If the visor was open, the face would look human enough, just empty and emotionless. A shell. Just a body.

"You might want an explanation," Yoshimitsu commented. "See, that sword's a special one. It can manifest something depending on what I want manifesting, and if I have the resources available. This time, I wanted to make something to help me fight. Another person would be ideal, I figured. And my resources were Bahamut or Hydroshock. So, that guy you see there? Say hello to Bahamut, king of dragons."

The person, Bahamut, looked at Yoshimitsu.
"Bahamut, take Database. Sem's mine," Yoshimitsu ordered. Bahamut nodded, and shot into the sky, white lance poised to attack. He was flying straight at Database, ready to impale the cyborg.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Database stood, transfixed to the spot. Yoshimitsu had... split in two. One of his swords had transformed into a sentient being. One that, inconveniently, was trying to kill him.

He couldn't react. He didn't have time. All he could do, was to brace himself. Throwing up a dark energy shield as fast as he could, Database stood his ground and braced.

Bahamut struck, and Database tore backwards, creating a huge crater in the ground. Then, his shield broke. And time slowed for him, as he saw the dragon-man's lance pierce his chest. He felt, he savoured, the pain that tore through him, consuming his whole body, metal and flesh alike, and he crumbled to the ground, listening to his own laboured heartbeat and the system messages in his ear.

"Warning. Arm cannon offline. Shield offline. Life support is at 5%. Initiating emergency combat procedures. Transferring control of body to the Leaders. Please wait."

Database rose. He rose into the air, above Bahamut, above Sem, above Yoshimitsu. Propelled by nothing but his kickpack, he rose, limply. And then, he convulsed, stretching outwards, and screaming, because he knew what was happening.

Then, he turned white. Glowed.

And he exploded with the force of a thousand suns, creating a fireball of pure dark energy that spread over the whole of the battlefield, destroying absolutely everything.

And when this was done, he fell. Landing on a charred stump of a rock, he lay. Still. Silent.

The Leaders left him then.

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
"Shit."

There was barely any time to react, but Yoshimitsu had just enough to work with. He abandoned his assault on Sem entirely and reached for the pouch at his waist, pulling out two things. The first was another sword, very similar to Shinkuu's first form. The second was the very same crystal that both Database and Sem were after. Closing his eyes and concentrating, he raised the crystal above his head. A blinding light burst from the crystal, and suddenly everything moved in slow motion for Yoshimitsu. Now, now he had the time he needed.

"Shine, Nijitenshi," Yoshimitsu said calmly, raising the new blade. Slowly, the blade mutated, the guard curling round into the blade that straightened and widened. As it changed, a line of gemstone formed in the blade, changing colour as light refracted through it.

"Bathe all in glow, Nijitenshi," Yoshimitsu continued, swinging the blade round so that it was flat against his spine. As soon the metal touched his back, it bonded with him and two large, rainbow-coloured wings formed and stretched. The blades of Shinkuu were bathed in rainbow flames and Nijitenshi released to full power. Yoshimitsu concentrated briefly again, and his hair that was golden flashed into silver. At the same time, the wings and the flames also turned silver.

"Bahamut, Hydroshock, lend me your strength," Yoshimitsu said, his voice still ridiculously calm. With a flash, the humanoid Bahamut vanished, changed into its spiritual state. The ghostly orb, joined by a second one from Yoshimitsu, shot at Yoshimitsu's face, covering the other half of his face with a dragon-like mask.

"Database... You've unleashed hell."

Even as time restarted, Yoshimitsu felt like it was moving so slowly. In this new state, this unlocked state used only for the direst of emergencies, his strength was beyond anything that it was before. But even now, he could tell that it had to be refined, made less raw. He closed his eyes again and focused as hard as he could, condensing all the raw power of all of his skills, his summons, his own power. He condensed it within himself, and felt his form change as he reached his ultimate level.

"You still think you might win..." Suddenly, Yoshimitsu's voice had changed. It was as though two were speaking at once, both male voices but one so much more sinister, more evil. Stood now, he was clad in his mask... but the mask had changed, and covered his entire face with a mirrored design to the first. His clothes had been restored, but now took on a black hue, so dark no light could affect it. And he held a single sword in his hand, a katana with no guard and Bahamut's emblem etched into the blade. Running along all of his exposed skin were flowing silver tribal markings.

"You haven't seen anything yet," Yoshimitsu said, raising as palm just in time to catch the fireball. He was neither dodging nor blocking the fireball. His arms both began to glow silver, and he pointed the tip of his blade at Sem. Despite any damage it would do to him, Yoshimitsu was redirecting the attack, forcing it into a much smaller beam. He could feel the pain causing his arm to spasm, but he knew that it hurt a lot less than it would if he had been caught in the blast.

Instead of blocking the attack, he was channelling it. The dark energy was blasting at Sem.

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
Sem had barely any time to react. The beam was so condensed that it would tear through any barrier he put up; he honestly wouldn't be surprised if it could rip through to the core of the planet.

He gathered a fair amount of water at his feet, having it launch him directly up into the air as the beam hit, instantly evaporating the liquid and annihilating the stone column. The otterfish could feel the sheer heat of the attack even as he rocketed high above it.

Using a platform, he hovered in the air towards this new incarnation of Yoshimitsu's power, surely more terrifying than anything thus far. Worse part was that it looked like he was alone now; Database's fate was unknown. "Let's see how well I'll fare..."

Around him, small blades of ice appeared and began slicing through the air, throwing-knife style. The air hissed with the ring of dozens of small blades. They would mostly likely do nothing, but a distraction was always nice.

Next he launched a super-cooled jet of water at Yoshi, which would freeze on contact. If successful, he could rush in and finish the fight, and so he crafted two sword-like pieces of ice, condensing them in order to stand regular blows from hard objects.

The platform zoomed forward as Sem took a stance. It stopped abruptly, launching him at his foe. The aquamor narrowed his eyes and took a breathe as he swung his blades up at Yoshimitsu.

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
"You don't understand," Yoshimitsu said, as soon as the energy flow had been diverted. As Sem moved, he felt feeling return to his arms. The energy had not been easy to convert into a beam but given his current state, it was easy to heal any damage done. As soon as Sem had started moving, Yoshimitsu's eyes were following him. As Sem moved, the emblem of the Guyver unit blossomed on his hand.

"I'm beyond anything you may have faced before," Yoshimitsu said as he gestured casually. The ice blades fired at him simply vanished, heated to a point where they ceased being solid, bypassed liquid and became a harmless gas. The steam did not even burn him, as he summoned a light gust of wind to disperse it. As Sem fired the jet of water, Yoshimitsu raised his palm which immediately started glowing. The water hit his palm, and did not appear to do any damage as it vanished into nothing.

"You've unleashed hell upon yourself," Yoshimitsu finished, moving his sword. Sem's blades of ice met his own sword, but could not bypass the defense. In this state, calling Yoshimitsu a God would not have been inaccurate. His power was beyond anything felt before, and he was not hesitant about using it. He shifted his blade slightly, causing Sem to slide and fly upwards. As the otterfish moved, Yoshimitsu pointed and fired a powerful beam of that unholy energy, on a power level so far beyond what could have been felt before.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Database had been forsaken. The unearthly beings that granted him power - even here - had turned him into a bomb and left him to die. Worse, the bomb had had little effect - not even scratching Yoshimitsu. All that effort had gone to waste, and the crystal still remained in the superhuman's possession. This would not do.

But, then, what could Database do? He was lying on a forsaken spit of rock, half-dead, and, unfortunately, without the Leader's power, he had to rely on his own energy reserves. Which the Leaders had used up to fuel that bomb. And still his onboard computer crackled weakly in his ear, informing him that the cybernetic part of his body had failed completely. He couldn't quite help but feel slightly futile, even with the otterfish at his side, against the might of his enemy. He, with the power of gods at his side, was lying with a heavy chunk of dead metal for a body, unable to even move, let alone fight.

No, this really would not do. Database would have to think of something - anything - to revive himself and return to the fight. That man, that... being, was too powerful to possess that crystal. The fate of all the worlds depended on it.