• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS Personal favorites team!

So I decided to use a team made up of Pokemon that I actually like without regard to what everyone else is using. ^^ I have two alternates (Gallade to replace Lucario when Metagross replaces Solrock) but they're already set.

Lucario -Expert Belt (As if you didn't see this one coming)
Steadfast
Hasty Nature

Aura Sphere
Ice Punch
Earthquake
Dark Pulse/Psychic

I wanted to make this Lucario into a mixed sweeper and use it as a wall breaker. Aura Sphere is there because Lucario STAB'd Aura Sphere is deadly. Ice Punch for Dragons and Ground Types and additional Flying coverage. Earthquake is to take down Fire types and hit Electric types. I wasn't sure whether to go with Dark Pulse or Psychic. Dark Pulse would hit Ghost and Psychic types hard while Psychic would hit Fighting and Poison types.

Solrock- Leftovers
I can't remember the nature but I think it's Bold

Will o Wisp
Substitute
Zen Headbutt/Earthquake/Rock Slide
Explosion

This is a slight attempt at an annoyer type thing. Will o Wisp to support the rest of the team by crippling physical sweepers. Substitute to stay in the game longer. Third slot is to have something to chip at HP and Explosion is a kamikaze move.

Lanturn- Wise Glasses
Volt Absorb
Modest Nature

Surf
Thunderbolt/Discharge
Ice Beam
Thunder Wave/Confuse Ray

This set...yeah, it's kinda standard but I like it. ^^ The first three are for coverage and the fourth slot is randomstatusconditionfromoutofnowhere.

Umbreon- Bright Powder/Leppa Berry
Calm Nature

Toxic
Mean Look
Taunt/Torment
Sucker Punch/Payback

The first two moves are classic on Umbreon, but I wanted to do some experimentation with the last two. I like the idea of the whole Mean Look/Taunt/Sucker Punch combo, but I'm not sure if Umbreon has the attack power to pull it off. Torment is there because I don't see it too often and it sounds like a really fun move. Payback is just an alternate that could potentially work.

Arcanine- Meh, I'll just keep Anastasio as is and get advice on Ninetales instead ^^

Ninetales- Lum Berry/Razor Fang
Modest Nature

Flamethrower
Energy Ball
Grudge/Nasty Plot/some other status move
Extrasensory

Flamethrower for STAB, Energy Ball for Ground, Rock, and Water coverage. Extrasensory is there because it's one of my favorite moves in the game. I paired it with Razor Fang to increase the chance of flinch. The third slot is there just to be a general annoyance. Grudge because I like the idea of potentially bringing the PP of a valuable move to zero, Nasty Plot to raise sweeping capabilities. Other completely annoying moves include Spite, Confuse Ray, Will o Wisp, Fire Spin, Disable, and Hypnosis.

And last but not least

Meganium- Big Root
Calm Nature

Giga Drain
Leech Seed
Aromatherapy
Wring Out

Megan

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
My 3rd Lucario is almost identical to yours...almost:

Lucario @ Expert Belt
252 ATK/252 SP.ATK/6 SPEED
Steadfast
Hasty

- Aura Sphere
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake
- Agility

One Agility will make you faster than everything, with the exception of Ninjask and possibly Electrode. Even without an Agility boost Lucario still has over 200 Speed with this, so he's hardly slow anyway. Earthquake, Aura Sphere and Ice Punch provide good coverage and hit a lot for Super-Effective damage, and this also works as a wall breaker to some extent as well. Tried, tested, lethal.

Here's my Umbreon as well:

Umbreon @ Leftovers
252 HP/252 SP.DEF/6 DEF (Designed as a Special Wall - feel free to edit the EVs accordingly.)
Calm
Synchronize

- Toxic
- Dig
- Moonlight
- Mean Look

Toxistaller with a twist. Dig here is essentially Protect except it does damage, and helps against Poison/Steel-types who can't be poisoned. Moonlight for healing purposes, and Mean Look to trap your victim for the Toxic damage. Fairly standard stuff.

That's all for now, may be back a bit later.

So I decided to use a team made up of Pokemon that I actually like without regard to what everyone else is using. ^^

I'd love to try this team out in shoddy against someone and if all goes well, it will get transferred to Platinum.
Nice to see someone using their favourites instead of the OU mash up for once, I like you types :)

And if you didn't know, I'm always up for being most likely beaten on Shoddy :p