• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Perap's English name?

Yeah, I heard this on Joe Serebii's site this afternoon and he only head this off the grapevine as well and the is- IT'S CHATOT!?!

EDIT: C'mon! Why doesn't anybody post comments on topics that I start? :'(

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
I've seen worse. It'd be better if it was turned into Parrap, but Chatot isn't half as bad as 'Sneasel' or 'Manectric'. The lack of transition between Chat and Parrot hurts my eyes slightly, but I can see how 'Chatterot' would have been a bit too long... >>

I've seen worse. It'd be better if it was turned into Parrap, but Chatot isn't half as bad as 'Sneasel' or 'Manectric'. The lack of transition between Chat and Parrot hurts my eyes slightly, but I can see how 'Chatterot' would have been a bit too long... >>

At least "Manetric" rolls off the tongue easily (at least for me) and "Chatterot" wouldn't be too long. It's 9 letters long while the limit is 10.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I don't need to like it to accept and deal with it. It'll grow on me anyways >>

I'm just with Stel on it. Something along the lines of "Parrap" would've sounded much better *shrugs*

Yeah...what was wrong with "Parrap"? I mean, it was even an imported English mix in the original...@_@ Do they have to change a certain number of them, or something?

And Chatot...um...okay...that's...nice? I think they could have done better, though. They could have done so much better.

But, like Link said, I'll just get used to it and it won't bother me as much anymore.

*shrugs*

It bugs me that the ending needs to be pronounced "-ott," which isn't even close to the ending of "parrot." The spelling isn't the bad part, but you can't pronounce it properly.