• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS Perfect Minun beautifly and swampert

Hi I'm new to these forums and I love the beautifly, swampert, and Minun.
I'd like to know the best moveset and nature for eachone for my team in D/P. For minun, I'd like ace, beautifly bug upheaval and silver wind, and Minun ace and maybe chargebeam/shockwave.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Hnn... If you're talking D/P based movesets.

Swampert
Nature: Brave

- Earthquake
- Waterfall/Surf
- Snow Slide
- Brick Break/Arm Hammer

This is a play on one of my favorite movesets for Swampert in the Gen3. The Physical/Special split hasn't shafted Swampert as much as other PokéMon - and the moves that have been 'shafted', so to speak, have nice physical replacements.

Nature is a bit more difficult than in Gen 3 - I'd recommend the Brave nature this time (+ Attack, - Speed) - Due to Snow Slide getting an advantage if the PokéMon is slower to attack than its opponent. Swampert has a nice attack stat, and the slight boost (I've specifically went for mostly physical moves here) would be helpful to it.

Earthquake is a must. Swampert's Physical Attack is higher than its Special attack, and since Earthquake is a physical move, takes a STAB from its dual ground type, and generally rocks, EQ is a must.

Surf has more power, but as Swampert's Special Attack isn't as good as its Physical attack, I'd suggest using Waterfall (which is now physical). Of course, it all depends if you want more range and less power over more power over less range.

Swampert can benefit from Snow Slide moreso than Ice Beam. It's a physical move, and since Swampert's speed isn't /all that/ (base speed of 60, heh) it's likely to take damage from faster foes before it would attack - and Snow Slide has the whopping base power of 120 provided Swampert gets hit first - better than Ice Beam could do with that Special Attack stat.

And speaking of physical moves, DP tossed in the Arm Hammer attack, a powerful (if slightly inaccurate) fighting-type attack, that, unfortunately also reduces speed. I'm not crazy about stat-impairing moves like that, however, with Snow Slide, it might do more good than bad. Granted, there's still Brick Break, which will still do phenomenal damage and has that lovely extra effect of shattering light screens and barriers. It all depends on your playing style really.

Beautifly
Nature:Timid

- Bug Upheveal
- Morning Sun
- Shadow Ball/Energy Ball
- ... I don't know honestly. >>

Not much of a PokéMon, there're a lot of better bug-types. But whatever.

Nature? Substracting from Attack (all the moves in this set are special) and adding to speed (Beautifly's speed, at base 65, isn't all that either), sounds logical to me.

Yay for Bug Upheveal. About time they made a move like that. Definitely goes on Beautifly.

Morning sun could be useful in certain circumstances, provided Beautifly survives to use it.

Shadow Ball (Ghost) or Energy Ball (Grass) could also be useful, depending on your playing style, what you want to use the TMs on, and what do you think you'll be sending it most against. It you want to use Beautifly as a counter-psychic, go for the Shadow Ball.

I have no idea at all about the last move. I never really used Beautifly (so many better bugs... X-x), but I suppose you could throw in Psychic, the ball move you didn't want, some status changing move or anything else really.

Minun
Nature: Modest

- Thunderbolt
- Thunder Wave
- Scheme
- Ace

Okay. First of all, allow me to denote that to me, Minun is a waste of space. It was created for the sole purpose of showing off the new (For gen3) Double Battle feature, and so suffers from quite a few weaknesses as a stand-alone PokéMon. Minun's stats leave much to be desired - its only good point is its base speed (95) which is, as they say, not too shabby. With that low a physical attack stat (40. Sheesh), it's obvious that this critter has to be a special-based attacker (why Minun, though, is beyond me. There's a million better electric types. >>), and considering all its better moves are TMs anyway...

Whatever. It's your team's funeral.

Nature... Modest. Less Attack, more Special Attack. Yes. Should work.

Thunderbolt and Thunderwave are a must for obvious reasons. Paralysis could be useful against most things that will try and fight this thing. Might keep it alive for more than two seconds.

Scheme increases Special Attack. Which could be useful, again, if Minun survives those first two seconds.

Lastly, Ace. Just because you asked for it. Aren't I so damn considerate. :p

Last edited by a moderator: