• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Percy Jackson AU (discussion)

Do you guys think the big prophecy should have been revealed yet or not?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
In this AU, none of the seven or their closest friends (not including Thalia because the tree is needed to keep the camp safe) exist. I'm gonna go ahead and remove Luke too so Kronos will have to find another host. Clarisse, Silena, Beckendorf, the Stoll brothers and the rest of the minor characters still exist. Also, the big three never made their deal about never making more demigod kids so there's no need to describe why you're a living child of Hades.

RP thread: https://pokecharms.com/threads/percy-jackson-au-rp.21402/#post-790711

Rules:
-Minor swearing is allowed
-Romance is allowed but don't go too far ;)
-You can have as many character but only one of your OC's can be a child of one of the big three (i don't want too many of the big three!)
-All Pokecharms rules apply
-Have fun and remember that Santa sees you when you sleep :)

Bio:
Name:
Age (if you're new to the camp you're most likely gonna be 11-13 years old):
Godly parent/what mythical creature are you? (this will infect which powers your OC have):
Backstory (optional):
Personality:
Appearance:
Other:

Exceptions of your age can be made if you describe it in your backstory (i say this because Nico, Bianca and Hazel are actually all over 70 years old)

My OC:
Name: Markus Thane
Sexuality: Pansexual
Godly parent: Hades
Backstory (optional): His mom disowned him from the second he was born because he ruined her marriage and he was taken to foster care. He wasn't very happy there because his foster parents didn't really care for him but his 'sister' always managed to make him smile. But one day a strange one-eyed man broke into his room to kill him. He escaped but it was at the cost of his 'sister'. The parents blamed him for it and threw him out on the street.
Personality: Like most children of Hades, Markus is mostly depressed and angry. He doesn't often talk much but when he do, it's most likely either surprisingly clever plan or a sarcastic remark.
Appearance: He's a short and scrawny kid with a small tan and a few small scars on his arms and hands. He always wear some sort of t-shirt and torn jeans but have never cared for what he puts on.
Other: Pocket knife

Last edited:

NDB

Previously BartenderReaper
Name: Chloe Verdant
Sexuality: Straight
Godly parent: Poseidon
Backstory (optional): Chloe was born and raised in Long Beach, CA until she was 9 and she and her mother moved to New York. She wasn’t sure why they moved but her mom said their lives would be better there.
Personality: Chloe is friendly but has a rather short temper, which has occasionally gotten her in trouble at school. She is smart and clever but can be very oblivious to other people’s emotions if they aren’t obvious.
Appearance: She has long obsidian black hair that she keeps in a ponytail. Her right eye is a dark emerald green and her left eye is deep ocean blue.
Other: N/A - TBD

Wanted to go more in depth but I have work to get to. I’ll add more detail when I get back. Just wants to get this out there.

Last edited:

~Rinko~

Previously PrincessPika~chan
Hmm, I might consider joining this, I'll probably get to it in a day or two, if you could hold it open until then?

Name: Chloe Verdant
Godly parent: Poseidon
Backstory (optional): Chloe was born and raised in Long Beach, CA until she was 9 and she and her mother moved to New York. She wasn’t sure why they moved but her mom said their lives would be better there.
Personality: Chloe is friendly but has a rather short temper, which has occasionally gotten her in trouble at school. She is smart and clever but can be very oblivious to other people’s emotions if they aren’t obvious.
Appearance: She has long obsidian black hair that she keeps in a ponytail. Her right eye is a dark emerald green and her left eye is deep ocean blue.
Other: N/A - TBD

Wanted to go more in depth but I have work to get to. I’ll add more detail when I get back. Just wants to get this out there.
Accepted. Glad to know people are actually interested. It’s fine that you didn’t go more in depth. I don’t always do that either

Hmm, I might consider joining this, I'll probably get to it in a day or two, if you could hold it open until then?
I’ll keep it open until i have too many roleplayers or OC’s which I doubt there will be. Take your time

I will probably update this more later on.
Name: Jason Blackwell
Sexuality: Gay
Godly parent: Aphrodite
Backstory:
Personality: Jason may not look it, but he is very smart. He tends to read a lot. It is not unheard of for him to be seen with a book. Being in the center of attention is not what he wants from everyone, like his half brothers and sisters want. He will be content to be in the mall or a book store reading the latest novel. Very kind, he loves to help others and will do what he can to help someone in need.
Appearance: Jason has long straight platinum blond hair that is almost white in color. It reaches to his shoulder blades. He is shorter then most kids his age. Has a very lean and toned build. He has striking sky blue eyes. Like most others of his half siblings he is very beautiful, but has a very androgynous look to his face. He can be seen in very fashionable, but casual clothing. Most of the time it is a pair of skinny jeans, sweaters or v neck t-shirts, and converse.
Other:

Probably not. If I was going for someone who was very manipulative then sure. Since I am going for someone who is more calm and easy going no. I might make another character as well.

Probably not with Jason. I do plan to make another character. Possibly and older character who has been at the camp before.

If I do give Jason charmspeak then I will probably limit it to certain things he does with it. When the RP starts I will give you my thoughts on wether or not I give him the charmspeak ability.

Also I am tagging someone who might be interested. @Mango137. I know you are going to be busy soon, but I thought you might enjoy this.

~Rinko~

Alright, here's one, I'll probably make another soon Note to self: Lycanthrope
Name: Nashota Acampora.
Sexuality: Bi, slight preference for girls though.
Godly parent: Athena.
Backstory: (I have no ideas right now, maybe later).
Personality: Kind, friendly and sociable; she likes to try and be friends with a lot of the people she sees, as well as make some simple jokes now and again. Obviously quite smart as well.
Appearance: Fair skin, hazel eyes, shoulder-length wavy blonde hair and slightly shorter than average. Typically wears deep red and yellow clothes, most often a plain T-shirt, hidden by a zipped-up leather (or some lighter material when it’s warmer) jacket, jeans and a pair of lace up shoes.
Other: N/A

@PrincessPika just noticed that you said that you’d make a lycanthrope but, i’m sorry if I’m bursting your bubble here, they’re actually Roman and we’re focusing on the Greek side of things in this Roleplay. There are some Roman stuff (none of it has anything to do with lycanthropy) in the books but i’m not sure if i’m gonna include that here

~Rinko~

@PrincessPika just noticed that you said that you’d make a lycanthrope but, i’m sorry if I’m bursting your bubble here, they’re actually Roman and we’re focusing on the Greek side of things in this Roleplay. There are some Roman stuff (none of it has anything to do with lycanthropy) in the books but i’m not sure if i’m gonna include that here
Ah, right, Wikipedia listed them on a page of greek mythological creatures.
I think I might make different character then because I really want to have two.

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Name: Bellamy Blake
Godly parent: Zeus
Personality: He is smart, loyal and usually calm. He likes making friends and allies and hates bullies. He is afraid of drowning.
Appearance: Standing at 6'4" Bellamy is lean but muscular. He has dark brown hair and shockingly grey eyes. He wears black trainers, blue jeans and a brown leather jacket over a white T-shirt.

Name: Amy Cooke
Sexuality: Lesbian
Godly parent: Ares
Personality: She is ambitious, kind and thoughtful. She is defensive of her sexuality and loves a good fight. She has a strong fear of heights.
Appearance: Standing at 5'4" Amy is skinny but we'll developed. She has golden blonde hair and sparkling green eyes. She wears brown Western style boots, blue denim short-shorts, a red tartan overshirt over a white crop-top and a grey Stetson.

NDB

Previously BartenderReaper
Second Character:
Name: Henry Johnson
Sexuality: Bi
Godly parent: Hephaestus
Backstory (optional): Henry was born in Albani, New York. Unfortunately, he was given up for adoption when he was born. His mother wasn’t sure she could raise a child. He was adopted and raised by family who already had a son. At first, his stepbrother was annoyed and hated Henry, but eventually they grew rather close. When Henry was a child, he would sneak out of school and go to the local auto repair shop and watch the mechanics work on the cars. The mechanics would give him small, old car parts that he would tinker around with. He would collect parts and make little robots out of them.
As Henry went through school, his dyslexia and ADD started become more impactful and he began struggling immensely. His stepparents tried what they could to help but nothing seemed to work. Henry started to feel like a burden to the family who adopted him. One night, he had a dream where Hephaestus appeared and told him everything he needed to know and about camp. When Henry woke up, he just dismissed it as a dream, but when the tiny robots Henry had constructed came to life on their own, he figured there might be some truth in that dream. The next day, instead of going to school, Henry made his way to camp, leaving a note for his family.
Personality: Henry is extremely hardworking and can sometimes become consumed by his work. He is known to skip meals when working on weapons and tinkering with builds. He can become irritated with others when they bother him while working. Henry doesn’t get angry with people or yell at them, though he may become frustrated. Find him when he’s not in his cabin working on some machine and you’d find he is a rather friendly person.
Appearance: Henry stands at 6 foot 3 inches, has short brown hair and hazel eyes. He is often seen wearing tank tops and jeans splattered with oil and dirt. His footwear consists of a pair of scuffed and scratched brown leather work boots. His tan skin is usually covered in a thin layer of dirt and oil streaks can be seen on his face. Henry’s hands are usually bandaged up, not because of injuries, but to protect his hands. He doesn’t like wearing gloves as he feels it prevents him from feeling the materials he’s working with and getting a better sense of the machines he works on.

Other: I know fire powers for Hephaestus kids is really rare, but I would like Henry to have them. I understand if you say no.

JPSomeone

Previously Kyle From Hoenn
DAMN MAN! You took me back to when I was in middle school(I can't really be saying that like I'm old though...I just entered high school xd). I know this is closed but since I'm here I might as well ask some questions. You're focusing more on the Greek side? No roman cross overs? I stopped reading books in 8th grade so has the original series not been added onto? Since everyone is basically a noob at this CHB stuff how will they even get there or enter? And... What's the first mission for your gang?

Actually that is their second character. What I think Killer meant is that he was waiting for one more person to start the RP. Not one more character. Besides in a previous post Killer had said that he would only close the acceptance of new people when the RP gets too bogged down with characters.

I haven’t planned on any Roman crossovers yet no. That would be a future RP in that case. Aside from PJO and HoO, there’s also the books about Annabeth’s cousin who’s a child of a Norse god. And the books about Apollo. I think there are one about egyptian gods but they don’t have those books in my library in that case. I’ll have satyr NPCs pick everyone up. And the first quest will be similar to the original one but with changes according to how the demigods are. And there needs to be something for everyone else to do as well. Which is why i have a little plot planned for those inside the camp

JPSomeone

Previously Kyle From Hoenn
Name: Brendan
Age (if you're new to the camp you're most likely gonna be 11-13 years old): 12
Sexuality: Heterosexual
Godly parent/what mythical creature are you? (this will infect which powers your OC have): Zeus
Backstory (optional): (Story coming soon to your RP website)
Personality: Brendan isn't brave nor does he seem like a natural leader. He couldn't hurt a fly if he tried. The shy/awkward sense you get from the kid could even make you feel bad for him. Even though he's introverted on the outside when you get to know him, he won't shut up.
Appearance: With dark brown hair and storm grey eyes you would think he would have self-confidence and appreciate who his dad is but no. Brendan dresses very bluntly with a plain white shirt and jeans. His shoes are nothing pricey either. Just a regular par of sketches.
Other: Tell everyone I said hi

Last edited:

Joelkjn Fox Lord

Previously Joelkjn Ōkami
Name: Alex (Alexander) Rogers
Godly parent/what mythical creature are you? (this will infect which powers your OC have): Pan
Backstory (optional): Alex grew up knowing he was special. He was always closer to nature than others and it seemed like the nature listened to him. He was bullied in school and at the orphanage. His mind started changing when he turned 13 and he got news that he was a son of a god. He thought himself as more then people that had no god parent. As he thought himself as more he wanted to controll the mortals. He got himself locked away by Pan (His god parent) for his crimes against humanity, Pan died when he locked him away. When he managed to break free he tricked the satyrs that his father kept him safe from monsters that hunted him.
Personality: Cunning and sarcastic but has a "nice" side to him.
Appearance: Think old Snape but with Harry's hair and eyes
Other: Has a magical snake that can change size and become a tattoo on his arm. He grew up in the UK so he has a brittish accent. He is also good at playing the acoustic guitar and singing

If you have any questions about the age and my backstory ask Bunny. We have already discussed this in person and he is okay to go along with it

Last edited:
Here is my second character. I felt we needed more girls. I just felt the RP was a little unbalanced. Also let me know if I need to change her. I just felt Bella would fit in with the others well.
Name: Bella Clarke
Godly parent: Dememter
Backstory:
Personality: Bella is very loving and spends her time taking care of others. Most of her friends have called her the "mom" of the group. Always making sure everyone was ok and taken care. Though she does have a bit of a temper when her friends are threatened. She will go on a rampage and basically tell others off or just punch them in the face.
Appearance: Bella has long brown hair that flows down to her lower back. Her face is very beautiful. Her eyes have this kind and very nurturing look to them. She has lightly tanned skin. Her eyes are a striking blue color. Standing at around 5'3, she may be small compared to others but she is very much a force to be reckoned with when angry. Her prefered style of clothing is a short but comfortable dress. Though she can be seen in gardening clothes as well.

Last edited:
Thought so. I will change it. I will probably look more into both of them and decide from there. Also I do find it kind of odd that she has a cabin in the camp, but no children. That just confused me when I read the books.

What is your take on minor gods and goddess? Do they have a cabin or is it like in the first book where they all stayed in the Hermes cabin. I am thinking of scrapping Bella and recreating her into a different character entirely. I am thinking of doing Hecate demigod, because I feel there are not any real "mean" characters and I want to do something different to Jason.